Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+8
critterchick
Exairgoddess1
barbeeAL
frudutx
cruisenfever
cruiseforme
GrmyCRS
jillybabes
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
jillybabes
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 11:56 am

Morning All: Computer issues has me off line yesterday, but I'm back today...

Oh Boy, what a bunch of bull that CCC is handing out...All that stuff was given to us on the Member's cruise....

Bon Voyage Chris, Martha and Mar, have a great time and think of us while you are away...
Have to catch up on my email so will return in a bit....Later, Jill Cool

Cloudy here today...woke up to rain this morning...
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 12:44 pm

Murphy wrote:
She's a piece of work! No one bought that for her! What a bunch of crap! But, it is unique, so she's probably sell it!

Yes, Kathy, I could easily become a snowbird! If only I could find a 50/50 job that would let me work here in the summer and there in the winter!

Yes she is, looks like the "little princess" is upset that the threads over there aren't as active as the RCCL threads. And, now she complaining about the M&M's that are sponsored by RCCL and why NCL doesn't have them. And, how she has planned gift exchanges in the past.
Quote :
CC promotes Meet & Greet with RCCL, so parties are posted when & where, gifts are brought for a ticket pull by RCCL personnel. I have done gift exchanges on cruises I am on.

But now on NCL, I see folks signing up & posting to Roll Call. But they always ask who wants to be the party voice and many just say to meet at the bar after lunch at embarkation. I looked for the party list for NCL and there isn't any. So CC needs to get involved with NCL for cruisers so we get the same as RCCL cruisers.

Poor baby guess she won't get to carry home any freebees.

d
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 1:14 pm

I'm sorry I couldn't help myself, I just found this posted beneath one of you know who's posts:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=704051&page=5

Quote :
I'll try posting this again.... CC server can't handle much again
Jen, don't judge a poster by their avatar.
I can guarantee you that a peace officer would not
1. make that kind of $$ that they have to put it in an off shore bank
2.advertise that he is a cop with obvious names or pictures

Unless he was a high ranking officer the $$ would not be there, but then he would never advertise it or post his picture here.

I know of one cop only that has ever posted his picture here and he is very very foolish to do that.
And you can take this information to the bank.

The poster is dabbercat, Patti do we know who this person might be?

I just wanted to stand up and cheer when I read it. HappyHappyJoyJoy

d
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 1:51 pm

Morning everyone,

Jill, I do not know who dabbercat is, but I loved the response made. I especially got a kick out the part where she wrote an ad for AMEX to not take your purse but pit in trunk. What is she now, a crew member on the NASCAR circuit!! Laughing

People over there don't realize that she was with the Auxiliary Unit and they DO NOT get paid, they do not draw a salary, they can not carry a fire arm (thank goodness). They are volunteers. Now, they might work some jobs where they would get paid an hourly rate..........but otherwise they are just tag alongs to the regulars. You can't even consider her a Meter Maid........because they do get paid.

Weather here is cold and we had a dusting of snow. But at least the rain has stopped. Now our lakes in the backyard are frozen ponds. Too bad I don't know how to ice skate.

Havae a great day.............catch ya later.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 2:37 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Morning everyone,

Jill, I do not know who dabbercat is, but I loved the response made. I especially got a kick out the part where she wrote an ad for AMEX to not take your purse but pit in trunk. What is she now, a crew member on the NASCAR circuit!! Laughing

People over there don't realize that she was with the Auxiliary Unit and they DO NOT get paid, they do not draw a salary, they can not carry a fire arm (thank goodness). They are volunteers. Now, they might work some jobs where they would get paid an hourly rate..........but otherwise they are just tag alongs to the regulars. You can't even consider her a Meter Maid........because they do get paid.

Weather here is cold and we had a dusting of snow. But at least the rain has stopped. Now our lakes in the backyard are frozen ponds. Too bad I don't know how to ice skate.

Havae a great day.............catch ya later.

Patti: I think you meant to say Diane bounce ...Later, Jill Cool
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 4:04 pm

Quote :

Have your packing list together yet?

d
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 4:11 pm

jillybabes wrote:

I sure did! Embarassed

frudutx wrote:
Packing list, what packing list?? I don't use a packing list. It's just kind of routine........everything has a category and I put things together that way. Like, night clothes, day clothes, evening clothes, under clothes, outer clothes, shoes...........and then, of course the essentials of making one smell and look good!! Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 4:34 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
jillybabes wrote:

I sure did! Embarassed

frudutx wrote:
Packing list, what packing list?? I don't use a packing list. It's just kind of routine........everything has a category and I put things together that way. Like, night clothes, day clothes, evening clothes, under clothes, outer clothes, shoes...........and then, of course the essentials of making one smell and look good!! Laughing Laughing

I meant Jill's packing list. We're starting to sound like ThreeStooges .

d
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 4:43 pm

I can't believe this - we leave for Atlantis in a little over three weeks, and my toiletries are packed! I got so tired of the last minute frenzy that I decided to refill everything before I put the kit away. I'm in a daze!

My cellphone battery is slowly dying and I'm coincidentally eligible for an upgrade on my AT&T contract (planned obsolescence, anyone?). I've decided that I don't want to bring my laptop with me anymore, so I'm now looking at smartphones (iPhones, Treo, Moto Qs) so I can just use a small device (and strong reading glasses) to check email and surf the Internet if the spirit moves me. I keep looking at the iPhone, but I still think that the price is based as much on hype and coolness as on actually functionality. Do any of you SPBs have a "latest and greatest" phone and comments?

Let's see, who leaves this weekend? Chris & Martha? The weather is GORGEOUS today - still a little cool, but we're in a warming trend and it's supposed to be in the 70s by the coast this weekend. I ordered it just for you - enjoy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 5:02 pm

frudutx wrote:

The poster is dabbercat, Patti do we know who this person might be?

d

Thats what i want to know about Becky Thane.......once again,she is there giving it back to CCC..

Love the one poster who had to explain FICO score info to her........

I just wish someone would come out and ask her if she was a real cop.......

Rainy day here.............went and met my daughter for lunch(1/2 way between here and Tampa--where she lives)......had good old comfort food.Cracker Barrel...........

But now Im home and staying put.........

BON VOYAGE to Chris and Martha............anyone else??? confused
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 5:19 pm

frudutx wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:
jillybabes wrote:

I sure did! Embarassed

frudutx wrote:

d
I'm sorry.........is she going away AGAIN!!!!!!!!! LJ just pop in here and was reading over my shoulder and said that there is always some SPB coming or going!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 5:21 pm

cruisenfever wrote:

I'm sorry.........is she going away AGAIN!!!!!!!!! LJ just pop in here and was reading over my shoulder and said that there is always some SPB coming or going!!
Its either Jill or Jean.... Razz
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 5:34 pm

critterchick wrote:
I can't believe this - we leave for Atlantis in a little over three weeks, and my toiletries are packed! I got so tired of the last minute frenzy that I decided to refill everything before I put the kit away. I'm in a daze!

My cellphone battery is slowly dying and I'm coincidentally eligible for an upgrade on my AT&T contract (planned obsolescence, anyone?). I've decided that I don't want to bring my laptop with me anymore, so I'm now looking at smartphones (iPhones, Treo, Moto Qs) so I can just use a small device (and strong reading glasses) to check email and surf the Internet if the spirit moves me. I keep looking at the iPhone, but I still think that the price is based as much on hype and coolness as on actually functionality. Do any of you SPBs have a "latest and greatest" phone and comments?

Let's see, who leaves this weekend? Chris & Martha? The weather is GORGEOUS today - still a little cool, but we're in a warming trend and it's supposed to be in the 70s by the coast this weekend. I ordered it just for you - enjoy!

Well, I don't have a phone that connects to either email or internet but my team leader does. I think the company has a deal with AT&T and he has a blackberry. I sometimes receive emails that he's sent from it, they're usually very brief. He says you'd have to get a data plan and they can be expensive so shop around. He doesn't connect to the internet but he has plans for both his kids and I guess he gets some kind of deal (multiple units discount) because it only costs $5 per month per unit.

FYI I'm like you I always keep my travel stuff ready to go (for the most part).

Hope that good weather comes this way, we were just noticing today that DST goes into effect on 3/9. Here in Texas we'll soon start seeing daffodils and crocus. I need to try to prune back my crepe myrtles this week end, it didn't get done last year and they're very bushy.

d
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 5:38 pm

critterchick wrote:

Jean hold that weather for mee too!! This time next week I should be half way to LA!

Regarding cell phones, I just upgraded all 7 of our AT&T cell phones. They had some good deals. We got Motorola Razors for free. But they also had some Blackberry's and such at a pretty good price. Go online and see what they are offering and then call them. It was much easier than going into the store and trying to do it. I tried to order online but their system would not let me do 7 phones. We didn't even have to pay tax or shipping this time, and we got them in 2 days by FEDEX.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 5:38 pm

frudutx wrote:
Quote :

d

Yep, did it yesterday afternoon when puter went down...
We have decided to forego the dining room the first week and opt for either the WJ or Johnny Rockets, or possibly dine in San Juan the night we are there. We will be smart casual but are not dressing for formal night...The second week, we will be sitting with a couple from CC so that should fun and we will do formal night!...Later, Jill Cool
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 5:42 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
frudutx wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:
jillybabes wrote:

I sure did! Embarassed

frudutx wrote:

d

Yes, she leaves on the 17th for a B2B on Mariner. Well, let's face it, with so many of us still keeping in touch there's bound to be one of us going somewhere. Wish we had a couple ships going out of Galveston like the "old" days. We could go more often.

Yesterday I got the Crucon email on the Voyager repo and it was almost to good to pass up. $749/person $100 OBC and that was a balcony guarantee before the C&A credit. But, this first half of the year is just gonna be a B---- here at work and I just can't get away. Besides when I mentioned it to John his first comment was, but I don't see a stop in Hawaii there. Oh well maybe next year.

d
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 5:44 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
frudutx wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:
jillybabes wrote:

I sure did! Embarassed

frudutx wrote:

d

Yes, she is Cheers Mariner B2B 2/17 Eastern, 2/24 Western...We are leaving on 2/16 and spending the night in Cocoa hoping that we won't be in too much traffic it being Daytona 500 and all...
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 5:45 pm

jillybabes wrote:
frudutx wrote:
Quote :

d

Yep, did it yesterday afternoon when puter went down...
We have decided to forego the dining room the first week and opt for either the WJ or Johnny Rockets, or possibly dine in San Juan the night we are there. We will be smart casual but are not dressing for formal night...The second week, we will be sitting with a couple from CC so that should fun and we will do formal night!...Later, Jill Cool

Yes, you did mention that, guess I was having a CRS moment. lol!

d
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 5:47 pm

D: We are on at the same time and posting at the same time... sunny
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 5:49 pm

How do you like my new avatar????
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 5:54 pm

jillybabes wrote:
How do you like my new avatar????

Yes I do I was going to ask you where and when you had that picture taken.

d
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 6:13 pm

November, Radiance cruise with the ARRG!!! Taken by "Big Dave" from Cincy!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 6:26 pm

jillybabes wrote:

I recognized the necklaces but knew it hadn't been taken on our recent cruise.

Love the jewelry, you do have a knack Very Happy .

d
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 6:42 pm

frudutx wrote:
jillybabes wrote:

I recognized the necklaces but knew it hadn't been taken on our recent cruise.

Love the jewelry, you do have a knack Very Happy .

d

Thanks, "Fred" I love you ...
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 6:53 pm

GO PHIL GO!!!!

Quote :
I take postings here by people I don't know and trust my instincts on with a grain of salt and I certainly wouldn't share my credit rating on a public message board such as this. Seems pretty foolish to me as has already been mentioned by JenDalessan. Some like to pretend that they are something they are not and it's very easy to hide behind the screen and post making yourself appear more important than you really are.

It is more than likely that someone whose occupation suggests they are a police officer is a retired member of the Auxiliary Police Unit and as such, although having done a very worthwhile service is no more than a volunteer and far away from being what they say they would have you believe.

I'm running for President. Did I tell you that?Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Wink

Phil

From the same thread as earlier!
You'd get my vote of course I'd have to ask if you were born in the US first? lol!

d
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next