Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+14
Linda in KY
JJ2sail
barbeeAL
TwitchOR
RBOUR
VegasSpunk
vlscruiser
critterchick
grizzlybear
cruiseforme
cruisenfever
GrmyCRS
Murphy
jillybabes
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 11:58 pm

Hi!! All My SPB Friends. What a time we had. You are all so special. I don't know where to start with my thanks, but for sure, Chris and Martha took us in to their family for dinner and we just loved all of them. Thanks Jean for the AWESOME sailaway party from Astoria. I'm glad Carmen is doing better. Thanks to Susan and Barb for the Polar Bear Breakfast, what a blast. We could not have asked for a better group of people and I can't wait to cruise with many of you again.
We arrived home at 3am this morning. We did not have a very good end to our cruise. We had booked the LA Tour with airport drop-off but were very late getting off as you already know. We got to the buses and there were enough buses for passengers but not enough room for luggage. We got on a bus and Bob waited to make sure our luggage got loaded which it did not so we had to get off that bus. They tried to fit the many of us who were left on other buses to no acail so we were put on a bus and sent right to LAX witha promise of a refund from the rep from the ship whom I felt heart and soul sorry for as people were ranting at her. So we missed the tour and were very early for our 3.30pm flight but not even that will spoil the wonderful memories of our 14 other days. I won't post this on CC because I'm not giving CCC any fuel for her fire. I'm sure it will come out though, it was a frightful scene.

CCC was a trip and I understand from some one who is in the know that if she keeps up her stuff she may be dis-invited to sail with RCI. Keep you fingers and toes crossed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 12:04 am

cruisenfever wrote:
Hi everyone...........

We arrived home at midight and are trying to get organized. LJ is looking for clean underwear as I type. I'm having a problem typing as the room is moving back and forth...........or is it me!!

Thanks to all the SPB's for making this trip so very special. I really hope we can all get together again and have the same great fun that we all just had.

Thanks to Jean#1 for the wonderful sail away party in her cabin when leaving Astoria.

Let's not let this thread die.............I do so want to keep in contact with you all.

Kathy...............LauraS is going to get a nice email from me concerning our dear friend and this trip. I do hope that one day Laura has the same experience sailing with her as we did. You really can't believe how she acts and talks unless you actually encounter her in person. She is even more obnixious and rude in person than she is on the boards..........if that's possible.

Well, glad to hear that everyone made it home..........now I must go and cut the grass and then the dreaded laundry........ugh.

Glad to see your home and back to the grind. lol!
I'm so glad we finally met and I look forward to Splendour. I have laundry done and put away but lots of other STUFF waiting to find a home.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 12:05 am

JJ2sail wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:
JJ2sail wrote:
Hey everyone! We got home about 4:30 yesterday, and I went straight to bed! Spent this morning at the Doctors office. He said I didn't break any ribs, but probably tore some ligaments in my back, and give me another prescription.

It was really nice seeing everyone, I don't think I was able to meet everyone though. I didn't hear about ccc getting thrown out of the cl?? I only passed her a couple of times in the hall and tried to look the other way. We did see her a few times at guest relations and you could tell she was complaining again or still!

Anyway, thought it was an excellent cruise, made even more excellent by all of you!

Take care!

Jen
Jen........how did you sustain your back injury? Did something happen to you on the ship? Please take care and wishing you a speedy recovery.

I fell in Sitka, I was on the way back to the ship, and not watching what I was doing, and tripped on a curb, and fell on my camera! My own stupidity. Any way, I bruised the right side of my ribs and pulled or possibly tore something in my back. I had some vicodin with me for my knee's, which fortunately my knee's held up! But, it came in handy after my fall!

Jen

Jen I hope you feel better soon. I actually saw you at LAX but not close enough to talk to you.
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 12:31 am

Jen we talked on the ship about your fall and I am glad it is not your ribs but sorry that you might have tore something. Please rest as much as possible and I wish you a complete and quick healing.

Jean I know it is hard to see Carmen walking on just three legs but she will learn and being home will speed the recovery. Thanks to both you and Don for the great party cheers . Enjoyed the dinners in WJ that Nancy and I shared with you both as well.

Patti Thanks for teaching me Trash and the winnings HappyHappyJoyJoy

I know I am missing many of you so please know that each of you made this cruise very special and so much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 10:45 am

Good Morning SPB's! Thank you all for a very wonderful trip! I think this was the best cruise and definitely was the best group of people we've ever sailed with! Kudos to all!

I'm slowly getting back to reality. Sent MIL home on the train last night, did many loads of laundry, but still have 2 to go! Wrote my resignation letter yesterday!!! Haven't gone grocery shopping NOR have I cooked anything yet! I can't seem to get adjusted to the time difference either. Ray and I were both up past midnight again last night... 4:15am is surely going to come EARLY tomorrow... YIKES!

Patti, thanks for the company at the airport! It sure was nice to finish out the cruise chatting with you and Jim.

My Dad arrives on Tuesday for a week, so I guess I'd better do some house cleaning and grocery shopping today. Man... reality bites!

Have a great day everyone!
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 4:07 pm

Hi Everyone, feeling much better today. I posted some pictures on cc.

Jean, glad Carmen is doing better! Thanks again for everything!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 4:34 pm

Murphy wrote:
Good Morning SPB's! Thank you all for a very wonderful trip! I think this was the best cruise and definitely was the best group of people we've ever sailed with! Kudos to all!

I'm slowly getting back to reality. Sent MIL home on the train last night, did many loads of laundry, but still have 2 to go! Wrote my resignation letter yesterday!!! Haven't gone grocery shopping NOR have I cooked anything yet! I can't seem to get adjusted to the time difference either. Ray and I were both up past midnight again last night... 4:15am is surely going to come EARLY tomorrow... YIKES!

Patti, thanks for the company at the airport! It sure was nice to finish out the cruise chatting with you and Jim.

My Dad arrives on Tuesday for a week, so I guess I'd better do some house cleaning and grocery shopping today. Man... reality bites!

Have a great day everyone!
Your welcome........it was a great way to end our cruise. Too bad we didn't have more time to chat.

Good luck on the new job. Your old employer's loss is your new employer's gain. I know you will do an outstanding job.
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 8:34 pm

Host Jackie wrote:
Hey Polar Bears!

Sorry to intrude I just wanted to welcome all of you home and hope that you had a wonderful cruise!

If anyone wants to write a formal review just email to our ADMIN Tina and put REVIEW in the subject area, she'll get it right up for you. Unlike CC we don't edit, we simply cut and paste! So your experience is truly your experience Very Happy
WELCOME HOME!!

Thanks, Jackie! I did write a review (that CC didn't edit, miraculously) & would be happy to have it posted here. But i'm too lazy to look for Anne email - what might it be, pray tell?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 10:26 pm

Hi SPB's, I'm slowly getting back to normal and yes Patti I'm weaving a little too. I'm definitely suffering from CW though. Luckily I only have to wait 3 weeks. No matter how long a cruise is it's never enough is it. Are we brats or what? Cool We really are blessed to be able to go and do like we do.
Hope everyone had a good day. Back to work tomorrow for most of us I guess. Sad Hope it's not too bad of a day for all of you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 12:10 am

Just stopping back to make an observation.
IT'S AWFULLY QUIET IN OLD BROOKLYN WOULDN'T YOU SAY
Maybe she got BeamMeUp
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 10:49 am

Dramaqueen wrote:
Just stopping back to make an observation.
IT'S AWFULLY QUIET IN OLD BROOKLYN WOULDN'T YOU SAY
Maybe she got BeamMeUp

Yes, she's probably getting her thoughts together? lol!

d
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 11:19 am

Just checked. CCC's review is out on CC. Haven't read it yet! Heading there now.

I'm back:

Surprisingly she's not that negative, maybe she's afraid she'll get chucked off yet another cruise line.

d
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 11:43 am

gmorning spb's.........

Soooo many people to send sooo many thanks......so as to not forget somebody...THANK YOU ALL

this was definitely the most AWESOME cruise we have done yet.......

Bed by 1am and up by 9 am......still on LA time....

Looking around this house at the disaster zone!......suitcases, prepacking messes, no groceries.....HELP!!

Have a GR8 Monday y'all.......off to start on this disaster.

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
VegasSpunk
Charter Member
Charter Member
VegasSpunk

Number of posts : 26

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 11:52 am

Morning All. Glad to hear every one made it home safe, if not sound. Had a wonderful trip and met a lot of wonderful people. Still have a day or two before reality really hits and I have to go back to work. All I can say is:
I WANNA GO AGAIN
NOW!!!!!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 1:16 pm

Hi SPB's.............

Still putting things away and laundry is started.

Read HER review. A little surprising...........wonder if she will ever return to the roll call as she has in the past.

However, FYI, there is a thread going on the main boards about C&A changing credits to reach D/D+.....a rumor, so don't get too excited. But, someone also mentioned that their TA has told them that starting in January of 2008, the CL will only be for Suite Guests and D+.

The cruise after ours to Hawaii is only opened to Suites and D+ during the day becausde of the large number of D pax. I have a feeling that this is going to actually become reality in the near future from staff that we had talked with.

Hope everyone is having a great day and finally getting back into the swing of things.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 3:42 pm

Hi All SPB's: Reality has set in: Had to cook dinner last night Crying or Very sad!
Thanks again to all that made this cruise our best ever...We will be talking about this one for a looong time!!!
Patti: I saw the thread started about the CL, but it is only rumor at this point. I didn't miss the CL coffee/continental bkfast in the am and was pleased we were able to have our social/cocktail hour nightly...I did miss getting to know Reyno and when we are on in November hope to be able to meet Willie, but if the rules change, so be it Razz ...
I am heading over to check out CCC's post and will check back later, Jill Cool ...
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 4:08 pm

After all her complaining antics, I'm surprised she had anything good to say. Can't imagine them giving her 20% off on her next cruise unless it's on another cruiseline!

Done with laundry!!!! Smile But would rather be doing laundry than heading back to work tomorrow.

Sure miss you all and hope to cruise with you again one day.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 6:15 pm

GrmyCRS wrote:
After all her complaining antics, I'm surprised she had anything good to say. Can't imagine them giving her 20% off on her next cruise unless it's on another cruiseline!

Done with laundry!!!! Smile But would rather be doing laundry than heading back to work tomorrow.

Sure miss you all and hope to cruise with you again one day.
That was probably the only way to shut her up. ThumpsUp ThumpsUp ThumpsUp
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 6:59 pm

Hi SPB's I'm back to reality. Had to work and had to go food shopping. I guess I'll have to cook tonight too. Bah Humbug!!! HolySheep I read the review of our wonderful CCC. Poorly written and that's the nicest thing I can say. I guess she really felt special in her private dining room. I would have felt isolated. I'm with all of you though, I thought it would be worse. I was ready with an email to refute it.

I'll be out of town from Wed til Sat have to go stay with "I no yike yat" and her brother and sister while their Mom and Dad are at a conference. I'll try to post from their computer but I've had problems in the past so don't think I've abandoned you. In the meantime I'm here for a while.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 7:19 pm

Hi ladies........(there arent any guys that post here,are there???)

Ready for another vacation yet?? Hehe...........I bet after all the laundry and dinners,you are......

Read the review.......what can I say?? Just galls me she complains so much she gets a 20% certificate....She ALWAYS gets something free.....

Didnt read about the CL for DP only......bet that is a heated discussion....I'll go find it now.........

Went to Orlando today to go to some real malls(compared to the Ocala one....)

Sheila.......that cracks me up........I no yike yat. I can hear a little voice saying that......(sure it wasnt our friend?? Laughing )

Later all.................
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 7:48 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:
Humbug!!! HolySheep I read the review of our wonderful CCC. Poorly written and that's the nicest thing I can say. I guess she really felt special in her private dining room. I would have felt isolated. I'm with all of you though, I thought it would be worse. I was ready with an email to refute it.

Anybody who feels "special" being islolated in Breakers is pathetic. She was actually being punished. Cheers Remember.............they knew she was coming. She couldn't have had much laundry to do when she got home..........she was in the same two outfits in the evening the whole trip...........except on formal night........where she wore the same dress at least twice.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 7:53 pm

PH8 wrote:
Hi ladies........(there arent any guys that post here,are there???)

Ready for another vacation yet?? Hehe...........I bet after all the laundry and dinners,you are......

Read the review.......what can I say?? Just galls me she complains so much she gets a 20% certificate....She ALWAYS gets something free.....

Didnt read about the CL for DP only......bet that is a heated discussion....I'll go find it now.........

Went to Orlando today to go to some real malls(compared to the Ocala one....)

Sheila.......that cracks me up........I no yike yat. I can hear a little voice saying that......(sure it wasnt our friend?? Laughing )

Later all.................
Hey toots.............I haven't forgotten you. I plan on emailing you in the next couple of days with details.

I really wonder if she actually did get a 20% off discount on a future. I've always heard it's 25% off.

If you would have heard her spewing off to people at the bar in the Star Quest lounge that she was actually on the shore in SF with Jack Williams' secretary when he did the swim for charity from Alcatraz to Pier 39.

Should have seen the dancing she was doing when they started the bar to rotate. She must be getting into practice with that pole in Cabin 1388 on Adventure. She was doing contortions with her butt sticking out holding on to the two bar handles. For a woman of her age...............she certainly didn't act it.
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 8:19 pm

I would bet good money that she didn't get 20% off anything. Hundreds of new friends? Oh, come on now!

My TA (oh, that's right, we can mention them by name now, Bob DeAgazio) heard months ago that the C&A program will change so that days at sea are what will be counted toward P/D/D+, but that those who have already achieved their status will be grandfathered. Which is a good thing for me, considering that I have 15 cruises of 3 days or less!

I haven't heard about permanent changes to CL access - unless they retrofit the ships with a permanent D/D+ lounge ala Freedom & Liberty, I imagine it will be on a cruise by cruise basis.

Last edited by on Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 8:29 pm

Funny,I just posted on that thread(about the changes) about all my short cruises.....

I was wondering which one of you were her new friends?? Rolling Eyes

Patti---I think you'll be writing a novel......
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 8:30 pm

critterchick wrote:
I would bet good money that she didn't get 20% off anything. Hundreds of new friends? Oh, come on now!

My TA (oh, that's right, we can mention them by name now, Bob DeAgazio) heard months ago that the C&A program will change so that days at sea are what will be counted toward P/D/D+, but that those who have already achieved their status will be grandfathered. Which is a good thing for me, considering that I have 15 cruises of 3 days or less!
hehehe.........hundreds of friends...........you mean all those folks that were complaining about her were her friends. pale Glad they aren't my friends!!

Yes, I think Bob is right. Princess does it by days at sea.........and it looks like RCI is following in their footsteps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next