Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+14
cruisemasters
Exairgoddess1
TwitchOR
cruisenfever
frudutx
critterchick
Murphy
barbeeAL
crzy4cruising
cruiseforme
GrmyCRS
nancyk2sea
JJ2sail
vlscruiser
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
vlscruiser
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 12:15 am

Oh and Jean terrific news about the price drop for you and still be more mid ship after all. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 12:17 am

Congratulations Sheila on breaking the barrier.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 12:52 am

Brens if you're still there thanks for your birthday wishes.

Jean I think I can at least have a virtual glass of wine. Thanks.

We got our cabin assignment for our Princess Cruise in August. We're on deck 12. The ship has 17 decks. Wow!!! We've never been on anything but RCI so this will be an adventure. Nancy and Ken will have to lead us around.

Kathy, Jul and Susan keep plugging, you can do it.

Off to Bed Sleep
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 1:49 am

Sheila, what ship are you sailing on? I ask because on some ships (Grand class, Gem class and humungous class) the balcony cabins way up high are the same category as Caribe Deck, which has the best balconies on the ship - half covered and half open. The category is BA. So if you're on one of those ships (and with 17 decks, I bet you are), you might want to see if you can change. Just a thought....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 10:46 am

Morning......

Congrats on the price drops,Susan and Jean.......and I agree that is quite a drop for a short cruise,Susan......

Today is my day for cleaning..........all the cabinets in the kitchen.......the outsides,that is.........that should take a while...........then go outside and enjoy the day............

Happy Saturday PBs!!
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 11:06 am

Good morning--woke up to rain, a lot better then snow

Susan and Jean--good news on the price drops, always love to see that

Kathy--a cleaning day sounds like a plan, think I should do the same

Sheila--glad to hear you got your cabin assignment, we are on 10, this will be a new adventure for us. Also, congrats on the weight loss--way to go!!

Last night friends that we did many cruises with took me out to dinner--they just got back from Emerald Princess, they tend to cruise Princess most of the time--good to get out

later---
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 11:21 am

Morning all! This is my bi-monthly scheduled Saturday to work, which stinks because I already had 2 very long days this week, but as Di has previously pointed out... I'm working so how can I complain! But it's good to be able to vent to my sistas!

Ray just called me and said he saw on the news that a ship in the Med was pulled away from its moorings because the wind was so strong and 4 passengers fell into the water as they were trying to board! He said it looked like a RCCL ship, but he couldn't tell! Anyone hear about it?
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 11:46 am

Just watched the video on the other site--it was the MSC Fantasia--four passengers fell into the water when hi winds hit--sounds like and elderly man hit his head but other ok
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 12:28 pm

Morning everyone...............a very dreary but warm day here.

Carolyn Spencer Brown, editor of CC is on that cruise. Guess it was pretty scary.

Chris, thanks so much for "that" email last night. I had trouble falling asleep. roflmao

Nancy, sure hope that your SIL starts to feel better. Radiation and Chemo therapy are not pleasant and very stressful.

Well, today is general cleaning day............have a wonderful day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 1:18 pm

Sheila - congrats on the weight loss!!!!!! WooHoo

Susan - it was MSC. I was just watching the video before I came here. It gave me chills.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia4M0Z_nbVk
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 1:39 pm

Oh how scary that would be......I shudder every time I'm on a gangplank....if it's crowded I will usually wait until it's free so I can go quickly!!!!

have a gr8 Sat y'all
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 2:11 pm

Good Morning Ladies

Busy cleaning & as Di & Susan, I have work work to do today...

Boys are in garage working

Nice spring day here!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 2:22 pm

Heyyyyyyyyy Barb....I'm working TOO!!! Shocked Well, if that's what ya call it these days!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 4:19 pm

Finished cleaning parts of the house everything except our bedroom and bath. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow. I also made my weekly run to the grocery store.

I read about the accident with that ship over on the other site last evening. Must have been very scary. I too will not spend much time on the gang-way if it can not be helped.

I think John and I are going to make a run to Kohl's he needs some belts I need some "stuff" and I received a 30% off coupon in the mail that I just hate to see go to waste. Laughing

Jill and Dave are in Grenada today hope the trip is going well and that they are having a marvelous time.

The kids plan to stop by tomorrow they've been checking out places to hold their reception and are running the information by us. They've found one place they really like so we'll see.

Roofers are here doing some repairs and the plumbers are coming by later to give us an estimate to replace the water heaters. Ya know when it rains it pours.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 5:55 pm

Happy Saturday All. It's very warm here and we have windows open. It's so nice to have fresh air coming in. It won't last though. Cold weather is to return soon.

I just got in from a busy morning. I had to go to a viewing. So sad. One of my SS couples who swim early every morning lost there son after a routine Gall Bladder surgery. They are just devastated. He was a well known educator in Dover and so the line was humugous.

Went to Kohl's I had 20% this time Di and picked up a few things, then on to Sam's for other stuff. Bought one of those pod system coffee makers which I've been wanting since Bob was told no caffeine. This way I can have a cup of high test and he can have a cup of caffeine free. He only drinks one cup a day and has been missing it since he didn't want to brew 2 different pots of coffee in the morning for one cup each although I usually drink a little more. This should work out well for both of us.

Our church is going to be in charge of meals at the local homeless shelter all next week so I had to buy stuff to donate. I will be there for most of the dinner meals to dispense meds since they're not allowed to hold their own meds. It'll be a busy week for sure. We also have to cook and clean up. Bob will be patting them down and looking through their bags as they come in.

I'm ready to sit and chill for a bit.
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 5:59 pm

Sheila--sounds like you need a break. does that mean you will be taking care of the homeless on your birthday? What a special person, good for you!!!

Still raining here, it is better then snow but very dreary.

Later--
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 6:34 pm

Wow...I always have this fear of gangways giving in........how scary!!

Sheila--we have looked at those coffemakers quite often......be great.....only downside is Dennis takes a thermos with him to work and that wont do....I drink tea and use an electric kettle..........got hooked on it after one of my cruises and we had it in the cabin...........how wonderful of you and Bob to help the homeless,...Kudos to you.....

Sorry most of you had to work today......hopefully,your day is about over now......

Kinda hungry......think I'll eat early.........gonna make a salad and put tuna on it.........
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 6:50 pm

The owner of our company got all the managers (me included) the Keurig type of coffee maker for Christmas. It uses the K-Cups (look like big coffee creamer plastic cups), not the pods, but similar. It makes FABULOUS coffee, but it is more expensive that the old drip pot! I found I like the Gloria Jean brand of coffee the best so far,but we are having fun experimenting with different kinds. Enjoy yours Sheila! And that is so nice of you to donate so much of your time during your birthday week!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 7:04 pm

Oh Gloria Jean's coffee, I remember when I worked in Minneapolis I used to stop there every morning on my way to work. It was an expensive vice but fortunately I was on an expense account Laughing . AH the good old days.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 8:02 pm

critterchick wrote:
Sheila, what ship are you sailing on? I ask because on some ships (Grand class, Gem class and humungous class) the balcony cabins way up high are the same category as Caribe Deck, which has the best balconies on the ship - half covered and half open. The category is BA. So if you're on one of those ships (and with 17 decks, I bet you are), you might want to see if you can change. Just a thought....

Jean, we will be on the Caribbean Princess. It's a freebie for us through CF because we booked the Oasis Halloween Cruise. We have an inside on deck 12 which is fine. We have the option to upgrade but probably won't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 8:14 pm

Not such a sacrifice to spend my birthday at the shelter. We are only scheduled to do this one week out of the Winter and this is it. Other churches give time too. The men come in off the street at 5pm get a dinner and a place to sleep for the night and a breakfast in the AM. They have to be out by 7am. They are trying to expand the program to an all year round one so we may get another crack at it. We have some great folks who will do all the cooking including a school cook who will cook breakfast and then go to her job then come back and help cook dinner. What I'm doing is a drop in the bucket in comparison although I will help clean up in between pushing pills.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 9:07 pm

Finally home and done for the day......store was cranking..YAY

Now onto laundry, cleaning and getting ready to pack for LV.....

Chris.....I THINK I'll be able to have a drink with ya if you guys can on the 19th at some point.....we are usually on our own that night and just have to go to bed early since we have to be at airport at 6am.....so maybe on ur way home from work.....

I think those pod coffee pots are cool but I can't get dh to go for it.....he makes a whole pot (starbucks) every am and takes a big cup for each of the girls in the office........claims that way he's not wasting coffee!!! he's got them spoiled that's for sure!!

j
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 9:47 pm

I only make coffee at home on weekends. During the week I wait till I get to work to have my first cup. At home during the week I drink hot tea. Weird huh?

Well we made our trip to Kohl's and John got his belts and I got my "stuff". Coupon is good till the 10th but I can't think of anything else I really need.

Gonna call it a night until I'm up for work, around midnight.

d
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 9:49 pm

I only got a 15% off........bummer, cuz I won't bother going to look with only that amount......a 30% gets me in the door and usually out with out $200 in merch.....oh well...their loss!! My gain!!

j
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 10:11 pm

The cool thing about all of us getting the K-cup machines is that a couple of the guys brought theirs to work! So, I make the equivalent to 2 cups in my travel mug each morning to take with me and if I need a boost later, I can use their machine in their office. I found a great website.... coffeeforless.com... that I order from. Sheila, they have the pod coffee there too, but I haven't checked to see if their prices are competitive for that or not. This Keurig machine supports all types of different hot drinks... there are tea cups and hot chocolate cups and Ghirdelli makes a hot chocolate packet that is measured to work with the plain hot water feature of the machine.

Jul, I just found out a few hours ago, that my Dad and his wife will be visiting here in May and plan to stop in Branson for 3 or 4 nights on their way home. You'll have to email me a list of stores Judi (Dad's wife) needs to go to!!! Shopping is her middle name!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 13 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next