Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+13
Exairgoddess1
JJ2sail
barbeeAL
jillybabes
cruisenfever
nancyk2sea
crzy4cruising
TwitchOR
cruiseforme
vlscruiser
Murphy
GrmyCRS
frudutx
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 10:43 pm

Does anyone have Adam's and Rachels email address PLEASE!!!!

I have a letter written up to send them.........

I think if they had at least let the D's be in the lounge (satellite of course) and pay 1/2 that would have been an acceptable solution........

thanks in advance

Jen......back is ok.......plenty of vicoden covering it up......
Back to top Go down
critterchick
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 845
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 10:50 pm

Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 10:52 pm

I'm sorry for all who are effected by the change, but is it really any different than sailing on the older ships that don't even have a CL lounge? Because of when and where we like to sail from and because I"m always looking for the best deal, most of our sailings are on the Grandeur, Majesty and Monarch which don't have lounges.... so even as a D member we haven't really been able to "cash-in" on the D benefits.... just trying to put things into perspective...
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 11:00 pm

Not sure if this is a coincidence or not, but I just got an email from HAL (never sailed them before... but I think I'm on their email list from a Carnival cruise 20 years ago...) and HAL has assigned a "personal cruise consultant" to me!!! Hummm, RCCL announces something that might piss off loyal customers and HAL steps in and assigns a consultant to me... interesting timing!
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 11:09 pm

Sheila, my dad has the original sculpture. I don't know where the others went to - he can make 7. Plus I think the Franklin Mint sold them in miniature. So I'm likely on lots of mantlepieces around the country, LOL.

What a clusterf**k the new C&A policy will turn out to be.. I think that RCI has truly shot themselves in the foot on this one. Watch them reinstate the coupons that they took away and then tout them as "new," too. Not that I'm a cynic or anything.

I did not get an email from RCI, but I'm not surprised, either. I never do. Word has it that they're going to start calling on Monday with DP suite upgrade on our 4/19 cruise. I'm going to call in the afternoon for my DP amenity and ask about it. I'm sure that they don't have me on their list because they never do. As of last night there were 11 GS and 15 JS cabins, and I KNOW there aren't that many people ahead of me on the credit list. We'll see....

Jul, I'm glad the Vicodin is working for you!

And congrats to Diane and Jim!
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 11:36 pm

Murphy wrote:
I'm sorry for all who are effected by the change, but is it really any different than sailing on the older ships that don't even have a CL lounge? Because of when and where we like to sail from and because I"m always looking for the best deal, most of our sailings are on the Grandeur, Majesty and Monarch which don't have lounges.... so even as a D member we haven't really been able to "cash-in" on the D benefits.... just trying to put things into perspective...
us too. our favorite ship is the Rhapsody--been on her the most & 2nd to that the Monarch. we keep saying we should only cruise ships with CLs, but then.......I think we have only been on a ship with a CL (that we could use) for 3 cruises out of 29 credits

critterchick wrote:
Sheila, my dad has the original sculpture. I don't know where the others went to - he can make 7. Plus I think the Franklin Mint sold them in miniature. So I'm likely on lots of mantlepieces around the country, LOL.

What a clusterf**k the new C&A policy will turn out to be.. I think that RCI has truly shot themselves in the foot on this one. Watch them reinstate the coupons that they took away and then tout them as "new," too. Not that I'm a cynic or anything.

I did not get an email from RCI, but I'm not surprised, either. I never do. Word has it that they're going to start calling on Monday with DP suite upgrade on our 4/19 cruise. I'm going to call in the afternoon for my DP amenity and ask about it. I'm sure that they don't have me on their list because they never do. As of last night there were 11 GS and 15 JS cabins, and I KNOW there aren't that many people ahead of me on the credit list. We'll see....

how cool about the sculptures. and WOW on the so many suites open on your next cruise. damn that would never happen to me. my luck there are always folks higher up the food chain than me, but we like longer cruises and that's what happens--oh well, maybe one of these days the upgrade fairy will visit whenever I can actually go on the cruise Wink

oh & about cluster..... my sister calls it a fuster cluck--you can say that even in mixed company Laughing
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 11:37 pm

Good luck with your upgrade Jean! Sounds like you have a shot at one! I know you sail a lot... how many times have you been able to upgrade? Curious minds and future D+'ers want to know... Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 12:01 am

I noticed on all the info out today that there is no mention of up-grades for D+ as a perk. I'm not sure it ever was. Perhaps youe guys who were there long before me would know that.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 12:15 am

Good catch Sheila! I can't remember if it used to list the upgrade option as a perk or not... I think it did... Sad
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 12:21 am

Susan.......we tend to sail whichever ship our friends are on.......doesn't necessarily matter where I go just so I'm on A ship....I would venture to guess that 90% of the people we sail with are D+ and DO pick their ships by which ones have the CL and which don't.......

When it comes down to two ships and one has a lounge and the other doesn't, people will tend to sail on the one with a lounge.

It's not even the drinks......It's the fact that they made a program and then took it away as soon as the program worked (too many D people)....in essence, they got everybody sailing over and over and now said TOUGH.

Well.......OK......but from my standpoint...when you built up a following of people and then take away the reasons that those following of people are with you...then ya can't be too shocked when the people aren't there anymore.......

Jean......TKS for the emails......I will wait til tmrw to send....when I've cooled down and can retype it........

I have not received THE email either.......got it from one of the friends we cruise with..........

Ok........I'm off to bed now.......tylpm here I come

j
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 12:32 am

Thanks for the clarifications Patti and Susan. I'm glad we will still get the balcony discount. I'm not to pissed, just a little bummed about the other stuff, guess I can't miss what I never had. And I did make it to Diamond level on mostly 3 and 4 night cruises so, really don't want to complain. It was bound to happen.

Susan, yikes more snow! Hope the weatherman made a mistake.

Jul, glad you are bit better, did you find a chiropractor? I really think it would help. Ask for some recommendations.

night all!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 12:42 am

Here's my Saturday and Saturday night forecast.... just increased to possibly 9 inches of snow!!!!!!

Saturday
Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Cond056 Cloudy. Rain or snow likely or chance of sleet in the afternoon. Snow and sleet accumulation up to 1 inch. Highs in the upper 30s. Northeast winds 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph at times. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.
Saturday Night
Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Cond012 Snow and a chance of thunderstorms. Snow may be heavy at times. Snow accumulation of 6 to 8 inches. Total snow accumulation 7 to 9 inches. Temperatures nearly steady in the upper 20s. North winds 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph at times. Chance of precipitation 100 percent.

Gotta love the last part.... Chance of precipitation 100%!!!!!!! Sheesh, leaves me no hope at all! LOL
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 9:21 am

Morning all, very cold here what the heck happened to spring this is so unlike weather here in Texas usually by this time the AC is on to stay. Laughing

Chris: I asked John and at the moment he can't remember where he found that avatar but he'll look and when we find it we'll email it to you!

Hey day 2 and we're still in shock forget the weddings let's start planning for Australia roflmao

Thanks again to CF anyone want to join besides the other winners of course?

d
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 9:30 am

frudutx wrote:
Morning all, very cold here what the heck happened to spring this is so unlike weather here in Texas usually by this time the AC is on to stay. Laughing

Chris: I asked John and at the moment he can't remember where he found that avatar but he'll look and when we find it we'll email it to you!

Hey day 2 and we're still in shock forget the weddings let's start planning for Australia roflmao

d
Good morning, D--also very cold here and watching for snow

Love all of the avatars that all of you use, I'm pretty PC challenged but where do you get those?

We are going to sign up for more info on the Aust. trip since the one next year is looking very doubtful for us

Off to get dressed--we are switching cable providers and our appointment is soon

back later
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 9:31 am

Morning! Unfortunately, the weather forecast is not any better this morning.... winter watch is now a warning. Di, I really think it should be warm by you by now though!!!!

I'd love to join you to OZ, but can't get away for that length of time. That's why I didn't even try for the contest. Glad you are going though and hope you get some friends to enjoy the trip with you.

At least the bad weather isn't coming in until later this afternoon, so guess I'll get out and about this morning while I can!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 9:40 am

Nancy: My avatar is from photobucket, it's on the internet and free. As I said John's not sure where he found his but it's also from the internet somewhere. It's pretty easy to save from photobucket to your harddrive and then you when you change your avatar on your profile you just point to where ever you saved the photobucket picture.

Susan: All I know is that the freeze guard on the pool pump kept the pool pump on almost all night. So the temps must be around freezing. That's just not right for the end of March in Texas! Not sure what the high is going to be to day.

Sick and tired of cold!

d
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 10:00 am

Currently it is 73 but very cloudy, the sun may come through later, but rain (which we need desperately) is in the forecast for tomorrow...

Jean: good luck with the possible upgrade, I don't remember it ever being posted in the rules, but I have been wrong b4!!!

D: You know if the price is right, we would be on the cruise in a heartbeat (fingers crossed) sunny !!!
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 10:14 am

frudutx wrote:

d
hey you forgot to close the door & the cold came all the way down here--we are under a freeze warning for tonight affraid , likle you said--it's the END of March for pete's sake (btw, who IS pete???) anywayit is a beautiful sunny day, but BRRRRRRRRRRRRR right now. I had just thoughjt that my electricity bill ought to be really nice this month--nothing--no heat or ac & then 30 minutes later--CLICK, the heater comes on. OK all you northerners, I'll hush now

BTW, what IS the OZ trip? we are ---Becky, my sister, & I are booked to go on Rhapsody in April 2010--Sheils, y'all still going? man folks are dropping like flies.

Murphy wrote:
Morning! Unfortunately, the weather forecast is not any better this morning.... winter watch is now a warning. Di, I really think it should be warm by you by now though!!!!

I'd love to join you to OZ, but can't get away for that length of time. That's why I didn't even try for the contest. Glad you are going though and hope you get some friends to enjoy the trip with you.

At least the bad weather isn't coming in until later this afternoon, so guess I'll get out and about this morning while I can!

Susan you're right, it SHOULD be warm by now for Diane & even warmer for me because I am 4 hours south of her, but it ISN'T. yesterday in Texas--the panhandle had a blizzard & the southernmost tip- Brownsville- was 100!!!! I know we are a big state, but WOW.

Well my testing cancelled on me today, soooo maybe this awful house will get some attention. have a great days all
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 11:15 am

Good Morning everyone!

Sunny and warm here, I think spring has sprung! Cool

Head west or south gals!

Off to pack my niece up, she bought her first condo! She is very excited!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 11:22 am

critterchick wrote:

Jean you have to find one for yourself or persuade your dad to let you have his. Good luck on the up-grade.

Jul sure hope your back gets better. It's aweful to be uncomfortable all the time.

Susan I'll have to call DS later and see how they're doing. Hope it's not so bad for you. It's rainy today here but not too cold.

Brens we are still booked for Oz at this time.

Bob's taking Zach to T-ball and I'm taking the girls shopping affraid Off to get organized.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 11:46 am

Morning all

COLD AND SOOOO WINDY HERE......temp at home was 50...by the time I drove 5 mi to work it was almost 40....dressed for winter and still freezing....
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 11:59 am

Dramaqueen wrote:

Susan I'll have to call DS later and see how they're doing. Hope it's not so bad for you. It's rainy today here but not too cold.

Hopefully they will only get the rain... rain south and east, snow north and west (ME!)
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 12:22 pm

Morning everyone, our day is starting out beautifully. The sun is shining and it is quite pleasant outside. They are predicting rain later this evening and on and off tomorrow. The word SNOW did appear for early next week, but NO ACCUMULATION was also added. Yeah, I believe that when it is all over. They are predicting 60-70 for next weekend.

Have a great day.........it's general cleaning day here.
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 12:30 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:

Brens we are still booked for Oz at this time.

what do you mean RIGHT now???? don't cancel toooooo. course if I don't get more testing or another part-time job, we won't be going either affraid
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 12:40 pm

Good Morning Ladies,

Cool this morning but nothing like you all are having. Hope thinks get better weather wise soon. You'll have a wonderful day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 12 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next