Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+14
cruisemasters
Exairgoddess1
TwitchOR
cruisenfever
frudutx
critterchick
Murphy
barbeeAL
crzy4cruising
cruiseforme
GrmyCRS
nancyk2sea
JJ2sail
vlscruiser
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 7:06 pm

Congrats on the D+goodies,Nancy...use them well.....

A Sept celebration cruise sounds good to me,Susan!

Just found the recipe Im making online too................it smells good............hope it tastes as good..(ps--I didnt use cumin)
Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Spicy-beans-with-turkey-sausage-af[/url]
Taste of Home
Spicy Beans with Turkey Sausage

You Will Need

1 lb. smoked turkey sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
1 can (16 oz.) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (15 1/2 oz.) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 1/2 cups frozen corn
1 1/2 cups salsa
1 large green pepper, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
1/2 to 1 cup water (enough to fill cooker at least halfway)
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. ground cumin

What to Do

In 5-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low 5 to 6 hours or until meat is tender. Stir before serving.

Yield: 6 servings ($1.69 per serving)
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 7:07 pm

congrats. when did you make D+? I made it last May & still haven't gotten my tags & pin in the mail Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 7:07 pm

Congrats Nancy on ur D+ package.......

Susan........hope u can get it repaired quickly but then ya know as soon as you do it'll be warm outside!!!

Sooo bored at work today....not much happening....(guess I should watch saying that since the news is showing a girl getting fired for saying it on FB!!!)

Kathy........glad you scored at Kohl's.......Got a 15% off coupon yday...will have to go check out the sale stuff

j
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 7:13 pm

Kathy--I clipped that recipe from Taste of Home, have not tried it yet but thought it looked great.

Brenda--we just made D+ on our Navigator cruises in Jan. I called the C & A desk right after we got home so about five weeks to get here.
Back to top Go down
Murphy
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 7:14 pm

nancyk2sea wrote:
Just got the nicest surprise in the mail--our D+ pins and luggage tags arrived--now we are all set for April!!

Susan--we do have lots of celebrations in Sept.

Congrats on your D+ package!!!! I can't wait for mine! Oh, I forgot, I have to finish the next cruise before I qualify! lol!

Getting a group cruise in Sept is usually hard because so many folks are worried about hurricanes... of course we could do a New England/Canada trip then...
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 7:19 pm

Remember that we are with Sheila/Bob on the Princess New England/Canada trip starting Aug. 29--we plan to celebrate our anniversary during that trip ---would love more company and the prices have gone down
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 7:20 pm

Nancy cheers on getting your D+ stuff. Brenda it wouldn't hurt to call them and ask why you haven't received your D+ package. Smile

Kathy your recipe sounds yummy and the picture really looks good also!

Okay, now why can I remember things like the heat pump but not where I put my keys? scratch
Susan I do hope you warm up soon. The basement sounds like it is turning out very nice. The only basement home I ever lived in was in base housing at Fairchild AFB in Spokane, WA. My first husband used to go down and shoot arrows cause it was just big and empty except for the furnace and laundry stuff.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 7:22 pm

I can't go anywhere this year...... with the Stimulus package of $$$ coming into the state, we are expecting lots of work this summer and my boss is already having heart palpitations when he thinks about me being gone for 2 weeks in July for the River cruise! If I asked for a week in September too, I think I'd be out on the streets looking for a new career! I'd love to join you though!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 7:25 pm

vlscruiser wrote:
Okay, now why can I remember things like the heat pump but not where I put my keys? scratch

Isn't that the truth!!!!

Well, I'm going to go get ready to go out to an early dinner.... we are attempting to get into Olive Garden again.... it was a 2.5 hour wait last time we tried, so hope it's reasonable tonight... BBL
Back to top Go down
TwitchOR
Charter Member
Charter Member
TwitchOR

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 8:07 pm

Murphy wrote:
Hmmm, looking at that list, it seems like we should all do a celebration sailing in September! Not quite, but almost everyone is celebrating "something" that month!
My ex had a birthday in September, not sure if that qualifies but any excuse for a cruise!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 9:47 pm

Evening everyone...........hope everyone had a great Saturday. Ours was a little dramatic.

We now know what it feels like to have your credit card compromised. Crying or Very sad Got a call today at about 4:15 and Jim when answered the phone.........nobody was there. affraid So, he checked the caller ID and it came up Credit Card Fraud...........so he called the number back on his cell phone. Got a lady on the phone that was most unpleasant and did not believe he was who he said he was. Shocked Finally after the third degree, she believed he was who he said he was. Very Happy In the meantime as Jim is getting the royal screws put to him on the phone...............an email alert from BofA came through about suspicious charges on our credit card......which we saw after his phone conversation was over.

Seems that 3 mysterious transactions were placed on our RCI credit card today. One was to the American Red Cross for $10 and two were to the same place and the pending transaction was $1.00 (which we learned later could have turned into a lot more). Have not used that card for anything since the middle of the month.

So, that credit card had to be closed and they are issuing us a new one which we should have within 5-7 business days. Everything will be transferred over to the new card..........and I was a little worried because we are waiting for our rather large credit from RCI due to the generous price reduction on our April 26th cruise.

Still had a bad feeling after talking to this most unpleasant lady so decided to call BofA to confirm. Talked with a nice guy who confirmed everything this very unpleasant lady told us and he assured us that when the credit from RCI is issued it will be posted to the new account number. So that was good news.

We of course are glad that we were alerted and this is the first time since we opened the account back in 2003 that anything like this has happened. In fact............we've never had a problem with any of our credit cards...............knock on wood. Now I have to go and edit and reprint our SetSail Pass.............what a PITA!!!

The funny part of all this is that I have been checking online to see when the credit would show up. I was just online at BofA this afternoon around 3 and everything was OK.

Now on to more pleasantries................

Congratulations Nancy on making D+. Your next mission is to get to 30 credits so you can get your crystal block with the ship etched inside.

Hi Jean2.............I see you are at work and goofy off!! cheers Is Les coming over with June this summer for your Alaska cruise? I think you will like Holland............they have the best pastries and nobody can make bread pudding like Holland can.

Kathy, we get Taste of Home every two months and I saw that recipe. You'll have to let us know how you liked it. They feature some really good recipes............

Gosh, I need a drink after today......................anybody pouring?? Drinks

Last edited by cruisenfever on Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 9:50 pm

and my first wedding date was in Sept!! (9/6/80)..........and funny thing,Dennis' first marriage was 9/7/80!! Same weekend.............and we eventually wound up together.........

anyway,the recipe was really good..........I liked it alot and would make it again!!I dont know that magazine.....Taste of Home???? I got the recipe from Readers Digest..

Wow-you are very lucky the fraud dept caught those charges,Patti........could had been distrastous!!

Almost time to go get Dennis..............be back tomorrow afternoon something(gym and the vet in the am)..........

Later!!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 10:02 pm

Wow.......eventful day for ya Patti............

I'll pour......how about a White wine??? or perhaps a Pomegranate margarita??

Kathy.......post the recipe.......we're always happy to see a new one that's good.

We've had our card changed due to the large TJ Maxx credit card theft......Since then I've paid cash at Tj or HomeGoods......

It's never fun trying to remember all the auto charges on the cc plus it's just irritating that somebody has the gall to think they have a right to your card number!!

j
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 10:05 pm

Hi All Great news about your pins Nancy. Brens you should call the D+ desk and ask about yours.
Patti it sure is scary about your card. We found our ours had been compromised in De when we ent to use it in Russia. I had to callon my Sat Phone and straighten it out. She told me we should have our cards in the mail until I explained we were in russia she wanted to overnight them untl i explained they were dropping the lines on the ship. what a mess.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 10:32 pm

cruiseforme wrote:

Kathy.......post the recipe.......we're always happy to see a new one that's good.

j
I did post it..............look up a few posts.......

GTG~~
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 10:43 pm

TwitchOR wrote:
Murphy wrote:
Hmmm, looking at that list, it seems like we should all do a celebration sailing in September! Not quite, but almost everyone is celebrating "something" that month!
My ex had a birthday in September, not sure if that qualifies but any excuse for a cruise!
Jean, and this point I'm not sure any of us need a reason to cruise together other than we enjoy each others company... but if it makes you feel better, sure it qualifies!!!!

Patti, funny you should bring up the credit card fraud issue because earlier this week I received a replacement credit card for my American Airlines credit card. The accompanying letter stated that there had been a security breech and it was possible my number had gotten into the wrong hands so they reissued me a new card automatically!!! If I hadn't registered the new card by the 10th of the month, the old card would have automatically deactivated! Can you imagine if that had happened when we were on an extended vacation??? YIKES!!! But I guess it's a good thing that they were being proactive!

We got to Olive Garden about 4:50 and there was an hour wait, and we decided to stick it out since we were there so early. I had a LOT of wine, so I'll have another glass if anyone is still pouring!!!! I had a couple glasses at the bar while we waited for the table and when we sat down, they offered us a free sample of their house red, which was about 1/2 a glass so we took it and Ray gave me his. Then when I finished that, I ordered a glass since it was only $5.25 and when she brought it, she brought this HUGE goblet full! Then the bill came and she didn't charge me for it at all!!!! It was a nice dinner!
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 10:50 pm

wow Patti--that is a bummer. why in the world would the first lady be so rude?

back to cleaning--you inspired me Patti & since you won't come to Sunny south Texas---NOOOOOOOOOOOOO snow, I gotta do it myself affraid
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 11:45 pm

crzy4cruising wrote:
wow Patti--that is a bummer. why in the world would the first lady be so rude?

back to cleaning--you inspired me Patti & since you won't come to Sunny south Texas---NOOOOOOOOOOOOO snow, I gotta do it myself affraid
But look how good you will feel when it is all done! That feeling of accomplishment is just over whelming!! roflmao

Have no idea why she was so rude...........of course, when Jim starts asking questions..........and doesn't like the answers he's getting............and keeps asking more questions.............I think she just got frustrated with him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 12:09 am

PH8 wrote:
and my first wedding date was in Sept!! (9/6/80)..........and funny thing,Dennis' first marriage was 9/7/80!! Same weekend.............and we eventually wound up together.........!!

Kathy, MY wedding Anniversary is Sept, 6, 1997. Laughing Laughing Laughing

And yes, we have cruised 4 times on our Anniversary. Laughing

Susan - a 2 hour wait at Olive Garden affraid

Patti - glad you caught that. Funny you mention it because BofA was trying to call me today. I checked the accounts and didn't see anything out of place. Maybe I should have answered the call...just figured it was a telemarketing call. Shocked I will look at them again just in case.
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 1:11 am

yeah I am sure I will feel GREAT once it is done, but I didn't make a dent, nor even a tiny indentation affraid too many years of orthopedic problems & surgeries & then waiting untilretired and then....and then....and then..... truth is I HATE HOUSEWork. since the arm doc released me last week, I have nooooooooooooooo excuse now

just heard on the news that Paul Harvey died--he was 90!!! Surprised

nightie night all
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 3:59 am

I also read that Paul Harvey had passed away. John and I were just talking about him today.

Patti, how scary for you not sure I would have been as calm as you. But Jim was correct to keep asking questions.

Got my weekly Kohls add with a 30% discount attached I really don't need anything though so I doubt I even use it. Too bad I hate for it to go to waste.

Susan we've walked into OG at 5 when it was empty and still had to wait 5 minutes for a table. I think they make you wait because they can.

Anyway almost ready to start my last 2 changes.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 9:46 am

Morning...up early cuz the rains started and it was so loud,the dog started barking.........

Michelle--thats too funny your anniv is Sept 6th.......whats your husband's name so I can add it to the list.............

Susan--they sell Olive Garden wine locally here......maybe by you too?? Its called Principato.not too bad............

Not too sure who Paul Harvey is....sounds familiar......

Well, better get motivated.............TTYL!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 10:00 am

Good Morning!

Jill, in case you log in and check on us... I took care of your Solstice rebooking for you. See you email when you have time!

We ate waaaayyyy too much at OG last night! I need to walk the 12 miles to get to the gym before I even start my workout today to make up for it... but of course that's not going to happen, so I'll have to behave myself and get back on track!

Yes, I've been to OG in the past and waited for a table when they didn't seem full, but I can't blame them on that last night... the line was out the door! My only complaint is that the bar isn't big enough to handle the overflow!

Kathy, Paul Harvey has done a lot of things, but I know him best as the conservative radio show host. "And that's the rest of the story, Paul Harvey... Good Day!"
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 12:24 pm

Morning everyone, it's raining!

Patti glad they caught the fraudulent charges, I suspect the lady gave Jim the third degree because he was calling from his cell. They can tell if you are calling from your home number or not. Make sure you register your cell numbers with the credit card co also. Still no excuse to be rude, but she may have thought she was talking to a thief.

Kathy, Paul Harvey was a Radio News talk guy, who did those stories, that ended "So now you know the rest of the story", if I am remembering correctly. Hadn't heard he died.

Well the snow camping trip ended up getting canceled, after a second car broke down, or the same car broke down again not sure, so Jim was home by Noon yesterday and we went to a King crab feed last night, very yummy but those crab legs were huge and hard to crack!

Have a good Sunday!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 12:32 pm

Morning all

kathy.........oops, guess i fell asleep at the wheel and didn't see that one...looks great!!

dd called and is cooking breakfast up........nice living 2 doors away!

lots of cleaning here to do.....the dust is taking over and since the cleaning crew hasn't shown up, guess I'll have to do it .......

j
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next