Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+10
cruiseforme
nancyk2sea
Exairgoddess1
GrmyCRS
cruisenfever
JJ2sail
jillybabes
frudutx
critterchick
vlscruiser
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
vlscruiser
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 1:26 am

Chris and Martha, sorry about the passing on of your Uncle, you both are in my thoughts.

Will be packing tomorrow evening probably and compare notes with Jen to see once of us took longer. Now Jean I know will pack later then either Jen or I. Laughing

Kathy Party Happy Birthday Party and enjoy your cruise!
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 1:42 am

Chris and Martha, so sorry to hear about your uncle. (((hugs))) to you both.

Virginia, I will be packing on Friday morning while Jen looks pointedly at her watch, LOL!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 9:26 am

Morning all.

Kathy sorry I missed you yesterday: HappyBirthday no excuse I just forgot! Embarassed

Yes, that correct name of the ship parts thread was rather humorous, RAY is someone I'd like to meet "aft hole" roflmao and the guy from England wonder how far up his .... well nevermind .

Chris & Martha sorry to hear about your Uncle. I'm with you in thought.

Mar: We've never been to Honduras so we'll at least have to get off of the ship and do something.

West Coasters: Have a fabulous time on your cruise sounds like another Pajama party? Seems I said that once before and y'all know what happened then!

I go on-call today hopefully things will be quiet for me.

Weather very cool today 67 this morning with rain in the forecast for the next couple of days.

Will check in later.

d
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 10:13 am

Morning Ladies:

Chris and Martha, sorry to hear about your Uncle my thoughts are with you both...

Jen, Jean and Ginny as said b4, have a great time on your mini-reunion...

Storm is expected later today, wind in starting to pick up and very dark...

Will check in Later, Jill Cool
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 12:03 pm

Good Morning Ladies,

Have to get some Laundry done and packed today where does time go?

Been busy car shopping. Son's car has major repairs needed the cost of which are more then car is worth. Looking at selling mine to him and purchase new for myself. He is still thinking about it but I don't what to be rushed into making a decision on what I want and the price, so have been out looking, and searching the internet.

Kids also are starting school next week at the local college in the evenings and that means using my car to get back and forth and getting to work. So I am going to tied up as a driver or not having my car on the spur of the moment. Have put together a flow chart for their needs, grandsons needs and I get it the rest of the time. Laughing
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 12:51 pm

Good Morning!

Chris and Martha, sending you hugs.

Well, I am packed, suitcase is in car, son dropped off at school for first day, and I am at work. I still couldn't decide what to bring last night, so I started filling my suitcase, and then this morning realized I didn't leave room for my cosmetics or curling iron, so pulled out a few things. I still have 3 pairs of sandals packed though! Somehow I just can't narrow down the shoe thing!

Don't worry Jean, I didn't bring a watch! Laughing

Have a good weekend everyone!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 1:38 pm

PH8 wrote:
Thanks all..

Not sure if I'll be back on in the am before we head to the beach......

Have fun on the OTHER COAST cruise Jean,Jen and Ginny......

Sorry to hear abour your uncle,Chris and Martha...so sad.....

Sheila--I just looked at my iron and it says effective on it......have had it several years now......not sure if that is the model name or not.

Well, I'll be back Monday to check up on all of you.....behave!!hahaha

Kathy, I think i missed you. !!!! Embarassed Drats !!!! Well Party HappyBirthday Party and Bob Voyage anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 1:55 pm

Wishing Jean Ginnie and Jen a wonderful getaway. I wanted to get a lot done this morning for our cruise. Seems like I putzed around a lot without much progress to see but I did get a few things done I guess. I start off well then get side tracked trying on stuff and changing my mind affraid I have to go to work just for a meeting and to sub for one of the other instructors so I'm going to stop afterwards at Sam's and look at the irons. If I'm successful then I can really get moving on my packing chores. I have a clip and dip tomorrow afternoon so that's off the list. I'm whittling down little by little. We'll be gone a month again with a variety of temps just like S. America was but without the equatorial stuff. I'm just terrible at making decisions. confused
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 3:12 pm

Afternoon everyone.................

Kathy, did I forget your birthday after you made that wonderful list? Embarassed I did send you wishes on the D/D+ Chat Thread....................

Got my email confirmation today that we will have a table for 2 on the Radiance for our Hawaii cruise. I would really like to sit where WN sat in that little room off to the side...........nice and quiet and you can get in and out without disturbing anyone.

I guess it's time to say Bon Voyage again!
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 3:21 pm

Patti: I'm sure that if you speak to the maitre d' upon your arrival you will get that room off to the side...
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 3:57 pm

jillybabes wrote:
Patti: I'm sure that if you speak to the maitre d' upon your arrival you will get that room off to the side...
Thanks Jill, I'm sure we would................but it just reminds me of the "naughty" room. Laughing Like when you're bad in kindergarten and the teacher made you stand in the corner.

Of course I wouldn't know............... I was a little angel LittleDevil going to Catholic school.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 9:12 pm

Today marks the 5th year anniversary in which trees in our county around power lines caused 50 million people in 5 states and southern Canada to lose power! affraid

Just thought I would pass that little tidbit along.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 10:31 pm

We stayed in town today............supposed to go to Cocoa but it rained all here all day..............thought the whole state was like that........but noooooooooo,come to find out,it was sunny there all day.........aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhhh
Anyway, we were on the go all day and now Im beat..........
I'll talk to you all Monday........have a good weekend...........

PS------nobody missed my b-day.......it was today...........another year older and wiser?????
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 10:59 pm

Thanks everyone....it's comforting to know that when any one of us has sadness in their lives, the SPB's are there with big shoulders. I love you

Patti - Sitting in *that* corner you can spy on everyone Rolling Eyes Funny to think back when her WN "know it all self" informed us that we COULD NOT go to the dining room in our jammies, but she was bound and determined to see what was going on.

To the Three Amigos...HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!

Kathy - ANOTHER HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND BON VOYAGE.
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 1:58 am

Chris and Martha....so sorry to hear about your uncle!

Kathy.... Party HappyBirthday Congratulations

We are still working at the BIG conference.....
Had a very special experience today...and y'all know how much I love "critters"....
During the conference today a little hummingbird flew into the glass walls of the Worship Center (birds do that more often that you would think) and it must have knocked itself out as it was on the ground near a tree....I picked it up to see if it was injured and to keep the scads of people walking around on the patio from squishing it. It seemed to be dazzed, but not injured so I held it for awhile and Bob went and got a tissue box and tore open the top and crumpled the tissues to make a nest. After awhile, I was holding the box in the sun to warm it and was going to take it home as we have a feeder if it didn't come out of it....it did eventually start to come alive...sat on the edge of the box and flapped a little then flew off. I never ever thought I would get to hold a hummingbird...they are so fast and generally keep away...except the ones in our back yard buzz us to tell us when the feeder is empty! They are so tiny and exquisite!! I was just tickled and so relieved it was OK.

3 more fridays and we will be off to Alaska again....Whoo Hoo....Bon Voyage to those sailing!

Mar~
Back to top Go down
critterchick

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 2:48 am

Mar, I love hummingbirds! So cool that you got to hold one. We have tons of them around here, which reminds me that I need to refill the feeders before I leave tomorrow.

I can't find our Set Sail passes - I know I printed them out, but the office is a disaster zone and they're not in the file where they should be. So somebody behind me in line is going to be most unhappy!

Jen has arrived safely - we had a nice dinner and are looking forward to meeting up with Virginia and having a wonderful, relaxing weekend. The last two days have been insane for me, so I can really use the rest!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 11:24 am

Morning everyone.................wishing everyone a great day and to those leaving.........have a wonderful cruise.
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 11:30 am

Good Morning!!

It is Friday and we are having wonderful weather after a nice rain last night.

I forgot to tell you that we also went to the State Fair this week. If you have been watching all of the Olympics info on Shawn Johnson from Des Moines, IA you probably saw that they did an image of her in BUTTER at the Fair. They do a "butter cow" each year then add some other image.

This was our first trip to the Fair but it is listed in "1000 Places to See Before you Die" and we just had to do it.

Have a great day!!
Back to top Go down
critterchick

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 1:41 pm

We had thunder and lightening last night, which upset the young dog (I think Carmen is a wee bit deaf). I was just afraid we'd lose power during the gymnastics, but I got to see Nastia Liukin win the gold - wasn't that amazing! In spite of the judging...

I guess I'll go pack now. I'm trying to break my record of 30 minutes, LOL.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 2:10 pm

Well now I have to brag a little: Nastia is from Parker, Texas and goes to the same gym (WOGA) as the daughter of one of the guys I work with. This same gym was also the home of Carly Patterson Gold Medal winner in the 2004 Olympics Cool

Gotta love those Texans!

d
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 5:22 pm

Jean, trying to break a 30 minute record! I'd never make it. pale

Enjoyed the Ladies Gymnastics last night...........and yes the judging was horrible. I thought Bella Coralie was going to go through the roof. The only thing I didn't like to hear was Nastia's father telling her that in their family.........they would not settle for anything but GOLD! WOW......putting a lot of pressure on that young lady, IMO. Guess that comes from when he was a gymnast himself in Russia and won the Gold.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 5:54 pm

Trying not to nod off here at the puter. I stayed up of course 'til the girls were done and I really enjoyed it even with the crazy judging. The gal in the red jacket who marched herself up to the table was Nellie Kim who took silver to Nadia Comenici back when. She is the head judge and I do believe she was telling them off. She really looked mad and on a mission. affraid

I was up at 6am, guarded, taught 2 classes, and gave swim lessons to 2 ladies, then left the pool at 1pm, ran home jumped in the shower and made it to my clip and dip at 2pm. I stopped on the way home to do some chores and I'm finally done for the day. I am toast.!!!! All this to finance my addiction. I'm hpoing for a little nap and then another good night at the TV. I need to work *am-12noon tomorrow then I hope to get some stuff done.

BB10 was great. Finally no more Libra. Yeh !!!!

We still have windows open but storms are predicted tonight as they have been for the last 3 nights and we haven't had a drop of rain which we badly need.

Patti, which model of Rowenta do you have? There are 2 on sale tomorrow at Macy's
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 5:59 pm

Sheila, I have the Rowenta Advancer Model DZ9080. I find that it really makes ironing so much easier and faster............lots of steam vents.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 10:14 pm

Hello all..........finally home and soooooo exhausted....

Chris and Martha........our condolences to you...Always hard to lose someone.
and once again........FORGIVE ME PLEASE for not calling.....the only 'play' time we get is about midnight to 5am and I hate to call you at those times....

Happy Late Birthday Kathy.........and Bon Voyage

Jen, Jean and Ginny.......Bon Voyage.....and have a great cruise..

Hope everyone is well......

This trip was soooo exhausting.....and extremely stressful......

THEN on Thursday when we FINALLY have an hour to ourselves, our dd calls and says she's going to the hospital to be monitored for several hours as she was having lots of pains......she's only 25 weeks along.....needless to say, we were FREAKED over that and couldn't get home so tried hard to not worry.....

All is ok tho......they think it could be gall bladder possibly so put her on lowfat high fiber diet.....

Now.........shortly it's off to sleep since I think I had a total of about 15 hours this last week..........YUP, LV is short on white zin this week!! Drinks

jul Wink
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 11:20 pm

Jul - No problem...we know you were here on business, plus we were really not into any partying this week. Glad your daughter is ok. Nerve wracking when you are away and al you can do is worry.

Patti - Is it "Ro" that you cruise with??? Rolling Eyes Wink

Bet the three amigos are having a ball tonight, as Kathy and Dennis are too. And here I am at my computer still thinking about all the packing I have to do. So, I'm going to make a list! Hey, that's a start Cheers

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next