Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+13
Exairgoddess1
JJ2sail
barbeeAL
jillybabes
cruisenfever
nancyk2sea
crzy4cruising
TwitchOR
cruiseforme
vlscruiser
Murphy
GrmyCRS
frudutx
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 2:29 pm

Got the issue of not seeing our status on the sign in at RC--somehow our C&A numbers had been dropped. Once they were filled in all is back to normal.

The gal I talked to said that she also worked the D+ desk and would I like to order our amenity--we ordered a merlot
Still working on the D/D+ excursion--soon we will be called

Hope all of you are having a great Sat.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 4:17 pm

Nancy, glad you got things sorted out. I forgot to mention about the dropping of your C&A number.

Things are really buzzing over on CC about the change in C&A. I would love to be a fly on the wall in any of the offices were emails are being sent. I wonder how much each mailbox will hold.

I said this on CC and I will post it here also. IMHO C&A made a BIG MISTAKE when they extended the invitation to the CL to their D & D+ pax. The CL was established for suite guests only and the number of suite guests do not change that much for any sailing/ship. The number of D/D+ pax does.

As usual, they did not think the process through enough and had no idea what the impact would be with the increasing number of folks making D. Either that or they didn't care.

I remember when they the invitation was extended to folks in JS cabins.....what a nightmare that was when they stopped that especially when their new brochure had a BIG TYPO in it and people were going on cruises with brochure in hand demanding a key to the CL.

OK, off my OnMySoapBox and I am sorry that this is affecting many of our PB sisters. We hardly use the CL except for an occasional can of gingerale or a good cup of coffee in the morning/afternoon. I've probably consumed a little over one bottle of wine since 2005 when we made D+. Drinks If I could extend our CL privilege to each one of you that is D, believe me I would.

But, I am sure the next thing to get the axe will be Diamond Plus somewhere down the road.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 4:31 pm

Have to agree with Patti. I think we'll be next to get the axe. If only they hadn't given family members the same privileges not to mention all those who think they're entitled and try to get in and succeed in some cases. It really got out of hand. OnMySoapBox Don't know how it will all end up but my butt will be on a ship regardless of where I sit in the evening so it's all good.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 4:39 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:
Have to agree with Patti. I think we'll be next to get the axe. If only they hadn't given family members the same privileges not to mention all those who think they're entitled and try to get in and succeed in some cases. It really got out of hand. OnMySoapBox Don't know how it will all end up but my butt will be on a ship regardless of where I sit in the evening so it's all good.
I agree, why do some put so much importance on a free drink or two when it's the whole cruising experience that they should be interested in.
Back to top Go down
Dustycruzer
Dustycruzer

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 4:51 pm

Chris, Diane gave me your e-mail and I sent you a copy of my avatar. Let me know if you have any problems getting it. Gday
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 5:00 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Dramaqueen wrote:
I agree, why do some put so much importance on a free drink or two when it's the whole cruising experience that they should be interested in.

Don't drink, don't care but it is a nice place to go to meet before dinner to socailize.

What's this about doing away with the C&A number or did I read that wrong?

d
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 5:33 pm

frudutx wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:
Dramaqueen wrote:

well put ladies. I do drink, but if they took it away from us, it would not make me stop cruising. wouldn't that be shooting myself in the foot? I love cruising & the CL --for as long as it lasts---justs happens to be part of it. I just love meeting all of the people & forming the comraderie (sp?) that happens inthe CL.

Don't drink, don't care but it is a nice place to go to meet before dinner to socailize.

d
that's how rumors get started Diane--hahaha. what they were talking about is someimtes when RCCL does the maintenace, C&A #s disappear afterwaards & you can't log in to your stuff. all you have to do is put in the number & voila, all is reinstated. that's what happened to someone--sorry don't remember who.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 5:36 pm

crzy4cruising wrote:
frudutx wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:
Dramaqueen wrote:

well put ladies. I do drink, but if they took it away from us, it would not make me stop cruising. wouldn't that be shooting myself in the foot? I love cruising & the CL --for as long as it lasts---justs happens to be part of it. I just love meeting all of the people & forming the comraderie (sp?) that happens inthe CL.

d
that's how rumors get started Diane--hahaha. what they were talking about is someimtes when RCCL does the maintenace, C&A #s disappear afterwaards & you can't log in to your stuff. all you have to do is put in the number & voila, all is reinstated. that's what happened to someone--sorry don't remember who.

Yeah, I went back and re-read Nancy's post and saw that it was just a qlitch. Haven't had a chance to post an oops! Embarassed

d
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 8:36 pm

Well the winter weather has held off... until now! It rained a little bit earlier and then the sun came out for a few hours. It's sleeting now and should turn to snow soon. They have lowered the forecast to only a few inches from the original 6 though. Ray hasn't been called into work yet, which is probably a bad thing because the roads will most likely be iced over soon and it will be hard for them to catch up after they are frozen.

I bought my present for the baby shower that I can't attend. Did anyone ever "make a baby" baby present? Sometimes I just use a ball for the head, but this time I bought a teddy bear because I found a really nice one for $6. Then I bought a set of onesie to dress him in and covered that with several sleep n plays. A baby bottle fills each arm and leg hole and I used a package of receiving blankets to finish stuffing the body around the teddy bear. A baby hat, bib and booties finish the outfit and then I wrapped him in one of those hooded towels! My BFF Jennifer can't attend the shower either, but she is going to drop off our "baby" on her way to another shower. It is nice because you get a lot of the basics, and I don't have to wrap it! The towels and clothes make their own wrapping!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 9:18 pm

Susan.......cute idea....... I made some cute diaper cakes before.

Well..........I emailed Adam and Rachel........

I basically suggested that by cutting cutting cutting they are going to drive people out........If I can't spend time with my friends that I'm cruising with then I might as well sail on a cheaper line..

Can't use nextcruise with shareholder/no photo coupon (don't care for a Diamonds Intl discount), no cl/........what was the perk of becoming D?? So we could get a bathrobe?? heck....anyone can get one, ya just have to ask!

Ok.....no more whining.....I'm DONE........I've vented nicely to them...made suggestions......

My opinion.....grandfather the D's and let them pay 1/2 price for the drinks in the satellite lounge......

Oh well.......SNOW HAS STARTED>>>>>>ICKKKKKKKKKK

There goes a FANTASTIC week of sales........D*** IT

I'm ready for a pomegranate margarita........anyone want one?????????????

jen.......btw.....I have a chiro appt on Monday

j
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 9:22 pm

Susan: What a cute idea, never heard of it before, would love to see a picture...

Juls: If your pouring, I'm drinking, do tell the recipe (you know margaritas are my fav...Had a blue curacao one in guess where (Curacao) ran right across the way and bought a bottle to take home with me...Yummo!!!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 9:25 pm

Jul, I really want to try your POM margaritta! Please pour!

I've made diaper cakes before too... but mostly when I had something to do with the planning of the shower and we used it as the centerpiece too. It works great for a shower at work.

Glad you did your venting... maybe they will listen. I think they HAD to do something, but am not sure this is the best solution.

A nice sheet of ice fell and they finally called Ray in to work and now the snow is coming down very quickly! Guess I'll settle in with a margaritta!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 9:26 pm

Sis.........it's a box that I bought the other day (has a pour spout on it) the brand is Daily's Pomegranate Margaritas........MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 9:39 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
Sis.........it's a box that I bought the other day (has a pour spout on it) the brand is Daily's Pomegranate Margaritas........MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Will have to check it out Daily's is good!!! Start pouring drunken !!!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 9:44 pm

Drinks all around........ Drinks Drinks Drinks Drinks
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 9:46 pm

Jean........the rhancock@rccl.com came back as a bad address?!!?!?
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 9:50 pm

jillybabes wrote:
Susan: What a cute idea, never heard of it before, would love to see a picture...

Juls: If your pouring, I'm drinking, do tell the recipe (you know margaritas are my fav...Had a blue curacao one in guess where (Curacao) ran right across the way and bought a bottle to take home with me...Yummo!!!

I don't know how to post a picture here, unless I make it my avatar, so I emailed you a couple pictures. One wrapped in the towel, and one before it's wrapped...
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 9:52 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
She probably got too many emails and they had to disable it!!!
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 9:54 pm

cruiseforme wrote:

Sis: try this although it is really the same: Hancock, Rachel
E-mail Address: RHancock@rccl.com notice the cap for R and H
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 9:56 pm

Murphy wrote:
jillybabes wrote:

I don't know how to post a picture here, unless I make it my avatar, so I emailed you a couple pictures. One wrapped in the towel, and one before it's wrapped...

cute!!!
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 9:58 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
Susan.......cute idea....... I made some cute diaper cakes before.

Well..........I emailed Adam and Rachel........

I basically suggested that by cutting cutting cutting they are going to drive people out........If I can't spend time with my friends that I'm cruising with then I might as well sail on a cheaper line..

Can't use nextcruise with shareholder/no photo coupon (don't care for a Diamonds Intl discount), no cl/........what was the perk of becoming D?? So we could get a bathrobe?? heck....anyone can get one, ya just have to ask!

Ok.....no more whining.....I'm DONE........I've vented nicely to them...made suggestions......

My opinion.....grandfather the D's and let them pay 1/2 price for the drinks in the satellite lounge......

Oh well.......SNOW HAS STARTED>>>>>>ICKKKKKKKKKK

There goes a FANTASTIC week of sales........D*** IT

I'm ready for a pomegranate margarita........anyone want one?????????????

jen.......btw.....I have a chiro appt on Monday

j
good for you for e-mailing--hey they need to know how folks feel, right?

ok so never have had a pom margarita, sounds yummy--I'll have one please.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 9:59 pm

Just got the email from C&A, a day late and a dollar short lol!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 9:59 pm

Thanks... it's really very basic, but goes over well. It was only 'bad' once when the mom to be took the whole thing apart and didn't put it back together! LOL
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 10:01 pm

jillybabes wrote:
Just got the email from C&A, a day late and a dollar short lol!
I still didn't get it, but one of my newbie cruisers who went with me on the AOS last month got it and forwarded it to me! Her comment was she was glad I was almost D+, and she didn't think she and the other girls needed to try so hard to get to be Diamond now!!!
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 10:09 pm

Think I'm gonna say g'nite for tonight, chat tomorrow...
Sis: the Pom Margarita was Super!!! Sleep nighty night all!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 13 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next