Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+15
flowers
JayKay
jb8539
barbeeAL
vlscruiser
frudutx
GrmyCRS
critterchick
Murphy
cruisenfever
JJ2sail
nancyk2sea
jillybabes
cruiseforme
Exairgoddess1
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
critterchick
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 845
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 1:40 pm

Well, the rain hit with a vengeance in the wee hours, so we have flooding and accidents all over Southern California. I woke up to my usual pile of fur. Getting ready to go out, but of course had to check in with my SPBs!

Diane, sorry you can't get away since you've been abandoned. We're sooo looking forward to sailing on the Journey - I have lots of books, including a couple of Clive Cusslers for Don for his birthday, a needlepoint pillow that I've never even taken out of its packaging, and no plans for any of the ports except Cabo!
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 2:42 pm

frudutx wrote:
Welcome back, it's so good to see Voyager in port in Galveston. So how did things look?
d

Glad to see another TX cruiser. I asked on the group cruise thread about a CF group cruise on Voyager and they said if we get enough interest could happen. Im working on getting some other Texans to join in here, but so far when they see everything is from the East Coast they kind of back away like I did when I first came, but I will keep trying.

I think Voyager is a pretty ship and might be fun later on when the group picks up from more areas of the U.S. Who knows, by then maybe RCL will give Texas a year round ship Very Happy Temps here just dropped from 29 to 28 degrees, brrr.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 2:48 pm

Welcome Back Nancy, Ken, Barb and Danny...

Nancy: You missed a lovely boat parade last night!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 4:15 pm

jillybabes wrote:
Good Morning All: The Party and boat Parade were a hit! We had 51 people and plenty of food and desserts!!!
Currently 69 degrees and sunny here, which is a nice change from the chilly weather we had last week...

Sheila: Would Love to have the Forgotten Cookie recipe...

I was very happy with the Survivor outcome, Later, Jill

Would you believe it's 68 here in DE. The sun was shining earlier but it's cloudy now and we expect rain for the next 3 days Sad

I too am happy that Bob won. He was very clever.

Here's the recipe.
Forgotten Cookies

Preheat oven to 375

2 egg whites
1/8 tsp salt
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1pkg choco chips.
Beat egg whites with salt until it forms peaks. Slowly add sugar. Beat on high. Add vanilla and choco chipsGREASE cookie sheets. Drop batter by tsp's onto cookie sheets. Put cookies in the oven. TURN THE OVEN OFF. Leave overnight. Makes 3 doz.
Variation: Crush up candy canes and add instead of choco chips.

They are really good. I made them last at the end of the day and just left them til after church yesterday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 4:17 pm

Welcome back Voyager cruisers. We missed you. Welcome
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 4:58 pm

flowers wrote:
frudutx wrote:
Welcome back, it's so good to see Voyager in port in Galveston. So how did things look?
d

Glad to see another TX cruiser. I asked on the group cruise thread about a CF group cruise on Voyager and they said if we get enough interest could happen. Im working on getting some other Texans to join in here, but so far when they see everything is from the East Coast they kind of back away like I did when I first came, but I will keep trying.

I think Voyager is a pretty ship and might be fun later on when the group picks up from more areas of the U.S. Who knows, by then maybe RCL will give Texas a year round ship Very Happy Temps here just dropped from 29 to 28 degrees, brrr.

DH & I are from North of Dallas. We have a B2B scheduled 1/11 - 1/25. It'll be our first VOS experience. We sure do miss Rhapsody.

d
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 6:05 pm

Thanks Sheila for the recipe sunny .....
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 6:08 pm

Afternoon everyone...................we had terrible winds here yesterday.........gusting to over 50 MPH. Did some rearranging in our back yard. The temp was 50+ yesterday and today it's back to the normal.......low 30's. But at least we don't have any snow.......had a little rain yesterday and then more this morning.

Welcome back to the Voyager cruisers. Can't wait to hear all the details.

Have a wonderful day.................will check back later.
Back to top Go down
misseddie
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
misseddie

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 6:55 pm

nancyk2sea wrote:
Not sure but looks like some of you won cruises while we were gone,

The cruises were great, we had a fun time with Barb and Danny.
Hello Nancy,
cruises, some were won, and some still are to be won, but not all can partake.

Does Danny still have the face fuzz? Laughing

Had an e-mail tonight about people joining Cruise Freeks for, let's say, not necessarily the right reasons. Shame on them if it should be so.
bfn
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 7:34 pm

misseddie wrote:
nancyk2sea wrote:
Not sure but looks like some of you won cruises while we were gone,

The cruises were great, we had a fun time with Barb and Danny.
Hello Nancy,
cruises, some were won, and some still are to be won, but not all can partake.

Does Danny still have the face fuzz? Laughing

Had an e-mail tonight about people joining Cruise Freeks for, let's say, not necessarily the right reasons. Shame on them if it should be so.

Sure do hope that you and queen Janet can partake. Very Happy
bfn
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 7:41 pm

frudutx wrote:
DH & I are from North of Dallas. We have a B2B scheduled 1/11 - 1/25. It'll be our first VOS experience. We sure do miss Rhapsody.

d

I'm kind of a newbie cruiser compared to most. I only did Rhapsody once, so I can't say I miss it like the rest of those who used to love her so much. So, forgive me if I say there were things I liked better about Voyager, the cafe in the promenade, the dining room, the whole promenade.. I know most RCL cruisers in Texas really loved Rhapsody.

I admit to being a overly enthusiatic relative newbie to cruising. Im making up for lost time, by cruising a lot now.

Misseddie, I'm sorry to hear there are folks joining here for the wrong reasons. I admit the contests are great, but I would have joined anyway. I feel bad for Tina for that. She is so generous. I want the board to be a huge success.
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 7:42 pm

I am a bit confused, looks like all of the contests are over unless I am missing something.

We enjoyed the VOYAGER, our first time on that size ship and do admit there were lots of people and lots of long lines but a great time.

The Christmas trees went up on turnaround day in Barcelona and more decor added each day. All of the poinsettia were brought aboard in Miami and that added so much. The ship was just so nicely decorated.

More later--
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 9:19 pm

The cabin quest contest is still open. I haven't had a chance to do that one yet.......I may be too late.......maybe this weekend.....

j
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 9:50 pm

misseddie wrote:
bfn

Yep, it's a shame too. To take advantage of Tina's generosity like that. Rolling Eyes

I think it's pretty obvious on the Song thread. When we have a whole bunch of one hit wonders voting for one of 2 people. And then saying that they "got an email to come here and vote" Rolling Eyes

And to think that those people will be rewarded with a cruise. Oh well. The next time the rules will be more strict, I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 10:03 pm

WELCOME HOME VOYAGERS!!!!!!!!!

IT SNOWED ALL DAY IN LAS VEGAS!!!!!!!!!! Had to scrape snow...only the second time since I've been here LOL. Was fun.

Jean - I see Cali is beseiged with rain...hope it clears for you by Wednesday.

Patti - It's on the way to OHIO. We had horrible winds on Saturday whoooooosh!

Sad that some have joined only to be eligible to win prizes. Tina is running such a great board here that it's a shame some are taking advantage of her generosity.

Shorty - Will pass that recipe on to Martha Wink

My DIL's best friend's son has signed with the Gators. Guess I'll become a Gators fan (hate football), but he's such a wonderful, intelligent guy who's been through a lot, that I'll definitely cheer for him.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 10:33 pm

The voting should have been allowed ONLY to those that were registered at the time the contest started.........Oh well.........

j
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 10:43 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
The voting should have been allowed ONLY to those that were registered at the time the contest started.........Oh well.........

j

Yeah, that would have stopped it from happening. It's a shame we have to have rules like that.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 10:53 pm

Evening all! It's FREEZING HERE! We got to a high temp of 10 with sub zero wind chills... And Charlie that is not in celcius!!! Very Happy

We got lots more mail today... thanks for the cards and a special package arrived from TX, but I'm not opening it until Christmas!

I think I finished up my shopping, but do still want to do a little Wonka-izing before the week is out. My specialty is Rum Balls! I'm going to an office party back at my old job on Friday and I will be in big trouble if I don't bring some!

Keep warm and dry everyone.... snow predicted here for tomorrow... I can't wait!
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 12:33 am

Received a package in the mail and will also be waiting for Christmas Day to open. Very Happy

Welcome to all those returning home and goodbye to all those leaving.

Cold, windy and rainy here as Jean mentioned earlier today. Seems Jimmy boy doesn't mind going potty in the rain. I tried to use the indoors potty pads with him this morning and he wanted nothing to do with them.

I am wondering if the ones messing with the site and breaking the rules are friends of the spies wanting to bring down the site. I am of course just stating my thoughts and in no way have any knowledge of the facts. So it is pure speculation. OnMySoapBox
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 12:42 am

Looks like Navigator is still in Ft. Lauderdale, they are fixing the stabilizers as I type this...Kathy is on the ship affraid and must not be a happy camper!!!

To all the bears that got a present in the mail (I know what it is) got mine last month while on Liberty silent !!!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 12:45 am

Hope Kathy doesn't have too much of a delay.......been there done that with ship repairs and it's really irritating ( we missed the glacier cuz of it)

have a good night y'all ........off to zzzzz's

j
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 1:21 am

jillybabes wrote:
Looks like Navigator is still in Ft. Lauderdale, they are fixing the stabilizers as I type this...Kathy is on the ship affraid and must not be a happy camper!!

Oh no! Shocked

I hope they get them fixed quickly and she has a safe sailing.
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 2:03 am

Gees Louise! I am gone for one week and y'all have posted 20 pages! I had 176 emails to go through as well, not to mention the fact that our stockbroker credit did not show up on the Vision, so I had to trouble shoot that this AM! geek They did email from the ship, but Miami did not get back to them in time...so had to shoot off an email to Shareholder Benefits...hopefully this will get solved in the next few days!

Thanks for all the cards! Also got a gift from Texas....but I opened mine! Sooo cute...y'all are going to love it....thanks Di!!!!

Boy! Did it ever rain here this AM! What a mess! Glad we got home yesterday and didn't have to drive home from the port in the cloudbursts!!!

Kathy, we did book the Radiance 11 nighter out of San Diego on Apr 12, 2010 while on the Vision.

Vision looked great...lots of Poinsettias and a couple pretty Christmas trees....missed the garland on the Centrum railings....the Human Resources guy said that they are standardizing the decs on all ships.... stickingtongueout But they did put up a gingerbread village in the Centrum while we were onboard...very cute!

Had cocktails with the Hotel Mgr. and Food and Bev Mgr. a couple of times and that was fun...also met the Sr. V.P. of Hotel Operations who came onboard in PV, she gave us her email so that we can voice some concerns we have about taking away our benefits....Bob will write that as he is very diplomatic, but to the point. We also had a dinner table with Claude Christopher...this was his 160th cruise! He is such a charmer! We have adopted him.

We got a price drop on our D1 on the Mariner Inaugural with the new "resident rates" and saved $140! Whoo Hoo!

that is about it from here...gotta do nails tonight....YIKES! the Saddleback Christmas services start this weekend...Saturday night...and we have a rehearsal tomorrow night!

Love Y'all, mar~
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 2:23 am

Welcome Home Mar!!! Glad you had a great cruise!

Will your church be on tv again this year????

it's late now so I really gotta get to bed.............

gnite all

j
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 10:04 am

Morning all from a very cold Dallas/Fort Worth.

Icy roads, DH took back streets all the way to work, I'm working from home. Not because of the ice but because those new furnaces we had put in a few weeks ago seem to be having a few issues. Will be here when the guys get here to adjust whatever it is that needs to be adjusted.

Now to those of you intent on waiting for Christmas, you really don't need to. santa

Back at it.

d
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next