Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+13
misseddie
barbeeAL
crzy4cruising
frudutx
nancyk2sea
critterchick
vlscruiser
cruisenfever
jillybabes
Murphy
cruiseforme
GrmyCRS
JJ2sail
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
vlscruiser
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 12:12 pm

Good Morning Ladies,

Just some errands and such to take care of today. Hope you'll have a great day. Smile Welcome home Kathy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 12:40 pm

Quick hello...............Im so tired I can barely type.............just wanted to let you know Im back and had a great time.........(your friends miss you and Don,Jean!!).......

Ill be back later to read all the posts and see what you have been up to..........hope everything is ok.............
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 12:54 pm

Morning everyone..............

Welcome home Kathy.

Weather here is another sunny day, but a little colder than yesterday.

My project today is to clean the refrigerator.........ugh!!

Catch ya all later.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 2:17 pm

Happy Monday all!

Welcome back Kathy, sign of a good time is that you are dog tired.

Patti, cleaned our fridge on Sat, got rid of so much expired stuff it looked barren. You know jars of this and that that you never seem to completely use. Then I went to the grocery store. lol!

My team leader had a SB Party yesterday and today we're eating the leftovers yum-yum. Autumn soup that today he calls Ground Hog soup. It's the kind of soup that always tastes better the next day.

Well need to get back at it.

d
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 2:30 pm

Hello all, chilly, rainy day here. Guess the cool weather will get me ready to head north.

Spending the day sorting what I want to take with me and what I will leave here for Ken to bring if I do not get back to FL next month.

Kathy--welcome back

Wonder how the weather is for those cruising now.
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 3:48 pm

Patti...I emailed Karen on the Mariner to tell here that Pete is a "woose"! That is most likely why they have never done an Alaskan cruise....they should be in Valparaiso today and tomorrow...then on to the 3rd leg of the 46dayer.....Mariner will be here soon....Whoo Hoo.

We did absoulutely nothing concerning the Super Bowl...not interested....but had a yummy dinner at Outback last night! Even had some King Crab Legs....my most favorite food!!! YUM! :eat:

I guess I have to start getting serious about my packing list and starting to put hings in the suitcase for the Pre-Inaug and Inaug of Mariner.....only 17 days to go...I kinda have it all in my head, but can't depend on that when actually packing! BlondeMoment

Have a good week...our 80 degree weather is going back to the 60s and rain on Wednesday! No wonder everyone has colds! I'm on Airborne!!!!

Mar~
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 5:38 pm

Afternoon everyone..................

Well, fridge is cleaned.............now just have to put everything back. We even moved it so I could get rid of all those nasty dust bunnies. It's truly amazing what you find in the refrigerator that you swore you didn't have.....................but you did have and it was all the way on the bottom shelf in the back. affraid My next refrigerator is definitely going to have the freezer on the bottom...............I'm getting to old to keep bending and looking for stuff.

Catch ya all later...............................
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 5:42 pm

Ok, read past posts.............and want to say how sorry I am to hear about your SIL,Nancy.....thinking only positive thoughts.....

Congrats on the weight loss,Barb...takes alot of willpower......good for you!!

Did my laundry and just need to put it back in the suitcase........looks like Im in for the same cold weather...........arrrrggggghhhhhhh
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 5:57 pm

Kathy--just noted that you are on the Navigator this week. We thought the staff were so very nice, one of our best experiences.

It should be interesting how the dry dock went, there was so much activity during our cruises and they told us there would still be more on the next cruise. It seems they can't get everything done while in dry dock. The crew all had special tasks while there were no passengers, lots of deep cleaning. Have a great time.
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 7:17 pm

PH8 wrote:
Quick hello...............Im so tired I can barely type.............just wanted to let you know Im back and had a great time.........(your friends miss you and Don,Jean!!).......

Ill be back later to read all the posts and see what you have been up to..........hope everything is ok.............

Kathy, I'm glad you had a good time. Is it true that they no longer have a Latin band in Bolero's? One of my friends emailed that to me and I can't believe it's true. That would truly be the end of an era if Gerald (group coordinator) can't do his salsa any more. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 9:35 pm

No latin band,Jean........they had a top 40s band!! affraid Speaking of Gerard,I got to meet him this time......at the P/D party.....told him we were friends and before I knew it ,he tried to get me cha cha-ing on the dance floor..............NOT me......I had him dance with my friend(who wanted to kill me cuz she doesnt know how to dance that either)...........but he is such a good teacher,they looked good.......Very nice man..............and btw--Raj says he hasnt heard from you in awhile.............hes on for 11 more nights.then vacation and then to the Grandeur......

Introduced myself to Capt Rick and he says you will just have to come this way to get back onboard............saw Noel in Boleros.and the rest I met last month were on vacation................they all asked about you though and asked how you were doing.....

I like the NV Nancy........be interesting to see how shiny and new she'll look.........
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 9:54 pm

OK, now what is wrong with that picture??????????? How can you have a lounge called Boleros and not have Latin music? We fell in love with Boleros when we were on the Enchantment right after they did the stretch! Boleros was "the" place to be and it was honestly the nicest lounge experience I've ever had. The staff was wonderful and all the waiters/bar staff took turns dancing with the passengers. We did a dance together out of the lounge, thru the atrium and back to the bar! Fab.

I'm getting excited about my trip next weekend and the rest of the girls are even more excited. 4 more days of work to get thru...
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 10:19 pm

critterchick wrote:
PH8 wrote:

Kathy, I'm glad you had a good time. Is it true that they no longer have a Latin band in Bolero's? One of my friends emailed that to me and I can't believe it's true. That would truly be the end of an era if Gerald (group coordinator) can't do his salsa any more. Sad

is Gerald the one that looks kind of like Charles Barcley?
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 11:00 pm

WELCOME BACK, KATHY!!! now you're leaving again???? Shocked Wink Laughing

Survived another Monday...May just has to get here soon.

Patti - cleaning the fridge is like cleaning the pantry. We used to laugh at what we found in Mom's. I would imagine Julie would think ours is pretty laughable too.

Jean - Looks like you'll have to head to FL one of these days.

Mar - Have fun packing (the worst part of a cruise)...and have a great cruise!

Ginny - Keep up the good work. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 11:11 pm

Hello Ladies,

Kathy, sounds like you had a wonderful time. Gerald is such a smooth dancer and a gentlemen. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 1:23 am

Just checking in, just got home..........been doing errands all night.

Had a crazy day at work, took me all day to get payroll done, because the timesheets were all messed up. Very frustrating.

Sounds like Gerald has a fan club! He is a sweety! I love Bolero's too, and I don't even dance! But loved their Mojito's. Very Happy

Nighty night spb's...
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 10:38 am

Morning all!

Jean, sounds like you'll need to make a couple trip to FL.

Kathy: you've found a new home!

Gonna be a beautiful day here today but it'll be short lived as the temps as supposed to drop below freezing before the end of the week.

d
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 10:57 am

Good Morning: Sunny here but windy on the North side of the condo...
Kathy: Glad to hear you had a great time on the Monarch, have fun on the NV!!!
Jen: Sorry about your bad day, but things will start looking up!
D: Our weather is supposed to get cooler later in the week also...
Have not started a packing list yet, but plan on doing that in the next couple of days...We leave 3 weeks from tomorrow Cheers ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 10:57 am

Morning all.......

Yea Jean..better come here to reclaim her ship before I do..... Laughing ..J/K Jean--I know how much MN meant to you.............like SS did to me...........cant wait to hear your Carnival affraid report...

Getting cold here again............20s the next couple of nights which means another FREEZING cold sailaway on Thursday...I have never been so cold at sailaway as I was last Friday...............something very wrong with that picture....

Really need to get to the gym this am,so I'll be back later!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 10:58 am

Morning Jill!! sunny
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 1:32 pm

Morning everyone..............it's a quiet day in our neighborhood.............had a dusting of snow.

Mar, yes "cold" is the reason that you will never see Pete and Karen on a cruise to Alaska. I warned her before they left that they would have about a week of "cool" weather.

Kathy, you're leaving again! Surprised We loved the Navigator and I hope that you have Captain Bang and that his "right hand wife" is also on board.

Have a wonderful day........................
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 3:02 pm

Kathy, thanks for the update! I'm glad Gerald got to dance with somebody. Chris, yes, he's the one who looks like Sir Charles, although I never thought of it that way before, LOL. I may have to make a solo trip there to visit her, timing it so that at least Captain Rick is there. Don doesn't have enough vacation time. Maybe over the summer...

I'm working on our fall schedule. We booked Radiance for Thanksgiving, but with Oasis moving up her inaugural, and being just cheeky enough to think that we'll get a pre-inaugural invite, we're thinking of changing. Nothing like counting your chickens before they hatch!
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 4:14 pm

critterchick wrote:
Kathy, thanks for the update! I'm glad Gerald got to dance with somebody. Chris, yes, he's the one who looks like Sir Charles, although I never thought of it that way before, LOL. I may have to make a solo trip there to visit her, timing it so that at least Captain Rick is there. Don doesn't have enough vacation time. Maybe over the summer...

I'm working on our fall schedule. We booked Radiance for Thanksgiving, but with Oasis moving up her inaugural, and being just cheeky enough to think that we'll get a pre-inaugural invite, we're thinking of changing. Nothing like counting your chickens before they hatch!

it was me that asked about Gerarg. He is great. he & I got to teasing back & forth--some how, not sure how Rolling Eyes Wink , anyway, he became my fiance & we teased the rest of the sailing about it. I am going to see if I can post a picture---ok how do you post a picture?
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 4:37 pm

Jean I hope you do get a pre-inaugural invite and be sure and let them know my name and number also!! Very Happy I think they lost mine Sad

Danney the LA from Monarch is going to be on the Rhapsody of the Seas when Martha, Chris, and I are on so that will be nice. Always nice to know someone on the ship.
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 7:22 pm

Hi all, been a very busy day. We had our appt. at the travel clinic and got our yellow fever and hep. A shots, wanted to get that done before I left FL.

We spent the afternoon looking at assisted living facilities for Aunt, Ken needs to get her settled so he can spend time in IA.

Patti--the Nav. had Captain Eric Standal, he has served on the Voyager then Explorer and now Nav.

Have a good eve--
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next