Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes
 

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Share
 

 Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
misseddie
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
misseddie

Number of posts : 179
Location : uk
Reputation : 10
Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 2:32 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Charlie, I'm not giving RCI any ideas believe me. There are changes coming sometime during 2009 and I really feel that will be one of them.
Yeah Patti, so I heard. Apparently to save fuel on sea days, and to keep passengers fit, each cabin is being issued with oars!
ThumpsUp HappyHappyJoyJoy ThumpsUp


New RCCL theme tune for 2009.lol!
Row, Row, Row your boat!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Location : Fairview, TX
Reputation : 13
Points : 93
Registration date : 2007-08-10

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 2:34 pm

misseddie wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:
Charlie, I'm not giving RCI any ideas believe me. There are changes coming sometime during 2009 and I really feel that will be one of them.
Yeah Patti, so I heard. Apparently to save fuel on sea days, and to keep passengers fit, each cabin is being issued with oars!
ThumpsUp HappyHappyJoyJoy ThumpsUp

New RCCL theme tune for 2009.lol!
Row, Row, Row your boat!


Now that's funny!

d
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member
Resident Expert & Charter Member


Number of posts : 2666
Location : USA
Reputation : 25
Points : 131
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 2:40 pm

misseddie wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:
Charlie, I'm not giving RCI any ideas believe me. There are changes coming sometime during 2009 and I really feel that will be one of them.
Yeah Patti, so I heard. Apparently to save fuel on sea days, and to keep passengers fit, each cabin is being issued with oars!
ThumpsUp HappyHappyJoyJoy ThumpsUp

New RCCL theme tune for 2009.lol!
Row, Row, Row your boat!
Oh Charlie............leave it to you to make us laugh.

BTW..........why aren't you at work today??
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member
Resident Expert & Charter Member


Number of posts : 2666
Location : USA
Reputation : 25
Points : 131
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 2:45 pm

Here's some interesting news about the Mariner repo cruise which left yesterday..

The ship is sailing at 77% capacity. affraid Rick's wife Bobbie is going to get a more accurate account after she speaks with the Hotel Director.

150 people were denied boarding because of no Visa. The main excuse was they aren't getting off in Brazil, so they thought they didn't need one. Shocked Some decided to be bused to Miami to get Visas expedited today. They will not be allowed to Board until the ship reaches Barbados. So they will have added expenses out of their pockets for food, hotel, airfare and, of course their Visa.

Muster drill is today at 5:00. Today is the first formal night and the Captain's Reception party. Captain Johnny really blew this one.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Location : Fairview, TX
Reputation : 13
Points : 93
Registration date : 2007-08-10

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 2:50 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Here's some interesting news about the Mariner repo cruise which left yesterday..

The ship is sailing at 77% capacity. affraid Rick's wife Bobbie is going to get a more accurate account after she speaks with the Hotel Director.

150 people were denied boarding because of no Visa. The main excuse was they aren't getting off in Brazil, so they thought they didn't need one. Shocked Some decided to be bused to Miami to get Visas expedited today. They will not be allowed to Board until the ship reaches Barbados. So they will have added expenses out of their pockets for food, hotel, airfare and, of course their Visa.

Muster drill is today at 5:00. Today is the first formal night and the Captain's Reception party. Captain Johnny really blew this one.

How do you figure the Captain blew it?

d
Back to top Go down
misseddie
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
misseddie

Number of posts : 179
Location : uk
Reputation : 10
Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 2:56 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Oh Charlie............leave it to you to make us laugh.

BTW..........why aren't you at work today??
Recovering! Not going to Gaza either. Very Happy

cruisenfever wrote:
150 people were denied boarding because of no Visa. The main excuse was they aren't getting off in Brazil, so they thought they didn't need one. Shocked Some decided to be bused to Miami to get Visas expedited today. Captain Johnny really blew this one.

Why the Captain? If you are going to enter a country's territorial waters......................
All one has to do, before one sails, to find out which doc's are required is "google" and err on the side of caution. Neutral

How many people from over here are having problems entering the U.S.A. now that ALL applications under the Visa Waiver Scheme HAVE to be made online?

Technology is a wonderous thing but all it takes is a power cut (E.M.P.) and we are back in the stone age. TOO much reliance! : spbx:
Back to top Go down
critterchick
Resident Expert & Charter Member
Resident Expert & Charter Member


Number of posts : 845
Age : 120
Location : Planet Earth
Reputation : 16
Points : 42
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 3:25 pm

I think Patti means that Captain Johnny blew the timing of muster drill - how are people with main dining supposed to get ready?
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Location : Fairview, TX
Reputation : 13
Points : 93
Registration date : 2007-08-10

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 3:28 pm

critterchick wrote:
I think Patti means that Captain Johnny blew the timing of muster drill - how are people with main dining supposed to get ready?

Yes, that's true unless they've already adjusted dining for South America.

d
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member
Resident Expert & Charter Member


Number of posts : 2666
Location : USA
Reputation : 25
Points : 131
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 3:36 pm

frudutx wrote:
critterchick wrote:
I think Patti means that Captain Johnny blew the timing of muster drill - how are people with main dining supposed to get ready?

Yes, that's true unless they've already adjusted dining for South America.

d
Diane, main seating is still at 6:00PM and late seating is still 8:30 and will be until they reach SA. The folks on the repo cruise roll call were told that the dining times will not change as they head to LA. I find this hard to believe especially if they pick up many Brazilian pax after the first segment. Those folks eat late.............and if they do not change the times.............they will not be there on time.

It's the folks with early dining that are having issues with this. Nothing like getting dressed in your finery to cover it up with an orange vest........then sweat your behind off on deck..........then take that vest back to your cabin and make the Captain's Reception Party before dinner.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member
Resident Expert & Charter Member


Number of posts : 2666
Location : USA
Reputation : 25
Points : 131
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 3:40 pm

misseddie wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:
Oh Charlie............leave it to you to make us laugh.

BTW..........why aren't you at work today??
Recovering! Not going to Gaza either. Very Happy

cruisenfever wrote:
150 people were denied boarding because of no Visa. The main excuse was they aren't getting off in Brazil, so they thought they didn't need one. Shocked Some decided to be bused to Miami to get Visas expedited today. Captain Johnny really blew this one.

Why the Captain? If you are going to enter a country's territorial waters......................
All one has to do, before one sails, to find out which doc's are required is "google" and err on the side of caution. Neutral

How many people from over here are having problems entering the U.S.A. now that ALL applications under the Visa Waiver Scheme HAVE to be made online?

Technology is a wonderous thing but all it takes is a power cut (E.M.P.) and we are back in the stone age. TOO much reliance! : spbx:
Charlie.......the Captain is the one who sets the time for the muster drill. Since they didn't leave port until 7:55PM last night.............he decided to have muster today........and it has to be done within 24 hours of leaving the home port.

I agree with you about the Google and Visa requirements. But there are always those people that still think that "it doesn't apply to them" or "somebody else will take care of it"!

You must have had one wild and whacky night to be home recovering!! Razz


Last edited by cruisenfever on Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Location : Fairview, TX
Reputation : 13
Points : 93
Registration date : 2007-08-10

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 3:41 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
frudutx wrote:
critterchick wrote:
I think Patti means that Captain Johnny blew the timing of muster drill - how are people with main dining supposed to get ready?

Yes, that's true unless they've already adjusted dining for South America.

d
Diane, main seating is still at 6:00PM and late seating is still 8:30 and will be until they reach SA. The folks on the repo cruise roll call were told that the dining times will not change as they head to LA. I find this hard to believe especially if they pick up many Brazilian pax after the first segment. Those folks eat late.............and if they do not change the times.............they will not be there on time.

It's the folks with early dining that are having issues with this. Nothing like getting dressed in your finery to cover it up with an orange vest........then sweat your behind off on deck..........then take that vest back to your cabin and make the Captain's Reception Party before dinner.

I don't know why they didn't do the drill before they left people off the ship at Cococay.

That sailing has not started off on the right foot at all, has it? You are 100% correct he blew it. I'd be tempted to show up in the dining room with the life vest.
d
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Location : Fairview, TX
Reputation : 13
Points : 93
Registration date : 2007-08-10

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 3:43 pm

I just have to share something: I've been surfing the web for patterns for wedding gowns and came across the pattern for my original wedding gown:

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 9652mccalls

How funny is that? We also used the same pattern for the attendants.

d
Back to top Go down
misseddie
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
misseddie

Number of posts : 179
Location : uk
Reputation : 10
Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 3:58 pm

frudutx wrote:
I just have to share something: I've been surfing the web for patterns for wedding gowns and came across the pattern for my original wedding gown:

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 9652mccalls

How funny is that? We also used the same pattern for the attendants.

d
What Goes Around Comes Around. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Location : Fairview, TX
Reputation : 13
Points : 93
Registration date : 2007-08-10

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 4:00 pm

misseddie wrote:
frudutx wrote:
I just have to share something: I've been surfing the web for patterns for wedding gowns and came across the pattern for my original wedding gown:

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 9652mccalls

How funny is that? We also used the same pattern for the attendants.

d
What Goes Around Comes Around. Very Happy

That may be true but this pattern is for sale under vintage patterns.

d
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert


Number of posts : 446
Location : Iowa
Reputation : 18
Points : 61
Registration date : 2007-10-11

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 4:47 pm

Diane--love your taste in gowns, mine was very similar. We made the attendants gowns and that looks like the pattern. Guess it would be 'Vintage"
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Location : Fairview, TX
Reputation : 13
Points : 93
Registration date : 2007-08-10

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 5:01 pm

nancyk2sea wrote:
Diane--love your taste in gowns, mine was very similar. We made the attendants gowns and that looks like the pattern. Guess it would be 'Vintage"

This was 1969 Nancy.

d
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 5:06 pm

Hi Polar Bears,
One of my friends emailed me this clip art, and I thought one of you might like to use it. I hope each of you have wonderful future cruises .



Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Polarbearcub
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 5:29 pm

Thanks to KK99 for the clip art.

Nancy congrats on getting the banner in place.

Jen and Michelle, the new banner looks great. It changed automatically in my sig.

Jill I guess I missed you but "Bon Voyage" anyway.

Di, love the pattern. I was 1966 and my Bride's maid dress pattern was very similar but I bought my dress. Similar style though but an all heavy lace top and a slub silk bell shaped skirt with a train attached to the waist line.

Off to the food store. Bob and I are in a "Biggest Loser" family affair arranged by my DS so I need STUFF so I can beat all of them. Catcha all later.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Location : Fairview, TX
Reputation : 13
Points : 93
Registration date : 2007-08-10

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 5:34 pm

Knowing Jill she's at the pool bar for a sail-away cocktail!

Bon Voyage Jill and Dave have a fabulous 60th Birthday Darling!

d
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert


Number of posts : 446
Location : Iowa
Reputation : 18
Points : 61
Registration date : 2007-10-11

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 5:37 pm

Di--forgot to say ours was 1967
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 5:55 pm

You all must have been child brides to be married in the 60s!!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member
Resident Expert & Charter Member


Number of posts : 2666
Location : USA
Reputation : 25
Points : 131
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 6:31 pm

PH8 wrote:
You all must have been child brides to be married in the 60s!!
Yep...........I'm another 1967 bride!!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 6:55 pm

WOW-----------the 60s was a good decade for marriages...........thought it was the decade for free love and all that stuff Razz
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 6:56 pm

Back to top Go down
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member
Resident Expert & Charter Member


Number of posts : 2666
Location : USA
Reputation : 25
Points : 131
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 10:00 pm

PH8 wrote:
WOW-----------the 60s was a good decade for marriages...........thought it was the decade for free love and all that stuff Razz
Maybe love was free back then, but I sure cost Jim a lot of money on other stuff!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Back to top 
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Line Specific Boards :: Royal Caribbean :: Royal Caribbean All Aboard! (Roll Call) :: 2007-
Jump to: