Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+8
critterchick
Exairgoddess1
barbeeAL
frudutx
cruisenfever
cruiseforme
GrmyCRS
jillybabes
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 12:30 pm

Good Morning All and Happy Valentine's Day. I love you I love you

Jill and Diane and Kathy thanks for your input. I'll be finalising the list later. The sun is shining brightly today and it makes all the difference. Even although it's cold, I feel so much better for seeing sunshine. sunny
I'm off to have a discussion with Custom Air and our TA this morning re: our flight back form Lisbon in April. I think it's too tight and I'm even more annoyed now when I couple it with the fact that they took our N.Africa ports away yesterday. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 1:43 pm

I think its so unfair when they change ports AFTER final payment......after all, what can you do??
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 3:09 pm

Happy V day to everyone.......

Well....dd's surgery went well cheers .....it was caused again by the 'thyroiditis'...vicious little virus, she had that 5 years ago....guess it either never went away or it came back........of course, they run a biopsy but he said that should be fine.....she's sleeping off all the meds...

Sooooo...sitting here at hosp, bored and goofing off online......thank goodness for wifi!!!!!!!!

Diane......I have my digital frame on my desk with all the AK pics on it......laugh every time it circles to the pj breakfast.....

Did anyone read the lastest c&a flyer from C&A??....one of the answers for the 'most memorable' question contest was a Edwin or something from Washington......Is that Ed & Mary????....his answer was "wearing my pj's to the dining room for breakfast"......that was the SAME thing I wrote!!! how funny.......guess it made the MOST MEMORABLE event in a lot of our minds!!

Back to goofing off......have a great day.......thanks for the good wishes for dd...

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 3:31 pm

PH8 wrote:
I think its so unfair when they change ports AFTER final payment......after all, what can you do??

Yes, in this case it's not like you're going to Playa del Carman instead of Costa Maya. I think I'd be very disappointed too.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 3:40 pm

cruiseforme wrote:

Well....dd's surgery went well cheers .....it was caused again by the 'thyroiditis'...vicious little virus, she had that 5 years ago....guess it either never went away or it came back........of course, they run a biopsy but he said that should be fine.....she's sleeping off all the meds...

Sooooo...sitting here at hosp, bored and goofing off online......thank goodness for wifi!!!!!!!!

Diane......I have my digital frame on my desk with all the AK pics on it......laugh every time it circles to the pj breakfast.....

Did anyone read the lastest c&a flyer from C&A??....one of the answers for the 'most memorable' question contest was a Edwin or something from Washington......Is that Ed & Mary????....his answer was "wearing my pj's to the dining room for breakfast"......that was the SAME thing I wrote!!! how funny.......guess it made the MOST MEMORABLE event in a lot of our minds!!

Back to goofing off......have a great day.......thanks for the good wishes for dd...

jul Smile

Hey Jul. Glad all went well. I read that flyer too and spotted Marianne (Cruisinfool) on CC I think. She is wearing one of our Cafe Press shirts and they described it as her "Alaska Member Cruise Shirt" Makes it sound like RCI put it out. The one they put out was a long sleeve T-shirt. Mar and Barb should get the kudos for that one. We also spotted Ernie and Elsie dancing in the Centrum. Does anybody remember them? He looks like Jimmy Stewart and they are a wonderful couple. We have cruised with them before and expect to see them again on our TA's we have booked. He doesn't even have a computer so he 's not on here anywhere.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 3:43 pm

Ernie and Elsie were AWESOME dancers..........i could watch them alllll night........course, I LOV to dance but I have a dh with NO rhythm and 2 left feet...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 4:22 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
Ernie and Elsie were AWESOME dancers..........i could watch them alllll night........course, I LOV to dance but I have a dh with NO rhythm and 2 left feet...

I have one of those too Jul ImSorry for both of us.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 4:30 pm

cruiseforme wrote:

jul Smile
Hey Jul, so glad to hear that dd surgery went well. Bet you are glad that's over.

You know, I saw that in the C&A magazine and couldn't for the life of me figure out who it was. But you are right, it was Ed of EdandMary!!

I especially liked the comment made by Mary Lou (that's our favorite person, right Jill)............"Mt. McKinley. How Beautiful!" What port were we able to see Mt. McKinley? I thought that Mt. McKinley was located near Denali National Park and I know we weren't any where near Denali!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 4:35 pm

Patti...........I wondered the same thing..........figured she meant "Mt St Helens"?!?!.......
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 4:46 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
cruiseforme wrote:

jul Smile
Hey Jul, so glad to hear that dd surgery went well. Bet you are glad that's over.

You know, I saw that in the C&A magazine and couldn't for the life of me figure out who it was. But you are right, it was Ed of EdandMary!!

I especially liked the comment made by Mary Lou (that's our favorite person, right Jill)............"Mt. McKinley. How Beautiful!" What port were we able to see Mt. McKinley? I thought that Mt. McKinley was located near Denali National Park and I know we weren't any where near Denali!

John and I were wondering the same thing we recognized her but couldn't remember her name. And, I saw the quote from ML but ignored it! tongue I can still see her holding court on deck 7 like she owned the place.

Didn't see EdandMary will have to take a closer look tonight, of course I think most of the same photos are online.

Julie I have thyroid issues myself glad to hear your DD is ok. It's a b---- of problem to have.

Off to yet another meeting.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 6:13 pm

cruisenfever wrote:

Not sure if you are being fascious(?) about her being your fav person,but does that not sound like a comment,someone else we know(from OH) would say???

I looked at the pics for any of you......they should have put the pajama breakfast in......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 6:21 pm

Speaking of CCC.just had to see what she has been up to......

Translation,please?? confused Whats a dressed table????

Then bar on 10 pressure washes its area at 2AM every night flooding our balcony with smelly stuff & cushiioned chairs & dressed table was a mess!

then we have this one..... confused confused

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon1 My husband is!

A Technical guru at CSU. I have Windows XP Pro on my desktop as does he on his. My laptop is Vista & Vista got thru to do our In Advance registration that went to his printer (laser) to print. Freaked him right out when he hadn;t asked it ot print anything & I come running up the stairs yelling that is the laptop printing! Then a Police Sargeant comes runnig over that is computer just blew. SO over he goes & replaces a few screws that he had. All is fine. Turns out his kids knocked it on the floor last night. I told him home is for them not CPD!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 6:46 pm

PH8 wrote:
Speaking of CCC.just had to see what she has been up to......

Translation,please?? confused Whats a dressed table????

Then bar on 10 pressure washes its area at 2AM every night flooding our balcony with smelly stuff & cushiioned chairs & dressed table was a mess!

then we have this one..... confused confused

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon1 My husband is!

A Technical guru at CSU. I have Windows XP Pro on my desktop as does he on his. My laptop is Vista & Vista got thru to do our In Advance registration that went to his printer (laser) to print. Freaked him right out when he hadn;t asked it ot print anything & I come running up the stairs yelling that is the laptop printing! Then a Police Sargeant comes runnig over that is computer just blew. SO over he goes & replaces a few screws that he had. All is fine. Turns out his kids knocked it on the floor last night. I told him home is for them not CPD!
Gee, her husband has gone from being a Professor to working for the Governor to a Technical guru. A very multi talented man he is. I sure didn't get that impression of him when he was on the cruise. Anybody who walks 5 paces behind their wife is a real pansy!!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 6:49 pm

PH8 wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:

Not sure if you are being fascious(?) about her being your fav person,but does that not sound like a comment,someone else we know(from OH) would say???

I looked at the pics for any of you......they should have put the pajama breakfast in......
Of course I am being fascious (I don't know how to spell it either)!!

She was a royal pain in the backside the whole trip. I think ML and Wingnut were vying for who would get the prize for the most complaints!!
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 9:15 pm

We must be speaking of Mary Lou P.U. also known as (PITA)...

I have not gotten the magazine yet, but read about it on our Liberty Pre Inaugural thread, (right Kathy)...Marianne is still in SA on the Splendor...

Juls: Glad your DD is ok...I too have thyroid condition, guess that's why Diane and I get along so well...Patti, if memory serves me correctly don't you also have thyroid problems...

Done packing, now all we have to do is wait til Sat. afternoon to drive over to Port Canaveral...Later, Jill
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 9:42 pm

jillybabes wrote:

I have not gotten the magazine yet, but read about it on our Liberty Pre Inaugural thread, (right Kathy)...Marianne is still in SA on the Splendor...

Juls: Glad your DD is ok...I too have thyroid condition, guess that's why Diane and I get along so well...Patti, if memory serves me correctly don't you also have thyroid problems...

Done packing, now all we have to do is wait til Sat. afternoon to drive over to Port Canaveral...Later, Jill
Oh yes ML P.U. She never had anything nice to say about anyone on the ship.

Did Marianne and Herb do the Splendour Member's Cruise which actually started on February 10? I sent Rachel an email wishing her a great trip and she responded while on the ship.

Yes I do have thyroid problems thanks to HRT!! Doctor lowered my dosage on my Synthroid in December and I go back to see her the end of the month after having some blood drawn next week. I feel a lot better, so we shall see if the lower dosage is working.
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 10:36 pm

Since my post vanished last night HAPPY VALENTINES DAY LADIES & Phil, of course.

I figured out what happened...that little message you get that someone was posting at the same time. You have to hit send again DUH! Oh well, live and learn.

Jul - Great news that all went well with your daughter. Hope she makes a speedy recovery.

Diane - Glad you're doing a bit better.

Jill and Jen - Hope you both have fabulous cruises. Who's next???

Sheila - I had mentioned in the "lost post" a couple of things, but it's too late for your quest now. Hope the party was a blast.

Sheeeeeesh, there is more than ONE PITA??? Guess I missed running into "that" one.

We had horrible wind all night, but thankfully it eased off today. They had forcasted it to last until 6 p.m. tonight. Punishment for me posting about our great weather (like Kathy). So you'll be happy to know it's pretty darned cold here and there were snow flakes flying in the southwest part of town this afternoon.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 11:19 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
jillybabes wrote:

Oh yes ML P.U. She never had anything nice to say about anyone on the ship.

Did Marianne and Herb do the Splendour Member's Cruise which actually started on February 10? I sent Rachel an email wishing her a great trip and she responded while on the ship.

Yes I do have thyroid problems thanks to HRT!! Doctor lowered my dosage on my Synthroid in December and I go back to see her the end of the month after having some blood drawn next week. I feel a lot better, so we shall see if the lower dosage is working.

I know that they left on the 2nd of Feb and were doing a b2b...Who can keep track of those two, always cruising sunny!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 11:48 pm

Facetious.....one of my FAVORITE words.... HappyHappyJoyJoy

Ominous and curmudgeon are two more!!!

Hopefully heading to St Louis tomorrow late aft.........figured I'd make the drive easy going home and go 1/2 way and stay instead of staying here and driving all the way on Sat.....

Anything to keep me from working!!

The surg center my dd is in seems really nice.....but the food?!?!?......Boston Market tv dinners!!...Healthy choice microwave soup?!?!?!.....I've heard of bad hosp food but YIKES!!

Have a great evening y'all

oh yea.....CCC.....didn't understand a THING of that........course, that's not unusual......

jul Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 1:19 am

Hi all. The party went well. Everybody had fun. we did the Quest (Sanitised) and the Not So Newlywed Game. I got questions off the internet for that. I'm tired now and going to bed. I have to open in the morning. G'night SPB's Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 10:45 am

Good Morning SPB's

Sheila: Glad you had a successful Quest and Newlywed Game...

Jul: Safe travels...

Going for nail and ped appt this morning and haircut this afternoon, will check in Later, Jill
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 12:00 pm

Good morning and Bon Voyage to all those cruising and have a safe trip home,Jul!!

Also getting my nails doene(must be a FL thing) Very Happy but its not cuz I am going on a cruise.. No

Later all.........
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 2:28 pm

Afternoon everyone..........the sun has disappeared and it is very gloomy here today with flurries in the air. Please just make it stop already!!

To all those returning................WELCOME HOME Welcome

To all those leaving...................BON VOYAGE GoodLuck

To all those getting beautified.....Have fun Cool

Have a wonderful day...................check back later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 8:07 pm

I just had a knock down drag out with someone from Adam Goldstein's office who handed me a line of bull @#$% about the cancellation of our 2 N.African ports. I had emailed to ask why we were not informed in a better manner. I received a phone call from a woman who really teed me off with a bunch of lies including the fact that my TA was informed back in April of 2007 and should have told me. FlamingMad Long story short I challenged her and she put me on hold and came back with a whole other story. Now I've emailed back to complain about her so I'm thinking that Splendour will have a file with my name on it. "Mrs Spangenberg we know all about you" affraid HappyHappyJoyJoy
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 10:12 pm

TGIF!!!

Shorty - Sorry you had a problem with that person. When they cancelled Kauai on our Happy Coconuts cruise, we got some reimbursement. Maybe Patti will remember for certain, but I think we got a little discount. They should do that for you or are they giving you another port? Glad the party went well.

NOW I AM HAPPY DOING THE PASSPORT DANCE!!!! Cheers WooHoo Applied on February 2 and it was here today! Didn't even request expedited service. Maybe the fact that it was stolen helped (some consolation). The new picture still makes me look like I need the vacation, but not nearly as much as the old one did.

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next