Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+8
critterchick
Exairgoddess1
barbeeAL
frudutx
cruisenfever
cruiseforme
GrmyCRS
jillybabes
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 9:54 pm

Yes, I heard that name somewhere before too but, I'm not sure where.

It sure will be interesting when "she" gets back from her April cruise.

That second storm that came through this afternoon brought some cooler weather with it, it was only 60 when I left the office tonight.

Just finished making my Valentine cards for my Red Hat group's annual Valentine exchange. We're having a pot-luck at one of member's houses and I'm bringing a dessert. I think I'll make brownies and put some chocolate frosting on them.

Marilyn are you all packed?

Need to get the garbage together and then go hit the shower.

L8R

d

PS Welcome back Susan, we did miss you, glad everything went ok.
Back to top Go down
Murphy
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 10:17 pm

Valentines Day goodies... Diane, that sounds like fun! I haven't even thought about Valentines day!

I guess CCC has been at it again huh? Sorry I missed it! Yes, it will be interesting to hear all about it when she gets back!
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 10:53 pm

Jean - Thanks for the weather report! Looking forward to Friday, so keep it warm for the next couple of weeks for Marilyn and us. Will look for Desmond and give him your "hello". Since I'm one of the few smokers left, is there any bar on the Monarch that I can have one drink and a ciggie?

Embarassed

Susan - Happy for you getting to spend some time with your dad.

Kathy - Would be nice if they replaced the Monarch, this is only our second cruise on her. Not really fond of those short trips..I'm not ready to leave a ship after 15 days!

Maybe we should extend an invitation to BT to have a cocktail with all of us. Wink
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 11:49 pm

Just a quick pass through before I hit the sack.

Welcome back Susan. Glad that the weather cooperated somewhat and you got to Florida and home again. I didn't realize you lived so close to the Wisc. border. I saw on the news that they were supposed to get a major snow storm. Hubby will be busy. Stay safe and warm.

Sis Chris, if I forget (like your email that I never replied to) have a wonderful cruise on Monarch. Give Martha a hug. Wishing you warm weather and calm seas for your short one!

Hey Jen, how was the roast with the soup mix substitute?

Mar, wishing you a wonderful cruise also.

I don't think I can wait 42 days until we leave. That's an eternity!! Smile

Now for the local weather here...............just a light drizzle right now. Don't think we will get the heavy stuff like we did early this morning. Changing to show tomorrow afternoon. Hope we don't get what Susan is getting.

Have a great night. Catch ya all tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 12:11 am

Evening all: Another wonderful day here, weather has been great the past 3 days so the snowbirds are loving it...

Susan, glad you made it home and look forward to seeing you in April...

Chris and Martha: Have a great time on the cruise even tho it is a shorty (no pun intended HappyHappyJoyJoy )...

Going to get busy and make my packing list tomorrow for the Mariner, we have decided to dine in the WJ the first week and play it casual but will eat in the dining room on the 2nd leg...

Diane: Brownies with chocolate frosting YUMMO stickingtongueout ...

Have a good evening all Sleep
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 3:54 am

Chris, Bolero's and the Viking Crown Lounge have smoking sections. Bolero's was all non-smoking and we had "our" table there, but it's now in the smoky section, so we didn't hang out there. If Michael is at the bar, he's a great guy, too. His roommate Gaby was working the bar on Deck 12 of the Windjammer, also a nice young man. Now I wish I was going with you!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 10:12 am

Morning all, it's cold in Texas this morning with the temp a brisk 32 and it looks at if we're going to have a beautiful sunrise.

I've done my usual this morning made two pots of coffee, checked my email, checked my BOA account, checked my meeting and conference call schedules and checked into the news back home in Pa.

Ash Wednesday start of the Lenten season need to decide if I'll give up my usual.

They're passing something around here at the office. I'm hoping that the flu shot I had back in Oct. will at least protect me from getting it too bad. A couple of the guys were out for over a week. :unwell:

Off to start my marathon meeting day!

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 11:42 am

Morning.....

Hope nobody on here was effected by all the storms(and they are not over yet!!!)......lots of devastation.......very sad....

Welcome home Susan.where in FL were you??? Bet you enjoyed the weather this past week................

Yes, Lent starts today......we give up alcohol for the 40 days...so if Im grumpy,you'll know why.. Smile

Back later...........Dennis is home and we have errands to take care of...........
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 1:31 pm

Good Morning everyone! Welcome home Susan!

Our Crystal clear weather yesterday, turned into heavy wet fog this morning, and I had to use my wipers again!

Patti- The pot roast was yummy, but I think the onion soup made the gravy a little to salty. I did add an extra cup of water, but I probably should have used a half packet of soup mix. I really want to try it with the salad dressing now! I also added baby carrots, yukon gold potatoes, and whole mushrooms. My house smelled really good last night, because after dinner I made an italian sausage meatball minestrone soup to take to my dinner meeting tonight. Very Happy

My decorations came for the scrapbook cruise yesterday, the banner turned out great, and I got nautical flags and anchor garland. Now I just have to do the goody bags, and start packing!
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 3:08 pm

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 BonVoyageI'm packed....Bob's not...typical.

Got some cute Fiesta decorations for our cabins on the March cruise at the party store (we are going with 4 others).

Chris, Have a great time on the Monarch! We will be right behind You!!!!

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 RedHeartGlitterto all..................
Mar~
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 4:09 pm

Afternoon everyone from a very rainy, soggy and flooded NE Ohio. I am figuring that we must have gotten between 3 and 4 inches of rain since early yesterday morning. For us, at this time of the year, that is massive. Had that been snow................an easy 4 feet. I would still take the snow over the rain. No problems for us............but east and south of us, the rivers are cresting and the folks that live close are in for some real problems.

Jen, I wondered if the soup mix would make it saltier. I am surprised though, with using the potatoes, that it was still salty, as potatoes usually take the saltiness out of something.

Went grocery shopping today and finally found Baker's German Chocolate for baking. I have this awesome fudge recipe that calls for it, and when I made it at Christmas, I just used milk chocolate instead. Can't wait to see how the fudge tastes using the right chocolate.

Again, Sis Chris and Mar...............have a wonderful cruise. We'll be thinkin of you.

Wishing everyone a great day.........stay warm and dry...............catch ya later.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 6:38 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Went grocery shopping today and finally found Baker's German Chocolate for baking. I have this awesome fudge recipe that calls for it, and when I made it at Christmas, I just used milk chocolate instead. Can't wait to see how the fudge tastes using the right chocolate.

So what's your recipe like?

My recipe is from the BH&G cookbook and calls for (among other ingredients) 2 cups of choc morsels and 7oz of chocolate (I use bittersweet) could be the same recipe.

d
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 6:45 pm

Exairgoddessl wrote:
Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 BonVoyageI'm packed....Bob's not...typical.

Got some cute Fiesta decorations for our cabins on the March cruise at the party store (we are going with 4 others).

Chris, Have a great time on the Monarch! We will be right behind You!!!!

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 RedHeartGlitterto all..................
Mar~

Bon Voyage! Have a wonderful time.

d
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 6:49 pm

JJ2sail wrote:
Patti- The pot roast was yummy, but I think the onion soup made the gravy a little to salty. I did add an extra cup of water, but I probably should have used a half packet of soup mix. I really want to try it with the salad dressing now! I also added baby carrots, yukon gold potatoes, and whole mushrooms. My house smelled really good last night, because after dinner I made an italian sausage meatball minestrone soup to take to my dinner meeting tonight. Very Happy

Jen, when I make Patti's pot roast that's how I make it, with yukon gold potatoes, baby carrots and whole mushrooms. I use the ranch dressing, brown gravy and italian dressing though you'll love it.

Reminds me I need to add a chuck roast to my shopping list for the weekend.

d

Last edited by on Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 6:50 pm

Patti and Diane- I added the potatoes at the end after I par cooked them when I got home. So unless it was the gravy mix it must have been the soup mix. I think onion soup is probably pretty salty if it is condensed. I will check the package and see how much water it usually takes. I think I should just stick to the original recipe next time! Embarassed Then when I went to put away the minestrone soup I made for tonight, the pasta had soaked up all the soup! I am batting a thousand! Oh well it's all good!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 8:02 pm

Thanks for the welcome homes, but I wish I'd stayed in Florida! Kathy, my Dad live in Bonita Springs, so we fly in and out of Ft. Myers. 80 and sunny there yesterday, 17 degrees and 15 plus inches of snow here today! Yes, we already have 15 inches of new snow with maybe another 3 inches tonight!

Patti, McHenry is only 10 miles from the Wisconsin border so we are getting the biggest impact of the storm! They closed our office at 3:30 this afternoon and all the malls closed early too! Even Jul's favorite Woodfield is closing at 5:00 tonight! There's about an inch or 2 of packed ice on the roads, covered with a couple inches of new snow. The plows just can't keep up! Well, I'm home, safe and sound and Ray's on his way to work for the night. I saw him all of 5 minutes last night! At least Murphy's happy to see me! Smile :coldout:
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 8:22 pm

Yes, I just took this picture of my bird feeders! Poor birdies are going to have a hard time finding any food tonight!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 8:24 pm

Been looking at EBay for RCCL stuff.............came across our favorite seller.. Laughing

Love reading the descriptions..

(RCCL Towel)

Great collectible with the large Royal Caribbean Beach Towel. Even the logo shop in the ship didn't have it. So get it before I sell it to a neighbor. (ooooh, I better hurry and bid) affraid

(RCCL poncho)

This is one unique Royal caribbean item. We bought it for the navy blue stadium seat with RCCL Crown & Anchor logo on it. On a cruise started to rain, so I took mine & pulled on the black fleece blanket on the inside to warm up & a hood shows. So I have husband pull on the hood & our pops a long (thigh length) poncho that is navy blue waterproof material with the fleece lining. Then you fold it back into the seat cushion to use again.[/size]
So used 1 time, put back together to offer to you to enjoy it. It was $30 & friend bought it for us. Guarantee not too many out there.[/size]
LAST ONE SO DON"T LOSE OUT..........So who bought it??? confused confused

(Princess towel)

Great Princess cruiseline beach towel. Last cruise we didn't see on in their confused logo shop. So now is the time to get this large towel with their great Sea Witch on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 8:26 pm

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Susan.that looks cold.......I wont tell you it was 86 today and I have shorts on(and we had to put the a/c on)..............no,I better not tell you that.. Smile

Seriously.glad you had nice weather while you were here..............its what makes snowbirds outta people.. Wink
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 8:46 pm

She's a piece of work! No one bought that for her! What a bunch of crap! But, it is unique, so she's probably sell it!

Yes, Kathy, I could easily become a snowbird! If only I could find a 50/50 job that would let me work here in the summer and there in the winter!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 9:43 pm

frudutx wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:

So what's your recipe like?

My recipe is from the BH&G cookbook and calls for (among other ingredients) 2 cups of choc morsels and 7oz of chocolate (I use bittersweet) could be the same recipe.

d
Here is my recipe for fudge...........

1/2c butter
14-1/2 oz. evaporated milk
4-1/2 cups of sugar
1/2 lbs. marshmellows
2 oz. unsweetened chocolare
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
3 pkgs (4 oz. each) German Sweet chocolate
1 Tbsp. vanilla
2 cups chopped nuts (opptional)

combine butter, milk, sugar in saucepan over med. high heat. Bring to a boil....then boil 5 minutes stirring occassionally. Turn off heat and add marshmellos. Add all chocolate and stir until melted. Ad vanilla and nuts. Continue stirring to well mixed.

Pour into a 9 x 13 inch pan that has been sprayed lightly with Pam. Let stand until firm. I store mine in the refrigerator.

NOTE: I normally spray my pan with Pam, then line it with plastic wrap. Then I pour the mixture in and when it has set up, I can just lift it out of the pan, put it on a cutting board and cut it into bite size pieces.

I have a Tupperware container that is 9 x 13......gues you're supposed to use it for lunch meats.....I use it for everything else. You can line that with plastic wrap and pour the mixture into that. Then you have a nice plastic cover to put over it when you want to store it.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 9:46 pm

PH8 wrote:
Been looking at EBay for RCCL stuff.............came across our favorite seller.. Laughing

Love reading the descriptions..

(RCCL Towel)

Great collectible with the large Royal Caribbean Beach Towel. Even the logo shop in the ship didn't have it. So get it before I sell it to a neighbor. (ooooh, I better hurry and bid) affraid

(RCCL poncho)

This is one unique Royal caribbean item. We bought it for the navy blue stadium seat with RCCL Crown & Anchor logo on it. On a cruise started to rain, so I took mine & pulled on the black fleece blanket on the inside to warm up & a hood shows. So I have husband pull on the hood & our pops a long (thigh length) poncho that is navy blue waterproof material with the fleece lining. Then you fold it back into the seat cushion to use again.[/size]
So used 1 time, put back together to offer to you to enjoy it. It was $30 & friend bought it for us. Guarantee not too many out there.[/size]
LAST ONE SO DON"T LOSE OUT..........So who bought it??? confused confused

(Princess towel)

Great Princess cruiseline beach towel. Last cruise we didn't see on in their confused logo shop. So now is the time to get this large towel with their great Sea Witch on it.
roflmao roflmao roflmao As Susan said.............what a bunch of crap!!!!!!! Doesn' she read what she writes. Who actually bought it....her or her friend??? Actually she got it FREE on the Member's Cruise.
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 10:28 pm

Thanks for the info, Jean...wish you and ALL of the group were coming with us too.

Kathy - and didn't she advertise it as NEW??? How could it be new when she used it YUCK

Patti - I was thinking the same thing...that the poncho's were given to the D/D+ guests. Wonder if she sold the "rare" light up pen we all got.

Susan - Hope the feeders thaw out for the birds. I always toss out the leftovers from my lunch to feed the birds near the office.

I'll check our fudge recipe too...it's a great one, makes very creamy fudge. Wonder why I'm getting hungry?

Starting to pack, and of course can't find something I wanted to take. Might have to make a change.

Marilyn, while we're just floating around on Sunday, maybe we'll catch a glimpse of you. We'll wave! lol

Isn't Shorty due home today??????
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 11:18 pm

Hi from Laughlin...........I found out I'm VERY young!!.....I feel like a BABY here!!...Average age here uses a walker and canes........Dh wanted to come here cuz it's cheaper than LV and I personally HATE it here......would much rather be in LV.....oh well, next vacation DEFINITELY a CRUISE!! (that way we are both very very content!!)

Flying home tomorrow and definitely ready.....once we left LA I was ready to board a plane.......especially when dd called and said she was hunkered down in one of the stores with a tornado overhead.....I was ready to start driving home (like I could do anything when I am two days away driving time!)

For those sailing shortly ......BON VOYAGE.......

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 9:57 am

cruiseforme wrote:
Hi from Laughlin...........I found out I'm VERY young!!.....I feel like a BABY here!!...Average age here uses a walker and canes........Dh wanted to come here cuz it's cheaper than LV and I personally HATE it here......would much rather be in LV.....oh well, next vacation DEFINITELY a CRUISE!! (that way we are both very very content!!)

Flying home tomorrow and definitely ready.....once we left LA I was ready to board a plane.......especially when dd called and said she was hunkered down in one of the stores with a tornado overhead.....I was ready to start driving home (like I could do anything when I am two days away driving time!)

For those sailing shortly ......BON VOYAGE.......

jul Smile

Everything ok at the stores?

d
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next