Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+14
cruisemasters
Exairgoddess1
TwitchOR
cruisenfever
frudutx
critterchick
Murphy
barbeeAL
crzy4cruising
cruiseforme
GrmyCRS
nancyk2sea
JJ2sail
vlscruiser
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
vlscruiser
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 7:00 pm

Good Afternoon Ladies,

cheers Patti, on the 8 lbs lost. I have found them Mad I don't suppose you want them back? Didn't think so.

Jen the photos of the HGTV house were great thanks for the link to your album.

Jean, you are going to sitting pretty once they do call you about the canceled cruise. Smile

To everyone a big hello! It is breezy but sunny out today. Met Nancy at Costco and did some shopping and visited a bit before coming home to read the boards. Think it is about time for a short nap. Catch you all later.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 8:11 pm

I just got a visit from the upgrade fairy! Cool

Just got an email from Princess, they moved us from deck 5 ocean view cabin to a Deck 12 balcony cabin!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 8:23 pm

Congrats Jen.........The cruise I booked yesterday(guarantee) assigned my cabin already........the lowest inside.,.. affraid jeez-i would had felt better if they didnt assign so fast..............
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 8:25 pm

Jen--great news for you.
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:28 pm

Shorty & Bob - Have a safe trip and great fun with they young ones.

Jen - Congrats on your upgrade.

Kathy - I'm hoping that your cabin assignment is just temporary and that the have a great upgrade soon.

Patti - Good for you!!!! cheers Were you dieting or just shoveling snow?

Ginny - Hope you had a nice nap.

Bren - Yes, I can't believe we ALL stood up and did *that*. We should be ashamed. NOT!! Hope you're feeling better.

Diane - So you got stuck with the problems...sorry.
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:31 pm

cheers To you Jen !for the upgrade.

Kathy hopefully in time they will realize they made a Huge mistake and will rethink their decision.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:39 pm

Congrats Jen..........lucky u!!!!
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:44 pm

Congrats on teh weight loss Patti. now that I am eating again, I am sure my loss will be temporary Crying or Very sad I am hoping to keep it off tho for the next cruise--I always manage to gain a few on every cruise.

Congrats on the upgrade Jen. I have no idea how that feels as the only time I have been upgraded, the bill went along with it!!!

Kathy--I've never done a guarantee, is it for sure that you will bestuck with the first assignment? that would be my luck for sure

Chris--wasn't that sooooooooooooo much fun. boy all those stuffy people were surprised, weren't they? we had alot of fun with Glenn & hope to sail with he & Angie again, just doesn't look like it will be anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:45 pm

JJ2sail wrote:
I just got a visit from the upgrade fairy! Cool

Just got an email from Princess, they moved us from deck 5 ocean view cabin to a Deck 12 balcony cabin!

HappyHappyJoyJoy yeah for Jen ! HappyHappyJoyJoy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:47 pm

Congrats Jen, that's great. Kathy I hope your turn comes too.

I'm packed with bags at the door. Getting ready to settle down and watch LOST.

Heard from June in Australia today. The fires are near her daughters home and they have moved her and her horse and belongings to June's home. The horse sustained an injury during the move and is being treated each day by a vet. The fire is contained by a fire break ut they expect 100 + and north winds on Friday and are afraid the fires will jump. We need to send those strong Polar Bear vibes along with prayers that it won't happen. I told her I wish a gulley washer on her.

I'm taking Mini Me with me so I'll check in from time to time.
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:52 pm

frudutx wrote:
Well it's been a typical Wednesday. Usually it's wall-to-wall conference call/meeting day but today I got the added pleasure of several problems at various customer sites. And this was the morning that I showed up early while everyone else showed up late. So this was the first chance I got to pop by.

Morning oops afternoon it's a gorgeous day here balmy temps and I just may leave a little early.

Guess Jill & Dave are on there way to Boca. I just know they'll have a fabulous time.

So how are all the infirmed today? I think the reason that we've been avoiding this is we don't have any little ones around. When Tricia and Bob were in school we were always getting sick. Most of the people I work with are older and their kids are grown so they don't bring the crap to work either.

Well that's my break/lunch for now.

l8r

d

The gyspies have left town and I believe I have survived. Danny managed to avod them.

Diane I took your crock pot cake as a treat for my staff to celebrate 4 folks that went out of their way to recover a days operations work on their off day the end of January. Every one loved it...your recipe is circulating in AL today...thak you for sharing!

cheers Yeah Patti, way to go... cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:59 pm

Prayers headed down under......thats awful,Sheila......hope they get some much needed rain soon.........

I know with a guarantee you get what you get,but heck,wished it was at least one category higher....oh well, we'll deal with it..........

Would like that recipe ,Diane............I know you psoted it but back then I needed a new crock pot.......now I have one........two actually......a mini one came with the 6.5 quart one I got........all for $28.........whatta deal!!

Nothing on tv for me tonite so that means whatever is on HGTV........

OH,btw......today,being Ash Wednesday is the start of my no alcohol for Lent(and fried foods)...........so if I get carbby,forgive me........hahahahah
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:59 pm

Congrats on the upgrade Jen and WTG Patti on the weight loss!
I'm afraid to even get on the scale since my cruise last week! Maybe I'll get the courage to check by next week!

But.... do check your cruise prices! My Mem day trip went down $20 p/p, so I upgraded to a SO cabin instead! Really should jump to the JS, but I can't justify it just for the weekend....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 11:00 pm

BUT Susan..its worth 2 credits!! I got a deck 8 cabin for my next MN cruise........the SOs are great though...
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 11:04 pm

Yeah, but I only need one credit to hit D+ and figure it doesn't matter after that....

I didn't realize that the OV and Inside cabins on Majesty didn't have safes, so I think the SO is worth it just for that... and who knows, maybe I'll spend the extra $200 for the JS, but I doubt it...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 11:10 pm

or maybe the price will come down................
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 11:12 pm

Nice upgrade, Jen!

Well, I did get an email from my RCI planner and the options they're offering suck,m so I asked if we could go on one of the Radiance itineraries. I used the logic that they are putting people on those cruises, too, from her cancelled itineraries, and besides, I am a muy importante Diamond Plus person. So we'll see if they will do that. They said yes, but I don't have a confirmation in my hand, and that's all that counts.
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 11:32 pm

Prayers and good wishes to June & family. May the rain start and stop the the fires.
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 11:37 pm

Nice upgrade, Jen!

Well, I did get an email from my RCI planner and the options they're offering suck,m so I asked if we could go on one of the Radiance itineraries. I used the logic that they are putting people on those cruises, too, from her cancelled itineraries, and besides, I am a muy importante Diamond Plus person. So we'll see if they will do that. They said yes, but I don't have a confirmation in my hand, and that's all that counts.
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 11:46 pm

Shorty - That's terrible, but we're sending good vibes that June and her family stay safe. Hope that the horse makes it too.

Jean - Hope they "seal the deal" for you.
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 10:05 am

Good morning--

thoughts and prayers for June, this must be so terrible for her family

Headed north for the 5 hr round trip, riding along with Ken today as he takes sil to his treatment. Think I will have to drive next week so want to be familiar with the route-

Have a good day, be back later--
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 10:33 am

Morning........

Safe journey to you,Nancy............

Jean-hope it all works out for you......is it basically the same itinerary???

I know she probably wont be checking in,but want to wish Jill and Dave a very happy anniversary.......cruising is the perfect way to celebrate!!

Another nice day ahead.........think I'll go to the gym(even though I keep coming up with a million excuses not to),then come home and get some stuff done I have been putting off...............

I'll check back in with you all later!!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 11:29 am

Morning all, my day started at 4:30 am. Conference call. I keep telling myself at least I have a job! I have a 12 noon conference call and I plan to bug out right after.

So Kathy here is the recipe for "the cake"

SLOW COOKER CHOCOLATE PUDDING CAKE
18.255 –OZ PKG CHOCOLATE CAKE MIX
3.9 – OZ PKG INSTANT CHOCOLATE PUDDING MIX
2 C SOUR CREAM
4 EGGS
1 C WATER
¾ C OIL
¼ TSP SALT
2 C SEMI-SWEET CHOCOLATE CHIPS
NON-STICK VEGETABLE SPRAY
WHIPPED CREAM
ICE CREAM

COMBINE DRY CAKE MIX, PUDDING MIX, SOUR CREAM, EGGS, WATER, OIL AND SALT IN A MIXING BOWL. BEAT ON MEDIUM SPEED WITH AN ELECTIRC MIXER FOR 2 MINUTES. STIR IN 2 CUPS CHOCOLATE CHIPS. POUR INTO SLOW COOKER SPRAYED WITH NON-STICK VEGETABLE SPRAY. COVER AND COOK ON LOW FOR 5 HOURS OR UNTIL A TOOTHPICK COMES OUT WITH MOIST CRUMBS. SERVES MAKES 10 – 12 SERVINGS. TOPPED WITH WHIPPED CREAM OR ICE CREAM.

I HAVE A RIVAL OVAL CROCK POT AND IT USUALLY TAKE ABOUT 6 -7 HOURS FOR THE CAKE TO FINISH COOKING. I’LL SOMETIMES MIX THIS UP IN THE MORNING AND TAKE IT TO WORK WITH ME AS AN AFTERNOON TREAT FOR THE GUYS.

IT IS VERY RICH AND A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 11:37 am

Thanks Diane...............sounds yummy............
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 12:54 pm

Morning everyone!

Yea I was pretty shocked at the upgrade, I don't know if it's because my Mom is a frequent cruiser on Princess, or if the rest of us are Princess newbies. They did upgrade both cabins and we are still side by side, so glad they didn't screw that up.

Prayers going to June, hope they stay safe.

Have a safe trip Nancy.

We are going to be on the road a lot this weekend too, We got a call that my Son's Boy Scout snow camping trip was going to be cancelled if we didn't come up with another driver, so guess what......... But we can't stay up in the mountains as we have a crab feed to go to Sat night, so we will be making two trips up and back. And I have absolutely no desire to sleep in a snow cave! They think it's going to be fun! HolySheep

Have a good day everyone!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next