Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+13
misseddie
barbeeAL
crzy4cruising
frudutx
nancyk2sea
critterchick
vlscruiser
cruisenfever
jillybabes
Murphy
cruiseforme
GrmyCRS
JJ2sail
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Murphy
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 1:59 pm

Patti, that's basically all that happened to put my back out! A sneeze! Well, really I think I twisted wrong getting in the car, but I wasn't shoveling snow, or lifting or anything. It was one of those knife stabbing pains between my shoulder blades for a few days and then yesterday, it spread across what seemed like everywhere! Much better today, but I can still feel the original pain spot when I twist wrong.

Last edited by Murphy on Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 2:06 pm

Morning everyone!

Glad to hear from Jul, and that she has her clothes! That was close!

Susan, My chiropractor and massage therapist both use Biofreeze, and I always keep a tube handy. Great stuff!

Patti, Enjoy your outing and weather!
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 5:27 pm

Great News Julie, enjoy your cruise. I cheated and shopped in Seattle. Laughing

Susan, give those employees an extra 30 minute break!
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 7:10 pm

Hi all, been lurking when I can....well sorta...can't read all of it. Did ya miss me??

Glad Jul got her bag...that is a nightmare I prefer not to come true!!!

Starting to get organized for the Pre-Inaug and Inaugural on Mariner...Had a nice chat on the phone with Claude Christopher...he is such a charming gentleman and I feel the urge to look after him with Bev gone. Wanted to make sure he got his "confirmation" from RCI for the Pre-Inaug. Looking forward to sailing with Jean and Don again...which we will also be doing in April.
Hope you all are well...everyone is starting to get the "hack" out here. :cold: Heard it was also spreading on the Mariner 46 dayer with some of the older folks getting pneumonia....am starting my Airborne TODAY!!! Hope everyone is well once they get to the warmer Pacific climates as they come north....It is in the middle 70s here today.

Hugs, mar~
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 9:56 pm

Hello, all! It's going to be another hot and sunny weekend in So Cal. We're going to visit Don's mother in Coronado (San Diego) tomorrow and then stay over in town because I have a free night's stay at Hyatt expiring soon. We'll have dinner at an Italian restaurant that I've never heard of but that has a good looking menu, anyway, then head back in time to crash in front of the Superbowl.

I started this message at 9:30 and got busy, LOL!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:05 pm

Have a nice weekend Jean! Gotta love a free hotel stay!
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 11:07 pm

chatty group today!!!!

glad Jul got her bag

sounds like the weather is improving everywhere. we had a beautiful beautiful day today, but another front coming tomorrow night.

Susan take care of that back. I agree with PAtti--back pain can be so debilitating. glad you found something that helps. never heard of it, may need to find some. my sister's massage therapist uses something called SORE NO More--it is great too.

night all, got more rodeo paperwork to do Razz
brens
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 11:09 pm

Murphy wrote:
Have a nice weekend Jean! Gotta love a free hotel stay!

absolutely!!! we always stay pre or post cruise FREE on my bil's frequent hotel points Laughing
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 11:17 pm

Happy Friday!!

Jean have a great getaway.

Nothing planned for the weekend here...maybe just getting around to some things that NEED to be done.

No word yet from our other cruisers? Hoping they all made it safely to their destinations.

Been watching the news about the horrible bus crash on the hwy from Vegas to Phoenix. Seven died so far. Very sad...they are bringing most of them to UMC here.
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 11:30 pm

Chris, what other type of excursions are you interested in. You mentioned that you have done the duck tour so don't want you'll to have to repeat that.
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 11:31 pm

Jean have a wonderful time in San Diego. Will not be watching the Super Bowl here.
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 11:56 pm

Ginny - I want to see WILDLIFE!!! What do you have in mind....we're open to most anything. Of course I'm not into little planes, helicopters, etc, but Martha is. So guess we just have to keep looking...HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT IDEA lol. We had soooooooooooooo much fun on the dog sledding in Juneau with Jean2 and Martha thinks there's one at one of the other ports. Not sure if she's checked it out. So any input you have will be great, and if nothing jumps out at any of us, the duck tour would be fine....it was fun.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 12:06 am

Jean, Have a good time...Did Rick make it for dinner???

We did the duck tour in Alaska and it was okay, but not something I would do again...I agree with you Chris, wildlife it what I would want to see next time...

Everyone have a good night...The wind has picked up here and it is supposed to be 39 in the AM! Sleep
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 12:15 am

Sweet Dreams Jill!!!
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 4:25 am

jillybabes wrote:
Jean, Have a good time...Did Rick make it for dinner???

We did the duck tour in Alaska and it was okay, but not something I would do again...I agree with you Chris, wildlife it what I would want to see next time...

Everyone have a good night...The wind has picked up here and it is supposed to be 39 in the AM! Sleep

Rick made it and we had a nice, but too brief, evening. Dinner and lots of wine, woo hoo! His driver was supposed to arrive between 9:30 and 9:45 but was waiting in the driveway when we got back. So I'm sure he paid a waiting fee, but doesn't know it yet, LOL.
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 9:38 am

Good morning all--not yet caught up on all of the pages while we were gone. You were all very busy.

We had a great visit with Sheila and Bob.

Wishing Bon Voyage to all the cruisers this weekend.

More later--
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 10:02 am

Good morning Nancy! How nice that you were able to see Sheila and Bob! I guess that means they made it to Florida!

Ginny/Chris/Martha, what are your Alaska ports? I know Chris isn't fond of flying, but the SalmonBake/Airplane trip we took with Jean and Don in Juneau was the best excursion I've ever done! The black bears were awesome!

Lot of running to do again today... mani/pedi/tanning this morning and shopping this afternoon.
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 10:13 am

morning all

Welcome back Nancy. I hope your SIL is doing better.

Susan--was that the flight to TAKU or something like that--a resort that was built in the 20's or 30's? I read about that & thought that sounded great--inlcuded salmon bake. I really want to go on a dog sled ride, but I have heard it is really bumpy on land, instead of on a glacier (which is what we planned to do last Aug, but the weather did not cooperate) loved the heli to the glacier, but not sure I want to fork out that much again ot try to dog sled on a glacier.

off to do more set up for the rodeo.

have a great day all
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 10:20 am

crzy4cruising wrote:

Susan--was that the flight to TAKU or something like that--a resort that was built in the 20's or 30's? I read about that & thought that sounded great--inlcuded salmon bake.

Yes, that's the one! I couldn't remember the name, but was going to look it up! Seriously if you ever have the chance to do it DO NOT pass it up! Jean and I gave up our FREE Diamond Member excursion to do it and we are SOOO glad we did!
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 10:26 am

thanks Susan. did you book through the ship or private?
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 10:29 am

We booked it thru the ship. It was the same price as I remember and I think they locked us out of being able to book direct, but I might have that mixed up with one of the train trips....
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 10:38 am

Juls, so glad you got there & your bag made it with you. Have a great time, give Dave a hug for me.

Susan nurse your back, pulled muscles are terrible and can make you feel so bad, glad the biofreeze helped.

Sounds like nice weather for most this weeked, we are of to Atlanta today to shop and frolic, has been a awful busy and challending week. Our hospital and the one we bought have merged offically now, meaning we are one provider number, so JCAHO is returning...can I just say hurrah...(those healthcare auditors) So it is gonna be hectic till the get finished

The mainframe storage hardware went down at 8:24 yesterday and was not back up until 6:29 last night, what a nightmare recovery will be for all. I have great folks coming in today to get it done. So much for fail safe.

Mar, how is Karen & Pete?

Any special Superbowl parties?Cheers We saw "Taken" last night...was a fabulous movie....LOVE Liam Neilson....Nice Parisl ocation as well.

So yall have a great weekend and don't drink too much this evening Drinks
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 10:54 am

Good Morning All:

Susan: Have a great day relaxing in the AM and shopping this afternoon...

Barb: Good to hear from you, we have a party we could go to at the condo, but have opted to stay home and watch the big screen... Liam was on the View and the movie looked good, of course it is not showing here yet!!!

Nancy: What's the latest on SIL and how is your DD doing???

Currently 45 degrees, but the sun is shining...Don't have to cook tonight, we have a birthday dinner party for a friend that we are going to...Will check back L8R
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 11:41 am

GrmyCRS wrote:
Ginny - I want to see WILDLIFE!!! What do you have in mind....we're open to most anything. Of course I'm not into little planes, helicopters, etc, but Martha is. So guess we just have to keep looking...HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT IDEA lol. We had soooooooooooooo much fun on the dog sledding in Juneau with Jean2 and Martha thinks there's one at one of the other ports. Not sure if she's checked it out. So any input you have will be great, and if nothing jumps out at any of us, the duck tour would be fine....it was fun.

The wildlife kayak in Skagway is fabulous for that Chris. That is where we saw all the bald eagles. I have great pixs. Sometimes they see bears, we did not. But did se a seal, salmon galore
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 11:45 am

Also started the campaign with my mom today for the Mystery cruise. Yall are gonna have to send strong prayers. She is so "excuse filled" I have to much medicine to take, i cannot walk as fast, yamma yamma yamma....I told her no excuses. Start thinking Christmas cruise vacation 2010 & planning as we are all going. So bears say a prayer for cooperation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 8 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next