Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+14
Linda in KY
JJ2sail
barbeeAL
TwitchOR
RBOUR
VegasSpunk
vlscruiser
critterchick
grizzlybear
cruiseforme
cruisenfever
GrmyCRS
Murphy
jillybabes
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 5:33 pm

PH8 wrote:
The only 16 night RD cruise I see is March 13,2009........so hopefully,you'll be spared Jean.. Laughing
When I saw her post 16 nights, I immediately checked and it is the one you posted. I don't need to be banned from another roll call! Mad

Last edited by on Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 5:34 pm

critterchick wrote:
I suppose I should be demanding compensation for the time I turned on the water and it came out bright yellow. And we had the same issues with the toilet not working as Susan & Ray (no surprise, since we were next door). And one of our closet doors was missing the magnet that keeps it closed, so it kept banging open at night. And, and.....

If she turns up on our cruise we're going pray that only D+ will have access to the CL. We're in a JS so don't want to make it full suites only, LOL.
Are you on the port or starboard side? We are in 1548.
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 5:36 pm

I checked to, just to be sure. Whew!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 5:39 pm

If it's the 16 night one, she sails out of Sao Paulo. Hope she knows about the Visa and passport situation! Puleeease...........nobody tell her!!

I see she also cleaned up her signature after it was all scrambled this morning. But it still makes no sense. She really can't make up her mind.

How many of our husbands would put up with behavior like hers, especially on a ship. All her's did was roll his eyes or when she started on one of her little tirades, he would pat her hand and try to calm her down. Jim would get up and leave me to suffer the embarrasment alone!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 5:40 pm

critterchick wrote:
I checked to, just to be sure. Whew!
Hope her math is right this time................though in her sig she does say that they are working on Radiance SA at this time.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 5:47 pm

I'm with Jean, she can't be telling the truth. Parts of it maybe true but not all of it.

And as far as what my husband would do if I acted like that, well I probably wouldn't be married.

:taz: Does this remind you of anyone?

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 5:51 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
GrmyCRS wrote:
Happy Hump Day,

Sheila, Martha and I would love to see the pics too Wink

Well, CCC PITA is at it again...

"Sorry to say we changed cruises after our Alaskan fiasco, read my CC review for all the dirt on it. Goldstein was shocked at what I told him when he called me last week, so I get $1000 off our next cruise + $500 OBC. The Hotel Director gave us 20% off our next cruise so we are doing 16 nt S America on Radiance saving $1300 on the cruise for D1 AFT on 9 not 8672 (the sewage capital of the seas) that we had in Alaska.

Early 2007 we will do S Carib B2B also on one of the Voyager class ships.
We also book a week in Bermuda which may turn into a B2B on NCL Dream."

Can you believe it???
That does it..............I've had it. This little post is going to be sent to a few individuals. Enough is enough.

And one of those individuals just might be Mr. Goldstein himself!!

May I suggest you send it to Rachel if that's not one you already planned.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 5:57 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:
GrmyCRS wrote:
Happy Hump Day,

Sheila, Martha and I would love to see the pics too Wink

Well, CCC PITA is at it again...

"Sorry to say we changed cruises after our Alaskan fiasco, read my CC review for all the dirt on it. Goldstein was shocked at what I told him when he called me last week, so I get $1000 off our next cruise + $500 OBC. The Hotel Director gave us 20% off our next cruise so we are doing 16 nt S America on Radiance saving $1300 on the cruise for D1 AFT on 9 not 8672 (the sewage capital of the seas) that we had in Alaska.

We also book a week in Bermuda which may turn into a B2B on NCL Dream."

Can you believe it???
That does it..............I've had it. This little post is going to be sent to a few individuals. Enough is enough.

And one of those individuals just might be Mr. Goldstein himself!!

May I suggest you send it to Rachel if that's not one you already planned.
Go back a page and you will see that my initial email was to Rachel with a copy to Mr. Goldstein.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 5:58 pm

frudutx wrote:
I'm with Jean, she can't be telling the truth. Parts of it maybe true but not all of it.

And as far as what my husband would do if I acted like that, well I probably wouldn't be married.

:taz: Does this remind you of anyone?

d
OMG..........even down to the arms waving!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 6:20 pm

WELL!!!!! affraid Leave for the day and see what you miss. HolySheep I can't believe it. Sorry Patti I didn't read all the way through before I reacted. I was so FlamingMad FlamingMad . I too don't believe what she wrote and I'm all for outing her to anybody at corporate who wants to listen. I will compose something and get it off too. I think I'll go the same route as Patti and send it to Rachel with a cc to Goldstein. Did anyone triangle the post? I want to be sure I have it copied before it gets poofed. I'll be back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 6:26 pm

I dont think anyone triangled it.........I say leave it and let others see what an idiot she is..........
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 6:30 pm

PH8 wrote:
I dont think anyone triangled it.........I say leave it and let others see what an idiot she is..........
I agree with Kathy................plus if you triangle it............it will look like you are following her around...........something that is a big NO NO on CC!!

The more I think about this........and her reference in her post to her "Alaskan fiasco"............she has never ever been happy at the end of any cruise she has come off of. She is always negative...........I don't understand what she expects from a cruise.

She was certainly happy in the Star Quest when they started rotating the bar for "her" and she got to drink all her FREE Cosmos, both before dinner and after.

Last edited by on Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 6:33 pm

I just triangled her latest post about the Haleakala Bike Tours requesting at minimum it be moved to the ports of call boards, since it really has NOTHING to do with RCCL... I've since been searching about this tour and it looks like multiple companies offer it and none of their websites say anything about not offering it any more!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 6:40 pm

Murphy wrote:
I just triangled her latest post about the Haleakala Bike Tours requesting at minimum it be moved to the ports of call boards, since it really has NOTHING to do with RCCL... I've since been searching about this tour and it looks like multiple companies offer it and none of their websites say anything about not offering it any more!!!!!!!!!
I was right behind you!!

(edit) It has been moved!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 7:01 pm

That was QUICK! It's moved already!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 7:02 pm

Patti, we must have been posting at the same time again! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 7:08 pm

Dear Mr. Goldstein, I was very concerned when I read the post included below on Cruise Critic. First of all, we were on the Radiance Member's Cruise and had a wonderful time. The ship, crew, and all the shore-side staff who were on board made our cruise one of the best we have experienced. We are loyal RCCL customers at Diamond level and we have eight more cruises already booked. Mrs Moran daily made the lives of many wonderful employees very miserable with her various and sundry complaints, some of which some of us experienced but would never have made the fuss that she did. For example, we had toilet issues on several occasions which were rectified quickly. I tend to go with the flow and let the staff try to remedy the problem in a timely fashion which they normally do. If this person had so many complaints with Radiance then I find it hard to believe that she would book again. Furthermore I feel bad for the crew who will once again be subjected to her rantings.
I would never presume to question your judgement but if in fact you did choose to reward her for her actions then I'm sure you would agree that it should have been kept confidential and not posted on a public forum for all of us to read. I fully support the rewarding of OBC's and decreased fees to those who have had appropriate problems but this person lives to complain in order to see what she can acquire. I will continue to be a loyal RCCL cruiser and I thank you in advance for your time in reading my concerns.
Sincerely,
Sheila M Spangenberg

Here is the post:

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon1 Axed It!
Sorry to say we changed cruises after our Alaskan fiasco, read my CC review

for all the dirt on it. Goldstein was shocked at what I told him when he called me last week, so I get $1000 off our next cruise + $500 OBC. The Hotel Director gave us 20% off our next cruise so we are doing 16 nt S America on Radiance saving $1300 on the cruise for D1 AFT on 9 not 8672 (the sewage capital of the seas) that we had in Alaska.

We also book a week in Bermuda which may turn into a B2B on NCL Dream.

Here's my effort for what it's worth.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 7:16 pm

Did ya all see her new signature....................it's priceless, especially the last line...............

So far for 2008:

NCL 2 weeks in Bermuda 4/20/08 & 4/27/08

RCCL on Explorer for 9 nts in Canada/Quebec 10/9/08

And for 2009:

RCCL Radiance for 16 nts in S America 3/15/09

(we are calling that 3 weeks off work)

Awaiting an invite for GENESIS that Autumn, pink boa is ready as is my flashing shoes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 7:25 pm

Since i had already emailed Rachel to tell het how much we enjoyed Radiance, I decided to send my letter to AG and copy her. Hope we get some results.
The new signature is just aweful. She thinks she's a shoo-in for Genesis. Hope Rachel has some input for that.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 7:45 pm

All I can say is WINGNUT!!!!!! Sorry, Jill, but have to steal your name for her! It's just so appropriate!

BTW, someone on the Hawaii board just responded to her and pretty much called it out as old news as there was a extensive thread discussing it last week. Apparently they can still do the downhill, but not till after they are out of the National Park jurisdiction.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 7:58 pm

Susan: You can borrow it anytime Wink

Sheila: Great letter...

I copied and pasted Diane's letter to AG and added a couple of sentences to it, I think we will get some kind of a response within the next couple of days Smile!!! ...

She really must be crazy if she thinks she will get an invite to a pre inaugural, it will only happen when WhenPigsFly !Later, Jill Cool

Last edited by on Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 8:00 pm

Here is what I sent this AM, it is not as well stated as the letters you ladies have sent. Spell check does not work on my e-mail so if there is a mistake I didn't catch it. Hope I don't sound as daffy as she does!

Dear Mr.
Goldstein,

I am forwarding this e-mail
with a copy of a posting from Cruise Critic. The person who posted this was a
Royal Pain in the Backside with constant complaints and snide remarks.

Just wanted to let you know
what this person is posting and telling people. If it is true then as a stock
holder and loyal cruiser I wonder why such poor behavior is being rewarded. Her
name is Brenda Morgan.

On a different note I would
like to thank you for the wonderful cruise I enjoyed on the Radiance of the Seas
Member's Cruise this past Sept. Even with the shuttle service not placing my
suitcase on the van prior to leaving the parking lot for LAX. Not the
cruiseline fault, it was the shuttle service. I was able to purchase clothing
on board and with use of the dry cleaning and laundry I did have clean clothes.
I have also learned that I can travel with far less clothing. lol The suitcase
had all my liquids plus day time clothing, jacket, etc.

The staff at Guest
Relations were kind the room attends wonderful. C & A outstanding, received
my 30th cruise reward. Thank you again.

I have many more cruises
booked and will continue to travel with RCCL. Thank you again for your time and
consideration in this matter.

Virginia L.
Steinmetz

C & A Member #

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=584213

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Image
MACOP Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 User_offline
vbmenu_register("postmenu_11947992", true);

5,000+ Club

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon1
Axed It!

Sorry to say we changed cruises after our Alaskan
fiasco, read my CC review for all the dirt on it. Goldstein was shocked at what
I told him when he called me last week, so I get $1000 off our next cruise +
$500 OBC. The Hotel Director gave us 20% off our next cruise so we are doing 16
nt S America on Radiance saving $1300 on the cruise for D1 AFT on 9 not 8672
(the sewage capital of the seas) that we had in Alaska.

Early 2007 we
will do S Carib B2B also on one of the Voyager class ships.
We also book a
week in Bermuda which may turn into a B2B on NCL Dream.

WORKING OR CRUISING, like CinderellaRadiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 ICONATOR_466ad50fbc6fea60c01840a43a4ed976Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Avatar_2040

DIAMOND C&A Member

Working on S America on
Radiance for 2009

So far for 2008 NCL for a week in Bermuda or maybe B2B
not the 5 nts of RCCL but maybe a S Carib cruise B2B also, with airfare rates as
high as they are we want more time on the ship to level it off.

Last edited by MACOP : Today at 04:19 AM.

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Quote
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 8:22 pm

Well done Ginny Lou. You believe in getting right to the point. I loved it. I wish I had thought to add my C&A # that was a good move. I'm sure they can look it up and verify that we are all loyal cruisers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 8:40 pm

I'm asking all the SPB's for permission to invite Nancy from CC over here. I'm sure she'd love to dish with all of us, She and Ken are lovely folks. Her CC name is NancyK0904 Thanks. Sheila
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 8:41 pm

I usually stick my foot in my mouth by going stright for the target and not using a gentle brush to lay the ground work. But that is me.

Son and gs are cleaning up the spa which I had drained a little over a year ago. When opening the cover to the motor and such they found a nest made of the insulation and nuts, fruit rinds and seeds. I think a creature was living it up in there. No wonder my dogs kept sniffing around there. Some time ago when moving the steps away we found a dead bird. Shocked The hot springs spa tech. is coming Friday morning to give it a check up and the guys had to get it cleaned up so I can put water in it Friday morning before the tech gets here.

I sure hope what ever was living in there didn't chew on any wires!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next