Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+8
critterchick
Exairgoddess1
barbeeAL
frudutx
cruisenfever
cruiseforme
GrmyCRS
jillybabes
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 10:47 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:
barbeeAL wrote:
We are home....11.5 hours on 3 different airplanes

Ambein is great Juls

What a great trip.

Welcome home Barb and Danny, I'm so excited to be going in a couple of weeks. Your pics were great, it made me look forward all the more.
Oh crap..............that's right you leaving again. Don't you ever stay home?? roflmao
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 10:49 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Here's an interesting thread...........was bound to happen. Hope his info is correct.

[url=http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=694016
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=694016[/quote[/url]]

Oh !!! Poop!!! I hope they don't do it before our 2 Splendour cruises. That would make us D+
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 10:51 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:
PH8 wrote:
Diane......yes, there are tours(not sure how reliable they are though--I know nothing about them) available when you get off the ship...or do some research on the port of calls board(for PDC) on CC....Shopping in PDC is just ok......the stores nearest the tender are kinda crummy but they get a little better as you walk away from that area............5th Ave goes on and on......

Thanks jean.......I am pretty sure thats the same towel I have.......I really enjoy wine and wish they had some better to offer.........

On the EN,they give the crystal out to those with 20 credits!! I was on there for my30th and was all excited to get mine........but then my friend(with 20) got one too............With the cruises I have booked,my 40th crystal will be on the Monarch......UNLESS I book something before that or upgrade on another,,,,

Kathy, Our friends had gotten a crystal for 20 cruise credits so we were excited to think we might get one on Grandeur but we didn't. We asked the LA and she said you have to be D+ and get to 30 before you start getting them. So once again mixed messages. A phone call to C&A said 20 when I inquired before the cruise.
I believe that Enchantment is the only ship that gives out the crystal ships to those with 20 cruise credits. It really is for those that reach 30 and then you get one for every 10 additional cruise credits after that. That's how it is explained in the letter we received when we reached D+.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 10:52 pm

[quote="Dramaqueen"]
cruisenfever wrote:
Here's an interesting thread...........was bound to happen. Hope his info is correct.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=694016[/quote]

Oh !!! Poop!!! I hope they don't do it before our 2 Splendour cruises. That would make us D+
Don't worry......Mar emailed Rachel and was told that the rumor is false.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 10:55 pm

Exairgoddessl wrote:
Hi Everyone,
Here is straight from Rachel Hancock:

Hi, Marilyn. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

While we are always looking for ways to improve the program for the benefit of our members, the rumors circulating on that post are absolutely untrue and have no basis in fact whatsoever. It's personally discouraging to me to see so many valuable members get upset over what amounts to nothing!

Anytime you see a hot topic like this come around, I appreciate you letting me know. I will speak to my contacts on NV to see if I can do some rumor control.

bounce bounce That is good news for us. Thanks Mar.

Whew! It took us soooo long just to get to 21 this year...and I told her the same thing....we'd probably die before we made it to 50 at our rate! roflmao
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 11:00 pm

Thanks for all the Bon Voyages & the emails, you are the BEST!!!....

Chris: How terrible, but thank the good Lord nothing happened to you or Martha!

Sheila: Glad to hear you had a wonderful time on the Grandeur but sorry our Florida weather did not cooperate for you and Bob, hopefully next time...

Kathy: When I spoke with Capt Solem right before he went to the Jewel, he was not sure that he would be on board or on vacation...If he is there, I will tell him that you said Hi...He is a cutie Wink !!!

Take care all and keep the home fires burning while we are away...Later, Jill Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 11:05 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
PH8 wrote:
But have you noticed not too many more comments on the post from Marilyn........Im very surprised.........they seem to just be ignoring it........

So glad CCC found a cheap way to get to the port..........really makes my day.. Rolling Eyes
Yes, I noticed that also.......oh well, at least the ones that are important know what's going on.

Incidentally, yes she did find this great deal of $12pp OW or $48 R/T (she even got the math right, must have used a calculator)!! But her last comment was......."much cheaper than NCL transfers". NCL doesn't offer transfers when you arrive in Newark! Am I missing something here????

WELCOME HOME SHEILA...............I know you are home...........so you'd better check in.

Yup I'm home. By now you've probably read a few posts that I've been doing in response to stuff as I try to ketchup. Thanks for the welcome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 11:10 pm

GrmyCRS wrote:
Welcome home Sheila!

Wishing Jil and Diane a fabulous cruise and great weather.

Nice posting, Marilyn!

Very cold here today, didn't get out of the 40's and weather folks are mentioning snow for us on Tuesday.

That's the good news...

The bad news...

We were burglarized yesterday. Long story but besides some of my jewery, (fortunately NOT the REALLY Good Stuff) new camera, and some cash...THE WORST HAPPENED...They took my passport and my birth certificate! Will take some time to see what else is missing.
Dumb me had the b/c with the passport. Had to call and report the passport stolen, and I now have to get a new certified b/c in order to get the passport. Martha may be doing the Monarch without me. The back part of the house (bedrooms) we tossed upside down, drawers emptied and the little $%#$%^ scribbled their horrible remarks on my bedroom door. The police don't think they got any good prints, but I'm still shaking in my boots. Martha is the calm sister. Still looking at the clothes they threw all over, but will have to start sorting through that pile. Anyway, had to vent to the most supportive people I know!

Think I'll go check what CCC has been up to...usually good for a laugh, and I do need a good one!

OMG !!!! My poor little Shrimp. I feel so bad for you and Martha. You must feel so violated. I hope they catch the little creeps.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 11:47 pm

Well.........I typed a whole response and apparently I was bannished!...it never showed up...........strange......

Chris........I am sooo sorry for you two..... I know how victimized you feel.....I have been burglarized at the store 4x now and it's tough......I can tell you there is one upside tho.....it has gotten me out of jury duty several times(being a victim of a crime like that)...I pray that your ppwk goes quickly in getting your birth cert and passport replaced.......

Sheila........welcome home.......hope u had a great time.

Sis and Diane........Bon Voyage.....wish I were going toooo

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 1:20 am

Chris and Martha -

I'm sending you a big hug! So sorry for your troubles!

Jen
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 10:34 am

Mornin' all.

Welcome back Sheila, thanks for the info on the haircut, not much more than what I pay at my salon. I'll have to think about it.

Chris I'm so sorry for you and Martha that's something terrible to have to go through. Hope you get your docs back in time to go on your cruise.

Thanks for all of the good cruise wishes. Jill and I wish y'all were coming with us.

I'm packed, only last minute things to throw into the carry-ons.

Need to get back at it.

d
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 11:07 am

Chris and Martha sorry to hear about your home and loss of documents. Jill and Diane enjoy your travels Welcome home to those you have been away good to see you back.
Has Jean #2 returned yet? Will be nice to see how her cruise on Vision turned out.

Need to get grandson moving faster this morning as he is taking to long to get ready for school. You'll have a wonderful day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 11:53 am

Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 12:26 pm

PH8 wrote:
Morning all.........

Heres YOUR chance to buy a really special RCCL souvenir... Wink

[url=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120209311557&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fws%2Fsearch%2FSaleSearch%3Fsofocus%3Dbs%26satitle%3D120209311557%26sacat%3D-1%2526catref%253DC5%26dfsp%3D1%26_trksid%3Dm37%26from%3DR7%26nojspr%3Dy%26pfid%3D0%26fsop%3D1%2526fsoo%253D1%26fcl%3D3%26frpp%3D50%26fvi%3D1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120209311557&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fws%2Fsearch%2FSaleSearch%3Fsofocus%3Dbs%26satitle%3D120209311557%26sacat%3D-1%2526catref%253DC5%26dfsp%3D1%26_trksid%3Dm37%26from%3DR7%26nojspr%3Dy%26pfid%3D0%26fsop%3D1%2526fsoo%253D1%26fcl%3D3%26frpp%3D50%26fvi%3D1[/quote[/url]]

Yes, I saw that. Isn't it a hoot! Leave it up to RCCL to cater to the Texans.

I bet some Longhorn fan buys those, who else would want them? I showed them to one of our UT grads here at work and he just laughed.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 12:44 pm

I can picture some rich Texan rancher buying them and putting it on the barn........
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 12:59 pm

Morning...............another sunny but cold day here. Supposed to hit the artic zone on Sunday.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 1:07 pm

PH8 wrote:
I can picture some rich Texan rancher buying them and putting it on the barn........

Not likely even the King Ranch Barn isn't that big. However, they'd look mighly purty over the stadium in Austin. Can you say Hook um' Horns?

d
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 2:39 pm

Good morning, SPBs! It's a gorgeous day, cool by So Cal standards, but nice and sunny. Here's hoping you all stay nice and warm!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 4:58 pm

OK, I just finished Nicholas Sparks book The Choice. Anyone else read this book? I think I went through a half box of Kleenex, went over lunch hour by an hour but I just had to finish it today.

d
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 6:07 pm

Sheila, WELCOME HOME, we've missed you! WE will be leaving on Feb 10.

Chris and Martha....how awful...That is hard to recover from...feeling violated...I had my wallet taken on a cruise and my camera on another cruise....but no nasty messages....What punks!!!
And such a hassle to get a certified copy of the BC!

Happy Floats Jill and Diane!

Hugs, Marilyn
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 7:17 pm

Quick question............I bought all the ingredients for the soup........do I drain all the canned veggies first????

I also figured I would make the pork again soon since I have a roast in the freezer......lucky for me Publix had smuckers BYGO....so I got the apricot preserves,but then I tried to remember the other ingredients.......remembered the onion,chicken broth but couldnt remember the rest............It was Dijon.fortunatley,I have a bottle since I had to buy it for the last time.....

Could someone please post the other recipe we had(the one with the beef,hidden valley ranch,italian dressing and ??????).......I promise to print it out so I wont have to ask again........

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 8:01 pm

Kathy, don't drain anything, just toss it all into the pot. My crockpot isn't big enough, so I just simmered it on low heat for a few hours. Sorry, I can't remember the pork recipe.

I did a variation on the maple chicken - I roasted just the veggies with maple syrup, a little melted butter & salt. I sprinkled Vegeta (a Croatian spice mix, found it at my Croation butcher's shop, but a friend found it at her local place in Vancouver so it's readily available) on some boneless skinless chicken breasts, let it sit for a bit, then dredged them in plain bread crumbs and sauteed them in olive oil. Wow, was that ever tasty!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 8:10 pm

PH8 wrote:
Quick question............I bought all the ingredients for the soup........do I drain all the canned veggies first????

I also figured I would make the pork again soon since I have a roast in the freezer......lucky for me Publix had smuckers BYGO....so I got the apricot preserves,but then I tried to remember the other ingredients.......remembered the onion,chicken broth but couldnt remember the rest............It was Dijon.fortunatley,I have a bottle since I had to buy it for the last time.....

Could someone please post the other recipe we had(the one with the beef,hidden valley ranch,italian dressing and ??????).......I promise to print it out so I wont have to ask again........

Thanks.
On the Veggies.........I'd like to know that also. To Drain or Not to Drain..........that is the question.

I pkg. dry of Hidden Valley Ranch, Good Seasons Italian Salad Dressing and.......Brown Gravy Mix. Don't forget the 1 cup of water also.!! Oh and one pot roast.........mix dry ingredients......pour water in crock pot add meat and sprinkle with dry ingredients. Cook on low about 8 hours or longer.

Last edited by on Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 8:22 pm

Good afternoon everybody. Back to the grind today, 2 classes and 2 lessons. Now I'm trying to read mail and unpack to do laundry. I'm off til Tuesday afternoon so I'll be caught up by then.

Chris and Martha hope you are feeling a bit better and less violated.

Have a great rest of the day everyone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 8:24 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
PH8 wrote:

Thanks.
On the Veggies.........I'd like to know that also. To Drain or Not to Drain..........that is the question.

I pkg. dry of Hidden Valley Ranch, Good Seasons Italian Salad Dressing and.......Brown Gravy Mix. Don't forget the 1 cup of water also.!!

Per Julie, Don't drain anything just dump and go. Yummie!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 13 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next