Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+14
Linda in KY
JJ2sail
barbeeAL
TwitchOR
RBOUR
VegasSpunk
vlscruiser
critterchick
grizzlybear
cruiseforme
cruisenfever
GrmyCRS
Murphy
jillybabes
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
vlscruiser
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 11:14 pm

Yep I think dry cleaning will be the key. Have pulled out third pair of jeans to be on safe side. Also added a few extra tops as one just never knows what can happen. Laughing Oh and I have to remember we will be overnight in Vancouver have to plan for that!!!!!!!!!

Jen how many shoes you bringing???? I haven't even started on shoes. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 11:18 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Well Ladies and Gents..............the duffels and the luggage is locked and stacked in the garage.

We can hardly wait until Friday to meet you all. Thank you for making the last few weeks fly by and letting me chat with the folks that really count. You are very special to me.

Remember.........what happens on Radiance and what is said on Radiance..........will stay on Radiance. Cool

Wishing you all safe travels over the next several days. We will look for everyone at the terminal on Friday morning.

Luv you guys................Very Happy

Bye Patti and LJ, can't wait to meet you both. Have a safe trip. See you soon.
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 11:20 pm

Guess my post got lost...oh well Mad

Will repeat the important thing. WTG HERB, PHIL, RUTH, AND GINNY!!
cheers cheers cheers cheers

Wish you would cut and paste those great poofies here so those of us who missed them could see them. <hint> <hint>

Phil - You must hang over on the other nice thread with gsk. I see she's cruising with us...could you tell her we'd love to have her visit with us here?

Patti & Jim - Have a safe flight...and behave. Wink

Julie - Imagine how lonely it will be here Thursday night! Sad

Jean - Great news that Carmen is doing a little better every day.

I'm trying to remember all those I owe drinks. Just track me down, and I'll take care of my debts. No CL/DL for us. But will be REAL Diamonds after this cruise. Did it the old fashioned way. sunny

Jean & June - What mischief did you two manage today?

Diane - I just try to ignore her, but love to have our Siggies above hers, without responding to her.

Jill and Susan - I know you both are on my drink list. Wink

Marianne - It's hard for me to ketchup after working all day, so I sort of skim...and usually manage to miss something. Embarassed Tell Herb he needs to post more often.

Hope everyone has the packing chore under control...Martha has made a dent, but I'm still sorting. affraid
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 11:25 pm

Hey, Sheila - Almost time...we really need to go now, just wish I had some magical powers to get everything done. I guess Thursday will be HAVE TO DO IT OR ELSE day. Might need just a few more hours in the day.
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 11:28 pm

Nancy and I fly out of LAX at 9:05 AM on Alaskan Airlines arrive around 12:00 PM I think. The flight we had booked for 11:00 AM was cancelled. Oh it is on Thursday. Nancy's husband may drive us or her daughter w/friend. Other options is to take shuttle at 4:45 AM down to LAX. I lean towards shuttle just because of the suitcases. Between Nancy and I and other two ladies in car there won't be enough room for luggage. Awaiting phone call from Nancy on what she would like to do.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 11:37 pm

well.......I've decided to quit fighting with the luggage........just going to use the four pieces instead of packing one piece to use on the way home.......i would rather have four pieces 1/3 empty each than 3pieces stuffed to the gills......

sooooooo now......MAYBE I can sleep tonight.....I've been obsessing and stressing all day......

Have to still pack up some stuff to ship to a friends house in LA so that I don't have to tote it with me....we're spending two nights there on the way back.....

Going to head to bed..........crashing out early.....don't get post happy on the other one......I"M COMPETITIVE...(not at trivia tho---don't worry)

jul Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 11:40 pm

GrmyCRS wrote:
Hey, Sheila - Almost time...we really need to go now, just wish I had some magical powers to get everything done. I guess Thursday will be HAVE TO DO IT OR ELSE day. Might need just a few more hours in the day.

I am all ready in theory Chris, which means it's all in a pile and will make it into a suitcase eventually. I have to work 7 hours tomorrow and 6 on Wed and then it's high gear until we leave the house at about 2pm on Thurs.
The furry kids DoggieBreak DoggieBreak go to our DD on Wed am and as if I didn't have enough to do, I have to look down here for tap shoes for DGD and send them with the dogs. She can't find her size where they live, so it's back to the Mall for me tomorrow morning. Come to think of it I might just need a few more hours too.
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 11:49 pm

Good Night Ladies, sweet dreams Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 11:54 pm

Whew...Glad I'm not the only one. I was getting panicky, with two more work days...hopefully the next two aren't as bad as today affraid but have Thursday off, and once we get to the ship...will be rarin' to get the party going.

We have a fairly large balcony, so anyone wanting to come by, we're in 1602 as long as you know the password. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 12:00 am

Three more sleeps and we're outtahere bounce bounce Can't wait. Good night SPB's and HSPB's. I promise I'll be ready when the bell rings. DramaQueen
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 12:01 am

G'nite All...two more work days....I think I can do it. Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 12:12 am

Nite Chris sweet dreams.
Back to top Go down
Cruising Fool
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 12:14 am

Happy birthday to LJ!!

Jul: Please don’t stress over the cruise. Cruising is for relaxing. That’s one of the main reasons that Herb and I cruise - it’s the one thing I can do easily and at my own pace. So just go with the flow. (I know you will.)
Glad you decided to use another suitcase. Now you’ll have room for all the RCI goodies and souvenirs.

Sorry I missed some of the posts. Way to go Ginny - glad you told us what you wrote because I missed that one.

Just like everyone else, I don’t understand ccc at all. Herb and I may have a lot of cruises with RCI, but we wouldn’t even think of doing some of the things that she does! That’s just wrong! (Sometimes Herb can get away with some things - but it’s because of his sparkling personality - really!)

Patti, you’re right - I’m sure we won’t get into the CL, but who cares? If we REALLY wanted to get into the CL (on a Member’s Cruise), we would have booked a suite. No big deal. (Geesh, CCC really torks my jaw!)

Jean: Great news about Carmen.

Susan: Thanks for the BBC! I needed it!

Chris: If Herb posted more on CC, I know he would get banned. But mostly because of his “adult” content.

Looks like I might have missed Patti. PATTI: If you come back here - Have a great flight, and can’t wait to meet you.

Okay, I'm outta here. Night all.
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 1:47 am

Well, it's going to be really lonely on Thursday, LOL! We don't even leave the house until 4:30 pm, so I'll be talking to myself here unless a locals join us!

I still haven't started packing, but I've started a list - that counts, doesn't it?

Patti and LJ, have a safe trip and see you on Friday! Woo hoo!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 7:09 am

Safe travels everyone!

I'm off to work, for my LAST day before I give my notice! It's so fun keeping a secret like, "when I come back from vacation... I QUIT!"

Jean, I noticed you post the other day about Sky Limo. Do you think it's wise to use them when we dock to get to LAX, or is the cab situation good at the port? We've always had pretty good luck with cabs, but we are usually one of the first ones off, but with all the D/D+ folks on our sailing, I'm not expecting to be off the ship that quickly... welcoming advice...

I'll be back this afternoon after work! Very Happy Have a great day everyone!

Bye Patti and LJ! See you soon
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 9:25 am

Jean .........can u give me some info about the LA pier??....i have to have a friend pick us up and need to tell him an approx time and where it is..........do you know what dock number we are at????????????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 9:26 am

critterchick wrote:
Well, it's going to be really lonely on Thursday, LOL! We don't even leave the house until 4:30 pm, so I'll be talking to myself here unless a locals join us!

I still haven't started packing, but I've started a list - that counts, doesn't it?

Patti and LJ, have a safe trip and see you on Friday! Woo hoo!

Jean, I promise I'll post on Thursday before I leave. I don't leave until about 2pm so you'll hear from me at some point.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 9:31 am

Good Morning SPB's, Just 2 more sleeps then we're off to Seattle. We spoke to the transport company and confirmed everything so we should be good to go. That's the only part of the trip I'm nervous about, finding the right place to meet the bus, but they gave us good directions yesterday and now I feel better. I work 7 hours today so I'll check in when I get home. Have a great day.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 9:33 am

hey sis.........wow, looks like I lost by ONE POST........That's my luck!....close only counts in horseshoes!!!

Oh well........another day closer to cruising......gotta rearrange these bags........ship off a bunch of tools to LA, and finish picking up piddly crap.....

Wasn't going to take some hot/cold mugs bcuz the rcl article the other day said that's part of the gifts.......but would be MY luck, we'd get them on the 26th!!!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 9:35 am

Also.........I've never had edocs before........I really only need to take my set/sail pass right????...and passports of course.
Back to top Go down
Linda in KY
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 9:38 am

cruiseforme wrote:
Also.........I've never had edocs before........I really only need to take my set/sail pass right????...and passports of course.

That's right. Then when you get to the pier, see the porters for the luggage tags.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 9:40 am

thanks Linda.......I was going to laminate some tags but then not sure how to attch them........I'll wait til I get to the ship to put some on....(remembering a black marker as someone said)
Back to top Go down
Linda in KY
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 9:42 am

cruiseforme wrote:
thanks Linda.......I was going to laminate some tags but then not sure how to attch them........I'll wait til I get to the ship to put some on....(remembering a black marker as someone said)

I took a marker with me last time to do that but the porter filled them out for us so didn't have to do anything. He even made one for Maurice's backpack that he was keeping with him. But it is still better to have one and be prepared.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 9:49 am

Morning all, Joanie glad to read that you made it safely to Vancouver.

So happy to hear that Carmen is on the mend, nothing worse than a puppy that is hurt.

Well, I'm packed. I'll unpack and repack on Wednesday evening, it's my routine I usually find something I really don't need and therefore don't repack it and will discover something I've missed.

On a more solemn note:

Hope everyone remembered to put out their flags out today.

I used to work near the WTC back in 96-97 and for a while lived at the Millennium Hotel and then had an apartment in Battery City. Used to walk through the underground of the WTC to go to and from work at Swiss Bank. The hair on the back of my neck still stands on end when I think about the what ifs. I'm sure Dianne, Jim and Marilyn know people who lost their lives that day as I do.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 9:56 am

frudutx wrote:
Morning all, Joanie glad to read that you made it safely to Vancouver.

So happy to hear that Carmen is on the mend, nothing worse than a puppy that is hurt.

Well, I'm packed. I'll unpack and repack on Wednesday evening, it's my routine I usually find something I really don't need and therefore don't repack it and will discover something I've missed.

On a more solemn note:

Hope everyone remembered to put out their flags out today.

I used to work near the WTC back in 96-97 and for a while lived at the Millennium Hotel and then had an apartment in Battery City. Used to walk through the underground of the WTC to go to and from work at Swiss Bank. The hair on the back of my neck still stands on end when I think about the what ifs. I'm sure Dianne, Jim and Marilyn know people who lost their lives that day as I do.

d

Thank you for the reminder Diane. Bob and I can't help remembering the people we got to know in the viewing area on top of the WTC. We took our teen group to NYC every year at Christmas to see the sights and always went to the top of the WTC. Some of the employees remembered us from year to year. We now wonder how many of them were working on that fateful day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next