Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+14
cruisemasters
Exairgoddess1
TwitchOR
cruisenfever
frudutx
critterchick
Murphy
barbeeAL
crzy4cruising
cruiseforme
GrmyCRS
nancyk2sea
JJ2sail
vlscruiser
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Murphy
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 10:24 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:
Hi From Kankakee, We had a good flight but after we arrived it rained and it rained and it rained some more. Then we had thunder and lightning and this morning we woke up to snow. Boy Susan you really get it all don't you.

Yep! Weather is never Boring here! What was the old saying... if you don't like the weather wait 30 minutes!

Glad you arrived safely and have a GREAT visit with the kids!
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 10:28 pm

Jen--this will be our 5th Princess, the highest we have ever had is BB, I think their category thing is quite confusing so this will be our best yet.

Jean #2--so good to hear from you, do we get to cruise with you again????
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 11:04 pm

doggie spas!!!!!!!!! oooooooh I am so glad my 6000 population town does not have that!!!$$$$$$$$$$
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 11:58 pm

TGIF!!!!

Congratulations Jen & Nancy (it was Nancy too, wasn't it?) cheers

Jean2 - Do you only post when you're working?

Sheeeeeeeeeesh all those computers...and here I am chugging along on my crummy computer and still on dial up. I'm surviving in the dark ages. Crying or Very sad

Bren - How're you feeling?

Jean - I'm very surprised that you've never been upgraded, I guess it's hit or miss, or the luck of the draw.

Patti - Have you nd LJ ever got an upgrade?

Virginia - Where are you? At D-land again?? Wink

Had a very hectic week...nothing good to report LOL.

Enjoy the weekend everyone...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 12:10 am

TwitchOR wrote:

June and I have just booked HAL Zaandam to Alaska June 19 - 26, 2008. Can you believe she's flying all this way just for a week? Though she'll be staying with me for a week before the cruise, too.
Unless you're in a time warp,I think you missed the ship.. Razz

Oh,I believe there are dog masseuses(?)........heck, we have them for horses here in Ocala too.............

Nite all.............going to watch tv in bed........
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 12:11 am

Had cub scout banquet tonight......poor grandson made a dvd for his presentation and it wouldn't work, so dd had to race (she takes a little after me on this part) home, get a cord and race back so he could do his performance...all was well...YAY......

Lots of gadgets here too.....2 desktops, 2 laptops, a motoq (waiting impatiently for verizon to get a iphone type phone)......but enuff gadgetry that it drives dh NUTS.

jean2.......glad you and june are doing ak again........that should be fun!

have a good evening y'all

j Smile
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 1:30 am

Evening all...

All the east coasties are probably snoozing by now, but I just got home.

Went to Dream Dinners and then my Sister had us to dinner. I was bad and had a big glass of wine and an even bigger piece of asiago cheese bread, will have to be good tommorrow. But is was sooooooo yummy. It's just not fair!

I am very upset because I had a meeting last night and missed Idol, thought the DVR was recording it all, but it only recorded Wed not Thurs. I don't know who made it thru, guess I will check the website.

Night all, check in tomorrow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 10:21 am

Morning.......

Sounds like you had a yummy night,Jen.......thats ok,its alright to go off once in a while.........

Glad your GS had a good presentation considering the minor snafu.........what did he present??

We had 2 desktops and one laptop,till one of the desktops got zapped last week...............

Well,got up early to go to Kohls for early bird sales..........probably wont have what I need on sale(workout pairs),but I can look,cant I??

Later ~~
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 10:46 am

Morning all---

Looking forward to a relaxing weekend, a few things to catch up on while Ken is here. Still cold 12 this am

later---
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 11:19 am

Woke up to snow...........ickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

kathy.......gs made a video of pulling pranks on his dad...loosened the sugar lid so when he got coffee it all dumped in, put whipped cream on his hand when sleeping then tickeled his nose so he smeared it on his face.......It was a cute idea .....listening to his laugh was great.......kids are sooo funny

Will try to go to work for a bit I'm sure, roads are clear at this point here...about 2 inches on the ground.......north of here is much worse, they are actually plowing the streets.....

Have a good day y'all

gd luck at kohl's kathy!!

j
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 11:50 am

We are waiting for our snow...hope is is just a dusting around the hospital

Tornados whipping thru Auburn this morning....talking to my mom as the syrens are going off. She if good, passed over her

Lazy day today, I need Patti's inspiration to clean...I just don't want to.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 12:09 pm

Well, I totally overslept this morning! Ray and I woke up around 6:00 because Murphy had to go out. If that happens, I normally get up then and stay up, but Ray let him out and I fell back asleep until after 8:00! Ray had to have the car to the shop by 8:30, so I just stayed in bed to keep out of his way!

It COLD here this morning, but no snow. And unfortunately the cold is in the house too! It's only 60 degrees in the main living space! Last week one night one of the old windows in the basement blew open ( or the construction crew forgot to close it when they left...) and the same thing happened, so I just checked, but everything is closed up... Looks like maybe the other pump went out on the furnace! The registers in the living room are ice cold! But the good news is the basement remodel is coming along and I actually like it! Everything is stripped and reframed and all the electrical is rewired (some of the outlets were so old they weren't ground faulted). I wish they had only put in a shower in the bath, but Ray insisted they put in a tub, so the room is pretty small. None of the plumbing is hooked up, but the tub is set...

Well, today I have to finish the taxes and finish putting everything away from the cruise! Since I was sick last weekend, it all just got shoved in the guest room. Guess I'd better get going... Happy March 1!
Back to top Go down
TwitchOR
Charter Member
Charter Member
TwitchOR

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 12:18 pm

[quote="PH8"]Unless you're in a time warp,I think you missed the ship.. Razz
quote]
Kathy - You caught me! It's just my way of trying to stay young! I also realized that I'm not on the birthday list - it's February 5. I have a couple of wedding anniversaries, but nothing current Exclamation

Chris - You're right, I mostly post when I'm at work. I only have dial-up at home so I don't get on-line very often.
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 12:21 pm

Good morning ladies,

Typing one handed here as Jimmy insists on being held. Was out most of the day yesterday with Nancy shopping for a redo of the jh/hs and young adults room at church.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 12:24 pm

We were dialup until not all that long ago.......(well, less than a year)....and I cannot beleive the difference.......I'm sooooooo glad I did it......my bil used to tell me that he'd give up cel phones before he gave up dsl.......I'm think I believe that now!!

When the power is out and can't go online I feel soooo disconnected from the world!

Hope it's not too much repair Susan......stay warm

j
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 12:26 pm

Morning all, a crisp cool day here in Dallas. J and I spent the evening cleaning out our closets as the Kidney Foundation has a truck coming by for donations this morning. Been up (off and on) since 4 as one of our clients had issues and you know when one person is awake we're all awake lol! .

Ready to head out the door to my monthy embroidery club meeting and then afterward I'm meeting J. We're heading to downtown Dallas to the Stars (hockey) game.

As usual I'm working this weekend, so what else is new? Found last week that we were awarded 2 new contracts which means I'll be gainfully employed for a few more years. Cool

l8r

d
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 12:27 pm

Morning everyone..............it is cold here also and what looks like dandruff is falling from the sky.

GrmyCRS wrote:

Patti - Have you nd LJ ever got an upgrade?

Upgrade..........what's that. Shocked Gee, I've heard that there is an upgrade fairy..........I don't think she knows our telephone number. We have never been lucky enough to get such a treat. Maybe someday......................

Well it's general cleaning day...................catch ya later.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Morning everyone! I woke up at 6:30 to a cold house too, but not because our furnace is out, because my son left the front door wide open when they left at 4:30 this am! :coldout:

Jim was hoping he wouldn't have to make the 7 hour trek today, but someones car broke down so he did have to go.

Have a good day everyone.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 1:33 pm

Jen...........that stinks for Jim...not a fun day for sure!

I can remember one time on a cruise when our kids came back in (middle of night) only to find our cabin door wide open and us dead asleep....I HOPE nobody noticed!!! LOL...Now I rememberwhy I'm hooked on aft cabins!

Shoulder is KILLING ME....thank heavens I still have some vicoden. I guess I'm going to have to give up and go to dr on Mon....My left arm is basically useless....hard to hold the babies when I can''t hang onto nothing right now...you'd think I had a stroke!.......

Very strange that a disc in the neck can cause this much ruckus!

j
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 1:58 pm

Julie, hope things get better quickly with your shoulder. Brrrrrrrrr Susan didn't you have the heat pump fixed this past year or was that someone else? Jen maybe he wanted you to get the feel of a snow cave?

I should be getting dressed and ready for the day but here I am still at the computer reading the boards and being lazy.

You'll have a good day. sunny
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 3:31 pm

Yes, Ginny, you are correct.... I just had one of the pumps repaired in Jan. Unfortunately, because of the "zones", we have 3 pumps, so are now running on 2 and the main living area is the zone that isn't working! The one in the basement and bedrooms is working, so I guess Ray had better finish the basement soon, or we will be living in the bedroom!

Jul, hope you feel better! I hate neck/shoulder/back pains.

Jen, sorry about your cold house, but at least it was a quick fix!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 3:48 pm

Hi all........

Did good at Kohls...............stuff I went for was on sale!! They had tons of clearance stuff,but I really dont need any winter clothes............besides I dont want to buy anymore till I lose some pounds.........

Came home and am trying a new crock pot recipe........with smoked turkey sausage and lots of different kinds of beans.........it was in Readers Digest........

Sorry you're all so cold........I wont tell you the current temp,but dont hate me too much........only in the 50s and rain tomorrow.........yuck.....

Jul--that sounds like a real cute video........bet he had fun making it...hope you feel better .........no fun...

Well, think I'll go wash the dog(the little one--not the shepherd)....its a nice day for be out after and shake off there!!

Back later..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 3:49 pm

BELATED Happy Birthday Jean!!! Sorry I missed it............

Jan:
8th--Jill

Feb:
5th--Jean2
7th--Bob(Sheila's DH)
12th--Wendy&Bill(anniv)
26th--Jill&Dave(anniv)

March:
10th--Sheila

April:
3rd--Marilyn&Bob(anniv)

May:
6th--Susan&Ray(anniv)
8th--Danny(Barb's DH)
11th--Marilyn
13th--Sharon
26th--Bill(Wendy's DH)
29th--Jim(Jen's DH)

June:
13th--Bob(Marilyn's DH)
14th--John(Diane's DH)

July:
3rd--Brenda
11th--Jen&Jim(anniv)
16th--Ginny
23rd--Jul&David(anniv)
25th--Ken(Nancy's DH).....Greg(Sharon's DH)
28th--Martha

Aug:
12th--Sharon&Greg(anniv)
14th--Kathy

Sept:
1st--Ray(Susan's DH)
4th--Nancy&Ken(anniv)
4th--David(Jul's DH)
10th--Jim(Patti's DH)
12th--Sheila&Bob(anniv)
17th--Jen
19th--Jean
19th--Dave(Jill's DH)
24th--Chris

Oct:
4th--Patti
8th--Jul
9th-Jean&Don(anniv)
20th--Dennis(Kathy's DH)
23rd--Diane
25th--Barb&Danny(anniv)

Nov:
4th--Barb
16th--Wendy
21st--Nancy
23rd--Patti&Jim(anniv)
25th--Kathy&Dennis(anniv)

Dec:
17th--Diane&John(anniv)
20th--Susan
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 5:47 pm

Hmmm, looking at that list, it seems like we should all do a celebration sailing in September! Not quite, but almost everyone is celebrating "something" that month!
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 7:00 pm

Just got the nicest surprise in the mail--our D+ pins and luggage tags arrived--now we are all set for April!!

Susan--we do have lots of celebrations in Sept.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next