Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+13
misseddie
barbeeAL
crzy4cruising
frudutx
nancyk2sea
critterchick
vlscruiser
cruisenfever
jillybabes
Murphy
cruiseforme
GrmyCRS
JJ2sail
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 1:09 pm

Morning everyone,

Today is Wednesday so it's off the the grocery store. Oh, and it's SNOWING again. Have about 2 inches on the ground. cursing

Susan, have a wonderful cruise. I would love to see Jim go away for about a month on a fishing trip.............that's all the time I need to get the garage and basement "remodeled"!! Laughing

Kathy, I'll say it "again"..............have a great cruise.

Have a great day..................back later.
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 2:35 pm

Good Morning Ladies,

Manicure, pedicure and haircut this morning and afternoon.

Hope everyone has a nice day,

BV to everyone traveling this week. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 3:03 pm

Okay, have a little break to catch up.

If you guys didn't see the email from Jul it is on pg 20 all the way at the bottom

She is having a good time, but one of the twins is sick, so she is worried.

Not sure why she can't get on CF.

Brenda, good luck with the Rodeo, I know it must be a lot of hard work.

Patti, If you get sick of the snow, you could come on out to California, I hear Southwest is going to have some $99 deals. :flying:

Susan, I know how frustrating it is to lose good employees, hope all works out and you are able to relax on your cruise.

Ginny, enjoy your day!
Back to top Go down
misseddie
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
misseddie

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 3:27 pm

crzy4cruising wrote:
misseddie wrote:
GrmyCRS wrote:
Mar - Have fun packing (the worst part of a cruise)...and have a great cruise!
Nahhhhh! The worst part is packing to come home. Sad

double nahhhhhhhhhhh--the worst is unpacking all the crap once you get home!!!!! stickingtongueout truthfully, my backpack from my Nov cruise is still not unpacked affraid and now wo't be--I'll just go through it-- and replenish, take out, put in--for our next one march 8th
Treble Nahhhhhhh............The worst part is...................wait for it................listening to the wife complain as she unpacks the crap after arriving home. hide

I'll go and hide now. HappyHappyJoyJoy
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 4:24 pm

Good afternoon--

Do hope all is well with the twins, sorry Jul has to worry while being away.

Took Aunt to view one of the choices for assisted living, she did not like it. Ken will take her to the one we liked best on Friday. We have to wait for the weather to warm, the one today was attached to the rehab she is at so did not have to go outside. We are having quite a cool spell.

back later-
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 6:11 pm

nancyk2sea wrote:
Good afternoon--

Do hope all is well with the twins, sorry Jul has to worry while being away.

Took Aunt to view one of the choices for assisted living, she did not like it. Ken will take her to the one we liked best on Friday. We have to wait for the weather to warm, the one today was attached to the rehab she is at so did not have to go outside. We are having quite a cool spell.

back later-

It is down right COLD....Would not be so bad if the wind was not blowing like crazy!!!
What Asst. living places are you looking at??
We will keep the twins in our prayers and know that Jul must be anxious being so far away...Later, Jill
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 8:07 pm

Hi Jill- well we ruled out the Fountains in S. Pasadena and like Arbor Oaks in the Tyrone Mall area. Since I leave on Friday, Ken will be on his own. Sorry that we could not get together, seems like we have hardly been here.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 10:28 pm

Evening all! Had a pretty good day. Went over our 2009 objectives and bonus plan with my boss today and he had some great things to say about me! Always good to hear. Any my "star" employee who is supposed to transfer to the other department is having second thoughts after only 3 days, so I may get her back after all!!! Woo Hoo!

Jul, try to enjoy your cruise and we will all say our blessing for the babies.

Nancy, good luck with your assisted care search.

Jill, I wouldn't be so worried about the remodel if Ray knew anything about using a hammer! LOL The last time I backed away and let him take charge of a remodel his brother and he put a drop ceiling in our laundry room of our first house. They ran the supports the wrong way and 2 days after they hung it, it all fell down on top of me when I was doing laundry! If he would just tell me what he has planned so I can give some input, I would be ok, but leaving him to make all the decisions is a disaster waiting to happen!

Patti, hope you didn't get too much more snow! NE Indiana got slammed with lake effect snow, but thankfully we are snow free... well, at least new-snowfall free!

Off to update the IPOD and pay the bills....
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 10:47 pm

Susan, one of the things I miss about late husband is that he was so handy around the house, fixing things, cars, rubbing feet, etc. etc. But Bless Ray's heart he is willing to do the job. Just remember to wear a helmet the first few day back while in the basement. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 10:55 pm

Cold here as well...brrrr no snow thankfully

prayers and hugs to the babies Juls

Susan have a great cruise, will keep good thoughts for the basement remod to go well
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:06 pm

Thanks, I know it will all turn out ok, but probably not what I would have done, or picked out, etc. I guess I should be glad I don't have to be around to watch!

Getting excited about the trip! Boss gave his blessing today and said I deserved the time off. That was nice to hear too! I WANNA GO NOW!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:07 pm

vlscruiser wrote:
Susan, one of the things I miss about late husband is that he was so handy around the house, fixing things, cars, rubbing feet, etc. etc. But Bless Ray's heart he is willing to do the job. Just remember to wear a helmet the first few day back while in the basement. Very Happy
Ray is missing the "handy-man" gene, but I love him anyway!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:14 pm

Evening all..................

We only got about 3 inches of snow, thankfully. Areas south of us got 10-12 inches. But they keep saying it's going to warm up.

Nancy, please tell Ken that we are thinking of him as he is going through the assisted living process for your aunt. Been there, done that and it is really not an easy task.

Susan, wishing you a wonderful cruise. Sounds like Ray has watched too many Tool Time shows. Laughing

Julie, hope you are having a great time and thoughts and prayers being sent to the twins.

And now I do believe it is time for a

(((((((((GROUP HUG)))))))))

Last edited by cruisenfever on Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:14 pm

Susan: Have a wonderful time and just think how nice the basement is going to look!!! I love Ginny's suggestion to wear a helmet Smile !!!

Nancy: Safe travels to you and Ken (when he leaves) and hopefullly we can get together next time...
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:19 pm

Patti--thanks for the group hug, I am feeling pretty down as I get ready to head north and not knowing what to expect. Ken and I plan to have our Valentine's celebration tomorrow, we have not been apart since both of us quit traveling for work when we retired five years ago now.

Jill--we will hope it is sometime before the Holiday 2010 trip
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 12:38 am

Evening....

Hope all goes well Nancy, take care.

I noticed that the price went down on our one night cruise, on HAL, today.
So we are getting a refund and an upgrade to an ocean view cabin. Woo Hoo!
I didn't think they would actually drop the price on a one night cruise. But what the heck, it will buy us a couple of drinks.

Rain is on the way........
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 1:11 am

Good evening, all, and let me join in the group hug! I had a really busy day today - breakfast meeting, then did some legal work until it was time to race home and get Carmen for her acupuncture appointment. After I got home it was time to walk Blanca (who is always furious when Carmen gets to go for a ride and she doesn't). Then it was feeding the critters time and then it was clean up yark and poop. I should run a kennel and get paid for it all!

We went ahead and booked the 9/30 Radiance to make a B2B out of it with the 10/4 cruise. It kills me to give up a 9-nighter in 1100, no less, but we want to keep the schedule clear in case we get an Oasis pre-inaugural invite. If we don't, well, we'll find something last minute, I'm sure.

I hope that all the ailing SPBs and their families are hanging in there!

And I hope Ray doesn't tear the house down, LOL!
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 1:50 am

geez y'all were chatty today-whew. thanks for the good luck witht hte rodeo--what a day today pale tomorrow is the opening and I guess the booths are ready. ready or not, here it comes!!!!

Ginny, everytime yoyu post BV (I know you mean bon voyage), I think you are talkig about me--that is my initials & I taught the deaf for years & my sign name was BV. gotta get some last minute updates doen & then off to bed. tomorrow is another day at the RODEO!!!!

Jul, will keep the twins in my prayers. how old are they? that has to be scarey no matter what their age.

Thanks for the laugh Susan, hopefully all will go well in the basement.

later
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 2:17 am

Home from Wednesday night church and joining in the group hug. Praying for the twins, Nancy SIL and in finding the right assisted living home for your Aunt.
Best Wishes on opening day at the Rodeo Brenda.

You'll have sweet dreams.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 10:23 am

Morning all, this is my Friday since I have tomorrow off! Cool

Gonna take the "girls" for their yearly checkup, stop at Sams for supplies, go for groceries and then meet some friends for lunch. I guess calling it a day off is really a misnomer. But I won't be at work. HappyHappyJoyJoy

Got some stuff to do so I need to get back at it, happy packing Susan!

d
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 10:33 am

Joining the group (((((HUG))))))!
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 10:48 am

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Th_gro10 Sorry, it doesn't show up but it was another GROUP HUG!
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 11:22 am

morning all.
It showed up Chris. We can pretend that the white one in the middle is a PB, right?

joining in the hug--I needed that hug last night, thanks Patti & my life is simple.

off to the rodeo--yehaw. hoping today goes smoother than yesterday
b
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 11:25 am

Here's my hug!

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Group_Hug__by_xBloodyCupcakex

d
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 11:26 am

It showed up and I "borrowed" it Thanks, Chris!!!
Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Th_gro10 32 degrees here!!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 13 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next