Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+14
cruisemasters
Exairgoddess1
TwitchOR
cruisenfever
frudutx
critterchick
Murphy
barbeeAL
crzy4cruising
cruiseforme
GrmyCRS
nancyk2sea
JJ2sail
vlscruiser
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 4:57 pm

Murphy wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:
Murphy wrote:
Murphy wrote:
Me too! Or rather we buy each other any gifts any more!

This reminds me of the time when Jim and I
were first married and I wanted a bathrobe. So he went out and bought
me a gold lame jump suite........remember those?? Shocked Needless to say, we returned to the store and I did get my fluffy bathrobe.
Oh, all husbands must go thru that stage... when we were first married Ray kept buying me clothes that I thought would look great on a hooker! Spandex, sparkly, shiny... you get it!
roflmao OMG........how I remember those days.

nancyk2sea wrote:
Patti--WHAT GREAT NEWS!!! That is so good that you get to do the B2B and what a wonderful husband.
Do you realize that now you will not be sitting in front of us on the flight? Guess you and Sheila will just have to get the welcome ready for us.

We had an email from our TA that she was mailing our docs today--
See Nancy, now you and Ken might get some sleep on the flight. Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 5:06 pm

arrghhhhh.........dh has the flu now as does bff that I spent the last week with....I'm DOOMED.....hopiing and praying that my immune system is GREAT!!

j
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 5:28 pm

My Mom just called, she is on a trip to Oregon, and has come down with the flu also.

Great news Patti, Congrats!
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 5:30 pm

PH8 wrote:
Got my toes painted "Paint my Moji-toes Red"........hahaha.............with a name like that,I just had to have it..................

rain let up some,Jill.........maybe you'll get some soon.................

have you ever drank a FROZEN mojito? hmmmmmmmmmmmm very refrshing. on our last cruise we asked one of the bartenders for a refreshing drink--we were at the pool---mmmmmmmmm

PH8 wrote:
HOLY COW~~ what a nice surprise,Patti......better get packing....

BTW-anyone else having a hard time getting on www.rccl.com or is it just my puter??

CONGRATS Patti & yes I couldn't get on this morning, haven't tried again tho

chatty group today. I have got to get outside and do more yard work, just haven't gotten up from the puter yet
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 5:30 pm

JJ2sail wrote:
My Mom just called, she is on a trip to Oregon, and has come down with the flu also.

Great news Patti, Congrats!

ohhhhh it $uck$ to have the flu, but I can not imagine being on a trip affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 5:52 pm

A frozen Mojito,brenda????????? Now that sounds really good.................Im gonna ask about that this weekend........

ohno Jul.........hope you dont catch it..........
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 6:44 pm

Oh Julie, I don't know if taking Air Borne would help by it is a immune system support, maybe worth a try. Hope your husband feels better soon. Jen hope your mother is better soon as well.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Speaking of Air Borne, when Jim had his doctor's visit at the end of February, I asked him to ask about Air Borne, since I had forgotten during my visit (yes, we both go to the same doctor).

She basically told him not to waste his money. If you are going to get sick on a flight/trip, you are going to get sick. You can take all the precautions, but sometimes that just isn't enough.

The thing she said was to try and be healthy before you leave and not be run downed. If your immune system is running on low power, there is nothing that will help it.

I use Saline nasal spray every night and it really helps.
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 7:12 pm

Oh well they scrape that suggestion Embarassed
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 7:28 pm

vlscruiser wrote:
I just wonder if doctor's could sometimes be wrong about OTC medication.

It certainly wouldn't hurt to try it.
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 7:44 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
vlscruiser wrote:
I just wonder if doctor's could sometimes be wrong about OTC medication.

It certainly wouldn't hurt to try it.

IME U.S. doctors are reluctant to accept herbal or alternative remedies. My brother tried in vain to talk me out of seeing a chiropractor and he scoffs at the idea that my dog benefits from acupuncture. I'm pretty down on Western medicine for that reason. It's so, well, arrogant.
Back to top Go down
TwitchOR
Charter Member
Charter Member
TwitchOR

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 7:48 pm

Hi everyone,

Wow! I'm on vacation for a couple of weeks and it takes 12 hours to catch up.

Jul - Hope your mum is doing well.

Nancy - Hope SIL is coping well. How is DD holding up?

Now for the good news Very Happy

Patti - That's wonderful. Are you flying into BA a couple of days early? It was my favorite city in S America - very European.

Diane - Loved the chapel - it'll be a lovely occasion.

Last edited by TwitchOR on Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 7:48 pm

Airborne is controversial.....some totally believe in it and some don't.......i feel like if it works for ya then do it..........I use it occasionally, started using Zicam and emergenC........so far so goood , when everyone around me are dropping like flies.....
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 8:22 pm

Hi Jean #2-- it takes 12 hrs to catch up on us?? Do hope that your vacation was good--details, please

SIL-thanks for asking, he has completed the two rounds of chemo, still three more weeks of radiation. Spring break is over so he is back to teaching, we are all so pleased that he is tolerating all of this so well, just really tired and does sleep most of the five hour round trip each day.
DD is also doing great, gaining weight and a nice tummy
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 8:34 pm

TwitchOR wrote:
Hi everyone,

Wow! I'm on vacation for a couple of weeks and it takes 12 hours to catch up.

Jul - Hope your mum is doing well.

Nancy - Hope SIL is coping well. How is DD holding up?

Now for the good news Very Happy

Patti - That's wonderful. Are you flying into BA a couple of days early? It was my favorite city in S America - very European.

Diane - Loved the chapel - it'll be a lovely occasion.
Hey there Twitch........how are you. Did you have a nice vacation?

Yes we are leaving home on April 9th arriving BA on the 10th after about 20 hours of traveling. But we will have the 11th and then even though we board on the 12th the ship does not depart until the 13th. And I agree, we just loved BA when we were there last year and hope to see more of it this time around. It sure beats going back to Brazil!

Gosh, now that I think of it, I wonder if they knew we were coming and making sure that we make the ship if we have flight problems like last March. Laughing

cruiseforme wrote:
Airborne is controversial.....some totally believe in it and some don't.......i feel like if it works for ya then do it..........I use it occasionally, started using Zicam and emergenC........so far so goood , when everyone around me are dropping like flies.....
Oh, I forgot about Zicam. Smile Son swears by it and he's the one who refuses to use nasal spray. Shocked

Whatever works, use it, no matter what the doctor says. My doctor doesn't like the way I am losing weight. Tough bananas, it's my body and I know how it reacts to food.
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 8:50 pm

PH8 wrote:
A frozen Mojito,brenda????????? Now that sounds really good.................Im gonna ask about that this weekend........

ohno Jul.........hope you dont catch it..........

yep I thought the bartender had made it up & he said NOPE & pulled out an Island Oasis carton labeled--Frozen Mojito. they are goooooooooooooooood. have one for me.

-------

https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=3183
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40