Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+10
cruisenfever
GrmyCRS
critterchick
frudutx
jillybabes
misseddie
Exairgoddess1
JJ2sail
cruiseforme
Murphy
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 6:00 pm

This is "hair and nails" day for me too, Jean. I also have to light a fire under Bob to start packing!....Men!

Have no clue about what the contests are that you all are winning...have not been able to stay on the computer long enough to play....

Congrats on all the babies....

Talk to Y'all when we get back.....

Mar~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 6:20 pm

Murphy wrote:
But I see you also pointed out the "catch" for me.... wonder what the taxes are on winning a $10K trip! Razz
Trip? What trip? I don't see any trip? hide

roflmao
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 6:55 pm

Taxes?????????? HUH???????????????????????????

Byeeeeeeeeeeeee Mar----have fun................
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 6:57 pm

Unfortunately, typically a 1099 is issued for things won in a contest....then it's added to gross income BadIdea ....I notified accountant the day I knew about it....

j
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 7:22 pm

wow.............just what we need......................another reason to pay more taxes...................oh well..........

I wonder just how much you pay??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 8:42 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
Unfortunately, typically a 1099 is issued for things won in a contest....then it's added to gross income BadIdea ....I notified accountant the day I knew about it....

j

Shhhh, they'll hear you. hide
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 9:26 pm

Yahoo Susan, enjoy and I hope Ray can go.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 11:04 pm

Susan.....have you told Ray yet that he's having surgery next year yet??? affraid Then he'd be able to go, RIGHT???... bounce

Off to zzzzzz's.......long day!

sheila, hope ur faring well with the kids.........

j
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 11:19 pm

WOW...Missed many birthdays, baby news, bon voyages, welcome backs, and BIG WINNERS. Embarassed CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF YOU!!!

Just been too tired from work to only skim posts, but I'm really happy for all of you!!! cheers Also finally remembered you HAVE TO LOG IN to post. DUH.

Got the e-mail about Nina's baby and so happy to hear he's doing so well.

Well, Martha and I booked a little Alaska Cruise to tide us over til December 09. Rhapsody on May 8, 2009. Probably won't get the great weather we had with the SPB's. bit we'll be on a ship and got a fabulous deal from our "KEY" agent. Wink

So Bon Voyage to those lucky ones sailing this weekend and hope everyone has a great weekend.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 11:25 pm

Chris.......congrats on the booking! Alaska...my FAVORITE!

Wow 7 year old boys are NUTS...why do they insist on making a million different noises, jump and run??? and in general drive grammy's crazy????...YIKES...give me little girls ANYDAY!!!...and now TWO MORE....

Told my dd we were moving in 6 years!!! Right before the twins turn 7!!!!

Now maybe it'll get quiet......all in bed and I'm ready for some peace!

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 11:41 pm

Evening everyone!

Jul, I see you've signed up for Spark People! Have you had any time to really look at it yet? I really like the nutrition tracker and menu's and shopping lists.

I was also wondering about reporting winnings, I really hope there is a loop hole somewhere!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 11:50 pm

Jen......haven't played around with it much......I figured I'd get signed up and then hopefully get some time to search it a bit........

I actually have sooo much to do email wise that I haven't had a chance to do since the kids were born....somehow life has been wayyyy tooo hectic.......

Was going to try and do ome tonight but fighting my eyelids to stay open and I think I'm going to lose!

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 12:05 am

It does take a little while to figure out. Wait till you are rested.....besides I'm sure you are burning lots of calories chasing the kids! Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 12:09 am

Congrats on the booking Chris and Martha........LOVE Alaska......

Nov
8th--Diane/Jill--Liberty-- E. Carib
9th--Jean/Marilyn--Vision--Mexican Riveria(with DirtGirl)
14th--Kathy--CelebritySolstice
22nd--Nancy--Voyager--Med
22nd--Ginny--Sapphire Princess--MexicanRivera
29th --Barb/Nancy--Voyager-- Barcelona TA

Dec
7th--Marilyn--Vision--MexicanRiveria
14th--Jen--Vision--Mexican Riveria
15th--Kathy--Navigator--WCarib
18th--Jean--AzamaraJourney--Panal Canal

January
11th-Diane--Voyager-WCarib
18th--Diane-Voyager-WCarib
30th--Jul--Jewel-Panama Canal

Feb
1st--Sheila/Michelle-Independence-WCarib
5th--Kathy-Navigator-WCarib
8th--Susan--Adventure-SoCarib
13th--Jean-CarnivalParadise-BajaMexico
22nd--Marilyn--Mariner--Mexican Riveria
27th--Jill--Grand Princess 14 nt Caribbean Collection

April
19th--Jean/Marilyn/Ginny--Mariner--Mexican Riveria
26th--Patti/Sheila/Nancy--Radiance--SoAmerica to San Diego

May
8th--Chris/Martha--Rhapsody--Alaska
10th--Marilyn--Mariner--Mexican Riveria
16th--Jean--AzamaraBest of Italy

Jun
8th--Barb--Monarch--Bahamas
21st--Ginny--Mariner--Mexican Riveria

July
1st-Kathy/Jen/Jul/Ginny--QM2--Canada/NE

Aug
29th--Sheila/Nancy--CaribbeanPrincess--Can/NE

Sept
2nd--Patti/GinnyRae--Jewel--TA
6th--Marilyn--Mariner--Mexican Riveria
14th--Patti--Jewel--NewEngland/Canada
24th/28th(b2b)--Susan--Enchantment--WCarib

Oct
4th--Kathy--Freedom--ECarib
4th--Jean--Radiance--Mexico
25th--Jill/Diane--GoldenPrincess--Hawaii

Nov
16th--Jean--Radiance--Mexico
20th--Nancy--Solstice--Med
21st--Jean--Radiance--Mexico
23th--Barb-- Independence--England & PARIS TA
30th--Nancy--Solstice--TA

Dec
6th--Marilyn--Mariner--MexicanRiveria
7th---Chris & Martha--Grandeur--ECarib
20th--Jen/Jul/Michelle/Susan--QM2--Eastern/SouthernCarib(15nts)
26th--Jean--SapphirePrincess--MexicanRiveria

Jan
9th--Jul--Oasis--ECarib
16th--Jul--Oasis--ECarib

Feb
26th--Sheila--Rhapsody--Australia(b2b)

March
15th--Sheila/Nancy--Rhapsody--Australia/New Zealand

April
12th--Sheila--Rhapsody--Sydney to Hawaii

Sept
11th--Michelle--Oasis--ECarib
25th--Susan--Oasis--ECarib

Oct
9th--Jill/Diane--Oasis--ECarib
30th--Jen/Sheila/Ginny/Nancy--Oasis--WCarib
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 12:14 am

Hi Chris and Martha!

How is Martha's hand/wrist?? Is it all healed?

Congrats on the new booking, good to hear from you, I'm ready to go back to Vegas!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 12:51 pm

Morning everyone............not too much going around here as of yet...........its a beautiful day.....

Have all the windows open......feels so good............
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 2:07 pm

JJ2sail wrote:
Evening everyone!

Jul, I see you've signed up for Spark People! Have you had any time to really look at it yet? I really like the nutrition tracker and menu's and shopping lists.

I was also wondering about reporting winnings, I really hope there is a loop hole somewhere!

Jen, I may join you ladies on the Spark people. I need to do something since my meds have been packing on the pounds. Long story short, I have crohn's disease. So the disease use to make me unable to gain weight cause I was sick. Now I am on a Remicade infusion every 8 weeks that put me into remission Very Happy but now I CAN gain weight and holy moly have I ever. Crying or Very sad

So point me in the right direction to the "Sparky People" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 3:35 pm

Afternoon everyone..............been busy. We've had beautiful weather until yesterday. Wednesday we met some friends down in Amish Country and spent the day. Finally able to find some shepherd's rods to hold my hanging baskets in the summer. Boy are they heavy.

Now that Mother Nature is allowing all the trees to shed their leaves............we have been busy mulching, bagging and raking.

Congratulations to the new winners.............Bon Voyage to those that have left..........Welcome Home to those returning. Did I get everyone??

Jen, love your new avatar. Now I can always see that sweet smiling face that I remember from the Alaska cruise.

Jul, hope the twins are doing better every day.

Sheila, I might have forgotten to mention, but your new grand baby is precious. It's too bad that there are so many miles between the two families.

Nice to hear that Sis Chris and Martha have joined the ranks of two cruises a year..................I know you will have a fab time on Rhapsody to Alaska. And getting a great deal from your "Key Account" agent made it even better. Very Happy

Have a wonderful afternoon......................
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 4:23 pm

I should join Sparks too.......I have NO will power...........I was doing so good with diet and exercise before my SS trip............even the first day I was good, then I said the he!! with it.............and havent exactly stuck to the plan when I got home either...............I am soooooooo weak.......

Got gas today for $1.95..........it was chaos!! You would think they were giving it away...............

So nice to hear from you patti............you've had a busy week...........

Im trying to arrnage to meet up tomorrow(in Orlando) with a couple of SS crew......they are spending the week there before they board the MN on Monday.........they really wanted to come to my house for an American bbq....but they had no idea we're almost 2 hours away..........
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 4:30 pm

Hello all...........well, hectic morning but the babies have gained back enuff of what they lost that they were allowed to go home (it was looking like the bigger of the two lost tooo much and may have to stay) ....2 oz sure makes a difference!!!

Sooo they are all home and I'm at work where it's QUIET and there is NO children under my feet!!!

Wow....how exhausted they have made me! Can't wait to go home, prop my feet up and just watch tv other than Wiggles, Wubbzy, Bears, or Franklin the turtle!!! How about Criminal Minds , CSI, and Without a Trace!!!!

Hope the next batch sailing out has a GREAT cruise and smooth sailings!

I'm sure Diane and Jill are having a blast by now!

have a gr8 Sat y'all

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 5:48 pm

:coldout: BRRRR winter has hit in Chicago! It's been snowing/sleeting on and off all day and I can't seem to keep warm despite the heat being turned up, a blanket and my robe over my clothes!

Thank goodness this week is over! Huge week at work (including a meeting this morning) and the excitement of winning the cruise and trying to figure out if we can go (or should I say if Ray can go... Razz ) has totally exhausted me!

OK, Jul and Jen, here's my big question: How on earth do you pack for a 15 night cruise that leaves from NY in the winter and then to the Caribbean , requires more formalwear than I've owned in my lifetime with a one-suit case airline limit???? roflmao
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 5:57 pm

Kathy, that's so nice of you to hang out with the SS crew before they go to their new home on Monarch!

I need to start packing. My toiletries are done; that's always the killer. The rest is just fold & fling into the suitcase until it's full. I don't have to worry about a weight limit, thankfully.

Susan, pack for a 7 nighter and plan for laundry.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 5:58 pm

Susan.......Well.....first I always use the 2 suitcase even if I have to pay the $20 at this point....AND I may well be paying for an extra if I have to....THEN ....I will have pants that are good for carib (khaki type) and a thermal type pant under them for NY....then my formal wear will be a black flowy long skirt with several diff type formal tops....my NEW onesole shoes which will cover ALL evenings....3 capris, 5 tops. ....and I just do laundry....that's part of my expected expense...I usually send out 3-4 times and spend never more than $100 (that will do a HUGE amount typically)....

That's what I'm planning! for me anyhow........dh will be his tux with several vest/cumberbunds...2 dress pants/1 sport jacket/ and day wear for 4 days then laundry....

His shoes will take wayyyyy more room than anything since he will have his tux shoes, dress shoes, everyday shoes...

WE CAN DO IT......I'll get more tips from Bev! ....she always packs in ONE suitcase and a very small carryon ....how, I'll never understand!!...

This is when I wish I were a SIZE ZERO!!!!!!!

jul
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 6:26 pm

Hey Shrimp, Good to hear from you. Hope Martha is doing well. Glad to see you booked another cruise. You'll love it.

Patti good to see you back too. Darn those leaves anyhoo. I'm one of those people that are in new construction and wish they had trees big enough to shed leaves. Maybe 20 years from now we will.

Jul, Glad the babies are home. Now the fun begins.

I's a windy cold day here today more typically Chicago weather. I did the kids Christmas shopping yesterday so they have it here. They will be with us for Christmas but this way I could get the larger items they'd have trouble getting home. I'll still have some stuff at my house too. Parker is having longer awake time and is looking around himself. Bob and Steve are doing all the projects that he's been saving til his dad came to help him.

Have a great day everyone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 7:27 pm

Snow Susan?? Is that early for you??? I dont dare tell you I just put the a/c on cuz I was too hot..........DONT HATE ME!! heheheh Dont worry,we get our fair share of cold here in Ocala too.............no snow,but temps in the 30s ,sometimes 20s.........

I can only imagine packing for 15 nights...heck,we still cant do a carryon for 3 nights.......its the darn shoes and toiletries.................I try so hard.......

Have a good time Jean.........you rooming with Carol or are you all going with your husbands??

Glad all the little ones are doing so well..........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next