Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+14
cruisemasters
Exairgoddess1
TwitchOR
cruisenfever
frudutx
critterchick
Murphy
barbeeAL
crzy4cruising
cruiseforme
GrmyCRS
nancyk2sea
JJ2sail
vlscruiser
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 11:30 am

morning all. guess my body knew it had ALOT to do today & woke me up early.

Chris--I was with you on the dog--went back & looked & sure enuff, there is a dog in the background in the pic of just Parker--took me a minute to get his face in focus--looks sad, poor baby.

you are not confused Question (welll not this time anyway Razz ) we are leaving tomorrow, BUT today I have to break down my computer to take to my brother's. to add to the confusion, we don't sail until SUNDAY!!. did have a wonderful sruprise--the first night I was on FB, there was a young man that we got to know & became great buddies with on our dec 07 TA on line. well, seems he & his grandmother & parents & other family are going to be on this cruise with us next week!!!!! his grandma is a love, so we will be CL buddies once again!!!! I'm not telling Becky so we can surprise her. I just love cruising & reconnecting with folks. Guess y'all all do too, huh??!!!

ok, gotta long list to do today & this isn't on it. I'll check in from time to time today.

thanks for the BV's for BV. I am ready to get away.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 11:55 am

Morning all, it's another beautiful day here in Dallas.

Brenda have a wonderful cruise, I know you will. I think our biggest surprise, meeting up with former friends came on our family cruise on Rhapsody. We were coming back from the lifeboat drill and friends from our Splendour cruise were just stepping off the elevator. Turns out they were just down the hall from us. I still message her a couple times a week and every time we book a cruise I send her the info hoping she and Wilbur will also book. They are in their 80's but seem much younger, she is a real hoot. When I told her about the 2010 Christmas cruise her come back was hell I don't even buy green bananas!

Ginny, I ordered a bunch of stuff online from Coldwater Creek. Anxiously awaiting delivery.
What did you buy?

Nancy how is your SIL doing?

Well need to get back at it, y'all have a good day.

d
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 12:27 pm

frudutx wrote:
her come back was hell I don't even buy green bananas!

d

Had to think on that a while...tooo funny

TGIF all...has been a bugger of a week...
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 12:33 pm

barbeeAL wrote:
frudutx wrote:
her come back was hell I don't even buy green bananas!

d

Had to think on that a while...tooo funny

TGIF all...has been a bugger of a week...

Amen to that!

I was at an emboidery club meeting last Sat and I was telling the girls that I have my work laptop, my personal laptop, then my embroidery machine all lined up in a row in my room at home. And when I work from home I play on my machine. One of the gals piped up and said that a friend of hers can work from home 3 days a week. With as serious of a face as I could muster I said so can I they're called Saturday and Sunday!

I'm really getting tired of reminding myself that I should be glad that I have a job!

d
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 12:34 pm

The dog is in the pictures that Jen posted for Sheila......

j
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 1:15 pm

Morning everyone..............another beauty here. Warm but occasionally a few tears from the sky. But that's OK...........a few tears are much better than a lot of dandruff.

Wishing everyone a great Friday.

Bren.......Bon voyage.............have a wonderful cruise.
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 1:23 pm

Brenda have a wonderful time on your cruise. Very Happy

Diane, I picked up some travel knits in the navy and two pair of slacks with tops and jackets.

Need to finishing eating my toast and get ready for the bible study, ladies will be here before I am ready. Smile

You'll have a good day.
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 1:24 pm

good ones PAtti---we desperately need some SOBBING
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 1:36 pm

Ginny I ordered the Navy Travel knit slacks too with the Batik top and cardigan. Most of my travel knits were black and I felt I needed to branch out. I also ordered an outfit for work.

Brenda is right we really do need rain, maybe this weekend, at least that's what our weather person is saying. roflmao

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 2:23 pm

Hi all.......

Been out this am already.gym,then Lowes........came home,made us lunch(Taco Skillet--recipe from Campbells soup)...........now Dennis is resting beofre he heads out and I get to go to the dentist..........how lucky am I ?? Havent been in 2 years so Im sure he'll tell me all that I need......

Wendy-we have a 5 guys about 45 mins from us........its so good.....love the fires with malt vinegar on them..........and now they are building one on our side of town...... cheers

Im with you Brb...last night was a good tv night,even though I havent watched AI this season(except for the auditions).....

Ginny-our closest Coldwater Creek is in Gainesville............bout an hour away........I do get the email offers too but I like to try the clothes on in person............everything looks good in the mag,but not always on me......

Bon Voyage Brenda..............have fun!!

Like Wendy said,our temps are magnificent now.........only 80s for as far as they forecast..........and sun!!

Wish I could go sit outside,but gotta get ready for my day of torture.........

Later all..........
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 2:27 pm

Morning everyone!

Nice day today, sunny and supposed to reach 60.

Well the guest room is going to have to wait another couple of weeks. I am going to go with Jim up to the Lake tonight, and then be back to take my Mom shopping on Sunday.
Sorry Jul, you all can always come visit the lake house it is looking fab! Razz
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 2:56 pm

Back from errands--

Jul--I'm handling the g-kids good, I only help about 3 days a week and they are 7 & 9 so pretty easy--I just get breakfast, help with hair and make sure they don't forget the things for school before we leave--next week I fly to FL with them for spring break--that will be the challenge having them for ten days but Ken will be there to help

D--I had not seen SIL since last week and he is now bald, kind of hit me when I saw him but did not want to show it--he looks sick--the radiation is making him so tired--next week chemo again if the white count is high enough
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 2:57 pm

Almost forgot---

Brenda--have a great cruise--you deserve a great time after all of your hard work with the rodeo
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 4:05 pm

Happy Friday! I had a couple of good days of work, so that's taking a little pressure off the evaporating investment portfolio.

I found a balcony guarantee for our Azamara cruise. I would normally be pickier about the location, but with only 2 sea days, I figure I can deal with an all the way forward or aft cabin (those little ships do bounce). So I gave up our midships 1A for an unknown. Hey, there are still 3 PH suites available - a girl can dream, can't we?

Well, now I'm into the crystal-decorated shirts. I made an RCI crown & anchor shirt last fall, so I'm branching out. I found a really cute dog & cat pattern and am making myself a "critterchick" shirt for M&M's.

Virginia, I got a bunch of T-shirts from CC earlier this week to use for the shirts. They're a nice quality - not too heavy, not too flimsy. I went into Chico's and NOTHING spoke to me. That happens more often than not.

I noticed that Azamara is now offering police & fire rates along with military, senior & resident. Haven't noticed whether RCI is following suit. That's a nice gesture.

Nancy, sorry that SIL isn't looking well. Here's hoping that the chemo is doing its job, though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 4:49 pm

Good afternoon all. Just in from work. Glad it's Friday. I had to go back and look at the pics myself. I didn't realise that one of the dogs got in the pic. That's Beau, one of Caley's mom's dogs. Her mom was there for over a week and her dad drove in for the weekend and brought their dogs. The other one is Maggie a black and white King Charles. DS and dil have a Boston Terrier so there were dogs all over the place, just like here. Laughing although Max and Holly are getting along pretty well.

I have a meeting tonight and a viewing to go to tomorrow morning so busy times here. I want to check the sales at Kohls and Boscovs tomorrow while I'm in town and I have 2 gk b-days in March so I have to find goodies for them.

I just dropped a few $'s at Chico's and CWC so I have to stay away for a while but they keep sending me coupons.

I don't know whether I mentioned here that I am in a "Biggest Looser" group with family and I've been struggling in a plateau and could never get below 150 but this morning was weigh - in and I am 149.4 Yay Cheers Yay It's been so discouraging to keep fluctuating at the 150-153 area so now I am happy and have my incentive back. I think giving up my glass of wine at night has helped too. I have to get as much as possible off before April and 28 days on Radiance affraid

Brens Bon Voyage and hoist one for me.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 5:06 pm

Congrats Sheila!! I would LOVE to get off my plateau...and I've given up my daily wine....AND my diet coke (well, down to ONE a day from about 6)

j
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 6:29 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:

I don't know whether I mentioned here that I am in a "Biggest Looser" group with family and I've been struggling in a plateau and could never get below 150 but this morning was weigh - in and I am 149.4 Yay Cheers Yay It's been so discouraging to keep fluctuating at the 150-153 area so now I am happy and have my incentive back. I think giving up my glass of wine at night has helped too. I have to get as much as possible off before April and 28 days on Radiance affraid

Congratulations on the weight loss....................hate to burst your bubble.........but you will be on Radiance "29" days. That extra day might just prove to be your downfall!! ThumpsUp
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 6:45 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Dramaqueen wrote:

Congratulations on the weight loss....................hate to burst your bubble.........but you will be on Radiance "29" days. That extra day might just prove to be your downfall!! ThumpsUp

I think that every day on Radiance will be a potential downfall. Wanna be my keeper?
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 7:23 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:
Dramaqueen wrote:

I think that every day on Radiance will be a potential downfall. Wanna be my keeper?
Sure...........if you'll be mine!! Razz
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 7:44 pm

hey all, y'all have done well today. have made some progress today. thinking my brother will probably stop by on his way home from work to get the 'puter, so 1 more time. Thanks for the BV's

Sheils, I won't be here on Tuesday sooooooooooooooooooo

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Birthday_graphics_39
hope it's a great one. I'll be happy to sacrifice & hoist one in your honor

later all
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 9:23 pm

CONGRATS Sheila.............that's excellent news on the weight loss...........I have been trying so hard.......lost 3 pounds right away,but these past few days.NOTHING...........I know by working out,Im building muscle and muscle=those pounds I dont want...........BUT I want the scale to be my friend......aaaaaaaaaaarrghhhhhhh.........and like you Jul,I've given up the wine(all alcohol for now) and I'll have maybe one diet coke a day(didnt have any today though)........

Went to the dentist and the worst part?????? THE HYGENIST.........young girl who would not SHUT UP...........asked me if I had any plans this weekend(I told her everyday is a weekend to me)......then if I had plans for St patricks day......what do I do all day????.....Do I have kids?? Where do they live??? Do I have pets?? What kind??? Do I get to travel?????? ON and ON and ON............I wanted to say,enuf of the small talk.....PLEASE be quiet................She did a great job though.my teeth are so clean and sparkley...............I do need 2 crowns(I knew that from the last visit).....told the dentist when I have the money,Ill do it................

Well, Dennis is on his way to the Keys.............think I'll catch up with Millionare Matchmaker,that I recorded......

Later!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 10:01 pm

K........I HATE chattery people like that...hairdressers included.......just do what I need done and let me get outta there.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 10:14 pm

Ohh, I so agree with hating the chatty service folk! Usually the hygenist is asking all those stupid questions with her hands in your mouth! How are you supposed to respond even if you want to!!!

No weightloss here... Sad I think I gained everything that Ray has lost!!! I really need to get back to the gym/pool, but can't figure out how to fit it in... Tomorrow is my new start day! LOL

My good news is there is a IL residency special for my Memorial Day cruise! We saved $240! I thought that was awesome for a 3 day cruise! Now I think my airfare will definitely be more than the cruise!
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 11:53 pm

Susan, congrats on the price drop! That's fabulous for a 3-night cruise!

Sheila, I know what you mean about plateaus. I've been stuck on one for a few weeks. I gave up wine except for the weekends, and I'm trying to control myself then, although it wasn't possible on Paradise and Mariner. And lots more exercise, groan. 29 days on Radiance - I envy you!

We got our Azamara cabin assignment and it was just ok - Deck 6 all the way aft (not facing aft, just all the way aft). So I found one almost midships and called AZ, who was happy to make the change for us. So I'm a very happy camper tonight, even if I do have one more floor to climb to get to the buffet - it'll be good for me, and there was $1400 less to cough up at final payment.

And since it's the weekend, I'm having a glass of fume blanc - anybody care to join me? The bottle is still almost full!
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 12:13 am

Jean I would like one please....... thank you very much for sharing. Smile

Great news about the price drop Sharon. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next