Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+10
cruiseforme
nancyk2sea
Exairgoddess1
GrmyCRS
cruisenfever
JJ2sail
jillybabes
frudutx
critterchick
vlscruiser
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 10:29 pm

jillybabes wrote:
Sheila: I guessed who would be nominated b4 Renny made the nominations flower ...
What do you think of the nominations confused ...

Good choices Jill. I too had the same feeling. Will discuss in the am. Now back to the Olympics. Hope its not a late night. I don't think I can take another week like the last one.
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 10:44 pm

Sheila--wondered where you were all day. Hope it was productive for you. I made great progress on sorting things for our cruise even if I cannot start packing yet.

Will wait to see the pics, sounds like you had a fun church service.
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 10:46 pm

Patti--I tried your way to get to b2b reservations, thanks. It does make me feel better to at least know they are there someplace. I really do not like NOT seeing them listed on the start up page.

Thanks again
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 10:59 pm

Barb..........hope u have a great time next weekend....Hope u get to check out the dolphin swim at Dolphin encounters......it was incredible...the foot push was sooo worth the money.

Baby shower was great.........

Have a great week everyone......off to clean up

jul Wink
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 11:23 pm

nancyk2sea wrote:
Patti--I tried your way to get to b2b reservations, thanks. It does make me feel better to at least know they are there someplace. I really do not like NOT seeing them listed on the start up page.

Thanks again
Glad it worked for you Nancy.

At least you can see them and do all of your online check in...............just gotta go through the back door.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:29 am

Mornin' all and it's raining again, woo hoo!

Hey Jill do you think y'all will be ok? We're keeping an eye on the storm.

Julie what a cute idea, two peas in a pod.

Pictures Sheila we need pictures maybe a new avatar!

Ok, I need to get to work. The boss is on vacation this week so I have lots to do this week.

d
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:36 am

Morning Gals...
Di: I think that we should be okay and won't have to evacuate...They are saying landfall will be south of us in Punta Gorda...We will feel the effect, but we can handle it... Kathy should be checking in soon as should our west coast crew!!!
Going to get nails done and out to lunch...
Jul: Glad the shower went well...Later, Jill
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 11:59 am

jillybabes wrote:
Morning Gals...
Di: I think that we should be okay and won't have to evacuate...They are saying landfall will be south of us in Punta Gorda...We will feel the effect, but we can handle it... Kathy should be checking in soon as should our west coast crew!!!
Going to get nails done and out to lunch...
Jul: Glad the shower went well...Later, Jill

Well just remember you always have a place to come!

d
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:03 pm

We're back from Monarch and had our usual fab time. The Captain seems to have taken a liking to us (what's not to like?) so we had sushi with him on Friday night (with the Chief Engineer and Hotel Director) and in the WJ last night (with the HD again). It was great fun.

I danced my ass off - with Trudy gone, Gerald has nobody else. So on Friday night my hair combs went flying, and Saturday nights it was the earrings that took flight. affraid I managed to stay in one piece last night, though.

Painters are here making too much noise, so I"m going to flee to the office in a bit.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:46 pm

Glad y'all had a great time on the cruise, Jean......wish I had been able to go.

Well, dh survived the big C......boy is he loopy tho!!!!!

Waiting for dd to come and relieve me so I can get to work....tons to do for a Monday........

Have a great day y'all....

Sis..........you've got Texas or Missouri to evacuate to!

Batten down the hatches our floridians.......hope all will be good......Punta Gorda sure doesn't need it again, isn't that one area that got whomped one other time???

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 3:37 pm

Thanks for the invites girls, but now the storm shows that it is moving towards Orlando then up the east coast! I don't think the weather people know what they are doing...but glad we have a place to evacuate to I love you if the need occurs...

Welcome back Jean, happy to hear you had a great time...Where is Kathy????
Later, Jill
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 4:13 pm

Jean, it wouldn't be Capt. Rcik Sullivan would it? He is such a love...invited us to formal dinner for my birthday!!

Jill and Sheila....would love to see either one of Rennie's nominees go! Probably would be better to get rid of Jill though.

Mar~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 4:16 pm

Godd Afternoon All. Jean and girls, so glad you had a good time. Wish I could find a dance partner. Bob's a dud when it comes to dancing and I love it.

Jill maybe you guys will escape altogether, I hope so however if it goes across to Orlando and comes up the east coast, I hope it gets done with before Sunday so we can leave on schedule.

Di, I don't have pics yet. Maybe soon.

Need to get some more chores done today so off I go. bounce
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 4:43 pm

Just checking in--

The baby shower theme sounded so cute--

Glad the west coast cruisers had a great time--

Jill--we are closely watching Fay and hope she stays away.

Have a good afternoon--
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 5:19 pm

Mar, yes, it was Captain Rick. He's a doll and a half! He has such a great sense of humor and is such a people person, too!

I wonder what's going on with the Radiance's fall 2009 schedule? All of her Left Coast cruises are showing "N/A" and have for a few days according to Cruise Critic posters. I wonder if they're going to put her on the Hawaii run now that the new interpretation of the Passenger Services Act has been shot down?

Patti, I got an email from our favorite blonde South African Concierge - he said to say hello. He's home on vacation, getting what I'm sure is a well-deserved rest!
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 5:34 pm

Exairgoddessl wrote:
Jean, it wouldn't be Capt. Rcik Sullivan would it? He is such a love...invited us to formal dinner for my birthday!!

Jill and Sheila....would love to see either one of Rennie's nominees go! Probably would be better to get rid of Jill though.

Mar~

Don't you mean April!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 5:50 pm

Here I am...........got home around 9:30...........did my laundry then we went to get some lunch.........

Had a fab time on the SS........got another crystal for her......they had my count wrong........oh well, the SS ones will be rare soon.........

Did a lot of walking in Nassau.took the jitney to the bridge(Paradise Island) and walked over it..........soooooooo steep.......then walked around Atlantis and the beach...........back over the bridge and had lunch.........

In Coco Cay,we just stayed on the ship and enjoyed the quietness of the pool area..........

Great to see old friends(crew) and be glad to get to see them once more..........

Hope everyone else had a good weekend..........I know you Monarch ladies did......

Back later.......

Oh yea, Jill, be careful with the storm..........Busch Gardens is closed tomorrow...
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 6:20 pm

Afternoon Ladies,

Arrived home around 11:40 AM after stopping at my favorite Deli in the Valley. Got a lean cornbeef on rye, yummy!

Weekend was relaxing and fun. I did get out on the dance floor once and I need to build up my ability to stay on the dance floor, big time.

Jean/Don & Jen were great fun to visit with and good laughter all around. Weather was great. Of course I don't think I ever left the inside of ship. No wait I did once to walk and see what was being served around the pool on Sunday for lunch. Smile

You'll have a great day, I have to catch up on paperwork that arrived was I was away.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 7:05 pm

Hi everyone! I guess I am the last one home. Well not exactly home, I am at work. Got here around 2:30. My flight was delayed almost an hour. But otherwise no problems.

Had a great time with Jean and Ginny! Will try to post a couple of pictures tonight or tommorrow.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 8:03 pm

anyone going to book Oasis for Jan 10?????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 8:57 pm

Pretty sure we're booking the inaugural,Jul

Oh,forgot to say,,,,,,,,our coupon books still had the free photo in it.......

So whats the Sushi Bar like on MN??? I dont recall seeing it when I was on it..........since its takes the place of Johnny Rockets,I was wondering if it was a big place or more like a Jade(buffet)??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:50 pm

Glad to hear all the cruisers had a good time. We are in full packing mode for our adventure. All you Floridians, keep your head down. If Fay crosses the state and heads up the east coast, we may get slammed but not at hurricane force I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:57 pm

Jealous of you that are packing..........I wanna go on a cruise.......desperately wanna go anywhere that's not work!

Meeting some cruiser friends tomorrow for lunch that are in town......that'll be a nice break.

The Oasis prices don't look too bad if it's balcony or lower but yikes 4,000 plus per person for the loft??....and the 3/4 prices seem wayyyy high to me.

jul
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:19 pm

Evening all..............and welcome home to all the Polar Bear Sisters. Sounds like you all had a great time and really danced up a storm.

I was surprised at the pricing for Oasis............much less than what I expected for some cabin categories. I think that Thursday is going to be one crazy day at RCI..............I do hope the reps are prepared and have all been given the SAME instructions. Think we'll wait until all the hoopla dies down...............when she becomes just another ship in the fleet..........and then maybe we will book. Very Happy

I did get a surprise today when I went into the RCI website and clicked on My Cruises. Everything is back just the way it was before. Shocked Well, the cruise credits aren't right..........they haven't added Last September's cruise nor our b2b on Splendour..............but the cruise history is there and I can see the C&A Coupons. Had to call C&A today, since My Cruises is set up in LJ's name, and tell them to start sending the quarterly mailings to me in my C&A number.

To all our friends in Florida and up the east coast...............stay safe. We are even suppose to feel the after effects of Fay this weekend...........just depends on if she zigs or zags. affraid
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 12:47 am

Jill, oops, I did mean April!

Patti, I have not been able to get on RCI website today...at least the Crown and Anchor part... I get a screen that says there is maintenance going on. Anyone else having trouble getting in?

Mar~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next