Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+11
Exairgoddess1
jillybabes
nancyk2sea
JJ2sail
vlscruiser
frudutx
GrmyCRS
critterchick
Murphy
cruiseforme
cruisenfever
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 9:30 pm

Ginny, I don't think so, it's hard for us to get information also! There are over 400 fires burning in Northern California right now. I'm not to worried about the house, I think it is far enough away. But the smoke is so bad! Even here in Napa, the sky is very dark, and the smell of smoke is everywhere.

I wish I was back on the Monarch! Sad I am really going to miss that little cruise! We had really great cabin stewards and waiters last week, but never saw our head waiter? And I thought the food was better, I liked the new menu's and some of the new items. The fruit was wonderful, especially the fruit compote with lime dressing for a starter. I also liked the new pork medallions with mushrooms. The seabass was very bland, but otherwise okay.
This is the first cruise I have been on that I didn't gain any weight! I think we were so busy, and I just really tried to not over eat.

DS came through oral surgery just fine, he will be home for a few days recovering, stocked up on jello, pudding, ice cream and soup today.

Have a good evening everyone!

Ps- I like NCIS too! I will have to check out Army wives, sound like I would like it.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 9:57 pm

Jen.......hope ds recovers nicely.

Stressful day around here as usual but working hard at not letting it get me....

Back on the treadmill....FINALLY...decided it doesn't matter how tired I am, I just have to do it.

Looking forward to Wed...we are doing the 3d ultrasound so we'll get to know what the twins are and actually get to see their faces....If you've never seen one, search on youtube and ck one out...they are soooo cool...

off to cook dinner......have a gr8 evening y'all

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 10:11 pm

critterchick wrote:

Well, that's another thing we have in common besides wine, then. I love Army Wives, too! It's too girly for Don, although he wouldn't mind watching with the sound off, LOL. His big band plays every year at the Marine Corps scholarship dinner in Beverlhy HIlls, and one year the cast of JAG was there, so he got to see the woman who played Mac (I forget the actress' name) and reported that she's just as gorgeous in person. Last year it was the cast of NCIS but he didn't say whether Mark Harmon is as gorgeous in person. I suppose that's a good thing... Razz

I had breakfast with a friend who was just off the Monarch and had a great time. She booked a JS guarantee and got a GS, not too shabby.

I'm gearing up to do the grout in my bathroom. Don says that I've done enough for the week, but I'm jealous of his bathroom now and want mine to be pretty, too!
Jean, Jim wants to know if Don plays in a band? See, watch yourselves ladies..........he does read!!

So you like to grout also? Nothing like a nice clean grout job to make the bathroom look all new again.
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 36 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 12:21 am

Yes, he does. He's been playing in Webster's Unabridged since he was in high school. Bill Webster, Sr., founded the band while he was at Princeton in the late 1940s/early 50s and his son Bill Jr. took it over in the late 1960s. They do everything from the swing era up until the early 80s. Punk, hip hop and other modern "genres" don't work for them.
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 36 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 9:15 am

Good Morning, it looks like I have several pages to catch up on.
The trip to IN was good, the g-children traveled much better then I expected, watched cartoons most of the way. The wedding was beautiful and lots of fun and we got to spend time with Ken's family.

D--have lots of fun in FL, wish we were there right now, it would be great to see you again.

Later, Nancy
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 36 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 9:53 am

Good Morning SPB's....Checking in for the day...Getting ready for our visiting friends, counting the days tile Friday...Will check in Later, Jill
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 36 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 11:19 am

Morning all.....

Nice warm sunny day here....FINALLY....maybe we'll see sun all week.

Nothing happening here but work.........boring old work!

have a great Tues all

jul Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 36 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 12:52 pm

Good Morning All, The Ordination Service was last night and it was beautiful. A 3 tissue event for sure. It was the end of a long haul for both of them and we are very proud. We went to bkfst this morning(Cracker Barrel yumm) and then Caley's parent left to travel back to Oklahoma. We are home alone with the little one affraid We are getting used to each other as she doesn't see us too often. The kida leave on their cruise on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 36 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 1:32 pm

Sheila, Congratulations to you and your family! cheers
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 36 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 1:40 pm

Sheila--congrats on the big event, you must be so proud.
We also love Cracker Barrel, ate there yesterday on our drive home.
Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Nancy
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 36 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 1:47 pm

Congrats Sheila to you, Bob and the family...Enjoy!
Another Cracker Barrel fan (love their breakfasts!!!)
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 36 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 2:04 pm

Morning all, it's another very quiet day here.

We're also counting the hours Jill. Looking forward to just getting away. I plan to bring some yarn along to crochet as well as some books to read so I'll have plenty of relaxing type stuff to do. Also, mentioned the Salt Rock Grill to John and that sounds good to him. I also looked up the menu looks yummy!

Congrats Sheila, Bob and family.

We love CB also we were just talking about that rest. at lunch today.

d
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 36 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 3:16 pm

Hey Sis.....if ya get over towards Port C with D....eat at Fishlips on the water....mmmmmmmmm gr8 food and the wonton shrimp was to die for!

D.....I hope u get lots of rest and relaxation....

Sheila....congrats to your family....sounds like ur having a great time..

j Smile
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 36 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 3:54 pm

Sis: We have been to fishlips a few times, when we are going on a cruise and staying overnight we sometimes chose to go there...Actually Salt Rock puts Fishlips to shame!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 36 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 4:04 pm

Hi all..........

Checking in.dont want you to think Im lost.. Laughing

LOVE CB.....my fav breakfast is the egg sandwich with bacon......yummy.......I could eat there every day........

Is Salt Rocks near you,Jill??? I know that area has changed big time since we lived down there........

Sounds like a wonderful time you had Sheila........enjoy the rest of the visit.....

Diane--you ready for the heat and humidity?? hahah.......I rather have it than the cold in the winter........

Jul--------my pool is all cloudy......had the water tested...........needed to put the chlorine back on(last time,it was too high)........with all this rain every day,the PH gets all off wack.........we emptied some water out today.......so I hope it clears up again soon.............

Jean--60 cruises?? wow.......then you'll almost be at 75 and get upgrades on short cruises.......thats what I want the most...........My next SS one will be 40 and I should be getting the crystal.........hope I do since the SS will be gone soon.....

Waiting for Lauren to get here.............she's spending some time here(till Thursday)...think she's a little homesick...........making her babybacks, corn on the cob and potatoes on the grill tonite............tomorrow her favorite--tacos........

later all..................
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 36 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 4:32 pm

Yes, Kathy, Salt Rock is 1/2 mile south of us on Gulf Blvd Very Happy ...
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 36 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 5:06 pm

Yes, I think were ready.

We're looking forward to getting away and so I don't know that the humidity will bother us.

d
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 36 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 5:20 pm

Afternoon ladies..........had a dental appointment this morning (Look Ma..no Cavities!!).......then had to go shopping for two showers...one is baby and one is bridal............no, they are not the same person!! affraid

Sheila, congratulations to your son and DIL. When he was young, there were probably times when you could have wrung his neck............now look............he has made you proud with only 3 tissues!

Diane and John, have a great visit with Jill and Dave. Play nice, behave, stay out of trouble............oh, what a boring time you will have if you listen to me! Have a blast!!

Jean, what instrument does Don play.............Jim was curious as he is a clarinet/sax man himself.

Have a wonderful day..................check back later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 36 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 6:42 pm

nancyk2sea wrote:
Sheila--congrats on the big event, you must be so proud.
We also love Cracker Barrel, ate there yesterday on our drive home.
Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Nancy

Nancy, the one we went to is right outside the Fairfield Laughing I think we'll be back there soon don't you.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 36 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 6:50 pm

Kathy.........cloudy usually means ph is wacko...typically after heavy rains or when u know they are coming we used to recommend doing a heavy chlorine shock.....and sometimes with cloudy after rains you can add a bunch of bleach and get the same effect......is your pool vinyl/gunite or fiberglass????

CB....usually don't eat there.....tooo southern for me!!!..I can't stand all the gravies.....I'm a ihop fan myself....

sis.....I'll have to ck that restaurant out next trip

Chris ..coming your way again Aug 8-15.....we get to stay an extra day (hopefully tickets work right) maybe THIS time we'll get to cya

jul Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 36 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 7:50 pm

I have a cement pond,Jul(haha---guess that means gunite).we have had heavy rains every day.......and now it is about to start again..... i heard the thunder..I put shock in it yesterday........and upped the chlorine(we use tablets--its an automatic dispenser).....
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 36 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 9:32 pm

Jen - I just saw that Napa is having fires...hope you're not in any danger!!!

Shorty - Must've been a lovely event. Enjoy the little one! BE BRAVE! LOL

Jul- Would love to see you (if you have time). My grandson, Blake, is in the Army and will be home for a couple of weeks in August before he is shipped to Afghanistan. . Was hoping against hope that he would be remaining on American soil. So we certainly hope to get to California while he's home on leave.

Kathy - How is Lauren doing? Any answers about her health?

Patti - hmmm, is LJ a musician too? He seems mighty interested in Don's band.

Must be out in space...never saw or heard of Army Wives. When is it on??

Hope everyone's decorating is going smoothly and you're not over-exerting.
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 36 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 9:44 pm

Hi Chris Smile how are you doing?

Sheila sounds like the graduation was great.

Armywives is on Sunday night (with reruns) 10:00 AM on Sunday nights here in CA on A&E I think. Help someone is that right?
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 36 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 10:36 pm

Army Wives is on Lifetime channel.....sunday evenings.......

Tball tonight.....hot out but wasn't too bad....

Hope y'all have a great evening

jul Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 36 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 11:34 pm

Chris-Lauren is feeling much better since she stopped the calcium.......and all the other drugs..........Only thing she takes now is a mutivitamin........she ate like a little piggy tonite for dinner........I think she is glad to be "home" for a few days.....

Oh yea, all her test,inc the blood tests came back ok!!

Right from this website,Army Wives is on Sundays at 10 pm et/pt: Encores Mon. at 8 pm and Sat. at 11 pm http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/shows/army-wives

Nite all..............
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 36 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 36 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next