Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+10
cruiseforme
nancyk2sea
Exairgoddess1
GrmyCRS
cruisenfever
JJ2sail
jillybabes
frudutx
critterchick
vlscruiser
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 10:57 am

Chris, I'm sure you weren't..........

I had a vendor give me 14th row tickets to Cher. I asked another vendor (the 29yr old with Breast canx) to go...she was sooo excited and then by the time to get ready to go was sooo exhausted and had to canx. I felt soo bad for her. Dh went with me........pretty good show.....at 62 she can still belt them out.

It was a really emotional show this time what with the one vendor dyinig in June and then this other young girl battling canx. The white zin didn't help a lot in killing the numbness we were all feeling.

Off for a day of **ll at the store...........

Have a great Sat y'all..........

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
jillybabes
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 11:31 am

Nice to have you back Sis, glad that the scare is over for DD too...Nice that you were able to go to the show, but sorry the other gal could not be with you...
Hopefully, you will be able to get some rest sometime later today...

Chris: you had better start packing!!!

I am hoping that the tropical storm will not head our way, currently they are saying Tuesday will be the day, but that can change in a minute...Go Away Fay tongue
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 12:05 pm

Morning everyone.......

Chris, no I cruise with Ro's little sister. Wink

Jul, welcome home and so glad to hear that your daughter is OK. I can just imagine all the emotions she is feeling right now.

Jill, hope that Fay does go away and doesn't affect your area.

Have a great day everyone....................
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 2:53 pm

Well I am now the proud owner of a Rowenta iron Focus model. Thanks for all your input and Jill thanks for your email info. It's absolutely gorgeous here. I hope Fay goes well away from everyone. How about that finish inthe 100m fly last night affraid Talk about a fingernail. I'm glad he got it though. Now tonight we 'll see if the relay guys can get him #8 Daria Torres swims tonight as well and could very well win the gold. Off to read my instruction booklet Laughing
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 3:55 pm

I am in recovery mode from the conference....
Man! there were Secret Service folks crawling all over the campus this week....I guess looking for the cracks in security and places to watch out for.......I AM SO GLAD we won't be there tonight! Everything will be soooooo enforced! All volunteers have to be there by 1 ish! They have to dress very conservative like in pantsuits or dress suits (definitely not Calif. style). CNN, MSNBC, FOX and a few others are going to broadcast the whole thing with McCain and Obama at 5 to 7pm West Coast time, and 8pm on the East Coast. Rick is not going to ask them questions on the "issues" but try to get more at their hearts and what they believe. I certainly hope that he can as I would be voting for the lesser of two evils is my feeling unless they say something tonight to change my mind. Rick will be interview each one separately for an hour each.
We have also had media hangin' around the last few days as well...they all really stand out against the 2400 or so attendees to the conference!!!! Felt like I was in the movie...Men In Black!!!!! har!
We are going to tape it and watch it later...going to a BBQ tonight.

Hugs, Mar~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 7:54 pm

Mar sounds like a busy time at Saddleback tonight. We'll be watching for some responses that will help us decide.

Well ladies I really love my Rowenta. I finished my ironing this afternoon and everything looks great. My old iron never did steam like I wanted it to. This one is great. So another chore checked off my pre-cruise list.

Looking forward to a great night in the pool. Catcha all later.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 10:27 pm

HELP>>>>>>>>>I"M FREAKING OUT!!!

I just went into RCL and I show NO reservations......ok, so that wasn't so bad, but then I had it search for it by res number.....NOT THERE......so then I went to Cruise Critic and looked for the M&M and it's NOT THERE........

WHERE DID WE DISAPPEAR TO????????......

I tried a search for cabins and it's totally sold out too........WHAAATTTT??????

Anyone know what's happening with Jewel on 1/30/09???...

Help me lower my bp.......PUHLEEEZZZZZZZZZZ

I also tried to call RCL and they are closed....

I'm going to start hyperventilating shortly......
j
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 11:19 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
HELP>>>>>>>>>I"M FREAKING OUT!!!

I just went into RCL and I show NO reservations......ok, so that wasn't so bad, but then I had it search for it by res number.....NOT THERE......so then I went to Cruise Critic and looked for the M&M and it's NOT THERE........

WHERE DID WE DISAPPEAR TO????????......

I tried a search for cabins and it's totally sold out too........WHAAATTTT??????

Anyone know what's happening with Jewel on 1/30/09???...

Help me lower my bp.......PUHLEEEZZZZZZZZZZ

I also tried to call RCL and they are closed....

I'm going to start hyperventilating shortly......
j

Sis: I just went to look up the ship and it says no cabins available for your sailing... Sounds like the ship has been chartered, call first thing tomorrow and find out...Don't stress out...Keep us posted...Back to the Olympics...
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 11:24 pm

K........maybe just maybe I'm freaking out prematurely.......

I checked a couple other dates for cruises and they all say sold out.......SURELY rcl hasn't got all sold out ships.....

So for now I'm going to presume that the site is being worked on and that their info is down........

Dh starting his prep tonight for the big C test on Monday......his big Q of the day is "is beer a clear liquid????".....Not sure they mean for ya to drink beer for two days prior to the test......

j
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 11:35 pm

Jul - Hopefully they are just doing the weekend maintenance stuff...that always messes things up for a while. Hope it's not due to a charter. HANG IN THERE...
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 11:40 pm

Jul: It probably is maintenance on the site duh ...Don't worry, be Happy jocolor .... but call in the AM!!!

No Beer for David geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 9:15 am

Good Morning SPB's Another beautiful day here. It was even a little cold this morning. Today is 60's day at our church. Our pastor has been preaching a series of messages on "The Summer of Love" so the conclusion is today and we are all to dress like 1967. I'm going tie-dyed, bare foot and pregnant as my DD was born during the summer of love. Of course I'll have my roach clip too flower afro

Julie I hope the site sorts itself out and it's not a charter. I'm going over to check my stuff now. Tell David beer doesn't count. I kept looking at my wine bottle and thinking the same thing. It doesn't seem fair does it?

How about that Michael Phelps and the US swimmers Cheers Wish Daria had gotten the Gold though.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 11:05 am

Morning All:

Jul, just checked and your cruise is there...Most likely it was maintenance, but did you call yet????

Sheila: Michael Phelps and Dara Torres were wonderful as was the marathon winner from Romania Cheers ...It sure was exciting to watch...Don't forget the papers to go along with the roach clip HappyHappyJoyJoy !!!

Hoping that "Fay" will not have us evacuating, we are at a wait and see mode right now...Wonder how Kathy is doing on SOS affraid ...

Back to reading the paper, will check in Later, Jill
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 11:44 am

Good morning!!

Sheila--would love to see you 60's outfit. What is Bob wearing?

What a night for TV. We watched the program from Saddleback then back to the Olympics. Home from church already and plan to do lots of projects in front of the TV.
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 11:46 am

Jill--we are also closely watching Fay. Sure do hope you do not have to leave, then we really have to worry about Aunt. We hope things will be good at our house, guess it is wait and see.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 11:59 am

Good morning................

A beautiful day here............windows still able to be opened. Tomorrow they might be closed with A/C running again.

Jul, they do maintenance over the weekends. But, like Jill said............I would still call.

Mar, caught bits and pieces of Saddleback...........sure was crowded. Looked for you.

Hoping that Fay does not affect our bears in Florida.............stay safe everyone.

Sheila...........I can't even remember what the style was back in the 60's.

Have a wonderful day.............going to watch our son play softball.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 12:43 pm

Hi everyone! Having a great time on Monarch. Tried to post earlier, but it disappeared? Now my minutes are used up!

Will catch up with you all tommorrow night.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 4:02 pm

Thanks for the maintenance advice......YIKES, why do they do that??....are they not bright enuff to figure out how to maintain the site without making everything disappear???.....Jeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Getting ready for dd's baby shower today..........the theme is "two peas in a pod" so I made a 'pea pod' diaper cake, wrapped two lindt truffles in green tissue to look like a pea pod.......sooo far, pretty cute....didn't know I was so creative!!!

Now down to blast off........only about an hour and lots of piddly to finish up so have a great aft.......

Hope the gals are having a great time on the Monarch.......

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 4:09 pm

Patti, we didn't go last night to Saddleback as we had been there all week, and having seen the headache of security when Hillary came to the AIDS Conference we decided to stay well away. Did watch it when we came home (taped it) and it helped to see the heart of each man and helped us decide whom to vote for. Got nice emails from friends in other states about last night's broadcast.

Dragged out my big suitcase today...will get started on the packing for Alaska this coming week.

Haven't been to the RCI website to see what is going on...but I just heard that RCI took Progreso out of one of our Voyager itineraries....so maybe that is what they are up to. Di and I said we didn't really care on our thread....we just wanna CRUISE!!!

Hugs, Mar~
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 4:10 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
Thanks for the maintenance advice......YIKES, why do they do that??....are they not bright enuff to figure out how to maintain the site without making everything disappear???.....Jeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Getting ready for dd's baby shower today..........the theme is "two peas in a pod" so I made a 'pea pod' diaper cake, wrapped two lindt truffles in green tissue to look like a pea pod.......sooo far, pretty cute....didn't know I was so creative!!!

Now down to blast off........only about an hour and lots of piddly to finish up so have a great aft.......

Hope the gals are having a great time on the Monarch.......

jul Smile

How cute!

I checked the my cruises last night, I had none, they are back this AM

Hope all our crew thai is on a on ship is having a blast..

Now I am packing for next weekend HappyHappyJoyJoy
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 4:32 pm

Marilyn--we really enjoyed the program last night, thought the questions were thoughtful. We knew who we were voting for but this just reinforced our decision.
You must be so pleased to be involved.

Good luck on the packing, I did a few things today but have to keep it to a minimum until after my sis visit this week. We like to spread out in the extra bedroom.
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 4:43 pm

Nancy...we are spreading out in the extra bedroom as well for packing.

I just tried to get on the RCCL website just to see what Y'all are tlaking about and got a screen saying RCCL.com is down for routine maintenance. Wish they would fix it all....like our cruise histories!!!!!!

Mar~
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 9:15 pm

Evening all..........

I am so excited.........I just learned how to view b2b reservations on the RCI site. If anyone is interested here is what you have to do.

On the Main Page.............

Go to Before you Board (DO NOT click on your name....do not sign in)
Then click on Countdown to Cruise (Again, DO NOT click on your name....do not sign in)
Click on Retrieve your reservation (located on left hand side under Countdown to Cruise)
Now enter your last name, booking number, sailing date and ship

It will bring you up to your first cruise and at the bottom of the page it will show the linked reservation (second part of b2b)
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 10:04 pm

Sheila: I guessed who would be nominated b4 Renny made the nominations flower ...
What do you think of the nominations confused ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 10:21 pm

nancyk2sea wrote:
Good morning!!

Sheila--would love to see you 60's outfit. What is Bob wearing?

What a night for TV. We watched the program from Saddleback then back to the Olympics. Home from church already and plan to do lots of projects in front of the TV.

Nancy, Bob wore jeans and a tie dye shirt with sandals the he wore a long hair wig and a head band with round wire rims. He looked a lot like Ozzie Osbourne. HappyHappyJoyJoy Pics were taken so if I get one I'll post it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next