Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
vlscruiser
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 10:04 pm

Hello Ladies,

No coupons here at this mailbox Sad .

Jean have lots of fun and take it easy on the accidents. Smile

Son, his wife, grandson and I will be in my home for Thanksgiving dinner. Guess I better get to the grocery store and pick up the stuff I need. DoggieBreak

Neither Max (now at the the kennel) or Winston (at home) have changed their attitude about Alex. Will give Winston the next few days and see if anything changes. If nothing does they both will go live with their brother.

Catch you later.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 10:04 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
Another day done......thank goodness......

Planning on cooking tgiving dinner for us and my dd and her family.....

First week of Dec I are heading up to Chicago for a shopping trip with my two dd's and grdaugh......and hopefully will finally get down to the city of chgo to see Michigan Ave....(lived there over 20 years and NEVER went to the city of Chgo!!!!)

Diane, DH is heading ur way Fri....he has to go to Denton to put in a wood floor for my mom.......I can't go as store is too busy and shortstaffed.....He plans on getting there Fri eve, moving furniture and laying floor Sat am and booking it home Sat night!!!!...We'll see!!!

Well......that's life here in Branson!!!.....other than work work work work

jul Smile

WOW that's what I call a quick trip. Weather should be good for him though even if there is a cool front coming through tonight it's still supposed to remain dry. Tell David safe trip.

We'll spend Saturday at Texas Stadium, the High School our DD graduated from made it to the state playoffs and they'll be at the stadium along with their 600 piece marching band affraid . We haven't been to a game all year but don't want to miss the playoffs.

Jill no coupons for us either Sad .

d
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 10:33 pm

Wow, Jean is really having a BANG UP TIME!!! (sorry couldn't resist)

Jean - Glad you're having a grand time despite the injuries. Hope there's no more treacherous activities planned.

Jill - No letter from Adam here, but did get the coupons. Nothing for our TA cruise (%^$#).

Ginny - What a shame about the possibility of giving up the "babies". Sad Sure hope they calm down and accept Alex.

Nothing special planned here for Thanksgiving, but looking forward to those four days off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 12:41 am

jillybabes wrote:
Thanksgiving for us will be celebrated at a local restaurant with 7 friends since we are leaving the next day for Ft. Lauderdale to spend the night before we board the Radiance on our first B2B Wink . We are excited!!! Tomorrow we are going to get the luggage out and start packing!!!

No coupons yet for us, but seems I am always at the bottom of the list so by next month maybe we will get one sunny ...

Jean is probably dancing with Carol (dirtgirl) who usually closes the disco...Take care Jean...Later, Jill Cool

That sounds like my kind of Thanksgiving Jill. Eat sleep and then cruise. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 12:50 am

vlscruiser wrote:
Hello Ladies,

No coupons here at this mailbox Sad .

Jean have lots of fun and take it easy on the accidents. Smile

Son, his wife, grandson and I will be in my home for Thanksgiving dinner. Guess I better get to the grocery store and pick up the stuff I need. DoggieBreak

Neither Max (now at the the kennel) or Winston (at home) have changed their attitude about Alex. Will give Winston the next few days and see if anything changes. If nothing does they both will go live with their brother.

Catch you later.

Ginny I feel so bad for you if you have to give up your boys. Isn't there any way you can resolve it? I kind of understand because my Max is a bit like that. He adores us and all our kids and grandkids except that he rarely sees DS and family from Chicago. He welcomes Steve and the baby but my DIL who wouldn't harm a fly is not accepted for some reason. So the baby becomes his charge and if she trys to pick her up he goes after her. I can usually resolve it within the first few days but I do have to watch him. He doen't like anybody strange soming into the house or walking down HIS street for that matter. Seems like he's always on guard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 12:56 am

frudutx wrote:
cruiseforme wrote:
Another day done......thank goodness......

Planning on cooking tgiving dinner for us and my dd and her family.....

First week of Dec I are heading up to Chicago for a shopping trip with my two dd's and grdaugh......and hopefully will finally get down to the city of chgo to see Michigan Ave....(lived there over 20 years and NEVER went to the city of Chgo!!!!)

Diane, DH is heading ur way Fri....he has to go to Denton to put in a wood floor for my mom.......I can't go as store is too busy and shortstaffed.....He plans on getting there Fri eve, moving furniture and laying floor Sat am and booking it home Sat night!!!!...We'll see!!!

Well......that's life here in Branson!!!.....other than work work work work

jul Smile

WOW that's what I call a quick trip. Weather should be good for him though even if there is a cool front coming through tonight it's still supposed to remain dry. Tell David safe trip.

We'll spend Saturday at Texas Stadium, the High School our DD graduated from made it to the state playoffs and they'll be at the stadium along with their 600 piece marching band affraid . We haven't been to a game all year but don't want to miss the playoffs.

d

Wow!!!! 600 pieces. I'd love to hear that. Our DD was Drum Major fro her HS Band of about 90 pieces and we loved going to Band Competitions but a big band like that must sound amazing. We always spent TG Morning at the annual Turkey Bowl of rival HS teams and bands.
Back to top Go down
TwitchOR
Charter Member
Charter Member
TwitchOR

Number of posts : 208

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 9:00 am

critterchick wrote:
Greetings from the Vision! I'm having a wonderful time, but have managed to bang up something every day. Carol talked me into trying the rock wall on Monday and I pulled a quad on my very first step. Then yesterday we went kayaking. I was kinda clumsy with the paddle and kept whacking myself on the knee, so now that's all bruised up and swollen. And I pulled something in my right shoulder. At least I haven't hurt myself on the dance floor yet!
Hi Jean - Sure sounds like an accident prone cruise! Hope things improve for the rest of the week. I've booked Vision for Jan 2008 and I'm looking forward to some nice weather. Who's the CD? Hopefully I won't have any reason to see Alastair, and, as I won't be Diamond till after this cruise, I probably won't see the inside of the Concierge Lounge.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 10:01 am

Dramaqueen wrote:
frudutx wrote:

d

Wow!!!! 600 pieces. I'd love to hear that. Our DD was Drum Major fro her HS Band of about 90 pieces and we loved going to Band Competitions but a big band like that must sound amazing. We always spent TG Morning at the annual Turkey Bowl of rival HS teams and bands.

Yes, it is quite a sight they fill the field that's for sure. We were quite proud of Tricia when she was part of the band even though at that point it was only about 400 - 450 students. I remember riding on the bus with the kids to the first playoff game back in 2000 and walking through the tunnel at Texas Stadium onto the field, what a rush.

Off and running with the cooking and working. lol!

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 11:07 am

Its a dreary rainy day today here. It matches my mood as I have to spend the day cleaning and shopping.Sad Oh well, if the sun were shining I'd want to go out and play. lol!

Off I go. Catcha all later.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 11:09 am

Good Morning SPB's
A lovely day again today...Waiting for my window cleaner to get here and after he leaves will get the luggage out and start the packing process...Will check back Later...Jill

Up Next: Fr 11/09, Solstice 2/10, Oasis 10/10, Holiday Mystery Cruise 12/10
Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 PolarBearBanner1
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 11:22 am

Good Morning Ladies,

Was a great day here yesterday, hope we have the same today!

Did a little shopping for the Christmas Tea that our Church does each year. Nancy and I were looking for tablecloths and found a color and size at Bed, Bath and Beyond that works. Nancy is in charge of planning the food and we have been getting together with a few other ladies to test recipies and eat the finished product. Such a diffcult job!! I will be on the Monarch this year when the Tea is on but they made me promise to not be gone next year in Nov or Dec. Gosh just cause I was the one who suggested Nancy be in charge of the kitchen. Laughing

Off to the dentist today, found out I have a tooth that needs a filling.

Since you'll reminded me that next week is Thanksgiving I will make a stop at the market on the way home (I hope) to get groceries.

Everyone enjoy your day Gday
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 1:35 pm

Good morning............another dreary day here. The SNOW is coming unfortunately later this evening.

Thanksgiving day will be just Jim and I. Since our son married into a rather LARGE Italian family in 2006, and to keep peace with her family, we just tell him to spend the day with them. It's too long of a story to tell..........they will stop over to visit, though, so I will look forward to that.

Thanksgiving used to be an annual event at our house with our parents and relatives, but since they are all gone, I look at it as just another day. I really just wanted to go away for the holidays and then when we would get home they would be over for another year.

Have a great day.....off to have my hair done.
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 2:19 pm

Patti,

A few years ago I took a cruise over Thanksgiving and went away for Christmas. It was actually nice. However upon my return I found out that a water pipe cracked under the front courtyard and I had a major plumbing bill. Shocked

I do like going away for the holiday but with gs will be staying home again for a few years. Once I am on my own again, I will be off to explore the world again. Smile

I also told my son that he and his wife need to establish their own holidays and what had been our traditions may not work for them. It turns out since her family does not live in this country they get together with me but .......... if she had family close by probably not.

Suppose to be a little cooler today but still lovely outside. Smile
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 2:36 pm

I'm mostly dancing with Carol or myself, although I did dance with one of my tablemates, too. I didn't hurt anything yesterday, but today is the America's Cup Yacht race, so I'll just have to make sure I don't fall overboard, LOL. The spa is having a $50 off aromatherapy treatment so I'm going to have one of those when I get back.

Alastair came through - Miami had only authorized a $50 shareholder credit instead of $100, so that's supposed to be corrected today. I'll check later.

Jean2, there's no Concierge Lounge on the Vision. And at the Purser's Desk they said that they are phasing out the bridge, galley & behind the scenes tours for D+ beause of security and safey reasons. I bet they won't have anything in their places, either. Wah!

Turkey Day will be at my brother's. I'm letting him do all the cooking this year.

OK, gotta get ready to sail!
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 2:59 pm

Good Team Work Jean!

Enjoy the ACY race.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 5:39 pm

Good Afternoon Ladies: Guesss we are not at the bottom of the list as I got the cert. in the mail too...I have a call to my TA and we can use it on our New Year's Cruise that we just booked Mon...Later, Jill

Back to top Go down
TwitchOR
Charter Member
Charter Member
TwitchOR

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 8:40 am

jillybabes wrote:
Good Afternoon Ladies: Guesss we are not at the bottom of the list as I got the cert. in the mail too...I have a call to my TA and we can use it on our New Year's Cruise that we just booked Mon...Later, Jill
Hi everyone - Don't think I'm even on the list! Writing letters has never been one of my favorite activities. Pity, as I've 3 cruises in the next couple of months.
Back to top Go down
TwitchOR
Charter Member
Charter Member
TwitchOR

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 8:44 am

critterchick wrote:
I'm mostly dancing with Carol or myself, although I did dance with one of my tablemates, too. I didn't hurt anything yesterday, but today is the America's Cup Yacht race, so I'll just have to make sure I don't fall overboard, LOL. The spa is having a $50 off aromatherapy treatment so I'm going to have one of those when I get back.
Hope you won the ACY , I enjoyed it so much when I did it years ago. Sounds like you're enoying your 'girls cruise'. Virginia and I will have to get our dancing shoes on too when we're on Monarch in a couple of weeks. Booked the flight a couple of days ago, so now I have to think about packing.
Back to top Go down
TwitchOR
Charter Member
Charter Member
TwitchOR

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 8:54 am

cruisenfever wrote:
Thanksgiving used to be an annual event at our house with our parents and relatives, but since they are all gone, I look at it as just another day. I really just wanted to go away for the holidays and then when we would get home they would be over for another year.
Patti - Sounds like the winter blues have reached Cleveland. It's so dark and dreary in the winter months. You need a cruise!

The only holiday that's celebrated in England is Christmas and we make a huge thing of it. We always had the family at my folks house - 20+ one year, we had to borrow tables from our church! Only 2 90+ year old aunts and my cousin are still alive, so it's very different. I'm working Christmas and will be lucky to get anything more than the usual microwave dinner.

Thanksgiving is at a friend's house here, for the first time. Should be interesting. I'm taking "the relish tray" which she says it's olives, carrot & celery sticks ? Is there anything more that should be part of it? I'd welcome any advice Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 10:10 am

Jean........a relish tray usually has the stuff u said but then a veggie dip and some cut up broccoli and cauliflower...(I usually buy one at Walmart supercenter or Sams club!!)..that way it's all done and less than $15!

well......I have to do something I NEVER thought I'd have to do....cancel my january cruise.....final is due Sun....I DON"T WANNA DO IT SadSadSad.......I feel my sanity going straight out the window....

Soooo now that I've actually put it in words, it seems more real..........work is crazy right now and dj can't do the week off.....waaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

jul Sad
Back to top Go down
TwitchOR
Charter Member
Charter Member
TwitchOR

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 10:34 am

cruiseforme wrote:
Jean........a relish tray usually has the stuff u said but then a veggie dip and some cut up broccoli and cauliflower...(I usually buy one at Walmart supercenter or Sams club!!)..that way it's all done and less than $15!

well......I have to do something I NEVER thought I'd have to do....cancel my january cruise.....final is due Sun....I DON"T WANNA DO IT SadSadSad.......I feel my sanity going straight out the window....

Soooo now that I've actually put it in words, it seems more real..........work is crazy right now and dj can't do the week off.....waaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

jul Sad
Jul - thanks for the help. Costco here I come!

Cancelling your cruise sucks big time. Have a margarita and try to forget about it!
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 10:43 am

cruiseforme wrote:

jul Sad

Good Morning SPB's

Jul: How terrible that you have to cancel, is this the one that Dianna & Jim are also on??? If so, I know that she will feel terrible as she was looking so forward to spending time with you and David...They are such a lovely couple and we enjoyed the time spent with them in Alaska...

Jean: Ditto on the Relish tray, let Costco/Sams do the work!!!
I was able to use the $50 coupon on our NY's cruise on Grandeur that we just booked on Monday, so thanks RCI (I don't think it had anything to do with the letters we wrote, after all it was a form letter)...

Getting luggage out today for our Radiance cruise next week sunny ...
Does anyone have any messages for crew when we are on board???
By the way cold front came in last night and it is a breezy 46 degrees....Later, Jill Cool

Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 11:17 am

Good Morning Ladies,

Would any of you know what the weather would be like in Spain, Italy, around the end of June? Thanks

Bible study here at the house this morning and then on to Nancy's to try out some different foods for the up coming tea.

Thinking about enrolling in the color class along with Nancy for the Spring session. Classes are twice a week mid-day so I will be home in time for Alex and still have time in the morning to not be rushed out the door.

Jill have a great cruise. Jul hope you will be able to reschedule a cruise soon.

Well need to get the day started. You'll have a wonderful day
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 11:49 am

jillybabes wrote:
cruiseforme wrote:

jul Sad

Good Morning SPB's

Jul: How terrible that you have to cancel, is this the one that Dianna & Jim are also on??? If so, I know that she will feel terrible as she was looking so forward to spending time with you and David...They are such a lovely couple and we enjoyed the time spent with them in Alaska...

Jean: Ditto on the Relish tray, let Costco/Sams do the work!!!
I was able to use the $50 coupon on our NY's cruise on Grandeur that we just booked on Monday, so thanks RCI (I don't think it had anything to do with the letters we wrote, after all it was a form letter)...

Getting luggage out today for our Radiance cruise next week sunny ...
Does anyone have any messages for crew when we are on board???
By the way cold front came in last night and it is a breezy 46 degrees....Later, Jill Cool

Yes, tell Jade and Louis we said hello! Have a wonderful time.

d
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 1:23 pm

Good morning everyone!

Okay, I hate to disagree with you Jul and Jill. But if you add dip and more vegies it becomes a Crudite' plate or veggie tray. If I'm doing a relish tray, it is usually celery, olives, pickles, marinated mushrooms or artichoke hearts stuff like that. I like to do the little sweet gerkins, and also the baby dills, and a couple kinds of olives, at Christmas I add the little pickled crab apples.

Anyway that's my take! Wink I guess everyone has their own way of doing things. Very Happy

Patti and Jean you need to hop on a plane and come spend the holiday's in California!

I'm kicking myself for not booking another Monarch cruise before October, the rates have really gone up.

I have a confession to make, for all of you that are getting out your luggage to pack for upcoming cruises....... I haven't put my luggage away from Alaska! What do you think that means? (Okay besides being lazy).

Have a good weekend everyone! Going to a 12 hour scrapbooking event on Sat.

Jen
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Line Specific Boards :: Royal Caribbean :: Royal Caribbean All Aboard! (Roll Call) :: 2007-
Jump to: