Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+13
misseddie
barbeeAL
crzy4cruising
frudutx
nancyk2sea
critterchick
vlscruiser
cruisenfever
jillybabes
Murphy
cruiseforme
GrmyCRS
JJ2sail
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 8:21 pm

Afternoon everyone,

Another busy day in the trenches!

I bought tickets today to tour the HGTV Dream Home, they were $20 and it goes to charity, so I figured what the heck, it might be fun!

Sunny, and my door is open, but rain is on the way....

Later...
Back to top Go down
misseddie
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
misseddie

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 8:47 pm

GrmyCRS wrote:
Mar - Have fun packing (the worst part of a cruise)...and have a great cruise!
Nahhhhh! The worst part is packing to come home. Sad
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 9:10 pm

misseddie wrote:
GrmyCRS wrote:
Mar - Have fun packing (the worst part of a cruise)...and have a great cruise!
Nahhhhh! The worst part is packing to come home. Sad

double nahhhhhhhhhhh--the worst is unpacking all the crap once you get home!!!!! stickingtongueout truthfully, my backpack from my Nov cruise is still not unpacked affraid and now wo't be--I'll just go through it-- and replenish, take out, put in--for our next one march 8th
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 9:45 pm

Jen, the tour sounds really neat wish I lived close by.

There was talk on the Mariner thread over on cc about getting the hep A & B vaccine and some thought it was a good idea and some figured lived this long without it why get it now. My mother was on dialysis for 8 years and I never got it but a few years ago I thought it wasn't such a bad idea and had the series because of travel and such.

Been busy doing nothing today other then shuffle papers back and forth.
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 10:19 pm

Well, I'm outnumberd....and I agree...but you don't have to be so careful when packing to come home. The VERY WORST PART IS GETTING OFF THE SHIP.

Jean - Since Martha won a Carnival Cruise, we will await your review. Wink Saw some pictures of the Splendor and it looked pretty nice.

Nancy -Looking for a good assisted living facility can be a tough job.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 10:35 pm

Im with you Chris.I HATE packing..............thats why I till the last minute..........you never know what you need, what will good,etc........I always wind up with too much...........

Thats gonna to see the Dream House,Jen.........Maybe I can see it when you win it!

Jean--I took Carnival and liked it..........really pretty similar to RCCL.but I bet you find fault since you are so used to the MN and the staff..........hard not to compare.

Wont be back before you leave Susan.......so bon voyage to you.......have fun!!

Nancy-----Bet its real tough to find the right place...............good luck with that..

Hope you didnt wind up with too much snow,Patti.....some on our roll call are worried about flights tomorrow.........

speaking of flights,since I have to leave here at 6:30am to go catch mine,I wont be back on till I get back..........

I hope everyone has a wonderful week............Ill be back Monday..
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 10:39 pm

Enjoy your cruise Kathy, and Susan. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 10:42 pm

Bon Voyage again Kathy!

Susan, when do you leave?

I can't keep up with everyone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 11:00 pm

Thanks Ginny and Jen........

Jen--heres the list for this month,

January

Jul--Jewel-Panama Canal(currently on)

Sheila/Michelle-Independence-WCarib(currently on)

Feb
5th--Kathy-Navigator-WCarib
8th--Susan--Adventure-SoCarib
13th--Jean-CarnivalParadise-BajaMexico
22nd--Marilyn--Mariner--Mexican Riveria
27th--Jill--Grand Princess 14 nt Caribbean Collection
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 11:02 pm

KATHY HAVE A *ANOTHER* FABULOUS TIME CRUISING!!!!! and yes, I'm jealous Wink .
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 11:09 pm

Kathy--have a great cruise and come back to tell us how the Nav. looks now.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 11:22 pm

Kathy: Bon Voyage. KEEP WARM...

Nancy: What assisted living facility did you decide on???
Looks like we won't have a chance to meet for lunch or dinner unless you return after our cruise...Our thoughts & prayers are with you at this time...
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 11:35 pm

Kathy--have a good one. You too Susan., with Rodeo starting THURSDAY, I won't be posting as much, so in case I am not on again.

Nancy--I know how difficult it is to find a great place. and this is for Ken's aunt? thatr makes me feel hopeful Laughing as it will be nieces or nephews that will decide for me one of these days since I have no children. I probably ought to get that cleared now as to who I want to do that since I have 6 of them-hmmmmm. not tonight Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 11:41 pm

Throwing in my TwoCents everyone should consider putting their affairs in order and reviewing them as needed. It is very hard for those asked to serve as decision makers as it is. Not having these things discussed is just asking for trouble between family members. Getting off my OnMySoapBox
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 11:59 pm

Ginny, you are soooooooooo right. my parents "thought" they had everything in order & I have been amazed at how much there is to do. Just when I think I have everything taken care of for my mom, something else pops up. We went to an elder care attorney that was absolutley wonderful & my mom (&dad) have/had all of the paperwork--will, directive, DNR, power of attrny, etc etc. the attorney told us that there was nothing to stop us from whiting out my mom's name, copyinb the forms and putting in our names. I have done that & so I have all of that paperwork done. I do need to talk to the niece I think I am being lead to chose as my "caretaker", have thought alot about that lately. now let me get on my soapbox (hey just figured out that you hae no cutie emoticons if you use the quickie deal--oh well), anyway, PARENTS make sure you do have your things in order for your spouse and kids' sakes.
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 12:03 am

Thanks Brenda been there and done that to many times now with family passing away. I know that I still have lot's of loose ends myself that I need to take care of.
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 12:21 am

Well, that's what I do for a living, so you KNOW I agree with you, Brenda and Virginia!
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 12:24 am

GrmyCRS wrote:
Jean - Since Martha won a Carnival Cruise, we will await your review. Wink Saw some pictures of the Splendor and it looked pretty nice.

Chris, we're going on Paradise, a MUCH older sister of Splendour. I think we'll have a good time, it'll just be weird not knowing all of the bartenders and servers.

I'm already looking forward to the rumored better food and bringing a bottle of wine on board without fear of it being confiscated.drunken
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 12:27 am

Jean I am going to miss not going with all of you. Enjoy yourself and you will get to know the bartenders and servers quickly. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 12:42 am

Jean - I knew it wasn't the Splendor, but still hope you have some good things to say about Carnival. Did 5 cruises on them way back when, so it will be like something new to us. I agree with VIRGINIA Very Happy, you'll have those bartenders wrapped around your little finger in no time...and probably a few others too.
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 2:19 am

critterchick wrote:
Well, that's what I do for a living, so you KNOW I agree with you, Brenda and Virginia!

what exactly is it that you do Jean?

"you'll have those bartenders wrapped around your little finger in no time...and probably a few others too." Chris is that other people wrapped around her little fingers OR bartenders wrapped around her OTHER fingers?

sorry, I've been working on posting rodeo inventory on the 'puter all night & I am a bit punchy.

nightie night all
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 10:21 am

Morning! Guess I missed Kathy!!!! Sorry and BV!

I leave Saturday morning. My cabinmate's hubby is picking me up at 5:30am to head to the airport! I can't get out of here soon enough and the weather is supposed to cooperate! 50 degrees predicted for Saturday! Of course that will probably mean fog because the ground is so cold, but at least we'll take off!

Busy getting everything hammered down at work for when I'm gone. Of COURSE last week one of the employees in another department basically walked off the job, and they've stolen my star employee to replace him! That means I'm one person short to cover all the work when I'm gone! Good news is I found a peach of a gal who will start the day I get back from vacation.... Yikes, I'll be busy that day too! LOL

And DH has decided he is finally going to get the remodel of the basement started while I"m gone, so tonight, instead of loading my IPOD with cruise songs and checking my packing list and paying the bills, I'll be in the basement with him flagging things he can pitch in the dumpster he's rented for the remodel and making sure his remodel plans aren't too extreme! LOL Why does he plan all this stuff for me to do when I should be getting ready to leave? Ah, well, maybe I'l come home to a remodeled basement... NOT!
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 10:40 am

Good Morning: 52 here but with the wind feels like 32!!! but the sun is shining!!!

Susan: Sounds like Ray is going to be busy while you are gone, guess he has to fill the lonely hours doing something useful Wink , and just think what the finished product will look like...

Jean: Will also be interested to hear about Carnival, but since you are going with a group am sure you will have a wonderful time even if the ship etc is below par...

Everyone have a great day, will check in L8R...
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:36 am

Morning it's frosty here in Dallas today :coldout: but at least the sun is shining.

Have fun Kathy!

Susan I'll be very interested on your input on Adventure John and I are thinking about booking this cruise for Oct but the other itinerary.

Need to get back at it.

d
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 12:49 pm

Morning everyone, got an email from Jul this am. More polar bear prayers needed.
Here is her email:

Jen.......I haven't been able to get on to CF since we left Miami....

Just wanted to give an update!! You can post if you want to!!

All is well....yes, we have the photo coupon but they said it's an old book! Also, they ring the ''free'' drink and then credit off the drink amount and you sign a bill for the tip...NOW, we don't know whether we pay that yet or not....some say yes, some say no!

Internet coupon.....different info as usual...one says use internet first then turn in cpn (so we did) then they say nooooo you had to come here first....so I have 25.00 in minutes and then 20.00 Free in minutes...We tried the in room and it wasn't anything like Radiance...it would NEVER bring anything up....sooo they refunded the $100 on that.

There is a polar prayer we need!!! The twins went to dr on Monday....were test ed for influenza (negative) and then tested for RSV...Rhory has RSV, she has to keep Reiss away from him so he doesn't contract it....I'm sure it's not easy for her without us there to help!! But I'm praying they will be ok and not end up in hospital or anything. Dr was glad it was Rhory that had it and not Reiss since he's still so little...so PLS add a prayer for the 'twins!!!
Thanks!!!!

I can understand how Nancy was going crazy on a cruise with a member of family ill!!!

Anyhow...all is well...cruise is great and having an awesome time with the 3 couples from PB cruise!

Miss y'all!!! (HI SIS! Smile)

Oh yea...BTW...did the rock climbing wall!!! (well not to the top but at least I did it!!! hahhaha)

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next