Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+10
cruisenfever
GrmyCRS
critterchick
frudutx
jillybabes
misseddie
Exairgoddess1
JJ2sail
cruiseforme
Murphy
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
critterchick
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 845
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 2:31 pm

Morning, all! I found that the canned artichokes were fine - they kind of disappeared into the stew. I also didn't put the pasta, just cooked it separately and piled the mix on top of it. I'm having some for lunch today, mmmm.

I'm waiting for bookings to open up for the 11/9/09 Radiance 9-nighter out of San Diego. Don would only have to take 5 vacation days instead of the 8 he'd need for us to do a B2B for 10 nights. Plus it goes into southern Mexico, so we'd have some interesting ports instead of Cabo and Ensenada twice. Sleep
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 3:39 pm

Sounds like a nice celebration and one can never go wrong sailing on the Radiance! Would like to cruise on her again but none of the dates work for Alex to go. Okay so when has that stopped me right? Laughing
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 5:07 pm

Sheila, glad you got your wish last night! HolySheep I was worried Cloris would never leave!

Jean and Ginny, What is this about Radiance dong the MR???????????
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 7:03 pm

Check out RC site they are doing some longer MR cruises. They were just recently posted is my understanding.

Picked up Alex from school during lunch period we got the passport photos taken at Auto Club no line, so it was quick. Swung by Kaiser which is just a few block away and got his flu shot, no line! Got him Mc Donald's for lunch and parked in front of the school while he finished eating it. He said lets go to post office now so drove a few blocks there and no line! It is all taken care of. Now just have to wait for State Dept. to complete it and send back paperwork. I only sent the copies I picked up this week and not the Original's I had from the hearing. So if it doesn't get back I will still be okay.

Thanks for your help ladies about the passport. Smile
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 7:06 pm

JJ2sail wrote:
Sheila, glad you got your wish last night! HolySheep I was worried Cloris would never leave!

I'm glad Cloris is gone, too.

Check out any month from November to April for Radiance - she's doing a series of Mexican Riviera cruises for the winter and, according to reports on CC anyway, is going to be a floating hotel in Vancouver for the Winter Olympics. Also the Jewel is going to be up there, too. Right now we have our eyes on the November 9, 2009 9-nighter, but it's not open for booking yet. It would only require Don to take 5 or 6 vacation days, as opposed to most of the others, which would require 7-8 of them.

Although I love the coastal route, we're talking January - brrrrr! Maybe the trip back to California in the spring...
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 7:11 pm

Wow Ginny, you are Super Grandmom! Glad you got it all done in such a breeze!

I guess I better log on to RCCL and check out the new itineraries. Still need a scrapbooking cruise sometime. But it's not looking good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 7:11 pm

Jill is over here too right?

I missed a post from her earlier on CC. So I figured I would post this here too just in case some of you didn't see it regarding fuel supplement refunds and bookings made after 11/10 for 2010.

Fuel Supplement Information
October 24, 2008, Update

Our fuel supplement will no longer apply to new Royal Caribbean International bookings made on or after November 10, 2008, anywhere in the world, for sailings that depart on or after January 1, 2010.

This decision takes into consideration the recent reductions in global fuel prices. We have also established specific guidelines that will determine whether fuel supplement refunds will be provided for sailings that begin in 2009 and later, which were booked prior to November 10, 2008, if fuel prices remain below a specific price threshold.

For 2009 sailings and 2010 sailings booked before November 10, 2008, we will determine on a quarterly basis whether fuel supplements will be refunded. Refunds, in the form of an onboard credit, will be provided if the closing price of West Texas Intermediate fuel is $65 or less, at the closing time of the New York Mercantile Exchange, two weeks prior to the beginning of the upcoming calendar quarter. When those conditions are met, an onboard credit will be provided to all guests on sailings that begin during the upcoming calendar quarter.

The dates on which the price of West Texas Intermediate fuel will be measured, and the quarters during which refunds could apply are:

Fuel Price Determination Date Quarter of Possible Fuel Supplement Refunds
December 18, 2008First quarter 2009
March 18, 2009Second quarter 2009
June 17, 2009Third quarter 2009
September 17, 2009Fourth quarter 2009
December 18, 2009First quarter 2010
March 18, 2010Second quarter 2010
June 17, 2010Third quarter 2010
September 17, 2010Fourth quarter 2010
We will continue to closely monitor the movement of global fuel prices and recognize that an upturn in those prices could necessitate the reinstatement of a fuel supplement.

Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 8:11 pm

Michele: Not sure which post you are referring to, I don't remember posting a question about the fuel supplement Smile but thanks for posting this for anyone that did not see it...

Ginny: You have been busy, glad that everything is working out for you and am sure that the passport will arrive in due time for the cruise...

The Radiance itinerary to MR sure looks like a nice one with more ports than Mariner will do...Might be a possibility for us since we have never been to the Mex Riviera...

Glad to see Cloris go home, think that La Lucci will be next!!!

Everyone have a good night... Can't wait til next week, we leave on Wed to head South before meeting everyone on Friday night for dinner, one more thing, Martha, Can I Go Now???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 8:22 pm

JJ2sail wrote:

Yup I'm ecstatic. Laughing I didn't want to comment last night 'cause of the left coasters but I wanted to for sure.

I've had a busy day but now I'm home at last ready to watch game 5 1/2 of the World Series. It's really cold and the fans are already in the park and all wrapped up in blankets. The wind is howling but at least it's dry. I sure hope they put it away tonight. GO PHILLIES !!!!!

I did an absentee ballot today since I'll be away on Nov 4th so that's taken care of.

Ginny I'm glad everything went smoothly for Alex's passport. Sometimes things just come together.

We got confirmation today from Susan so I guess the Oasis 2010 is official. How many from here are going? I don't know which freebie we'll choose yet though.

Sure hope the oil prices are good on Dec 18th since we're cruising on Feb 1st. Right Michelle??

BTW nobody wins any bets on me. Oasis is after Rhapsody and the 2009 cruise is a freebie so sorry no cigar folks.

I meant to respond to the tux question. We got Bob a tux at Value City for $75 on sale and then bought extra shirts and ties so for us it's a no-brainer, it already payed for itself. I think it's a good investment.

Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 8:29 pm

Sheila I know the Princess Cruise sounds really nice and I consider it. But............ I have never sailed on Cunard and think that could be interesting.

Has anyone here cruised Cunard? What should one expect? Do they have stuff for teenagers? From what I have read it is a much higher class of cruise ship then I have ever sailed on.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 8:43 pm

Evening all..................OK, here's a dumb question. I go to the RCI website..........I look at Radiance for April 12 & 23, 2010.............doing a b2b. I click on reserve now for the April 12 cruise and I get "there are no cabins available for this sailing". affraid But all the pricing is up across the boards. The funny thing is that the 4 & 5 night cruises in April, 2010 which have dates that would conflict with the 10 and 11 night cruises have N/A across the board. Question

Me thinks that there is a problem.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 8:59 pm

Gnite all..........still feeling like crud around here.......trying hard to get rid of this before the babes come. Course DD has the cold crap too so I figure I'm safe....if the babies get it then they must get it from her, right!!! .....actually, I'd probably still wear a mask.......

I think another day of super dosing up and I'll be over it.......hopefully!

Jen.......have u gotten confirmation yet???......I haven't......

Have a good evening.........

jul :unwell:
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 9:18 pm

Jul- I have not gotten a formal confirmation number. I did redo my booking forms last night, and got an email this am saying that they got them. Sorry you got a cold, feel better!

Ginny- The Cunard Boards here on Cruise Freeks have lots of information and most of the Cunard people are all very nice and willing to answer any questions. There are a couple of snobby people but I just ignore them.

I don't know about teen stuff, but I will be bringing my boys also. I know they have play areas for small children, will have to ask about teen stuff.

Basically they say Cunard is more refined, people are better dressed during the day, and after 5:00 pm it is very dressy. Formal nights are Tuxes and long gowns, semi formal is suits and cocktail dresses, and casual is sport coat no tie, and nice pant suits skirts/dresses for women. They also have themed balls, like Black and white or Venetian etc... I figure for 5 days the boys could put up with a little refinement! Rolling Eyes And told them if they don't want to dress up, they can order pizza from room service.

Come over to the Cunard Boards, Jul, Ginny and Sheila!
Sheila- Did you say you could or could not make the July 4th sailing? My brain is fried! cyclops

Last edited by JJ2sail on Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 9:21 pm

jillybabes wrote:
Michele: Not sure which post you are referring to, I don't remember posting a question about the fuel supplement Smile but thanks for posting this for anyone that did not see it..

Duh, I just double checked and it was "Jillyfish"
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=866918&page=2

Sorry, my brain is mush today. Just ignore me. Very Happy BlondeMoment
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 9:45 pm

Don't know how well I will fit in. What are the ages of your boys Jen? Alex is 14. Off to pick him up, catch you'll later.

Julie, hope you are feeling better soon.
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 10:33 pm

Jen, we are going to be on the Vision the week before you on Dec. 7, 2008!

About Cunard...we have been on the QE2, Sagafjord, and Sea Goddess.....yes, they are definitely more refined, and dressy.
Don't know about any kids programs. Their food used to be out of this world! Hate to say it, but if Cunard still holds it's 5 star rating....then it is a cut above RCI. Don't know how they are after being bought by Carnival. But it was nice to sail on an Ocean Liner for once in my life. The men wore suits on non-formal nights and tuxes on formal nights. I don't quite remember, but I think we were never allowed in the Dining Rm. in shorts at any time.

Hey, I would go on a Cunard cruise anytime! Did you gals get a FC cabin??

Mar~
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 10:34 pm

vlscruiser wrote:
Don't know how well I will fit in. What are the ages of your boys Jen? Alex is 14. Off to pick him up, catch you'll later.

Julie, hope you are feeling better soon.

Ginny, Of course you will fit in! My boys are 16 and 18 now, and will be a year older by July. I'm sure they can hang together, and I'm sure they won't be the only kids on board. I know QM2 has 5 swimming pools and also basketball quarts. No sure what else. I just think it will be a really great opportunity for the boys to see NY and Boston.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 10:37 pm

Exairgoddess1 wrote:
Jen, we are going to be on the Vision the week before you on Dec. 7, 2008!

About Cunard...we have been on the QE2, Sagafjord, and Sea Goddess.....yes, they are definitely more refined, and dressy.
Don't know about any kids programs. Their food used to be out of this world! Hate to say it, but if Cunard still holds it's 5 star rating....then it is a cut above RCI. Don't know how they are after being bought by Carnival. But it was nice to sail on an Ocean Liner for once in my life. The men wore suits on non-formal nights and tuxes on formal nights. I don't quite remember, but I think we were never allowed in the Dining Rm. in shorts at any time.

Hey, I would go on a Cunard cruise anytime! Did you gals get a FC cabin??

Mar~

Hi Mar! We got free inside cabins, from Cruise Freeks! All you have to do is book their Halloween 2010 Charity cruise on Oasis, and you get to pick a free cruise from three different offerings. You have to book by tommorrow at 5:00 pm. And, if you want to cancel the Oasis cruise later on, after March 15th you can and still keep the free cruise! With no penalties. But the Halloween cruise sounds really great, with Yan can Cook, and Rhue McClanahan.

The 4th of July sailing was a no brainer, because it includes airfare, one night hotel in NY and also dinner and a show.

Last edited by JJ2sail on Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 10:39 pm

Mar, you are the reason we booked the Vision this year for Christmas time, after seeing your pictures from last year.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 11:00 pm

Congrats Sheila on the Phillies win!!!!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 11:05 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:

BTW nobody wins any bets on me. Oasis is after Rhapsody and the 2009 cruise is a freebie so sorry no cigar folks.
OK.........so how did you get a free cruise............or did I miss the announcement? Very Happy

Congratulations to the Phillies. I guess they can thank Mother Nature for the win.

Last edited by cruisenfever on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 11:06 pm

Patti.......if you book the halloween 2010 cruise thru cf u get to pick one free cruise out of three different choices.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 11:10 pm

That is what I've been trying to tell you guys all week! They sent out an email on Monday.....

Hi Everyone,

We are in a bit of a sticky situation and, we reallyneed your help.

This is regarding our Halloween cruise in 2010.

Normally,
I would cover this but, since I am literally in the middle of moving
this week, things are tied up for me and, Susan, our travel agent is
not in the position to cover this expense either. Therefore, I am going to make an unprecedented offer and it expires on Thursday, October 30, 2009 at 5pm Eastern:

Deposit by 5pm Eastern on
Thursday, October 30, 2008 for our 2010 Halloween Cruise and select one
of the following cruises fo
r 2 people as our Thank You Gift:

• 5 night Cunard Cruise aboard Queen Mary 2 sailing on July 1, 2009 INCLUDES pre-cruise and free coach air deal
    night Baltic Cruise sailing on Crystal Symphony August 5, 2009 include free pre-cruise
    hotel in Copenhagen, pre-paid on-board gratuities and $100 on-board
    credit

• 7 night
    New England Canada cruise on Caribbean Princess sailing on August 29,
    2009 includes $25 on-board credit, one bottle of wine photo voucher and
    tote bag

Restrictions and Rules

• Air is not included
    unless otherwise stated and based upon lowest available cabin category
    which can be upgraded at your expense and is subject to cruise line
    availability and pricing.

• Offer
    is applied to first two passengers only. If you have more than 2
    passengers in one cabin, you are responsible for the price difference
    and it is subject to cruise line availability.
  • You must give FULL DEPOSIT ($500 per cabin) for the 2010 Halloween cruise and not cancel the cruise until after March 15, 2009 when we pass our first recall. Yes, you may cancel and STILL receive one of the three cruises above. We just need your help in retaining the group space right now.
  • Your free cabin on the cruise of your choice from the list above will be secured in January, 2009

• If you are one of our contest winners and would like to apply the free cabin to family or friends we WILL allow this given our unusual circumstances in this situation

Bookings for this
sailing NOW OPEN

YOUR TRAVEL AGENT IS:

Susan Schaefer, MCC, CSS, DS
Ships 'N' Trips
Travel

*supporting charity through travel*

www.shipsntripstravel.com
Office: (615)
221-1209
Toll free: (888) 221-1209

It is only open to Cruise Freek Members and immediate family, so do not send it to all your friends!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 11:19 pm

CONGRATULATIONS! SHEILA

d
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 11:25 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
Patti.......if you book the halloween 2010 cruise thru cf u get to pick one free cruise out of three different choices.
Thanks for the email Julie. I'll have to run it past LJ! Shocked

Hope you are feeling better.

Edit........thanks Jen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next