Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+13
misseddie
barbeeAL
crzy4cruising
frudutx
nancyk2sea
critterchick
vlscruiser
cruisenfever
jillybabes
Murphy
cruiseforme
GrmyCRS
JJ2sail
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
jillybabes
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 6:52 pm

Anyone have any ideas what I should do: Have been having a problem with this site for awhile now and have emailed Tina who can't figure out what's wrong either...I have to log in each time I come back even if I don't log off...
I get a blip then a white screen...It just is a PITA to have to put in my name and password every time...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 7:38 pm

Hey Jill.maybe Dave "fixed" your puter so you wouldnt spend so much time on it?? Laughing

Jul got on a plane to Miami 2 hours ago.............(got the info from Facebook)........so looks like she's ok.............

Ok, time to pack my winter clothes...................ughhhhhh
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 7:39 pm

Jill, Which internet browser are you using?

Your computer may be set to not store cookies?

If your computer is clearing it's cache out each time you shut down, that would make you have to log back in every time.

If you leave the computer for just a few minutes, but not shut down, do you have to log back in? If that is the case, are you using XP or Vista? Windows may not be storing the password.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 8:48 pm

Jen: Using window XP, Yes, when I leave for a few minutes and then have to sign back in...not sure about the cookie thing, but I think it does store cookies...
Kathy: Dave would never do that to me!!!
Phone just rang, Jul and Dave are in Miami, minus one bag but hopefully they will get it tomorrow if not tonight...
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 9:13 pm

Okay Jill- Try this:

1. Go to Control Panel
2. Click on internet options
3. Click on Security tab in the internet properties window.
4. Click the Custom tab, and Scroll all the way to the bottom, and see if automatic logon is checked. If not click on the automatic logon on within the intranet?
5. Also reset security to medium if it is at high.

See if that works!

Will check in later....
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 9:45 pm

Jen: It was set automatic logon with intranet..Security is set med-high...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:04 pm

jillybabes wrote:

[
I was just kidding.... Smile
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:11 pm

PH8 wrote:
jillybabes wrote:

[
I was just kidding.... Smile

I knew that Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:29 pm

jillybabes wrote:
Jen: It was set automatic logon with intranet..Security is set med-high...

Well shoot! Do you have a firewall installed?
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:31 pm

glad Jul made it to Miami & hopefully the bag will make it as well.,

Jen--are you the thread computer expert? my brother is my expert--he just spits that stuff off--I forget.
for some reason my e-mail notification quit e-mailing me today--well never mind, I just see that it notified me. maybe it was all of y'all's snowy weather Laughing
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:50 pm

Evening all... glad Jul made it... hope the bag is close behind....

Checking out early tonight. I've been battling a back ache all week and today it really kicked in and whipped me out! Heading to bed with a heat pad and some ibuprofen.

Ray worked all day and late this afternoon we got a dusting of snow, but with lots of wind, so they called him back into work all night! He'll be exhausted! I hate when he works day and night! It's a killer. Thankfully he doesn't have to plow any more!

Night all! Jill good luck with your computer! I don't have a clue how to help!
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:53 pm

cheers Glad Jul made it to Miami...hope the others are faring well. Maybe they'll let us know too.

Kathy - Packing winter clothes? That's what will be interesting in 2010 for the Mystery Cruise...warm and cool clothes.

Ginny - I think I'll let you and Martha pick what we do in Alaska. I checked RC tonight, but I'm half brain dead after a horrid day at work. Good excuse to let you two do the work????

Jill - Good luck fixing that problem...I wouldn't know where to start, but happy Jen and Diane have the knowledge to help us.

Haven't checked *the dress* thread today...have to go take a look. Speaking of that....JEN, I rotflmao with your "Her shoes don't match". Good one!

Hope Patti and Susan aren't having MORE weather problems.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 11:01 pm

Jen: Yes I believe I have a firewall installed...
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 11:32 pm

Jill, you may want to try disabling your firewall, and see if it still does it. And maybe set your security settings a bit lower.

Bren, No I am not the expert, I actually have to consult my 19 y/o son, he's the expert! LOL!

Chris, Thanks!

So glad Jul made it okay. How stressful! Has Sheila left yet?

Last edited by JJ2sail on Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 11:40 pm

thanks Jen & Son Smile for your help...I will see if I have a firewall installed and go from there...
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 12:12 am

Thanks Kathy and Jill for finding out about Julie. It is always good to know the prayers are answered. I don't have understanding about the computer so couldn't help. I always have to ask my son.

Chris putting on my work boots. lol!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 12:24 am

Allllrriiighhhhttt after ONE HELLUVA day we are in Miami...........went to dinner (missed the friends we were to meet tho) at bayside...........I pouted (well, was very very quiet) the whole time...........

Prayed all the way back to the hotel for the bag to be there.........it wasn't...........got online and it has been located and will be picked up by courier by 11pm and delivered within 6 hours..

THANK YOU LORD FOR ANSWERING MY PRAYERS TODAY......

I cannot even explain the day with justice...up at 2, to airport by 430...did not leave until 11am.........we boarded at 1030 and then backed up and then they pulled the jetbridge back down and came on and took two people off the plane that were apparently on the wrong flight...........THAT MADE US MISS OUR FLIGHT....we missed our dfw connection to mia by TWO MINUTES...TWO LOUSY MINUTES....

But all in all it's ok...

I've been wracking my brains on how I was going to exist with what clothes I had...We have one pair of shorts for David and one capri for me....and no shirts that match anything...........

I did pack 1/2 his and mine in each bag...BUT apparently I didn't pay attention that we had some dinner and some daytime in each bag....SURE WILL NEXT TIME!!!!!

Anyhow...THANK Y OU POLAR BEARS....I don't know where I'd be without you!!

Will keep in touch if the internet works well!!!

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 12:36 am

Julie, so glad to hear that you are okay and arrived. I have always until the Radiance of the Seas cruise packed some of each kind in my two cases for myself just in case. Just not that time. Smile Crossing toes that the courier will arrive as promised.
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 12:43 am

JUl-that is great news about the bag. I never think to split pack my clothes--I'm just sunk without whatever if I ever lose a bag!!!!

Jen--too funny about asking your 19 year old son--I have great nieces & nephews that are 4 & 5 that can do more on the computer than alot of adults!!!!! they just don't know life without computers. man when I think how different college would have been WITH a computer--wow!!!! BTW, that was a funny comment about the shoes--made me go back & look

Chris--I got an ALaska newsletter e-mailed today. has some discounts in it. I'll e-mail it to you & you can share with Martha & Ginny. not sure if we are going to do any excursions--maybe whale watching. I can tell you that helicopter to a glacier is WORTH every penny.

gotta go work on some rodeo stuff
night all Sleep
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 12:52 am

Bren - Thanks, I'll take a look at it. Don't work too hard Very Happy

Jul - Whew....and I thought I had a lousy day...but you are there, the bag WILL arrive, and you'll have a fabulous time!!!!!

Ginny - You asked about cruise insurance. Just got ours...been procrastinating too long. I used Insuremytrip.com and it's very easy. Just give your information and then do a comparison. Did it all online...was a snap!

You're all right about kids knowing more about computers than we do. I have a great picture of my grandson, Liam. Priceless, and he was only about 3 1/2 when it was taken. Will see if I can post it (probably not lol), so will e-mail it to anyone who would like to see it.

Susan - Hope you feel better tomorrow!!!! Take care
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 9:39 am

Update......GOT the bag!! YAYAYAYYAYA cheers

Giny.........I kept reminding myself that I could live with one pair of capris if Ginny could live 2 weeks with no clothes.....(just harder to find my size anywhere)

BUT...this is defiinitely more encouragement as to WHY I want to lose more weight!!!

Off to get ready....NOW that I can MATCH!! bounce bounce bounce

Have a great time..........and puhleezeee 3 pages in one day?????...YIKES, ur gonna kill me when I get back and I'll have over 50 pages I'm sure to ketchup on!!

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:07 am

Great news Jul! I doubt we can hit 50 pages while you are gone since so many other bears are traveling in the next 2 weeks too, but you never know with this chatty bunch!

My employee found some stuff called biofreeze in the work medicine cabinet before I went home last night and told me it was great stuff. So I made Ray rub in on my tender back ache spots before he went in to work last night. I think it did the trick. At least I'm not in tears this morning like I was yesterday afternoon!

I'm getting excited about my trip next week finally! Lots to do, but it's within sight now!

TGIF all!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:23 am

OK Julie it's 8:15 EST and you're probably up already eyeing the ship in the port. Go ahead have the mimosa Drinks have two we're right there with you. Have a great cruise !

Gonna be 64 here in big-D today and very nice all weekend. I'm on call which means other than a run to the grocery store and a pre-planned trip for a haircut I'll be sticking close to home.

The kids are coming over on Sunday pre-superbowl Tricia and Jake want to talk about the wedding. She and I have been looking at gowns and patterns for gowns all week.

Anyway need to get back to work, toodles.

d
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 11:50 am

Morning All...Rainy, but supposed to clear up for the big game...Going to be cooler too...Right now it is 50 degrees...

Jul: So happy that you got the bag, don't forget to have a Margarita for me...
Enjoy the cruise...

Susan: Glad that the ointment worked foryou and that you are feeling better. Nothing like a backache to ruin your day!!! Will check in Later...
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 1:12 pm

Morning everyone,

So glad to hear that Julie got her missing case.

Susan, glad to hear your back is better today and you found something that worked for the pain. I don't think there is anything worse than having back pain. Have suffered from back problems every since the birth of our son 31 years ago. I have to be so careful and remember to lift with my knees and not by back. Of course, it can go out if I sneeze or if I step the wrong way. Getting old is not fun.

Weather here is quiet today. BUT, there is a BIG storm coming up the east coast and we might get hammered again on Tuesday and Wednesday. It just depends on how far west of the Appalachians it goes.

Going out to lunch with friends.............catch ya later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next