Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+15
flowers
JayKay
jb8539
barbeeAL
vlscruiser
frudutx
GrmyCRS
critterchick
Murphy
cruisenfever
JJ2sail
nancyk2sea
jillybabes
cruiseforme
Exairgoddess1
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Murphy
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 11:56 pm

PH8 wrote:
Murphy wrote:
Kathy, the taxes might not be too bad for them if they have a low income. Basically the cruise price is reported as added income, so they will pay adjusted income tax on the combined total. If the price of the cruise doesn't move them to a new level, it might not be too bad...

Even so, dont think they would enjoy Crystal(their idea of formal night is well,not very formal)...................besides we're talking 3 years from now......no telling what shape they will be in................so no, not asking them.........hope that didnt sound too awful..........Hey~~ we paid for that GS they will be in next week,so we still treat them pretty good....................

I hear you loud and clear! santa

Have a great trip!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 12:02 am

Thanks Susan..................I really should go to bed early so tomorrow will come faster!! But its awfully quiet here without my dogs.....(oh yea and Dennis too Laughing ) Funny how much your animals make it a home............
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 12:11 am

Ok,last post for me............since I'll be gone for the week,just wanted to wish Diane and John a Very I love you Happy I love you Anniversary on I love you the 17th I love you and a super Happy Birthday to Susan on the 20th HappyBirthday

Welcome Welcome home cheers Barb,Nancy and Marilyn and a BON VOYAGE to Jean!! Captain

On that note(hope I covered everybody),Im outta here............

Nite all. Sleep ................have a good week............
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 12:21 am

Bye Bye Kathy !!!!! Have a ball. See you next week.

Flower, The less said the better on that subject.

I too had a mailbox full of cards. Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 12:26 am

Thanks Jen, & Sheila for the lovely cards...
Have a good night all...
Kathy: Have a wonderful time on the NV...
Tomorrow is our Condo Holiday Party and Boat Parade, will be busy, but will check in...Later, Jill
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 12:53 am

I'll take THE BOTTLE!!! OMG what a day............

Noooo Charlie the Cranks are not just a neighbor...they are all the cranky crabby tourists that are out shopping and there's a full moon making them UNREASONABLE...........and let me tell you, I dealt with a ton of them today.

Off to zzzzzz's

too tired to type

j
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 1:15 am

Here's a night cap Jul... sounds like you need it! I do remember those days and don't miss them at all. Can't remember if I shared this before but I think the worst was on the night before Easter one year. We had Orchid Corsages on sale and we were closed on Easter Sunday albino , so we needed to be sold out Sat night. We didn't have any refridgerator cases, so the boxed flowers were displayed on trays of ice. Some bozo came in 15 minutes before we closed, found the display table empty of corsages, but the ice... now water trays hadn't been removed yet. So he took one of the water filled trays to the service desk and demanded a corsage. When we apologized that we were sold out, he dumped all the water on the cash register, which shorted out the register and blew the fuse for the first 4 check out lanes!!! It's funny now, but I was besides myself at the time!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 1:30 am

Evening all.......thought I would stop by before hitting the sack. I have finished my candy and sent Willie back to Wonkaland. Now to the dreaded boxing and hope all those little suckers fit. Now to answer some questions...........hope I remember them all..............

Sheila, as much as I would love to entertain "I don't yike yat"...........I'll probably have our son to worry about. Shocked He's always tells everyone that his mom and dad have never taken him on a cruise. Soooooo, today when he came over I casually asked him if he and DIL would be interested in a cruise. OMG..........his eyes lit up like a HolidayTree . So I tried to explain to him what was going on..............now mind you............he's trying to listen to me as Jim is playing with DS's new IPhone! So, I had Jim make him a copy of Tina's email to me..........maybe he'll get it straight when he tells DIL. Have no idea if they will go..........as DIL comes from a very LARGE family...........and being that it is Christmas..........well, I just don't know. But, mom extended the invitation.............so the decision is theirs.

Jill, I give my candy to friends locally and to the gals at the dentist and doctors offices, my TA and her two partners...........the neighbors..........the mailman. I would love to send each and every SPB a box.........but it would cost more to mail a box than it did to make a box. I hope you all understand. Crying or Very sad

Jane............as other's have said........we don't really like to talk about this gal that still lives in Brooklyn. And yes, there really is an Old Brooklyn............I think they renamed part of Brooklyn where Drew Carey was born. She is in her 50's.............of course it depends on who she is talking to as to how old she actually is. I'm sure you would know her if I told you her maiden name..........but I can't here. So you are really better off not knowing.........especially since you live in Texas.

Charlie..........we are so excited about your being on the Christmas 2010 Mystery Cruise Ship.

Kathy, Bon Voyage AGAIN. Have a great cruise.

Happy Anniversary to Diane and John early.............cause I know I'll forget.

Welcome Home Nancy and Barb.......I think Voyager got in today or is coming in tomorrow.

OK........I'm outta here....................
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 2:28 am

A late good evening to everybody! It's been really windy today with a rainstorm moving in. We sure could use it. I just hope our flight on Wednesday doesn't get off to a bumpy start!
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 7:47 am

Good early morning. Patti, yes Voyager is supposed to be coming in this morning. We should be able to see her on the Galveston.com cams, but since Ike the cams are not as close up as they used to be, and it will be dark, so not sure how well we will be able to see her this morning until the sun comes up. Thanks for the reminder.

http://www.galveston.com/webcams/harborhouse/frameset.html

It's been very windy here all night too. Sounds like everyone is in the Christmas mood with all the making candy and Christmas cards and such. Its still 60 degrees here though even this early, so the wind brought in warmer weather.

Have a great day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 8:47 am

Morning.........

why couldnt I sleep like night??? hehe............cuz Im like a little kid on Christmas.....

Gonna pick Dennis up in 10 mins ,just wanted to say byyyyyyeeeeeee for now............

have a good week.........

Later!!
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 8:50 am

PH8 wrote:
Morning.........

why couldnt I sleep like night??? hehe............cuz Im like a little kid on Christmas.....

Gonna pick Dennis up in 10 mins ,just wanted to say byyyyyyeeeeeee for now............

have a good week.........

Later!!

Bon Voyage!!! I get like that, so excited I can't sleep before a cruise. I'm like a little kid too. Have a great time.

Voyager is back. She has been back since at least 5:30 am, showing early, you might have to change the resolution up past 100% to really see her. RCL's dock is in back of the Carnival dock so she looks tiny on the cam this morning, but all her lights are on and she is all lite up in the dark.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 10:06 am

Morning SPB's: Guess I missed Kathy!!!
Welcome home to the Voyager passengers...Condo Xmas Party and Boat Parade starting at 5PM...Hope that it won't rain for the parade...

Patti: of course we understand about the candy, we will just have to all meet on a cruise to taste the goodies bounce ...Hope that your son & DIL can join you and LJ, after all this is a once in a lifetime offer!!! Later
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 10:20 am

Kathy......hate the I can't sleeps but yet the excitement is too much...Have fun!!

up early and gotta get moving around.....have to make sure shovels, salt and everything ready if this blast comes the way they say it will......

Still pryaing it oversteps us........we'll see!

have a good Sun y'all

j
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 11:17 am

Patti, my hips thank you for not sending any of your Wonkaworks... but, I'm sure it is all great!

Bye, Kathy!

Jul, we had your thundersnow last night... well, mostly just the thunder. Then it warmed up and I can actually see some grass in parts of my yard. It's supposed to get cold again tomorrow and then snow again on Tuesday.

Jill, I love the XMas light on the water! Hope the weather is good for your display!
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 12:35 pm

Missed another Bon Voyage for Kathy Embarassed . She takes such good care of our lists. SORRY KATHY, but I know you'll have a great time.

Just so I don't miss it.....BON VOYAGE JEAN Wink Wishing you good weather on Wednesday and a fabulous cruise.

Think my shopping is done except for two teenage boys and one pre-teen boy. Any suggestions??? Probably end up with gift cards again.

Patti - Good news that DS is excited....hope they decide to go!

We had a veeeeeeeeeeery cold (for us) and windy day yesterday. Still very cold, but no wind so far.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 4:01 pm

Patti: If either of my kids in-laws offered to take them anywhere and they turned them down because of me I'd kick them in the behind. I've made it clear to both kids and IL's 2b that they need to spend time with each other's families not just us. Besides DH and I like to be alone on holidays once in awhile ourselves. Embarassed

Chris: Very windy here too but very balmy. Was outside a bit ago talking to our neighbor and I think I discovered why we have a leaky roof. I glanced up at our roof and noticed three shingles laying down one of the sides of the roof. I went in and got John and had him come out and look and sure enough looks like some of the shingles on one of the peak vents came off. Next on the list of things to fix.

Just had a peek at the Galveston webcam but the Carnival ship is blocking the view of VOS. Hope I remember to look again this evening.

Well, I've been up since 3 and I think it's nap time.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 5:50 pm

Good Afternoon All, A sunny cold day today. I think I'm recovered from my marathon cooking session yesterday. I Just remembered the "Forgotten Cookies" They were in the oven still lol! They taste really good. I'll post the recipe if anyone wants it.

Patti I just know you're sending us "Cyber Candy" as I am sending out "Cyber Cookies"

Can't wait to hear from the Voyager cruisers.

Big rehearsal tonight for next weeks musical then home to watch the final Survivor episode. I'm not sure who I want to win at this point. I think Bob has been very clever but if the last challenge is endurance like it usually is then I think he'll lose. Susan has flown under the radar so maybe she'll win. The oriental guy is good too. Just not Sugar puleeeze!!!!!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 6:44 pm

Well.....cooking dinner for 8 or 15....not sure which so i guess I have to plan for 15 and possibly have enuff leftovers for a week!!....

Going to be a strange menu tho......doing mainly hordeurve kinda things but then I thew a pot of taco soup on so that I would have enuff in case all 15 show up.....if not, it'll freeze easily......

Forgot about drinks tho.......I got stuff to do a punch (RED)...WHAT THE HECK WAS I THINKING???? I have NEW carpet!!!!!!!!!!.......Plan B.........YIKEs, WHAT is plan B?????.........off to the store.....

have a good evening.....off to prepare...

j
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 10:25 pm

Good afternoon/evening, all! Don has been busy packing so I've stayed out of the way. I have to go to work tomorrow, but am going to try to get everything done so I have Tuesday to finish everything up. We were supposed to get a horrid rainstorm, but so far have only seen a few sprinkles. I haven't watched a weather report, so I don't know whether the storm went someplace else. It's been really windy, and there were lots of whitecaps in the Catalina channel. Carnival Paradise was in Catalina channel about mid-morning. I guess it was too rough to have a true sea day, so they sought some shelter. We did that once on Monarch, and it was very weird to be able to see the house from the ship - all day!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 10:39 am

Morning bears, well it went from balmy to blustery very chilly.

Heard from DD this morning looks like she and DSIL2B will be spending Christmas with his Mother something they have not done since they started dating almost 6 years ago. So John and I will be having our first Christmas alone since ( scratch ) before Tricia was born and Bob used to visit his dad for the Holidays. Shucks if we weren't dog sitting we could book a quickie cruise. Or visit someone. Oh well guess we'll just stay home and watch football and whatever.

Well y'all have a good rest of the day I need to get back at it.

d
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 10:58 am

Gd Morning all.........and cold blustery day here.......icy out and schools canceled in this area.....doesn't look like much out there tho.

Have a great day y'all

j
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 11:34 am

Good Morning All: The Party and boat Parade were a hit! We had 51 people and plenty of food and desserts!!!
Currently 69 degrees and sunny here, which is a nice change from the chilly weather we had last week...

Sheila: Would Love to have the Forgotten Cookie recipe...

I was very happy with the Survivor outcome, Later, Jill
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 12:25 pm

Good morning all--just checking in. Not sure but looks like some of you won cruises while we were gone, do not know the details but CONGRATS!!

The cruises were great, we had a fun time with Barb and Danny. Busy unpacking and doing laundry, can you believe -6 this morning. Way too cold.

Will catch up later, off to pick up the mail and get some food in the house.

Later--
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 12:52 pm

nancyk2sea wrote:
Good morning all--just checking in. Not sure but looks like some of you won cruises while we were gone, do not know the details but CONGRATS!!

The cruises were great, we had a fun time with Barb and Danny. Busy unpacking and doing laundry, can you believe -6 this morning. Way too cold.

Will catch up later, off to pick up the mail and get some food in the house.

Later--

Welcome back, it's so good to see Voyager in port in Galveston. So how did things look? Anxious to hear all about your adventure.

d
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next