Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
jillybabes
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 2:28 pm

Good Job, Patti I'm proud of ya Wink

Up Next: Fr 11/09, Solstice 2/10, Oasis 10/10, Holiday Mystery Cruise 12/10
Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! PolarBearBanner1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 2:51 pm

I'm having a lunch break at the moment. I got a lot of cleaning done today already and hope to finish, then next week all I have to do is put my work hours in and primp and pack, everything is ready to go. May have some last minute laundry but that's about it I think. Okay back to work.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 2:55 pm

Good work everyone! I'm ticking thru my list too. Guest room is presentable as well as guest bath. Family room dusted and kitchen cleaned. I was hoping to get to our bed/bath, but I think that's going to have to wait until tomorrow!

Out to vacuum the pool...

Have a good afternoon. Patti, sorry, no happy hour for me today. Chores, then a B-Day party...
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 3:45 pm

I know there are quite a few of us who ordered the jammies/nightshirts from National Wildlife. I've washed, and washed and washed, (even left it soaking in fabric softener, but my red nightshirt still seems a bit stiff. Martha's blue one is much softer. Even used very hot water hoping to shrink it. Any brilliant ideas?

I'm watching Martha work on her "pile", looks like I'll be staying home. affraid
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 4:20 pm

Question........did I read on the roll call that the cabin crawl/poker/whatever is going to happen after lunch on Saturday which is after the M&M?

The first round of Championship Trivia will be at 2:30 on Saturday.........so for all of you that are trivia players.........you might want to keep that in mind.

I had a thought (and would have expressed it had I been allowed to Sad ) since the M&M is at noon on Saturday, the cabin crawl should have been planned at say 10:45 and ended up in the Hollywood Odyessy where the best poker hand could have been determined. Just a thought. That way, after the M&M, no ones afternoon would have been disrupted.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 4:21 pm

Chris, I have the red ones and they softened up a bit, but I know what you mean. I was thinking since we'll be out in public with them though, it might not be a bad thing if they have a little "structure" to them! Shocked
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 4:21 pm

GrmyCRS wrote:
I know there are quite a few of us who ordered the jammies/nightshirts from National Wildlife. I've washed, and washed and washed, (even left it soaking in fabric softener, but my red nightshirt still seems a bit stiff. Martha's blue one is much softer. Even used very hot water hoping to shrink it. Any brilliant ideas?

I'm watching Martha work on her "pile", looks like I'll be staying home. affraid
Did you try ironing it with a steam iron? Sometimes steam will soften things up.

Once she starts packing the clothes in the cubes...........you will be amazed at how much room you have.
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 4:47 pm

affraid IRON????????????? affraid

Jill - Thanks...hopefully Martha will be able to HOLLER. Wink

Susan - Guess it will be ok, and I might have to take Patti's suggestion and iron it. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 4:51 pm

GrmyCRS wrote:
affraid IRON????????????? affraid

I'm sorry.........I meant to say use your NORI!!! roflmao
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 5:11 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Question........did I read on the roll call that the cabin crawl/poker/whatever is going to happen after lunch on Saturday which is after the M&M?

The first round of Championship Trivia will be at 2:30 on Saturday.........so for all of you that are trivia players.........you might want to keep that in mind.

I had a thought (and would have expressed it had I been allowed to Sad ) since the M&M is at noon on Saturday, the cabin crawl should have been planned at say 10:45 and ended up in the Hollywood Odyessy where the best poker hand could have been determined. Just a thought. That way, after the M&M, no ones afternoon would have been disrupted.

Patti, Someone posted that they thought there would be a D D+ function at 11am. I think they based it on a previous Member Cruise. Regardless I will be at Trivia.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 5:43 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:

Patti, Someone posted that they thought there would be a D D+ function at 11am. I think they based it on a previous Member Cruise. Regardless I will be at Trivia.
OK.........had me worried there......though I don't want you to miss out on all the crawling.

Must have missed that post.........what type of function were they talking about?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 6:07 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Dramaqueen wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:

OK.........had me worried there......though I don't want you to miss out on all the crawling.

Must have missed that post.........what type of function were they talking about?

They didn't say but they are only basing it on what they did before which may not be accurate this time. They did think that the reason the M&M is at noon is because of that function.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 6:13 pm

Tom just posted that the Crawl will be at 2.30pm. I'm going to skip it if Trivia is at the same time. I don't have to see all the cabins, I hope someone here has a GS or an Aft cabin or a hump, and will invite me to see it anyway. Hint Hint!!!! ImNotWorthy
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 6:15 pm

Unfortunately, I think whenever we plan it, it will conflict with something some people want to do. I guess we are going to have to flexible and decide with is more important at that time..... If the 2:30 time slot conflicts with lots of stuff I will feel badly for Tom, but I'm not sure we can really predict what is schedule when do you? I'll be glad to post something for you Patti, if you want me to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 6:21 pm

Murphy wrote:
Unfortunately, I think whenever we plan it, it will conflict with something some people want to do. I guess we are going to have to flexible and decide with is more important at that time..... If the 2:30 time slot conflicts with lots of stuff I will feel badly for Tom, but I'm not sure we can really predict what is schedule when do you? I'll be glad to post something for you Patti, if you want me to.

That's about it Susan. We all have to pick what is important to us and do it. I'd like to do it all but I understand that there are only so many hours in the day and it's hard to fit it all in.. affraid Yikes that reminds me, I have to fit in meeting my unsuspecting victims at the pool too.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 6:28 pm

If the whales are abundant on the first day then I'll be in my cabin watching instead of crawling......and like Sheila...I'll HOPE some of the spb's will let me peek at their GS, OS or RFS.........

I think it was Mar that said 11am may be a function based on a prev member cruise......

lots to do and never enuff time........

suitcase trial.....35lbs each(for 2)...didn't weigh suitbag, good grief, I couldn't fill it enuff to weigh 50lbs.....still need utilities in......

AND I HAFTA FIND THE BOAS......gotta be in my office.....
Back to top Go down
grizzlybear
Charter Member
Charter Member
grizzlybear

Number of posts : 25

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 6:29 pm

Quick question for you - I read on one of the boards that the ships don't sell Immodium - is that right? I hope we don't need it, but sometimes rich foods can affect the digestion. . . affraid

Teresa
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 6:36 pm

Anybody who misses the cabin crawl (and that may include us) can come see our cabin any time. We have the portside GS hump cabin, 1060 - huge balcony from the looks of it. Just call first as we're not going to answer the door if we aren't expecting somebody! Wouldn't want You Know Who barging in and sticking her foot in the door the way she did to a friend of mine on the Jewel.affraid

Carmen wasn't looking great today. The vet said he would like to see faster progress, but the neurologist did say that her type of injury can take a couple of weeks to heal. But she CRIES and CRIES like a baby when we leave, and that got Don all depressed. We were able to prop her up in a position other than lying on her side and she drank a bowl and a half of water that way, which the techs hadn't been able to get her to do. I think we're going to have to have some intensive PT to get my pup back on her feet!Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 6:37 pm

Teresa........I think they do........I know they have pepto....but I always take that and some rolaids.....cuz ur right, the system is usually getting fed foods that you normally don't eat.....sauces.....too much sugar...tooo much 'drinks' Shocked ......

I take immodium, dayquil, rolaids, bandaids, dental repair kit, tylenol, tylpm, blister block........

The ONE time I didn't take my dental repair kit, we were in Chgo and my front cap fell off.......sooo, never again will I NOT travel with it.....it goes where I go!!!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 7:00 pm

Jill, I'm sorry that I neglected to answer your question this morning......LJ pointed it out to me. We are doing the 12:40PM train in Skagway. I had no idea that one left at 7:15.

Leave the cabin crawl the way it is.............Tom did go to a lot of work and trouble. We'll just throw caution to the wind and go with the flow.

I do not remember if they sell Immodium on the ship.........they sell just about everything else. You might be wise to bring it from home just to be on the safe side.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 7:09 pm

critterchick wrote:
Anybody who misses the cabin crawl (and that may include us) can come see our cabin any time. We have the portside GS hump cabin, 1060 - huge balcony from the looks of it. Just call first as we're not going to answer the door if we aren't expecting somebody! Wouldn't want You Know Who barging in and sticking her foot in the door the way she did to a friend of mine on the Jewel.affraid

Carmen wasn't looking great today. The vet said he would like to see faster progress, but the neurologist did say that her type of injury can take a couple of weeks to heal. But she CRIES and CRIES like a baby when we leave, and that got Don all depressed. We were able to prop her up in a position other than lying on her side and she drank a bowl and a half of water that way, which the techs hadn't been able to get her to do. I think we're going to have to have some intensive PT to get my pup back on her feet!Crying or Very sad
Thanks for the invitation Jean.........you're too kind. And yes, you have the primo GS with the best balcony.

Sorry Carmen is not doing well today. Hopefully tomorrow she will have a better day.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 7:10 pm

Barb........thinking of you and Danny today. sunny
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 7:11 pm

Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 7:19 pm

What's a dental kit?

I need to update my immodium as the tablets have expired about a year ago. pale

Picked up refills on perscriptions at Kaier this afternoon and had my blood test taken.

Turned in cans and plastic bottles at recycling center and stoped at Dress Barn for beaded top.

Will be leaving my car at Nancy's home for the time we are gone. Her husband will be driving us to LAX early AM for our 9:00 AM flight. Which rememinds me I need to call and check on our fights. My ticket is a free one for being bumped last August on Alaskan Airlines. So can't download boarding pass but can do Nancy's.

Just realized I don't need scale this trip as I will weight bags before leaving house and then I won't be flying home. But should pick up one just to be on safe side for the next time I fly.

Thank you Patti and all who gave me information and sites on cubes. I thought our local sports store carried them according to one of the sites but when I called it did not. So for this trip I will use zip lock bags and order cubes for use another time.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 7:22 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Jill, I'm sorry that I neglected to answer your question this morning......LJ pointed it out to me. We are doing the 12:40PM train in Skagway. I had no idea that one left at 7:15.

Leave the cabin crawl the way it is.............Tom did go to a lot of work and trouble. We'll just throw caution to the wind and go with the flow.

I do not remember if they sell Immodium on the ship.........they sell just about everything else. You might be wise to bring it from home just to be on the safe side.

No problem Patti, I am not insulted that you neglected me, I guess if I was from Ohio you would have answered faster lol!

Up Next: Fr 11/09, Solstice 2/10, Oasis 10/10, Holiday Mystery Cruise 12/10
Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! PolarBearBanner1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Line Specific Boards :: Royal Caribbean :: Royal Caribbean All Aboard! (Roll Call) :: 2007-
Jump to: