Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+8
critterchick
Exairgoddess1
barbeeAL
frudutx
cruisenfever
cruiseforme
GrmyCRS
jillybabes
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 6:25 pm

Afternoon, it's been one of those days. Hey that would make terrific lyrics for a song! Very Happy

Welcome back Barb, hope you're feeling somewhat better today. How is your Sister and the rest of the family doing? And, I've been meaning to ask I see you're doing Voyager when? flower

Patti, left the window down. hmm I have nothing at all to say about that.

Just warm here today with a chance of rain. Very cloudy.

There's a travel agent in town that's having a C&A event tomorrow evening. They're going to talk about Genesis. I think John & I will go to see what's happening. I'll report in on Wednesday am. Secret

I'll checkin later this evening.

d
Back to top Go down
Murphy
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 9:30 pm

Hi all. The snow has held off so far! Ray is still working as it is "supposed" to be here any minutes, but nothing yet! Woo Hoo! I'm so easily amused!

Jul, soup and a day at home sounds great! Hope you enjoyed it.

Barb, welcome back... (((HUGS))) to you and yours.

Patti, keep warm and dry!

Diane, loved your comment about Patti's window! Smile

Sheila, HELLO!

I ordered my C & A Visa reward coupons for our Grandeur trip before I left for FL and they came today! Woo Hoo! Gotta love "free" money! Hummmm, wonder how I'll spend it all!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 9:55 pm

What I did on this "dreary" winter day (heheh--dont hate me,you northeners Smile )

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 2558375580042692775S425x425Q85

Ducking to avoid incoming.... hide
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 10:01 pm

Evening all..............weather update. It's going to get warmer here tomorrow...........about 30 degrees with 6-12 inches of snow predicted. It's so cold here that when I went outside to replace a burned out spot light, the holder that it was in that has a "metal" stake in the ground cracked off. Must be pretty cold to break metal.

OK, so thanks for all the "cute" comments about my stupidity in leaving my window cracked. Just remember I am blond and suffer from CRS!! BlondeMoment

We did go out and pick up our docs today.....everything seems to be in order. I guess now I can start getting things out and the piles begin!!

Susan, hope that Ray doesn't have to work too hard tonight. I didn't think that this storm was going to reach you. This one is coming compliments of Julie!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 10:01 pm

PH8 wrote:
What I did on this "dreary" winter day (heheh--dont hate me,you northeners Smile )

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 2558375580042692775S425x425Q85

BITE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
TwitchOR
Charter Member
Charter Member
TwitchOR

Number of posts : 208

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 10:04 pm

PH8 wrote:
What I did on this "dreary" winter day (heheh--dont hate me,you northeners
Don't hate you, but it makes me want to retire NOW, instead of waiting 6 years. Though we have had 3 days without rain, which is about as good as it gets during the winter here.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 11:13 pm

cruisenfever wrote:

BITE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me too! stickingtongueout
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 11:16 pm

Basketball just getting the ball ready to THROW AT U KATHY!!! Maybe I should book a quick ticket to dh's mom's house in Sarasota......looks like the weather is pretty good!

kidding.........but at least now I have a face to go with the name.. flower

School out here again tomorrow..........have a ton to do before I head to Indy on Wed, sure hope the roads cooperate with me......I hate to have an 8 hour drive take much longer......

Hot cocoa time........thundering out again...hope it's not a thundersnow...those are usually one heck of a load of snow.

have a gr8 evening y'all........

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 12:40 am

Barb, so sorry about your brother-in-law, please accept Martha and my condolences. You've been in our thoughts.

Jean - Thanks!!! The weather was perfect...you did a FINE job. Didn't find Desmond (was told he's now in The Circuit, but did give Michael your "Hello"..he's a cutie.

For those of you freezing...head west!!!! Was going to tell you about my sunburn, but after some of the remarks to Kathy, thought better of it. tongue Have another little horror story to tell, but am waaaaaaaaaaay too tired. Must say, it was a great cruise and enjoyed it immensly. Stayed up late every night, and was scanning the horizon looking for the Vision and Marilyn last night.
Wink

Finished a load of laundry and am hitting the sack early. Back to the zoo tomorrow, what a letdown!

Sleep well, and KEEP WARM!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 12:48 am

GrmyCRS wrote:
Barb, so sorry about your brother-in-law, please accept Martha and my condolences. You've been in our thoughts.

Jean - Thanks!!! The weather was perfect...you did a FINE job. Didn't find Desmond (was told he's now in The Circuit, but did give Michael your "Hello"..he's a cutie.

For those of you freezing...head west!!!! Was going to tell you about my sunburn, but after some of the remarks to Kathy, thought better of it. tongue Have another little horror story to tell, but am waaaaaaaaaaay too tired. Must say, it was a great cruise and enjoyed it immensly. Stayed up late every night, and was scanning the horizon looking for the Vision and Marilyn last night.
Wink

Finished a load of laundry and am hitting the sack early. Back to the zoo tomorrow, what a letdown!

Sleep well, and KEEP WARM!!!

Welcome home Shrimp. Glad you had a good time. Are you now officially Diamond now? Can't wait for the story.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 12:50 am

Murphy wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:

BITE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me too! stickingtongueout

Me three. geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 12:58 am

hehe,,,,,,,,,,,,such potty mouths outta refined ladies as yourselves......

I am shocked!! affraid

Ok, no more rubbing it in...........I promise.....

Nite all.......
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 4:07 am

It was a balmy 70-something degrees today. I have the patio door open, just right for keeping the hot flashes at bay.

Carmen is doing really well these days. She has been limping along with her bum paw in the proper position - she had been knuckle-dragging it for a long time. I've become a believer in acupuncture - I may just have to try it myself!
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 8:08 am

Well, back to work today. The weather here has been beautiful, breezy, not quite as nice as kathy, but certainnly not snow & -degrees.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 10:03 am

PH8 wrote:

Now that's just cruel!

d
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 10:17 am

We had terrible thunder storms go through early this morning 2 - 3 am. Lots of rain, lightening, thunder, and in places hail. We didn't have any problem getting to work but the traffic reporters were saying that there were issues in some areas throughout the metro area. I think the storm is heading your way Barb.

Well the problems have started early here at work we have conference calls going already due to mainframe problems. One of our clients put a new release of application code in and of course when it does not work the - hits the fan and we have to dig them out. Fun city! Getting my rubber gloves and waders out lol!

Later

d

Last edited by on Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 10:26 am

Just checked out the "wingnuts" latest info on Inside Edition and their show on Cruise ship Art. Well apparently their next show is on hotels and their dirty little secrets and solsticecruiser asked:

Quote :
Will they be using your black light trick to get discounted rooms?Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Confused

Someone is in the know.

d

Last edited by on Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 10:55 am

Thanks for the warning Diane, the news said potential...sure is early in the season for this to be hitting. Last week was bad here, Tenn, Ak, Mo & Miss
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 11:53 am

Good Morning from Delaware. We're expecting Patti's weather later today. It's coming right across the state from Ohio. Hope we miss the worst of it.

I'm dieing to know who Solticecruiser is. I have a feeling that we know this person as a different persona. Anyway kudos to them. Cheers Cheers

I work 3-6pm only today with one class and 2 sets of lessons so a fairly light day for me. " Big Brother" starts tonight, any fans out there? I like it and with the writers strike it is a good diversion from reruns.

Don't remember if I told you guys that I got on to the "Lost" set in Hawaii. The security guards invited us in off the beach and let us take pics. What a hoot that was.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 2:56 pm

Hey SPB's!

Almost packed and ready to go! It's supposed to be nice again this weekend, but there are fog warnings in the Central Valley, so have to decide which route to take.

Has anyone been having trouble posting on CC?? I am now getting the dreaded white screen there, and my computer locks up?!?! And then sometimes the post will show and sometimes not, or two or three posts will show!

Have a good week and weekend!

Jen
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 3:38 pm

Afternoon everyone.............it is snowing here...........storm delayed itself from overnight to this afternoon. I did go out this morning and shovel the drive and deck.

Jen, have a great cruise. Hope you have nice weather. As far as the CC boards..........they have been really slow especially in posting.

Hey Chris and Martha............welcome home. Want to hear all about your cruise..........and I mean everything.

Jean, have you heard from Reyno? Wonder where he is and what he's doing.

Kathy.........regarding that wonderful picture you posted last night...........I must say the dog looked more alert than you did. Laughing

Have a wonderful day. Stay warm and dry and make sure all windows are closed in your car!! pale
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 6:27 pm

Hi all......

You're be happy to know its raining and no sunshine today at all.........Payback from Mother Nature for me not being very nice.. Suspect

Patti-actually Holly(my dog) had been sound asleep until Dennis came out with the camera......thats why I asked him to take the pic......

Jen------CC has been giving me fits too.........posts dont take.........white screen,etc...........

Have to check out CCC to see what shes been up to.........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 9:40 pm

Good Evening Everyone, I just slipped and slid home. Everything is a sheet of ice here. I have to open in the morning so I hope the temp goes up overnight like it's supposed to.

Stay warm and safe everyone.
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 10:28 pm

Survived being back at work...at least it's a short week.

Kathy - Holly is a cutie, what kind of dog is she?

Jean - Glad to know Carmen is improving.

Jen - We left the ship in good condition. There was a couple of scrapbooking groups on our cruise...do they have their own bar in there??? They were having a great time. Now you just have to have Jean work her magic and save the great weather for you.

Patti - Won't you just have to shovel it again??? Wink

Barb - Hope your being back at work helps. As much as I hate working, it does take you mind off things.

So who's leaving next...probably Jil and Diane? Rolling Eyes

Here's the tale...

After worrying that I would be sitting on the dock crying as Martha and the rest of our gang sailed away...for about an hour and a half after arriving in Long Beach, it looked like that was actually going to happen.

We left LV after clearing security, using my b/c and driver's license, boarded our plane to Long Beach. Happy Campers were we! Since we arrived so early, we informed the taxi boss (for lack of better term) that we would like to go to a nice coffee shop for breakfast somewhere near the ship, then would grab another cab to the port. He said no problem, there were lots of nice places on Gaffey which was close to the port. Jean will know all about Gaffey. Anyway we pulled out from the airport, and I thought I'd get my b/c and driver's license put in one compartment so it would be easy to find. WELL, would you believe I could NOT find my driver's license to save my life!!! I obviously used it to get through security in LV. Martha started to laugh and I, not very nicely, told her this was NOT funny!!! I searched for it during our delightful (NOT) search for a restaurant. I took everything out of my purse, went through my wallet at least 10 or more times AND COULD NOT FIND IT! Martha searched my purse and wallet as well. I'm about to have a stroke, Martha had to potty...and the taxi driver stopped at a gas station for directions. Things were not going well. We told him to forget the restaurant and get us to the dock.

He dropped us off, Martha ran to find the potty, and I was almost in tears, thinking the worst. Worst being I couldn't cruise, I couldn't get on a plane, and I would be sitting on that old, cold bench for three more days waiting for the ship to come back. Went through the purse again, and decided the next course of action would be to call JetBlue and see if I lost the d/l on the plane or somewhere in the airport in LV. Checked the wallet twice AGAIN and this time pulled out credit cards, etc...lo and behold...my d/l was behind a credit card and turned upside down, so all we ever saw was the plain white. DUMB AND DUMMER!!!! What a relief. I think that hour gave me EVEN MORE WRINKLES!!! And under the dye, probably a lot more gray hair!

We were about the first onboard, and the very last to leave. That was great, and it was a fabulous cruise, wonderful weather...a great ending to a scary start. Survived the inside cabin too!!!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 10:30 pm

Hey Jill!!! I don't know what kind of cabin you are booked in for the Grandeur repo, but they just posted a Balcony Guarantee for $799 p/p! We have a Cat D for the same price when we booked while on the Radiance Alaska trip, but prices have gone way up since then...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next