Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+13
misseddie
barbeeAL
crzy4cruising
frudutx
nancyk2sea
critterchick
vlscruiser
cruisenfever
jillybabes
Murphy
cruiseforme
GrmyCRS
JJ2sail
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 11:45 am

Morning all! Off to get clipped and ripped shortly.

Then the grocery store I'll need a truck to bring stuff home since I did not do much if any shopping in the weeks prior to the cruise. affraid

Safe travels to all on their way out of town.

Weather here is going to be wonderful today in the mid 70's.

d
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 11:47 am

barbeeAL wrote:
Also started the campaign with my mom today for the Mystery cruise. Yall are gonna have to send strong prayers. She is so "excuse filled" I have to much medicine to take, i cannot walk as fast, yamma yamma yamma....I told her no excuses. Start thinking Christmas cruise vacation 2010 & planning as we are all going. So bears say a prayer for cooperation.

Yes Barb I'd love for my kids to come too, maybe we'll all do the Christmas cruise rather than Oasis I'll have to suggest that!

d
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 11:49 am

frudutx wrote:
barbeeAL wrote:
Also started the campaign with my mom today for the Mystery cruise. Yall are gonna have to send strong prayers. She is so "excuse filled" I have to much medicine to take, i cannot walk as fast, yamma yamma yamma....I told her no excuses. Start thinking Christmas cruise vacation 2010 & planning as we are all going. So bears say a prayer for cooperation.

Yes Barb I'd love for my kids to come too, maybe we'll all do the Christmas cruise rather than Oasis I'll have to suggest that!

d

We could petition for a dining level for Polar Bears & family....
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 12:05 pm

Morning everyone....

Susan, sounds like you are feeling better, enjoy your mani/pedi. I may try to fit in a pedicure today too.

Up early today, as my youngest son had to leave at 6:00 am for a 50 mile bike ride with the scouts.

Welcome home Nancy!

Have a good weekend everyone!
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 12:30 pm

Good Morning,

Welcome back, Nancy! Glad you got to meet up with Sheila & Bob. Hope there's good news on your SIL.

Barb & Diane - Keep working on the family.

Thanks for all the recommendations for Alaska. I'm letting Ginny and Martha decide Wink .

Barb - A kayak???? affraid
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 1:53 pm

Back from stocking up on groceries, there was not much in the house.

Update on our SIL, he is recovering from the pulmonary embolis and back home. While being treated, they found lung cancer. He is 40 and a non-smoker.

I am flying back to help support the family, really think this is too much for our daughter. Ken will stay here until he can get Aunt settled, she is still in rehab and not sure the next plans for her. Hopefully he will join me soon.

Again, thanks for the thoughts and prayers, we will continue to need them.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 1:57 pm

Morning everyone,

Weather here is sunny but cold. Supposed to slowly go up to 40 degrees by tomorrow. cheers

Welcome home Nancy and Ken. Glad you got to meet up with Sheila and Bob. At least we know they made it! Continued thoughts and prayers going out to your SIL........he has really been through a lot for such a young man.

Chris, just bite the bullet and do something adventurous on your Alaska cruise. Razz

Well, got some cleaning to do today.................catch ya all later.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 2:35 pm

nancyk2sea wrote:
Back from stocking up on groceries, there was not much in the house.

Update on our SIL, he is recovering from the pulmonary embolis and back home. While being treated, they found lung cancer. He is 40 and a non-smoker.

I am flying back to help support the family, really think this is too much for our daughter. Ken will stay here until he can get Aunt settled, she is still in rehab and not sure the next plans for her. Hopefully he will join me soon.

Again, thanks for the thoughts and prayers, we will continue to need them.

Nancy: What sad news, continued thoughts and prayers for your family...
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 3:06 pm

Nancy so sorry to hear about your SIL.

I was going to B---- about showing up at the hairdresser only to find that my hairdresser had moved and did not let me know. Guess my perceived problems are minor Embarassed .

d
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 3:25 pm

Nancy, So sorry for the sad news, sending you a hug and prayers.
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 3:28 pm

Nancy,praying for your SIL, I know that this time is so very difficult for your family.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 3:36 pm

Nancy, my thoughts are with you and your family. My Mom had an embolism, but she was over 65. Such a young man and now more health problems to deal with on top of it. (((Hugs))))

Diane, that happened to me once! My old stylist recommended someone to take her place and when I showed up, the place was locked up tight as a drum! Called the stylist who referred her to find out they had moved across the street!

The new OPI South Beach collection is out. I tried a purply color called Miami Beet! I've never gone purple in my life so this was a big deal! The tech painted a white hibiscus branch of flowers on both big toes... I have BIG big toes! LOL I love them! The hibiscus... not my big toes!
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 4:20 pm

Susan, you need to post photo of big toes with white hibiscus painted on. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 5:33 pm

Just a quickie.....
Patti and Barb....Karen and Pete have just come through the Straits of Megellan and around the Horn....Patti, Karen said to tell you that Pete says it is COLD :coldout: !

Nancy....hope things improve for your SIL! We will send some prayers for him!

No Super Bowl plans altho we were invited....not interested...going to Outback for dinner with our friends and having a "going to Alaska on the Serenade" briefing over dessert here. This is their 3rd cruise and 2nd time on RCI.

Mar~
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 6:14 pm

Exairgoddess1 wrote:
Just a quickie.....
Patti and Barb....Karen and Pete have just come through the Straits of Megellan and around the Horn....Patti, Karen said to tell you that Pete says it is COLD :coldout: !

Nancy....hope things improve for your SIL! We will send some prayers for him!

No Super Bowl plans altho we were invited....not interested...going to Outback for dinner with our friends and having a "going to Alaska on the Serenade" briefing over dessert here. This is their 3rd cruise and 2nd time on RCI.

Mar~
roflmao WooHoo roflmao WooHoo roflmao

If you talk to Karen tell her I said she's married to a real woose!!!!!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 8:14 pm

Murphy wrote:
Diane, that happened to me once! My old stylist recommended someone to take her place and when I showed up, the place was locked up tight as a drum! Called the stylist who referred her to find out they had moved across the street!

Well, in this case it was just one operator in the shop. The shop's owner is the one who finally did cut my hair. She's about my age and did a really good job. The one who took my old stylists place is very young, can't be out of school more than a year or two and she was booked solid.

It all worked out for the best.

d
Back to top Go down
misseddie
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
misseddie

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 9:04 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Susan, glad to hear your back is better today. Getting old is not fun.
You are NOT old!
ThumpsUp Just a little more experianced than you once were. ThumpsUp
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 10:07 pm

prayers for your SIL Nancy. that's got to be tough for all of you
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 10:19 pm

misseddie wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:
Susan, glad to hear your back is better today. Getting old is not fun.
You are NOT old!
ThumpsUp Just a little more experianced than you once were. ThumpsUp

Thank you Charlie, but I feel old this week!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 10:22 pm

We attempted to eat at the new Olive Garden tonight. I just opened up a few weeks ago. They've only been open for dinner while they get used to things and have been opening at 4:00pm. We got there a little before 5:00... thought that was the only way to get in at there was already a 2+ hour wait! Needless to say I didn't need soup, salad and breadsticks that badly!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 11:02 pm

Hi Everybody, we are here in Ft Myers and getting ready to leave for the port in the Am. We had a great visit with Nancy and Ken. We are sad about their Sil but we are praying for a miracle for him. It was 45 this am and didn't get above 55 but it's all good because we didn't have to slide across ice and is isn't 25. We hear that it's not going to be really hot anywhere on our itinerary but that's fine too. Will check in if we can. BTW we are trying to tell our friend Sandy she should check in here. You'd all love her.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 11:22 pm

Thanks for checking in Sheila! Have a great trip! I'll have to call my Dad in the morning... sounds kind of chilly!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 11:26 pm

Have fun Sheila & Bob!

d
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 11:43 pm

Have a wonderful time!!!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 11:44 pm

Have a great cruise Sheila and Bob. The east coast is supposed to get a "bomb" of a storm starting on Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 9 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next