Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+15
flowers
JayKay
jb8539
barbeeAL
vlscruiser
frudutx
GrmyCRS
critterchick
Murphy
cruisenfever
JJ2sail
nancyk2sea
jillybabes
cruiseforme
Exairgoddess1
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 10:41 am

Gmorning all..............

Supposed to get 1-3 inches and got none..YAY cheers

Diane........ok, Can't wait any longer!!!....Awesome! I LOVE IT.....you are soooo sweet. (and talented!!!)...Thank you sooo much.

Gotta take mil back to the airport today and pick up dh.

Have a great day

j
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 11:07 am

Good morning, thanks for all of the welcome back wishes. We really had a great cruise and now know we can manage the longer trips. The ports in the Med were very busy and we were whipped each night, the only sea day was at the end. We really needed all of the sea days on the TA to relax.
There were nearly 500 D and D+ on the TA so we used Cleopatra's for CL and it was full. We met the new CD, Eric who was onboard but not starting work until TX. Would enjoy sailing with him again, very personable.

-4 here this am and snow predicted, will try to stay inside as much as possible.

Later--
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 11:31 am

nancyk2sea wrote:
Good morning, thanks for all of the welcome back wishes. We really had a great cruise and now know we can manage the longer trips. The ports in the Med were very busy and we were whipped each night, the only sea day was at the end. We really needed all of the sea days on the TA to relax.
There were nearly 500 D and D+ on the TA so we used Cleopatra's for CL and it was full. We met the new CD, Eric who was onboard but not starting work until TX. Would enjoy sailing with him again, very personable.

-4 here this am and snow predicted, will try to stay inside as much as possible.

Later--

So this Eric will be the CD when we're on board in January?

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 11:34 am

Good Morning all, Nancy I like the new avatar. For those of you sailing on Voyager with Eric Dowis as CD, the one Nancy and Ken met, you are in for a treat. We sailed with him on Grandeur just after he came to RCCL. He is very good and has a great schtick he does with an alter-ego "Dale" which is hysterical.

Susan the kids are flying on Saturday morning from ORD I think. What's the chances they'll be on-time? They're supposed to arr at 11.30am. Hope the weather cooperates. We have an appt at the "Picture People" for 3pm to get all the GK's taken together. I saw where there is a cancer cluster in Mc Henry from a toxic dump. affraid Scary stuff.

Welcome back Mar and Bob.

Need to get going and accomplish something before I go to work at 1pm.
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 11:46 am

So this Eric will be the CD when we're on board in January?

d[/quote]

Eric is onboard until the April TA when the ship goes into dry dock
Back to top Go down
jillybabes
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 11:59 am

Welcome Back Mar and Nancy, glad you had a great time...

Our mailbox was full again yesterday with cards...
Jul:Loved the pic of you, David and the GK's...
Errands to run today, so will check in Later...

Going over to CC to see when and if the NV left port last night...
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 12:32 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:
Good Morning all, Nancy I like the new avatar. For those of you sailing on Voyager with Eric Dowis as CD, the one Nancy and Ken met, you are in for a treat. We sailed with him on Grandeur just after he came to RCCL. He is very good and has a great schtick he does with an alter-ego "Dale" which is hysterical.

Susan the kids are flying on Saturday morning from ORD I think. What's the chances they'll be on-time? They're supposed to arr at 11.30am. Hope the weather cooperates. We have an appt at the "Picture People" for 3pm to get all the GK's taken together. I saw where there is a cancer cluster in Mc Henry from a toxic dump. affraid Scary stuff.

I need to go back and look at our old cruise doc, we've had a CD like that before. One with an alter-ego I mean. Very funny.

But, I suppose there could be more than more CD who has that routine.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 1:20 pm

frudutx wrote:
Dramaqueen wrote:

I need to go back and look at our old cruise doc, we've had a CD like that before. One with an alter-ego I mean. Very funny.

d

Di, You would remember Eric as "Dale" He is a character very like "Larry the Cable Guy" a good ole boy hillbilly.
Kirk Detwieler does and "Erkle" kind of character maybe that's who you remember. Both guys are very funny in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 1:26 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:
frudutx wrote:
Dramaqueen wrote:

d

Di, You would remember Eric as "Dale" He is a character very like "Larry the Cable Guy" a good ole boy hillbilly.
Kirk Detwieler does and "Erkle" kind of character maybe that's who you remember. Both guys are very funny in my opinion.

Yes, that's it! Never saw Eric before.

d
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 3:54 pm

Sheila, I'm not sure what the weather is supposed to be by Saturday... we are supposed to get 3-5 inches of snow starting at 3:00pm today, nothing scheduled for tomorrow... weatherwise that is... and then it is supposed to warm up enough for us to get an ice storm on Thursday!!! :coldout:

Tomorrow is Ray's surgery, so I need all your SPB thoughts, hugs and prayers headed this way. TIA!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 3:57 pm

Murphy wrote:
Sheila, I'm not sure what the weather is supposed to be by Saturday... we are supposed to get 3-5 inches of snow starting at 3:00pm today, nothing scheduled for tomorrow... weatherwise that is... and then it is supposed to warm up enough for us to get an ice storm on Thursday!!! :coldout:

Tomorrow is Ray's surgery, so I need all your SPB thoughts, hugs and prayers headed this way. TIA!

What time is surgery Susan?

We'll get our circle going.

d
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 3:58 pm

We have to be at the hospital at 10:30am Di, so I'm guessing 11:30ish... THANKS!
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 5:13 pm

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Picture319

This is the CD we had last spring on Voyager, but I can't remember his name. Is this Eric, the guy on the right in drag? (sorry I don't have any pics of him in regular clothes.

Murphy wrote:
We have to be at the hospital at 10:30am Di, so I'm guessing 11:30ish... THANKS!

Good luck with the surgery.
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 5:21 pm

Yes, that is Eric. Like I said, we enjoyed talking to him but he was not working until he got to Houston.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 5:29 pm

Susan: You know that I will say an extra prayer for Ray tonight & tomorrow AM!!!
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 6:38 pm

Susan, I'm sending good vibes Ray's way (and yours, too).

I'm in a frenzy, so I'm taking a break to chat. I'm almost packed - I'm now in the "pull out half of what I've packed" phase. I mean, do I really need 3 jackets and 3 shawls for a Caribbean/Mexico cruise? Methinks not...

I also decided to pack a dress for NYE, even though AZ is billed as all casual. Not fully formal, but something dressy. And I'm bringing the high heeled dance shoes (along with low flats) - I may as well look good one night. Don has a sport coat & a couple of ties just in case we manage to finagle an invite to dine with the Chief Engineer.

The lawyer I work with invited me to her & her husband's firms' holiday party tonight, so that put some pressure on me to be 99% done by 5:30. I'm off for fingers & toes in a few minutes. At least I can relax during that!
AIIIIEEEEE!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 6:47 pm

Have a great trip Jean! That will be Jul, Jen, Michelle and I next year as we get ready to sail the QM2 for XMas and NY! Wish our ship was all casual though....

Thanks for the good wishes everyone! I'm sure all will go well, I'm just nervous since it is snowing like crazy right now. And Ray is going to work all night and then sleep for 2.5 hours before he has to leave to be at the hospital! I'm coming into work for a few hours and his friend is going to drive him to the hospital and I will meet him there. I just keep imagining them trying to bring him out of the anestigia and he won't wake up not from that, but because he is exhausted!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 7:35 pm

Evening everyone...............been a busy day here. Delivered some of my candy today as I just didn't want to wait until Friday/Monday.................all the different weather predictions are just a little too much to take. Jim took me.......not only did he do a wonderful job of cleaning the bowls.............but he is a great chauffeur.............that included lunch at Olive Garden.

Susan.............good thoughts and vibes being sent your way...........probably more for you than for Ray. Men don't make good patients. Laughing

Diane, of course I couldn't wait until Christmas.............thank you again, so much. As I told you I will frame it and hang it in my kitchen so that the SPB's will always be with me.

Mar, gosh Claude has 160 cruises. I remember when he and his wife were going to take their 100th cruise and that was the free one. He is such a wonderful person..............so glad to hear that he is still cruising.

Bon Voyage Jean........I just know you will have a great time. Love the PC cruise. Will be most interested in you thoughts on Azamara.

Have a great evening......................
Back to top Go down
misseddie
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
misseddie

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 8:14 pm

crusinmama06 wrote:
The next time the rules will be more strict, I'm sure.
SPOOKY you saying that! What a Face
Here is the important part that I paraphrased.

"ALSO, Please note that will only be having TWO contests in 2009
- the purpose of so many contests and winners in 2008 was purely
promotional to help the site to grow. However, with so many people
joining just to
win and not interested in becoming active members,
rules for all future contests will be much stricter."
Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
misseddie
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
misseddie

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 8:50 pm

vlscruiser wrote:
I am wondering if the ones messing with the site and breaking the rules are friends of the spies wanting to bring down the site. I am of course just stating my thoughts and in no way have any knowledge of the facts.
Just because you are Paranoid doesn't mean that they are not out to get you! lol!

Murphy wrote:
I just keep imagining them trying to bring him out of
the anestigia and he won't wake up not from that, but because he is
exhausted!
Susan just give Ray a peck on the cheek. A loving kiss from a Princess always awakes the Knight in shining armour.
Hope things run well tomorrow. bfn
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 9:41 pm

Susan - Sending good thoughts for Ray tomorrow, and hugs for you as we know you're probably more nervous that Ray.

Jean - Bon Voyage!!!!!

Sure hope Kathy is sailing...any word on the stabilizer problem (or did I miss it)?
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 9:55 pm

Susan--thoughts and prayers with you and Ray tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 10:11 pm

GrmyCRS wrote:

IT SNOWED ALL DAY IN LAS VEGAS!!!!!!!!!! Had to scrape snow...only the second time since I've been here LOL. Was fun.

Snow In Vegas...........is that what you call it?? It's actually just dandruff from all those old folks sitting at the slot machines shaking their heads.roflmao

Last edited by cruisenfever on Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 10:12 pm

Whoops................a hiccup!! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 11:34 pm

Susan I will be praying for Ray.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next