Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+14
barbeeAL
TwitchOR
Murphy
vlscruiser
Exairgoddess1
critterchick
cruisenfever
frudutx
GrmyCRS
nancyk2sea
misseddie
jillybabes
JJ2sail
cruiseforme
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 11:10 am

Morning all........

Glad you made it ok,Jul..sounds like everything is ok....thats super..........

Sounds like twins to me.............Patti-is that what you meant?? Anyway,hope shes doing ok today..............

So Jen-does Jim suffer from sleep apnea?? Hope you get the results..............bet its hard sleeping hooked up like that,..

We had frost on the ground this am......making chili for dinner(and cornbread).....invited the inlaws over..........they havent been here since Thanksgiving...........

Later all.........
Back to top Go down
jillybabes
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 11:11 am

Patti: I assume you mean Twins!!! Cool
What an evening for you...

Jen: Hope Jim's test goes okay...My neighbor has the machine that she sleeps with on a nightly basis and says she has not seen a difference, she still gets up a couple of times per night and only sleeps for a few hours at a time...

Sis: Glad you arrived safe and sound, continued good weather and travels for you...

Susan: Fingers, toes and eyes are crossed HappyHappyJoyJoy !

Kathy: You and I are on at same time!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 11:12 am

Murphy wrote:
PH8 wrote:
Hi all and welcome to the newest resident experts.........which threads will you be an expert in??

I will be the expert on the Cunard fashion thread! NOT! bounce bounce bounce
Only if I can help.. FormalNight

Jill-we Floridians think alike...............g'morning to ya!
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 11:47 am

PH8 wrote:

Jill-we Floridians think alike...............g'morning to ya!

Scary, isn't it!!!
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 11:47 am

Jen: I have a question for a photo expert...How do I make my photo a bit larger???
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 11:58 am

Morning everyone..............it's a brisk 10 degrees right now!!

I'm sorry if I confused you about the heartbeats. Rachel has yet to have her offical visit with her OB/GYN.........that is to happen on January 26. Then we should have a better idea of when her due date is.

She has not had any sort of ultra sound up until yesterday's kidney stone episode. So they did one, took pictures also and what I guess I should have said is that they hear another heartbeat besides Rachel's. Right now we see one little spot on the picture. So No Twins.

Jean, as I told Kathy, I do not consider myself an expert in any area of cruising. Only 23 cruises on RCI in no way makes me an expert. However, having sailed on Radiance 9 times with our 10th cruise coming up in April............... I guess I could call myself an expert where Radiance is concerned.

If I can provide information to anyone or correct misinformation in any area that I am familiar with I will be more than happy to do so.

Well, have a wonderful day.................................
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 12:41 pm

Good Morning All, I took meds and slept a bit better last night. Plan on doing nothing today except push fluids and rest. I have no voice. (Bob's fine with that) Hoping this just runs it's course and doesn't decend into problems.

Patti as I read I was getting excited for you but now I understand what you meant. Hope you DIL has a better day today. Jim sounds like Bob. Anytime the kids have stuff happen and need help with fixing they call dear old dad. DS in Ill always has a list of stuff for dad to help him with when we visit. Laughing

Susan lots of good vibes coming your way today.

it's about 20 here. Pre-Elect Obama will stop in Wilmington on Sat on his way to DC to pick up Joe Biden and make a speech. It's only a 20 min drive for us and I'd love to go if I feel better but it's going to be bone chilling cold so we''ll see.

Have a great day everyone.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 1:11 pm

PH8 wrote:
Morning all........

So Jen-does Jim suffer from sleep apnea?? Hope you get the results..............bet its hard sleeping hooked up like that,..

Later all.........

We don't think he has it, but California has a new law that any commercial truck driver has to have a sleep apnea test, if they are over a certain BMI, which Jim was. And although he is not a truck driver by trade, he has that license, because he drives and trains new employees on all the big trucks and heavy equipment for his company.

Jill, what picture are you trying to make bigger?
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 1:43 pm

Good morning, Experts!

Patti, if 23 cruises doesn't make you an expert, what does??? I'm glad everything turned out ok in your crazy day yesterday!

Jen, I hope Jim's tests are all normal. I spend a lot of time whacking Don so I can get some sleep. When I remember to, I take a melatonin pill, which really seems to help.

Sheila, get better quickly! I think it would be awesome to bundle up and hear Obama speak.

It's yet another hot day today. I know that makes you jealous, but we really do need some rain here. They're talking about water rationing in LA county soon. Honestly, I'd be happy to let my lawn die. The dogs have done their part in the back, so it's patchy and the crabgrass has just about taken over, anyway.

I'm thinking of planting a vegetable garden in the back yard and letting the rest stay dirt with a small bit of lawn for the dogs to kill periodically. I have a Better Homes & Gardens landscaping CD, but that's as far as I've gotten, LOL.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 1:48 pm

Good Grief! Everyone's an expert! All of you experts are only going to have a few of us to advise!

roflmao

JustKidding Congrats Jean!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 2:08 pm

JJ2sail wrote:
Good Grief! Everyone's an expert! All of you experts are only going to have a few of us to advise!

roflmao

JustKidding Congrats Jean!
Jen, who better to give advice on scrape booking cruises than you. So you would be an "expert".
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 2:11 pm

Jen, I want to make the avatar pic a bit bigger sunny , can ya help...

Jean: Welcome to the newest Resident Expert
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 2:15 pm

critterchick wrote:
Good morning, Experts!

Patti, if 23 cruises doesn't make you an expert, what does??? I'm glad everything turned out ok in your crazy day yesterday!

Welcome "Expert". You're more of an expert than I am.................don't you own part of Monarch?? roflmao
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 3:09 pm

Good Morning Ladies,

I also applied to be a residency expert but wanted to wait until I heard from Tina to say anything.

Sheila I also hope you feel better quickly and are able to make the Obama meeting. There is something that is so special to be there in person when a President is speaking.

Patti, having had many kidney stones myself I can relate to the pain you DIL was having, top that with pregnancy and it is very scary. I hope she is feel better soon.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 3:13 pm

jillybabes wrote:
Jen: I have a question for a photo expert...How do I make my photo a bit larger???

Jill, I think the website actually automatically sizes it for the avatars. But if you change the orientation of the picture, from horizontal to vertical, then save it as a new jpeg and post it in your signature, I believe it will appear bigger. It's worth a try anyway.
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 3:17 pm

Jean I had heard on the radio about the water ration that will probable take place this Spring and of course Lancaster has a green lawn enforcement rule. Have been mulling for a few months of taking out my lawn in front and putting in rock and desert scape. I do have some purple plum trees and crepe myrtles, and lilies of the nile that I would keep. Also have heard advertisements for fake grass that can take the dog do his business on it. scratch Need to keep mulling it over a while longer. Smile
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 3:17 pm

vlscruiser wrote:
Good Morning Ladies,

I also applied to be a residency expert but wanted to wait until I heard from Tina to say anything.

OH NO! NOT ANOTHER ONE!

Again, Just kidding! Congrats! cheers lol!

Not only are your screen names blue, I think only the Charter Member experts are Blue, not all of the experts. So you guys are extra special! Cheers
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 3:44 pm

Bob and I have done 51 cruises...on other lines as well....but I don't claim to be an expert in anything! Ha!

Ginny your base on Mariner should now be710i nstead of 740 for an E2 to a D2 at the Sr. rate.

Mar~
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 3:47 pm

JJ2sail wrote:
jillybabes wrote:

Jill, I think the website actually automatically sizes it for the avatars. But if you change the orientation of the picture, from horizontal to vertical, then save it as a new jpeg and post it in your signature, I believe it will appear bigger. It's worth a try anyway.

Thanks for you help, I will give it a shot, or maybe leave well enough alone!!!
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 3:52 pm

Ginny: Congrats on the new status...

Jen: Waiting for you to also become an expert...

Mar: At this time, I think anyone that applies can become an expert, & you my dear are an expert in "Classiness" Wink !
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 4:00 pm

Thanks Mar, I was speaking to TA this AM regarding the price difference associated with moving from the E2 to D2 and that there was a major miscalculation on RC part. I am please to say it has been taken care of and I am one happy cruiser. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 4:06 pm

Thank you Jill, I hope that if I am able I can help. Smile
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 4:15 pm

Okay, when are y'all going on the Mariner Question
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 4:31 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
critterchick wrote:
Good morning, Experts!

Welcome "Expert". You're more of an expert than I am.................don't you own part of Monarch?? roflmao
ONLY for now.hehehehe... Razz J/K Jean-I could NEVER take your place.........

JJ2sail wrote:

We don't think he has it, but California has a new law that any commercial truck driver has to have a sleep apnea test, if they are over a certain BMI, which Jim was. And although he is not a truck driver by trade, he has that license, because he drives and trains new employees on all the big trucks and heavy equipment for his company.
well, that is very interesting....wonder if FL will come up with that too??.........I guess Im not sure exactly what your husband does and who he works for????

waiting on someone to come by.....Im selling stuff on Craiglist........they want to buy a futon we have.........Im trying to "downsize" and get rid of stuff.........

then the inlaws are coming by for chili dinner................so probably wont be back till later or tomorrow........
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 4:38 pm

Kathy, he works for the Municipal Water District. He has to teach the new employees and those wanting to advance, how to operate the heavy equipment (loaders, backhoes, cranes etc...) and also teaches them how to drive the dump trucks and the big trucks that haul the big equipment around, and also does safety training.

Last edited by JJ2sail on Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next