Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+8
critterchick
Exairgoddess1
barbeeAL
frudutx
cruisenfever
cruiseforme
GrmyCRS
jillybabes
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 1:38 pm

Love JetBlue!!! So much leg room, comfortable seats, dunkin donuts coffee (no donuts, darn!). Wish they had flights EVERYWHERE!

Patti - Well take some of your snow...cold enough for it here.

Ginny - Would love to put in wood flooring here too, though not sure if I'd want it in the bedroom.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 1:45 pm

GrmyCRS wrote:
Love JetBlue!!! So much leg room, comfortable seats, dunkin donuts coffee (no donuts, darn!). Wish they had flights EVERYWHERE!

Patti - Well take some of your snow...cold enough for it here.

Ginny - Would love to put in wood flooring here too, though not sure if I'd want it in the bedroom.
Get ready......I'm blowing it your way.

I'm with Chris on the wood floors in the bedroom. There's something about getting out of bed in the mornings and touching a cold surface that just doesn't appeal to me. Now, wood floors throughout the rest of the house sounds lovely. That was our plan a couple of years ago...........still haven't put that plan in motion yet. Sad
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 2:43 pm

Happy Saturday all! Guess I have a lot of ketchuping to do! bounce

Barb, you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. Hope your BIL bounces back quickly! Goodness he's had to deal with so much!

Bon Voyage again to all you happy travels and Welcome home to those arriving!

It's been bitterly cold here with more snow than you are supposed to get when you have sub zero temps, but things are warming up! Mid 20's heat wave right now and supposedly 40 on Monday! Ray worked loads of hours this week. I didn't see him from the time the Packer's game was over on Sunday until Thursday night! We actually slept in the same bed at the same time on T-Day (hope that's not TMI!) and then he ended up working again last night and is sleeping now.

I got stuck here waiting for the repairman to come replace our water heater this morning! Yes, furnace/boiler earlier this month and water heater now! The only good thing was that I did our taxes while he replaced it and I found out I get an energy credit for replacing all our outside doors last summer and unless they change the tax laws this year, I'll get some credit for the furnance and the water heater next year! WooHoo

Well, I'm off to do the shopping and things while Ray sleeps and then hope to be able to get in the bedroom to try on some "summer clothes" later today. I'm headed to FL next weekend to see my Dad and am hoping it is warm enough to don a pair of shorts or at least some capris! Now, I just hope there is a pair or two that still fit! HolySheep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 4:00 pm

GrmyCRS wrote:
Well, doesn't sound promising Sad sooooooooooooo are you stopping on the way back?? Hopefully, with a longer layover??? Since I took 2 1/2 days off after the burglary, I would have to give them some notice, or play sick, for a last minute out. If it's under an hour, would probably cut it way to close.

We go through Phoenix on the way back so no go there. Sad We have just one hour and I wouldn't want you to take off work. I'll call you for sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 4:11 pm

Ginny welcome back. Glad you had a good time. Sometimes doing nothing is the thing to do. Laughing
We renovated the house we left some time ago, when we retired, and put in a Pergo floor in the kitchen and we found it was easy to keep clean and hard wearing. Just a thought.

It's bitter cold here today with Patti's snow expected tonight. We may just miss it however.
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 4:31 pm

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 ValentinekittyHallelujah....the sun is out here, and it is a bit warmer! But supposed to get another storm and 3" of rain tonight and tomorrow.

15 days to go until we cruise! I wanna go now!

Mar~
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 4:46 pm

Exairgoddessl wrote:
Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 ValentinekittyHallelujah....the sun is out here, and it is a bit warmer! But supposed to get another storm and 3" of rain tonight and tomorrow.

15 days to go until we cruise! I wanna go now!

Mar~
OMG.............another one that never stays home!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 5:55 pm

I am getting the idea that office with wood floor good, bedroom not. I know the tile through out the house is cold on feet fall and winter but cool in summer. Smile Will have to give some more thought to wood in bedroom. The floor in master bath is going to be travertine (sp) 16 inch squares on diagonal with 12 inch squares in shower and smaller ones for the shower floor. On the way out now to look at different design for shower walls that can be added. Really open to advice here Ladies. Thank you.

Cool and brisk for now and snow all around us on the mountains. It was so pretty driving home yesterday up the 14 Freeway and on one of the curves there the mountains were covered in snow. Wow! Not so good for Wrightwood which had avalanche two or three yesterday. That is about one hour drive from here.

Well off to look at stone. You'll have a great day. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 9:18 pm

Evening all................

Julie, I have to tell you that the Taco Soup was better tonight!! :eat: :eat:

Wishing everyone a great evening.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 9:26 pm

This is going to have you rolling on the floor.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=13143903&postcount=25

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. affraid
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 9:28 pm

I think Sheila missed this one....................

Quote :
I was on Brilliance for a 2 week Alaska NW Pacific cruise stopping in Seattle & saw NCL Pearl.
Huh???????????? Confused again!!!!!!?????????

Quote :
So you have been on RCCL where men wear dirty button down shirts & flip flops with no tie or coat on formal night? My husband & I are uncomfortable in our formal wear, heels, jewels, etc. Backwards baseball caps are the cue on RCCL & Princess, seen many times at dinner nightly on both men & woman, usually under 30.

On NCL I can wear a sparkly top with satin pants & my husband in a hawaiian shirt ($125) and dockers. We do not wear sandals but I hate pantyhose, so heels & bare feet are the call. Husband has boat shoes which cost more than his work shoes, Or Chicos with cotton tops for comfort. In Bermuda, their shorts are permitted.
This is priceless!!!!!!!!!!! And here is the response from someone.............
Quote :

As usual, I am confused. So bare feet are better than dirty shirts??? Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Confused And yes in Bermuda, Bermuda shorts are permitted!! LMAO!! Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Rolleyes

Last edited by on Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 9:29 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:

But you missed the one about being on Brilliance for the Alaska, NW Pacific cruise!! No No No
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 10:04 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Evening all................

Julie, I have to tell you that the Taco Soup was better tonight!! :eat: :eat:

Wishing everyone a great evening.

I agree. It only gets better with age. I froze some and it was yummy when defrosted much later. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 10:12 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Dramaqueen wrote:

But you missed the one about being on Brilliance for the Alaska, NW Pacific cruise!! No No No

Patti didn't miss it just missed the "Brilliance instead of Radiance " thing. Guess I was weak with hunger from this $%^&* diet I'm on. It's affecting my brain. BlondeMoment
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 10:14 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
I think Sheila missed this one....................

Quote :
I was on Brilliance for a 2 week Alaska NW Pacific cruise stopping in Seattle & saw NCL Pearl.
Huh???????????? Confused again!!!!!!?????????

Quote :
So you have been on RCCL where men wear dirty button down shirts & flip flops with no tie or coat on formal night? My husband & I are uncomfortable in our formal wear, heels, jewels, etc. Backwards baseball caps are the cue on RCCL & Princess, seen many times at dinner nightly on both men & woman, usually under 30.

On NCL I can wear a sparkly top with satin pants & my husband in a hawaiian shirt ($125) and dockers. We do not wear sandals but I hate pantyhose, so heels & bare feet are the call. Husband has boat shoes which cost more than his work shoes, Or Chicos with cotton tops for comfort. In Bermuda, their shorts are permitted.
This is priceless!!!!!!!!!!! And here is the response from someone.............
Quote :

As usual, I am confused. So bare feet are better than dirty shirts??? Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Confused And yes in Bermuda, Bermuda shorts are permitted!! LMAO!! Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Rolleyes

Guess that means sparkly t-shirt and satin sweat pants. TimeToFeedTheCat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 10:17 pm

I'm off to watch the US Skating Championships. I love to watch it. Ice dancing used to be my thing as a young teen back in the old country.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 10:26 pm

Sheila I can you as an ice dancer! I'm watching too!

CCC is a trip! Wonder if someone will call her on the Brilliance/Radiance mistake! Is it really necessary to state how much you over paid for your Hawaiian shirt~! BeamMeUp
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 10:27 pm

Ginny........my sister has pergo throughout her whole house and hates it......I have it in the kitch/dining....don't want the living room nor bedrooms to be wood.....There would be two issues in the bedroom 1) too cold on feet, and 2) too slippery if you are wearing socks and get up rapidly or anything!!

We actually get our wood floor from Ikea at about $1.00 sf.....really goes in easy and wears GREAT.....

grandson took the "Overall Best Design" for the pinewood derby...sooo proud of him, he drew his own plans and did all the work himself (unlike a lot of fathers that did all the work!).....sooo he goes on to Districts now.... cheers

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 10:36 pm

Turning on the skating now........forgot it was on......

I have tickets to see "Stars on Ice" in St Louis in Feb....i have tried to get tickets for over 5 years and FINALLY I am going to be in town when they are here........cannot wait!!!

j
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 11:00 pm

Hi All, Looks like it's going to take a while to catch up, when I left you were on page 21 Rolling Eyes!...Looks like CCC is at it again or should I say still at it BlahBlahBlah...

The four of us had a wonderful time...We went Cave Tubing (Dave decided not to go) and it was amazing...Diane and I both said we would do it again in a heartbeat...The CL was the Hollywood Odyssey nightly for both suites and Diamond, Diamond plus...The CL was open for bkfast although we did not go...
Kathy: Capt Solem was on vacation, Capt was Tor Thorvelson, CD Bobby Brown was okay but not our favorite!!! Will check back tomorrow in between doing Laundry...Later, Jill Cool
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 11:38 pm

HEY SIS AND DIANE.........WELCOME HOME HappyHappyJoyJoy

Glad you guys had a great time.......sure wish we'd gone on that one too.......oh well..........

j
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 11:58 pm

Murphy wrote:
Sheila I can you as an ice dancer! I'm watching too!

CCC is a trip! Wonder if someone will call her on the Brilliance/Radiance mistake! Is it really necessary to state how much you over paid for your Hawaiian shirt~! BeamMeUp
Absolutely...........when you are trying to impress people. That is, people that don't know you and haven't seen you in the flesh!! However, we all know better............right??????? Laughing
jillybabes wrote:
Hi All, Looks like it's going to take a while to catch up, when I left you were on page 21 Rolling Eyes!...Looks like CCC is at it again or should I say still at it ...The four of us had a wonderful time...We went Cave Tubing (Dave decided not to go) and it was amazing...Diane and I both said we would do it again in a heartbeat...The CL was the Hollywood Odyssey nightly for both suites and Diamond, Diamond plus...The CL was open for bkfast although we did not go...

Kathy: Capt Solem was on vacation, Capt was Tor Thorvelson, CD Bobby Brown was okaybut not our favorite!!! Will check back tomorrow in between doingLaundry...Later, Jill Cool
Welcome Home to the fearsome foursome. Want to hear all about your trip.

Jill, I see that you sailed with Carol (aka Merion Mom). Is she as crazy in person as she is on the boards?

Last edited by on Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 12:17 am

jillybabes wrote:
Hi All, Looks like it's going to take a while to catch up, when I left you were on page 21 Rolling Eyes!...Looks like CCC is at it again or should I say still at it BlahBlahBlah...

The four of us had a wonderful time...We went Cave Tubing (Dave decided not to go) and it was amazing...Diane and I both said we would do it again in a heartbeat...The CL was the Hollywood Odyssey nightly for both suites and Diamond, Diamond plus...The CL was open for bkfast although we did not go...
Kathy: Capt Solem was on vacation, Capt was Tor Thorvelson, CD Bobby Brown was okay but not our favorite!!! Will check back tomorrow in between doing Laundry...Later, Jill Cool

Welcome back you guys. Glad you had a good time. I guess the cave tubing was in Belize. We did the tour to Tahal Pech and it was fascinating. I liked Bobby Brown for obvious reasons (think about it)
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 12:48 am

Welcome Home Jill and Diane Very Happy . Sounds like you'll had a fun trip.

Okay after listening to all of you it sounds like wood floor for bedroom not such a bright idea. I just wanted to stop having to clean carpet. Bought a good grade of carpet when buying house 7 years ago, but have some stains and of course moving furniture so they can clean the whole room is not going to happen. By the way which do you prefer dry-chem or steam cleaning?

Will look into wood flooring for office which is directly off living room and has french doors opening into office.

Thanks bunches Ladies I truly appreciate your responses Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 2:37 am

WELCOME HOME JILL & DIANE!!!!

I'm one veeeeeeeeeeeeeeery happy camper tonight. Just got home after losing my ass, then getting it back...checked the mail AND THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE ARRIVED!!!

HappyHappyJoyJoy HappyHappyJoyJoy HappyHappyJoyJoy

My DIL has had Pergo in her home for about 12 years and loves it. The dogs took some getting used to it at first (sliding around), but they are fine with it now.

Sheila - No problem about leaving early, I had mentioned I might have to leave early on Feb 1, just would have to tell them for certain (they are so anal). I'm afraid the one hour would not give us enough time to hardly hug, and get you back through security. Martha and I were really hoping it would work out.

Sleep well SPB's...I think I will!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next