Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+14
barbeeAL
TwitchOR
Murphy
vlscruiser
Exairgoddess1
critterchick
cruisenfever
frudutx
GrmyCRS
nancyk2sea
misseddie
jillybabes
JJ2sail
cruiseforme
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Murphy
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 2:55 pm

Oy! Thank goodness I keep every receipt regarding house repairs! The boiler and pump that they replaced last winter is 4 days past the 1 year warranty!!!! The kid said they would still cover it, but I needed to prove that the pump that was broken was the one they just replaced. So I pull out the receipt only to find out that the previous repair man never put the model/serial number on the invoice. Sooo, I tell him they replaced the other one about a year before that. He says find that receipt and maybe it will have the serial number and we can compare. Well, I'm pretty good with receipts for the previous year in case I need them for taxes, but after that everything is pretty much thrown in another drawer. BUT I found it!!!!! And the broken one IS the new one, thank goodness! We'll see what they come up with for a price since it is 4 days past warranty!!!!

Then of course I get home and they beat me here and their service truck is stuck in the driveway! He can't pull forward or back, so I can't get in the driveway either! LOL It's going to be a long afternoon!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Murphy on Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 2:58 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Here's the site where Tina is asking about seating arrangements at Tavern on the Green...............

[url=https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com/holiday-cruise-on-explorer-of-the-seas-f175/2010-holiday-cruise-tavern-on-the-green-question-tables-t2481.htm#37428
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com/holiday-cruise-on-explorer-of-the-seas-f175/2010-holiday-cruise-tavern-on-the-green-question-tables-t2481.htm#37428[/quote[/url]]

What do you guys think? I figure I can find my table mate, but whatever!!!! I think we are all going to fight over who sits with Patti! geek
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 3:02 pm

I figure with 14 days onboard there is PLENTY of time to have lunches together or whatever!!! I'm EASY...shhhhhh don't spread that tho!!! bounce
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 6:04 pm

[quote="Murphy"]
cruisenfever wrote:
Here's the site where Tina is asking about seating arrangements at Tavern on the Green...............

https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com/holiday-cruise-on-explorer-of-the-seas-f175/2010-holiday-cruise-tavern-on-the-green-question-tables-t2481.htm#37428[/quote]

What do you guys think? I figure I can find my table mate, but whatever!!!! I think we are all going to fight over who sits with Patti! geek
Huh????????? Embarassed Shocked Question clown
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 6:13 pm

Everyone loves you Patti and wants to sit near you.. I love you You're so special...

Got to thinking.......we dont have boilers here ,at least I dont think.........and I wonder why??Its for heat or hot water???? I think i remember a boiler in my house growing up......Figures yours broke down just 4 days past warranty,Susan.....isnt that always the way??

Welcome home Jill.........catch up on that laundry yet??

Nancy--any word on your SIL?? Hope hes ok......

I sat outside and finally finished a book I have been reading forever..........kept bringing it on cruises with me,but never got to it............
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 6:19 pm

Kathy, hot water heat is quite old fashioned, but was popular when my house was built! The nice thing is the water is heated and runs thru the house and the hot water radiators keep emitting heat long after the boiler kicks off, so it is pretty efficient.

Well, they covered it under warranty sort of! I didn't have to pay for the replacement part which ended up being a broken spring inside, but had to pay for labor... I think Ray needs to become a heating plumber! Sheesh!

Patti, you are our hero! After all, we wouldn't be here on CF if it weren't for you! Didn't mean anything bad by my comment, I just kind of think of you as the ring leader... queen

Oh, and welcome back Jill... missed that earlier!
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 8:01 pm

I voted for letting us pick our own seats when we get there. I'm a bit of an anarchist, after all.

It's a glorious sunny day here, about 80 degrees by the coast, so much warmer inland. The Santa Ana winds are blowing!

I had to take my sneezing cat to the vet yesterday. Hallelujah, they finally make a shot with a 10-12 day effectiveness, so no pilling required! Snowball is the classic "how to pill a cat" cat, so medicating her is always a painful experience. This time it was just the vet getting clawed, not me.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 8:03 pm

critterchick wrote:
It's a glorious sunny day here, about 80 degrees by the coast, so much warmer inland. The Santa Ana winds are blowing!
Jean, don't take this wrong, but I think I hate you! Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 8:08 pm

Still no snow here. Might have dodged the bullet. Laughing My cleaning project turned into an all day affair and one thing just kept leading to another but I'm done now and pleased with the results. I pulled out a container of Taco Soup from the freezer this Am so I have dinner ready to go. Yum thanks Jul.

Voted for assigned tables, It's so much easier and I'm up for mixing in with the other Zoo animals not that I don't love all of you but heck, there's so many of us we'll probably end up having some of us at the same table anyway.

When it comes to the cruise well that's different. I'm hoping for a PB table along side a bunch of other PB tables. Hope we can get that done. There are so many D+'s I'm sure we can arrange something.

Susan, Don't you just love it. Something breaks right after the Warranty runs out. Makes you wonder if they fix it that way. Hope you're warm and not too broke.

Nancy sending prayers for your SIL and daughter.

Off to heat the soup.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 8:12 pm

Oh Jean........how could say such awful things like that to our cold weather friends Razz .....( did I mention I laid out by the pool today.feel asleep cuz the sun was beating down on my face--woke up cuz of the stupid ice cream man truck and the dumb music it plays).......

So I guess you have a boiler to make the radiators work?? Yup, we had them growing up...We just have a hot water heater now.............

BTW all-This Saturday night, Jan. 10th, another perigee Moon is coming. It's the biggest full Moon of 2009, almost identical to the one that impressed onlookers in Dec. 2008.
http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2009/08jan_bigmoon2009.htm?list1287709

I voted for assigned tables cuz I can picture people getting there early trying to save seats!!!
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 8:21 pm

Jill--glad to see that you are back home, waiting for details about your cruise.

Thanks for the wishes for SIL, still in the hospital but DD got a friend to help her with the snow.

Later--
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 8:32 pm

Yep, all is toasty warm in the house and no rumbling noise!

Maybe we should assign tables by the person's height... or weight! pale
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 8:38 pm

PH8 wrote:

BTW all-This Saturday night, Jan. 10th, another perigee Moon is coming. It's the biggest full Moon of 2009, almost identical to the one that impressed onlookers in Dec. 2008.
[url=http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2009/08jan_bigmoon2009.htm?list1287709
http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2009/08jan_bigmoon2009.htm?list1287709[/quote[/url]]

Isn't that when all the real loonies come out? Glad I'm staying home tonight!
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 8:40 pm

Kathy--just went out to look at the moon, it looks HUGE. Just so pretty. Guess it would only be better standing on deck at sea.
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 8:41 pm

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Bonvoyage2 Bon Voyage Diane!! Yes, we do know Carrie and Bo and since they got the Royal Suite...she said they might have a PJ party...Ha! Have a great time!

What is this voting for "assigned tables"? Where are y'all doing that?

Mar~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 8:43 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 8:44 pm

nancyk2sea wrote:
Kathy--just went out to look at the moon, it looks HUGE. Just so pretty. Guess it would only be better standing on deck at sea.
I imagine how nice that would be!!!!
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 8:54 pm

Hi everyone!

Our internet went down yesterday, and they just got done fixing it, so I am back up and running! I guess I missed some stuff...

Belated Bon Voyage to Diane,
and
Welcome home Jill!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 9:18 pm

Evening all..............well, the snow has finally stopped for the moment. We had a total of 9 inches and in some areas in our back yard 12+ inches. Had to start my car twice today and clean it off twice. This snow isn't going away any time soon as the temps are going into single digits next week.

Welcome home Jill, glad to hear you had a great birthday cruise.

Jean, when it gets that warm in your neighborhood..............please keep it to yourself. Laughing

Susan, I knew you were just being funny. Very Happy

OK........here's a trivia question for you all. How did our cruise to Alaska get it's name the Polar Bear Express? We all know why we are here................yes it's all my fault!! But had I not gotten myself in trouble there would be no Special Polar Bears and we wouldn't be all planning on the Mystery Cruise with the Zoo Crew. See, being bad does have it's benefits. cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 9:29 pm

Hmmmmmmmm.I have no idea how you all got your name,but would like to know....

My daughter,Lauren just called......she was leaving work(at Busch Gardens) and told me as of Jan 25th,no more FREE BEER(for guests and the employees)there or SeaWorld...................Guess there is no sense going there anymore.....hahah
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 9:44 pm

Thanks for all the welcome homes...
First: The moon was beautiful last night over the water, but tonight it is just a bit bigger and brighter...We had a great time, this was one of the smoothest rides ever (Capt. Rob knows how to handle this ship)...
Being a new D+ member, not sure if this was a cut back or not scratch , but there is no delivery on Formal night of choc. covered strawberries or cheese plate (was told no longer done on any cruise less than 7 days...)
The singers and dancers were some of the best we have ever seen as was the entertainment, and this was our 5th time on Grandeur!
Dan Whitney the CD is a hoot and very entertaining and personable...
We did get a birthday cake N/C (a d+ perk) which I did not know about...
The drink of the day on my birthday was margaritas, how fitting drunken !!!
Dave bought me a beautiful ring from Effy Jewelers Divirsa Collection, it is diamonds that flips over to sapphires, hey you're only 60 once geek!

I have to catch up on the Holiday Cruise thread so I will check in Later, Jill
BTW: No 7's in our past we met Memorial Day Weekend 1991 and married February 26, 1994...
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 9:50 pm

Patti: Didn't Diane Pope who did the itinerary tags for us think up the name...
We came in very late, I believe we didn't sign on for the cruise til july of 2007...

Kathy: Just another sign of the times...Think we will be seeing more and more cutting back everywhere...
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 9:55 pm

cruisenfever wrote:

OK........here's a trivia question for you all. How did our cruise to Alaska get it's name the Polar Bear Express? cheers

Well, I know a bunch of you were Happy Coconuts, and I just did a search from the old thread and it looks like YOU named it PBE, but no, I don't know why or how.... PLEASE TELL US THE STORY AUNTIE PATTI! study
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 9:57 pm

[quote="jillybabes"]Patti: Didn't Diane Pope who did the itinerary tags for us think up the name...
We came in very late, I believe we didn't sign on for the cruise til july of 2007.[/quote]

Dianne started the thread, but I think Patti named it! Please tell us the story!!! study

Last edited by Murphy on Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 9:59 pm

jillybabes wrote:

Being a new D+ member, not sure if this was a cut back or not scratch , but there is no delivery on Formal night of choc. covered strawberries or cheese plate (was told no longer done on any cruise less than 7 days...)

Well that stinks! I could see it maybe on a ship with a CL, but on the Grandeur, your 2 little treats were just about the only D/D+ perk!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next