Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+14
barbeeAL
TwitchOR
Murphy
vlscruiser
Exairgoddess1
critterchick
cruisenfever
frudutx
GrmyCRS
nancyk2sea
misseddie
jillybabes
JJ2sail
cruiseforme
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 10:09 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
PH8 wrote:
WOW-----------the 60s was a good decade for marriages...........thought it was the decade for free love and all that stuff Razz
Maybe love was free back then, but I sure cost Jim a lot of money on other stuff!! Shocked
haha.I bet you do!!

Just booked a hotel for Cocoa Beach for tomorrow night,so hope you all play nice while Im gone.............leaving early in the am and will be back Wednesday!!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 10:11 pm

kathy.........BON VOYAGE.........go eat some wonton shrimp at the seafood place right on the water........where the ship sails from (drawing a blank on the name of it)......tried to duplicate the wonton shrimp but can't...

j
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 10:24 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
kathy.........BON VOYAGE.........go eat some wonton shrimp at the seafood place right on the water........where the ship sails from (drawing a blank on the name of it)......tried to duplicate the wonton shrimp but can't...

j

I think you mean "Fish Lips" It's great. Bon Voyage Kathy.

I think all of us who married in 1966-67 just missed the flower child movement. The summer of love in SF was 1967 and by then I was very pregnant. I had my DD on July 9th. and yes Kathy I was a child bride. Laughing
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 10:27 pm

Yup that's it! Fish Lips...GREAT place......I wanted to drive from Orl just to eat there but dh wouldn't do it........
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 10:59 pm

Michele - Banner looks great...THANK YOU!

Kathy - Have fun...hmmm....not your anniversary, any special occasion?

Well after a miserable day at work, came home to a garage door that won't open. The Garage Door Man (yes, that's the business name) will be here tomorrow afternoon. Managed to find out how to open it manually...Martha certainly doesn't want to leave her new baby sitting in the driveway. It was 30 degrees here this morning, and didn't get warmer than 47 all day. ArgMad
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 11:24 pm

Gees, we haven't rolled over yet...
Michele...love the banner "upgrade" and thanks again for directing me to my signature "preferences" to make sure it was checked "yes" to always show it!!

Spent the day getting haircut and taking down the rest of our Christmas decorations...only thing left is the big tree in the Family room!

Got a nice email from the agent that is handling the Mystery Cruise and more info.
She said we will all have everything in writing before we make our final decision (sometime prior to april).

She said Tina sent out a new email this AM, but I haven't received anything...has anyone else???

Have fun Jill...and Kathy!
Mar~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 11:50 pm

I know FishLips well........you see that area is where we HOPE to live someday.....
Not a special occasion.............just Dennis is home now till Wednesday and its gonna be in the mid to high 80s tomorrow..........good day for the beach,I think............

No emails today from Tina..........

Ok, this is really my last post for now..............I just had to come on to check something else out............

Later!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 12:08 am

Bon voyage Kathy.............have a great cruise.

Chris, lifting the garage door manually will give you muscles. Have had to do it many times here.

Nope, no emails here either. Sad Sad Sad

Nite everyone............
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 12:28 am

No e-mail here either Mar. Good bye Kathy, good night Patti.

Had a little glitch here over the weekend with the elect. sockets here in the office. Got that resolved this morning, then over to church to take down decorations. Oh and Jimmy Boy started drooling like a leaky faucet Sunday morning. Seemed to stop this morning and yet there seems to be some of it this evening. So will call Vet for sure tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 9:15 am

Good morning all, another beautiful day ahead.

I looked back and on 1/3 we got an update from Tina about several topics and this cruise was one of them. Would that be the letter you mean?

Early start today, errands to take care of, later--
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:52 am

Morning all! Lot's of happy Texans as the Horns beat "The Ohio State" University. Sorry Patti! Sad The guys I work with will be bearable for a change. Translation: I won't have to sit with my headphones on the entire day.

I got married (the first time) in November of 69' it lasted 7 years. John and I got married in Dec 1977 after knowing each other a few months and have been married 31 years.

Very overcast today but at least the temps are above freezing and we were fortunate in that we did not lose power as many people have due to build up of ice on the power lines.

I just sent y'all a recipe, a chocolate cake you make in a coffee cup.

d
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 12:30 pm

Good Morning Ladies,

TY for the cake rec. yummy reading! Will give it a try later.

Was first married in 1972 (I think) lasted 5 1/2 years and resulted in two children. Then married in 1979 to late husband we were married for nearly 22 years. He was a keeper Smile
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 1:08 pm

I was a late bloomer, I guess. Don and I met in 1971 but didn't get married until 1994, first for both of us. Not afraid of commitment or anything...

Virginia, I hope that the pup is ok!
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 1:26 pm

So everyone is telling about their marriages? Bob and I met on an airplane...no surprise there. We both were working though, bet you didn't know that once-upon-a-time he was a flt. attendant as well. We both were in our late 20s. Got married 6 months after we started to date (this is our one and only marriage for both) and have been married for going on 33 yrs. Flew together for 4 years.

Heard from Karen this AM, and she was surprised that I knew so much about "what's happnin now" on the Mariner 46 dayer...I told her Merion Mom was doing a live thread. She said they had a gathering of about 60 CCers the night before embarkation.
I think we might have about that many on our April 19th Mariner, too

Looking for our docs now for the Mariner Inaugural out here when it gets here next month....

Hugs, Mar
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 1:34 pm

Sounds like Carol is having a really good time, but then she usually does doesn't she?

I told John last night that the Nelsons were on the cruise and that they had been on Liberty too a few weeks ago. Now why couldn't they have been on our sailing? I'm tired of just seeing them over and over and over again on the TV.

I'm sitting here making out our cruise schedule, when the M&M's are, the Pre-M&M's, the slot-pulls, cabin crawls, etc. Gonna be a busy 2 weeks. Need to ask those of you who have done B2B's do you usually go to the shows and special events both weeks? Or do you skip some stuff? It nice to know that we're not going to have to get off the ship at the end of the first week that's for sure.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 1:45 pm

Good Morning All, very grey here and a winter storm warning for later. We may just miss it and get the dreaded "Wintry Mix" which IMHO is just as bad. Spent the morning catching up on STUFF that had to get done. Di, I sent the Chocolate Cake recipe to my "Biggest Loser" Team. DS did say we should encourage each other. LittleDevil ThumpsUp

My marraige story is that Bob and I met when he was in the USAF and stationed to Prestwick AFB in Scotland. We met in 1964 married in 1966 and I came to the States in 1967 and have been here ever since.

Di, in answer to your BtoB question: We have attented all the events both times sometimes and skipped them other times. It depended on who we were sailing with. Sometimes we just visited in the CL and then went to dinner.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 1:53 pm

Well first week we'll be with Rick & Carol and Dee and Michel from the Alaska cruise week 2 we'll be on our own guess we'll play it by ear.

Just looked Grandeur is docked in Key West today should have had Jill go stand in front of the web-cam on Duvall Street and wave at us. Always think of these things to late. scratch

d
Back to top Go down
misseddie
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
misseddie

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 1:56 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Maybe love was free back then, but I sure cost Jim a lot of money on other stuff!! Shocked
You mean you no longer do? Shocked

Dramaqueen wrote:
yes Kathy I was a child bride.
Less of the was. Once a Child Bride - Always a Child Bride. lol!
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 2:00 pm

Morning everyone!

Went home from work yesterday with a migraine and nausea, and went straight to bed. Feel a little washed out today.

I guess, 7 is our lucky number for the Polar Bears, Jim and I were married in 1987, I noticed we all have a 7 somewhere in our past.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 2:06 pm

JJ2sail wrote:
Morning everyone!

Went home from work yesterday with a migraine and nausea, and went straight to bed. Feel a little washed out today.

I guess, 7 is our lucky number for the Polar Bears, Jim and I were married in 1987, I noticed we all have a 7 somewhere in our past.

Yes we do, John and I got engaged on 9/17 and married on 12/17 and our first date was on 6/17. BeamMeUp

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 2:53 pm

JJ2sail wrote:
Morning everyone!

Me too! Shocked

Something in the water yesterday? I was in bed by 3pm.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 3:08 pm

Do you all take anything for your migraines? I used to do the imitrex injections, then tablets and now I take Maxalt. They disolve on my tongue. I certainly don't get as many as I used to (thanks to the big "M") but I still know when that time of the month should have been. And, I also need to stay away from certain foods: chocolate, alcohol, and some cheeses. I also know when I'm under stress or I'm thrown off my normal schedule, sleep for example. I've had several small ones recently but nothing that put me in bed thank heavens those days are gone.

d
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 3:49 pm

Afternoon everyone..............back from the dentist. Look Ma...........No Cavities!! Very Happy Very Happy

Reading all the stories on "How we Met" makes me think of an old fashion pj party.......where secrets are revealed. Razz

Jim and I met via the United States Postal Service while he was stationed in Vietnam. Started writing to him in the fall of 1965, we finally met when he came home on leave in February of 1967 and were married in November of 1967. Oh, and I still have ever letter he sent me packed in a box up in the attic.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 3:57 pm

Oh that's so sweet Patti!

Michele and Diane- I think I made it until 4:00pm yesterday but just barely, the drive home was awful, and for once not because of the traffic. I don't take any prescriptions, I've just started getting them again after not having them for years, and it does seem to tie in with my cycles and stress.

Grey and gloomy here today, but it's supposed to start warming up later in the week, we may hit 60! Woo hoo!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 4:42 pm

I found an embroidery pattern I could make us all hoodies:

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 AH23

d
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next