Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+14
barbeeAL
TwitchOR
Murphy
vlscruiser
Exairgoddess1
critterchick
cruisenfever
frudutx
GrmyCRS
nancyk2sea
misseddie
jillybabes
JJ2sail
cruiseforme
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 10:05 pm

Nancy......prayers and good thoughts for your sil..

Patti.....YES, please tell us the story study

Dh and sil are installing the wood floor in dd's living room/dining room....I imagine he is going to come home dead tired and cranky!!

Trying to get house cleaned up and things ready for another week......

Jen.....glad ur internet is fixed......don't ya just wonder how ya lived without it???
Back to top Go down
Murphy
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 10:09 pm

OOOHHHH! I found it!
From Patti:
"I can't take credit for the name The Polar Bear Express. My good friend Martha (VegasSpunk), Chris's sister, suggested that name way back when and it just kinda stuck in my brain"

WTG Martha! cheers
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 10:38 pm

Murphy wrote:
OOOHHHH! I found it!
From Patti:
"I can't take credit for the name The Polar Bear Express. My good friend Martha (VegasSpunk), Chris's sister, suggested that name way back when and it just kinda stuck in my brain"

WTG Martha! cheers
And we have a winner folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay

OK, the story is........Jim and I booked the Radiance cruise to Alaska the day it opened for booking. I think it was Chris and Martha who booked either the same day or a day later. Now you all gotta remember, bookings opened up in April of 2006 and we did not know at that time that it was going to be a Member's Cruise.

I had always wanted to start a roll call for a cruise and wanted a name. So I emailed Chris and Martha and Martha suggested Polar Bear Express............which I thought was a terrific name.

I go to the Radiance roll call boards all set to start a new thread and Diane (happy2fly) had started one already Crying or Very sad So I asked Diane if she would mind naming the roll call the Polar Bear Express because...............and you all know the rest of the story.

So, I can not take credit................Martha is the one with the creative mind. It's probably a good thing I wasn't the roll call starter the way things ended up. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 10:55 pm

Good story and it was a great thread while it lasted! I booked on July4th and you already had a load of folks signed up by then!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 11:09 pm

and the mystery is solved......thanks all for explaining..........

I wonder why you didnt at least get the strawberries Jill......we still get thmem at last twice a trip(and I dont even eat them)....did get the cheese on the NV too......but not surprised to hear that you didnt get them.........probably a sign of the times........
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 12:34 am

Just thought I would drop by before retiring for the evening. It is snowing again. Our nice clean driveway has white fluff all over it. Did I ever tell you I HATE snow?? cursing cursing

Have a great evening everyone..............catch ya all tomorrow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 12:37 am

Great story you guys. I don't remember when we booked. I know I didn't discover the dark side 'til after our Hawaii/ Alaska BtoB 'cause a guy on there clued me in. I think the PBE was one of the first ones I posted on. I remember asking all kinds of newbie questions and Patti patiently walking me through the answers.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 12:42 am

PH8 wrote:
and the mystery is solved......thanks all for explaining..........

I wonder why you didnt at least get the strawberries Jill......we still get thmem at last twice a trip(and I dont even eat them)....did get the cheese on the NV too......but not surprised to hear that you didnt get them.........probably a sign of the times........

I don't eat the strawberries either, was going to give them to our friends...The explanation was only on 7 day and over cruises do you get the perk! Nighty Night Sleep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 1:23 am

Had to do some research but I found what I was looking for. We booked the PBE while we were on Jewel in Jan 2007. My first post was on Jan 10th just before we left for Jewel.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 9:48 am

Morning! It's COLD here! Well, that's not exactly news any more is it??? :coldout:

10 degrees now with a high in the mid-teens. We got another dusting of snow, but Patti I think you got more than us overall on this storm. I'd guess we have 8 inches total new snow.

4 weeks from today, I board the AOS in San Juan, though, so hopefully there is some sun and warmth in my future!
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 12:02 pm

thanks for the explanation of how the PB came to be. My start date with the other site is way back in 2000, might just have been and AOL thing then. We booked the Radiance while on the Jewel TA in Sept. 2006 and posted shortly after that.
So glad that we all got to meet.
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 12:46 pm

Good Morning...

Starting to warm up a bit here...sorry for the freezing temps and snow a lot of you bears are having.

Patti - Had to laugh about the PBE name trivia. Asked Martha if she knew who gave us the name. She looked puzzled for a while, then finally said she thought she had mentioned it to you. I actually liked the name I suggested, but of course being a senior....can't remember for the life of me what that one was.

Remember saying when it was announced as a *Members Cruise* that there could be a *PROBLEM* ....but overlooking that LOL....it was a fabulous cruise and because of that *PROBLEM* we are all HERE!!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 2:01 pm

Morning all..........another day of cleaning around here.

Projects to work on are reorganizing the Cmas closet .......

Sunny out but freezing cold......but nice to see sunshine

Have a gr8 sunday y'all

j
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 2:36 pm

Waiting in Denver to board for last leg of flight, was able to sleep on the red eye, which is a shock.

We flew BHM - DEN - KOA on Jan 3rd and reverse back

Sitting directly behind us was a family of 6 with a small child & a teen, mom, dad GM & GD, cousin...on the way back the same family was right behind us again...what are the odds of that...I need to by a loto ticket

Nancy do I see the holiday cruise banner on your posting.... santa HappyHappyJoyJoy
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 2:50 pm

Barb.........safe flight!!! and yup, I'd buy a lotto ticket too!!

and yea....Nancy was the last giveout.....ALL the spbs are sailing again...YAY

Onto paying bills and then floors...ICK

BUT the computer keeps calling my name!!
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 4:00 pm

Yes, Barb we are joining the group, sounds like too much fun to miss.

Update on SIL--out of the hospital this afternoon and that's all I know now.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 4:22 pm

Afternoon everyone.................seems that Jim doesn't like the new Home Page. He couldn't find us. But I did............. cheers

Only about an inch of new snow over night..........so went out this morning......started and cleaned off my car again.............cleaned the front deck and the driveway. Now we have the ice cycles dripping all over the deck and patio in the back. Did I happen to mention that I hate snow..........and winter is becoming a real PITA. cursing

Nancy, any word on your SIL? Hope all is well with her.

Chris, I'm sorry but I don't remember what name you picked either. Embarassed

Have a great afternoon............................
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 5:00 pm

cruisenfever wrote:

Only about an inch of new snow over night..........so went out this morning......started and cleaned off my car again.............cleaned the front deck and the driveway. Now we have the ice cycles dripping all over the deck and patio in the back. Did I happen to mention that I hate snow..........and winter is becoming a real PITA. :@#$: .....

Here's a pretty nasty :@#$: statistic.... So far this year, the greater Chicagoland area has received 2 inches less snow than the NORMAL ENTIRE WINTER SEASON and we've got a good 2 months left to go!!!!!!!!! :coldout:

Nancy, hoping for nothing but good news with your family!

Barb, safe flying!

Jul, you haven't posted for a while, so I hope you are getting your cleaning done!

I left for the gym a little after 10 this morning. I was half way there and Ray called to say he was called into work again! They are only predicting flurries, with less than an inch additional accumulation, but because we are only supposed to be in single digit temps all week, they called a crew in to clear up what little snow we get. Since it's double time on Sunday, they normally don't call anyone out unless it's really necessary, so they must think it's going to get bad! :taz:
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 5:02 pm

Good Afternoon SPB's

Kathy, I sent Tina an email that our friends will be joining us on the Xmas Cruise so you can add them to your list if you are still keeping one...They are going to book a JS...
In the midst of doing laundry-clothes are in dryer now...
Cloudy here today with the sun trying to peek through, feel bad for all of you with cold weather and snow but just think some of you will be cruising shortly and be out of the mess!!!
Nancy: good news about your sil...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 5:07 pm

Patti I had a little trouble finding us last evening but I have it nailed down now. BTW it's Nancy's son-in-law who was hopitalised but I believe he was released this afternoon. Hope all is well there.

I'm watching the Eagles/Giants game You gotta give to the Eagles, they were all but out and people were asking for Andy Reid and Donovan's heads on a platter around here. Now they're this far in the play-offs and I have to believe they may get it done today.

We never did get any snow yesterday since it tracked further north.

Susan I have 19 days to wait to get warm cheers
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 5:08 pm

I'm here.......

Bills done, laundry done, bathroom finished, dgd did the dusting Smile.......now the closet!!

And packing for a mini trip ..

I was laughing as I was getting various coupons and such together.......I get to shop at a BIG city..YAY...Costco here I come Smile

j
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 6:53 pm

Stopping by to say hi and catch up.if I stay away too long,got too many pages to read........

Jill-Im not keeping the list anymore..............turned it over to Tina who might have turned it over to the TA.not sure...............I just started the list cuz she asked me to do it.........but Im done now..

Back later..........we're headed back out for awhile.......
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 6:56 pm

Jill..I think someone fibbed to you...we were on a 7 day on the Vision last month and no strawberries, no cheese, no pillow mints...only a fruit plate (whole fruit) which we never touch either....but I think if that were all we'd miss...it would be no problem...now if you want to talk about the refundables and non-refundable OBCs...THAT is a problem! And I am hearing that Diamonds (not D+) will no longer be able to use the CL. I am thinking they mean the regular CLs which are too tiny anyway and I prefer the annexs that they create for the Ds and D+s in rooms of the Viking Crown.

Have to get going as I need to take down the last vestige of Christmas....the large tree in the Family Room.

How special that the Tavern-on-the-Green is a choice for the Mystery Cruise....have always wanted to go there.

Hugs, Mar~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 6:57 pm

FLY EAGLES FLY Cheers Cheers
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 8:38 pm

Congrats Sheila!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next