Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+10
RBOUR
cruiseforme
nancyk2sea
JJ2sail
GrmyCRS
vlscruiser
critterchick
jillybabes
Murphy
cruisenfever
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 1:55 pm

Hi everyone..........just quickly stopping by to say hello and wish everyone a great day.

Our weather here is gorgeous.......going to be about 61 degrees. Sheila, it's heading your way for tomorrow.

I also enjoyed the Norway post........still trying to figure it out. Is it a ship she's referring to??
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 3:50 pm

I just got a letter from none other than Adam Goldstein thanking me for cruising on Radiance to Alaska. He also enclosed two gift certificates, one for $25 and one for $50 to be used on any cruise booked between 11/12 and 1/11/08. Dang.....if we just lived closer to a port!! Sad

Do ya think I should start a thread on the main RCI boards letting everybody know that I, did indeed, get a savings certificate from THE MAN himself and didn't have to complain about one thing!! ThumpsUp
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 4:06 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
I just got a letter from none other than Adam Goldstein thanking me for cruising on Radiance to Alaska. He also enclosed two gift certificates, one for $25 and one for $50 to be used on any cruise booked between 11/12 and 1/11/08. Dang.....if we just lived closer to a port!! Sad

Do ya think I should start a thread on the main RCI boards letting everybody know that I, did indeed, get a savings certificate from THE MAN himself and didn't have to complain about one thing!! ThumpsUp

Great news about the cert. maybe we will get one bounce ...I could use it for our cruises that are booked!!! Later, Jill
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 4:09 pm

jillybabes wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:

Great news about the cert. maybe we will get one bounce ...I could use it for our cruises that are booked!!! Later, Jill
They have to be used on NEWLY booked cruises between those dates. I have 4 cruises on the books.............and can't use them. That's OK, it's the thought that counts. Smile
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 4:26 pm

cruisenfever wrote:

That's great news Patti, I know someone who'll be green with envy. alien

Wasn't that the nicest thing to do?

d
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 4:32 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
jillybabes wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:

They have to be used on NEWLY booked cruises between those dates. I have 4 cruises on the books.............and can't use them. That's OK, it's the thought that counts. Smile

Yes it is Laughing ...
Back to top Go down
Linda in KY
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 5:23 pm

cruisenfever wrote:

I just got one too! Too bad I can't use them; don't think I could talk Maurice into taking another cruise before Hawaii next fall. He says he doesn't want to take more than one cruise a year.

But then on the other hand we are talking about going to Branson for a week in the spring. Nothing definite yet though.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 5:55 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
jillybabes wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:

Patti I just checked there are plenty of cabins available on the 1/20 sailing of Jewell. Jill and I would love to see you again.

d
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 6:10 pm

frudutx wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:
jillybabes wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:

Patti I just checked there are plenty of cabins available on the 1/20 sailing of Jewell. Jill and I would love to see you again.

d
Would love to join you..............but you gotta remember we always have a weather issue in January here...........it's called the Lake Erie Snow Machine and until the lake freezes..............it's always working!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 6:24 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
frudutx wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:
jillybabes wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:

d
Would love to join you..............but you gotta remember we always have a weather issue in January here...........it's called the Lake Erie Snow Machine and until the lake freezes..............it's always working!

Yes, I remember that's why we live in Texas rather than PA. I really don't miss the snow.

d
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 9:10 pm

I got the coupons tooo..........maybe Adam knows who the spb's are...........hehehehhehe

Linda........don't forget to stop and see us if you come to Branson!!!!!!!!!

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 9:45 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
I got the coupons tooo..........maybe Adam knows who the spb's are...........hehehehhehe

jul Smile
Bet he heard about the Polar Bear Breakfast!!! Remember, she did not attend.
Back to top Go down
Linda in KY
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 9:48 pm

cruiseforme wrote:

jul Smile

I'll be sure and do that....but you'll have to tell me for sure where you are! I have heard conflicting ideas about the area lately. A lot of people are saying that they have been disappointed. I've been told that there are a lot of empty places and some of the outlet malls are almost empty. Is that the case or is there still plenty of shopping and things to do?

Linda
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 10:22 pm

Linda.......yup, there is more than ample things to do......the Factory Merchants Mall is one of three outlet malls in town and that one has a lot of vacancies....Tanger Mall is the happening place...they have opened 'the landing' which as a local we don't like....it's a higher end shopping district that tends to hog the tourist's time so that they don't have much time to shop our end of town!...Tkgiving weekend there won't be a vacancy in town and the malls won't have a parking spot to be had......still lots of shows and tons to do....

Now I sound like an ad!!..........Anyhow, I'm at Giftware Outlet which is on the strip........you can email me at my screen name @ aol dot com and I'll email you my phone number and such.........

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
Linda in KY
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 11:08 pm

Jul, you've got mail!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 1:23 am

cruisenfever wrote:

How nice is that Very Happy and you got it for being a good doobey not a blonde nuisance. I think you should post it and hope she sees it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 1:29 am

cruiseforme wrote:
I got the coupons tooo..........maybe Adam knows who the spb's are...........hehehehheh

jul Smile

Wow!!! Maybe some are coming my way too. Seems like our group is getting some favorable mention in the Ivory Tower in Miami.
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 4:47 pm

Greetings from the Vision! I'm having a wonderful time, but have managed to bang up something every day. Carol talked me into trying the rock wall on Monday and I pulled a quad on my very first step. Then yesterday we went kayaking. I was kinda clumsy with the paddle and kept whacking myself on the knee, so now that's all bruised up and swollen. And I pulled something in my right shoulder. At least I haven't hurt myself on the dance floor yet!

That's great news about the coupons. We got one earlier in the year after sailing on the Jewel, and booked a Monarch cruise.

Sheila, guess who one of the pursers is on Vision - none other than Alastair! I have already demagnetized my Seapass, and he was there when I had to replace it. Too funny! He's also trying to track down my shareholder credit, which should have appeared by now. Of course this is one cruise that I forgot to bring the confirmation email, but I can always print it out and bring it to the desk if I have to, LOL.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 4:59 pm

Greetings everyone........been a busy day so far. Grocery shopping day is always a bummer..........but I am sure glad tht I went today for all the stuff for Thanksgiving. Don't even want to go near the store next week. Of course, as Jim said as we walked out the door...........you'll be going back before turkey day!! He has no faith in me!

Hi Jean.....glad you are having a good time, but sorry to hear of all the banging up you're getting. Now, make sure you go to GR and tell them that the rock climbing wall moved.......the paddle malfunctioned when you went to use it and your hurt your shoulder in the shower because the water turned from hot to cold and you had a hard time adjusting the knobs!! Might get you a discount off a future cruise!! Oh, I know, I'm bad. Razz Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 6:20 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Greetings everyone........been a busy day so far. Grocery shopping day is always a bummer..........but I am sure glad tht I went today for all the stuff for Thanksgiving. Don't even want to go near the store next week. Of course, as Jim said as we walked out the door...........you'll be going back before turkey day!! He has no faith in me!

Hi Jean.....glad you are having a good time, but sorry to hear of all the banging up you're getting. Now, make sure you go to GR and tell them that the rock climbing wall moved.......the paddle malfunctioned when you went to use it and your hurt your shoulder in the shower because the water turned from hot to cold and you had a hard time adjusting the knobs!! Might get you a discount off a future cruise!! Oh, I know, I'm bad. Razz Razz Razz Razz

Yes, Jean for heavens sake haven't you learned anything?

Patti, I'm with you there I don't plan to go near a grocery store after Saturday. I tried to stock up this past weekend, of course it helps that I'm not cooking Thanksgiving this year.

Working from home tomorrow, my Redhats group is coming for our monthly meeting so I plan to cook a little, clean a little and work a little.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 7:32 pm

critterchick wrote:
Greetings from the Vision! I'm having a wonderful time, but have managed to bang up something every day. Carol talked me into trying the rock wall on Monday and I pulled a quad on my very first step. Then yesterday we went kayaking. I was kinda clumsy with the paddle and kept whacking myself on the knee, so now that's all bruised up and swollen. And I pulled something in my right shoulder. At least I haven't hurt myself on the dance floor yet!

That's great news about the coupons. We got one earlier in the year after sailing on the Jewel, and booked a Monarch cruise.

Sheila, guess who one of the pursers is on Vision - none other than Alastair! I have already demagnetized my Seapass, and he was there when I had to replace it. Too funny! He's also trying to track down my shareholder credit, which should have appeared by now. Of course this is one cruise that I forgot to bring the confirmation email, but I can always print it out and bring it to the desk if I have to, LOL.

Jean what a hoot that you would run into "Mr. Speed up to stop" I hope he's better at solving your problems than he was as Concierge. Do you think he's moved up any? I'd be surprised if he has. Have a great time and try not to do any more harm to yourself. BTW who are you dancing with? :spi: Just wondering. affraid
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 7:41 pm

Hi SPB's! It's a nice sunny 74 degrees today!

Jean- Glad you're having a good time on Vision! Maybe a nice spa treatment will help the aches.

What is everyone doing for turkey day???? I am in total denile that next week is the big day!

Oh, almost forgot. I got the new savings certificates, but no special letter from Adam! Sad

Last edited by on Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 7:44 pm

Joining the talk about shopping. I have to do a major holiday shopping soon, maybe tomorrow. I am in panic mode now. My DS an family are coming for a week next Tuesday and I need to clean and prepare. As well as that we are doing Christmas with them so I have to have gifts bought and wrapped and my tree up so we can have both holidays at the same time. Don't get me wrong, I love having all the family together and I will be very happy to have them all but I havn't figured out how to get there by Tuesday yet. I guess my day off tomorrow will be kind of busy Huh!!!
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 8:57 pm

Thanksgiving for us will be celebrated at a local restaurant with 7 friends since we are leaving the next day for Ft. Lauderdale to spend the night before we board the Radiance on our first B2B Wink . We are excited!!! Tomorrow we are going to get the luggage out and start packing!!!

No coupons yet for us, but seems I am always at the bottom of the list so by next month maybe we will get one sunny ...

Jean is probably dancing with Carol (dirtgirl) who usually closes the disco...Take care Jean...Later, Jill Cool
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 9:37 pm

Another day done......thank goodness......

Planning on cooking tgiving dinner for us and my dd and her family.....

First week of Dec I are heading up to Chicago for a shopping trip with my two dd's and grdaugh......and hopefully will finally get down to the city of chgo to see Michigan Ave....(lived there over 20 years and NEVER went to the city of Chgo!!!!)

Diane, DH is heading ur way Fri....he has to go to Denton to put in a wood floor for my mom.......I can't go as store is too busy and shortstaffed.....He plans on getting there Fri eve, moving furniture and laying floor Sat am and booking it home Sat night!!!!...We'll see!!!

Well......that's life here in Branson!!!.....other than work work work work

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next