Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+8
critterchick
Exairgoddess1
barbeeAL
frudutx
cruisenfever
cruiseforme
GrmyCRS
jillybabes
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 10:16 am

GrmyCRS wrote:
WELCOME HOME JILL & DIANE!!!!

I'm one veeeeeeeeeeeeeeery happy camper tonight. Just got home after losing my ass, then getting it back...checked the mail AND THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE ARRIVED!!!

HappyHappyJoyJoy HappyHappyJoyJoy HappyHappyJoyJoy

My DIL has had Pergo in her home for about 12 years and loves it. The dogs took some getting used to it at first (sliding around), but they are fine with it now.

Sheila - No problem about leaving early, I had mentioned I might have to leave early on Feb 1, just would have to tell them for certain (they are so anal). I'm afraid the one hour would not give us enough time to hardly hug, and get you back through security. Martha and I were really hoping it would work out.

Sleep well SPB's...I think I will!

Chris soooo glad you got your BC. Now you can apply for a new passport and you can go on Monarch without worrying.
I will call you for sure next Friday and we can have a virtual hug if nothing else. Sad
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 12:46 pm

We're back but then you knew that! Had a wonderful time! As Jill said the Cave Tubing was fantastic would love to do it again. Just finished going through almost 600 emails. Just finishing up the laundry and plan to take it easy the rest of the day. It's good to be home.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 1:06 pm

Morning and welcome home Diane and Jill..........

Wow 600 emails????? Thats alot!!

I had heard Capt Vidar had left......and I know why Sheila like Bobby Brown too.....(Sheila-was his smooth or fuzzy?? affraid )

Cant keep track of who is on vacation now or getting ready(besides me,of course)....we need a list!!

Saw The Atonement yesterday...........nominated for Best Picture.......it was ok........I usually want to see all the nominees,but looking over the list,nothing really appeals to me............

CRACKS me up with the Brilliance comment..............I wish I could say something.......

I would LOVE wood floors,but think they would be slippery if we come in from the pool with wet feet........we have tile and am glad we have no carpet(except the master bedroom)........easier when you have 2 dogs to have tile......

Nice day........Dennis is cutting the grass then cleaning the pool.........I,being the good wife,bring him water once in a while. Laughing

Have a good Sunday all.......
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 2:24 pm

Gd Morning all.........in the 60's here today.......what a taste of spring.....have shorts on and cleaning and getting clothes ready...have ZERO idea of what to take since I have ZERO idea of what we plan on doing......wish it was a cruise, then I would know.........In some ways I hate land vacations.....a cruise is just sooooo easy....unpack once and party!!

Laughed when I read THE post.......I never saw her dressed up......and was in the CL nightly with her........strange!.....We would not like the freestyle.....like dressing a little since at home it's t's and jeans all the time......gives us a definite change.......and a chance to buy new clothes HappyHappyJoyJoy

off to get cleaning, laundry, and all done..........gotta get at least some chance to be outside in the great air........

have a great Sunday everyone........

j Smile

btw....Chris....CONGRATS on getting the bc.....sooo glad for you although I would have taken your place!!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 4:52 pm

Afternoon everyone...............

Chris, so glad to hear that you got your replacement b/c. Now you can relax and enjoy your cruise on Monarch. Are you going to wait until you get home to apply for the pp?

A balmy 34 degrees here with temps rising to he upper 40's for Monday and Tuesday. Then old man winter is going to pay us another visit. I HATE WINTER!!!!!!

Have a great afternoon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 6:58 pm

Quick question...........told my friend in Vancouver about the taco soup..............she is not sure if they have hominy(she never heard of it).......what else can she use?? To me,I would say corn,but Im not sure if its a thickening ingredient or not........she hadnt heard of Vegall or Rotel either,but those are pretty easy to substitute.....
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 7:27 pm

Kathy, I could not find Hominy either. I did use a second can of corn (I got one white kernal and one yellow) but I don't think it really needed the second can. I did use one can of black beans in replacement for one of the cans of pinto beans, since I think the black beans thicken things up, but I don't know if that was "necessary" or not! It's all good! Yummo!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 7:38 pm

PH8 wrote:
Quick question...........told my friend in Vancouver about the taco soup..............she is not sure if they have hominy(she never heard of it).......what else can she use?? To me,I would say corn,but Im not sure if its a thickening ingredient or not........she hadnt heard of Vegall or Rotel either,but those are pretty easy to substitute.....
I would tell her to use a can of refried beans if she wants to thicken it up. The hominy can be found with the canned corn. Rotell I found with the canned tomatoes.

Like Susan said, substitute 1 can of black beans for a can of pintos and just use regular corn.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 8:12 pm

I would tend to use just another can of vegall, partly so it's not tooo corny Smile...but I never need thickening in mine, it's always toooo thick......I like soup to be a little juicier......so I add an extra can of tom sauce....

Lots of variations could be done......I accidently used 2 cans of kidney beans once cuz apparently I got confused when I was buying them........it tasted about the same

j
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 8:13 pm

Ok,if she doesnt want to thicken..........just substitute a can of corn??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 8:15 pm

Ok,I see Jul posted while I did...................so,the consensus is either use a can of corn or two of mixed veggies??
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 8:19 pm

Chris great news about the BC. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 10:11 pm

Another question...........Jill/Sheila and any other Grandeur cruisers..........are there 2 bars poolside(not talking about the Solarium)?? Trying to work out where to meet someone...
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 10:27 pm

Jean2..........my dd is coming to Portland (isn't that where u are???? if not then ignore this question!!..hehe) Wed....anything that is a don't miss for a single girl traveling on her own???

Still no packing done........cannot decide what weight clothes to take.....

Kathy........wish I was gonna be on Grandeur .....

Caught some friends online today that are on the b2b Voyager...we were supposed to be sailing today....they were 5 hours late getting into Galveston due to fog...I presume a ton of people missed flights home!!....Good thing ol ccc wasn't on that sailing!

jul
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 10:37 pm

PH8 wrote:
Another question...........Jill/Sheila and any other Grandeur cruisers..........are there 2 bars poolside(not talking about the Solarium)?? Trying to work out where to meet someone...

Kathy I know there is a Pool Bar but I don't remember a Sky Bar upstairs. Maybe Jill has a better memory.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 10:46 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
Jean2..........my dd is coming to Portland (isn't that where u are???? if not then ignore this question!!..hehe) Wed....anything that is a don't miss for a single girl traveling on her own???

jul
Yea,go visit my single son who lives In Portland(well till Thursday when he moves to NY!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 10:47 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:
PH8 wrote:

Kathy I know there is a Pool Bar but I don't remember a Sky Bar upstairs. Maybe Jill has a better memory.
Thanks...........I tried looking at the deck plans but they dont show any bar at all............

If not a Sky Bar....maybe an Aft Bar(like the Sovereign class??)
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 11:03 pm

Kathy: I really can't remember if there is a sky bar on Grandeur, I will check out the compasses and get back to you jocolor ...
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 11:10 pm

Just checked and there is only Pool Bar and Solarium Bar and of course Viking Crown...See those compasses do come in handy roflmao Later, Jill Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 11:13 pm

Thanks Jill...........
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 11:19 pm

Kathy.......guess I wrote that wrong........she's married, just traveling as a 'solo' girl not a 'single' girl!!!.....Little rat travels more than me!!.....she just got back yday from youngstown, Oh doing a conference and leaves Wed-Sun in Portland....She's a funny kid....I would never leave the conference if I was by myself, but she'll go off and do all kinds of things on her own.....Her grad degree is done in May and I'm praying she gets the full time job they've just opened there.....sure hate to see her having to work at Walmart until he finishes his doctorate........

j
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 11:36 pm

Wow.that is quite a difference.........single to married Very Happy Good for her travelling like that!!
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 1:03 am

Hi All,
This is very odd....AOL cleaned out "My History" twice this week. The first time I was able to find y'all through a search, but the 2nd time it happened this thread would not turn up with a "search" for Polar Bears on Forum Freek........thanks Sheila for the thread address!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have received a LOT of rain the last 24 hours.....growing webbed feet....really weird weather.

Here is the recipe for the White Chili if you would like to try it....it makes a good pot full so you can freeze some if you don't like leftovers. I make corn bread to have with it....

White Chili

2 lb. of chicken breast, cut to bite size
2 cups of chopped onion
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 tsp cumin
2 tsp Italian Seasoning
1 tsp. cilantro
2- 4oz. cans of chopped green chilis
1 cup water
2 - 15 oz. cans of Great Northern Beans
2 - 14oz. cans of chicken broth

Cook the chix in a frying pan until golden or cooked through....and cut up
In a stock pot, sautee onion and garlic until tender
Add green chilies and spices. Set to low and simmer covered 10 minutes (I add a little water)
Don't forget to rinse and drain the beans
Add the rest of the ingredients (along) with chicken and cup of water) to the pot

Cook on low for a bout 10 to 15 mins until all is hot.

Garnish with shredded monterey jack cheese, scallions, and /or fresh cilantro. (we eat it without the garnishes and it is delicious plain).

Watched the Ice skating last night and think the little 24 yr. old Chinese Amercian gal, named Carolyn was the best....she was sooooo elegant, and FLEXIBLE! man!

Buenas Noches! (Practicing for my cruise...)
Mar~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 10:11 am

Morning all.........

That recipe looks very good too,Marilyn.......thanks.....

I also have AOL and it has been acting very wacky lately.....when I clicked on a website,it was too far to the right........I couldnt see the minimize/maximize box....I had to keep scrolling any sites over the right........couldnt figure out what I did to cause it.....but now (after 2 annoying weeks),its back to normal.......was gonna ask AOL,but now since its free, they charge you for asking a question........forget that!

Chilly morning here...........frost on the ground!!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 10:18 am

Mornin' all, time to play catch-up. Lot's to do since the fairies didn't come by and do my work for me while I was gone. Boss is out this week too so I get to do his stuff plus mine.

Weather is supposed to be nice but very windy for the next few days. Can't believe that January is almost gone.

I see that our "friend" is stirring up problems over on CC, they should do themselves a favor and ban her except I'm afraid she'd probably wind up over here.

I'll try to check in later.

d
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next