Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+15
flowers
JayKay
jb8539
barbeeAL
vlscruiser
frudutx
GrmyCRS
critterchick
Murphy
cruisenfever
JJ2sail
nancyk2sea
jillybabes
cruiseforme
Exairgoddess1
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
jillybabes
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 10:25 am

Morning All:
Jul: Good call on the aft, we did breakfast on the balcony, didn't want to miss a thing!!! Agree, you will be in AWE...Nail, ped appt in a while then out to lunch with a friend...Later, Jill
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 10:58 am

Good Morning. Off on an all day jaunt. I hope it will be very productive. Catcha all later. santa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 11:30 am

Good morning..............

Afts are my favorite cabin........I imagine the canal cruise is a good one to have one...........I know having one in Alaska was great too.......we would watch the whales right behind us............

Have to pay some bills online..........joy,oh joy.........

Later all...........
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 11:34 am

PH8 wrote:

Afts are my favorite cabin........I imagine the canal cruise is a good one to have one...........I know having one in Alaska was great too.......we would watch the whales right behind us............

Have to pay some bills online..........joy,oh joy.........

Later all...........

Would you pay some of mine while you're at it? roflmao

d
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 12:15 pm

PH8 wrote:

Good morning PH8. I saw yesterday? that you started to answer someone (on CC) about the site seascanner.com (they asked for the name of the site to look at unbooked cabins) and that it was blacked out in your post. Be careful naming that site, I got banned on that site last weekend for mentioning it.

If you got money left over, you can pay some of my bills too. Somehow online it doesnt seem like real money and hurt as bad to me. Its like play money you never had in your wallet to begin with.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 1:08 pm

You got banned on CC for mentioning Seascanner???????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 1:10 pm

Banned?? Ohno............I didnt mention it as a TA,just a place to look for cabins...........so are you "flowers" on CC too??

sure Diane-----Ill pay your bills..........no guarantee they wont bounce though........hahah
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 2:59 pm

I think that the mention of any TA site, no matter what it's for, will get you in hot water with CC. Aren't their sponsors mostly TAs?

Boy, did I hit the wall last night! I fell asleep in front of Private Practice, woke up in the middle of Dirty Sexy Money, which I've never seen, and went to bed. I slept until Don woke me up at 8:00! I guess I needed it.Sleep

The tree trimmers are here, so the dogs went nuts for awhile and now don't seem to care. We also pay to have our neighbors' trees downslope from us trimmed because they block our view. It's local law that they can't, but it's easier to fork over a couple hundred bucks to the trimmer than try to make them pay for it. So by noonish I'll have my spectacular view (as opposed to my really, really good view that I have now) back.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 3:16 pm

Jean.....my bf told me bout that law that your trees can't block someone else's view....I couldn't believe that!!! But I guess if you pay for a view, it is fair since someone's trees can destroy it for ya!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 3:37 pm

Got my call............and got a GS for my NV cruise................I think I bugged them enough and they didnt want to hear from me again............
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 3:52 pm

Congratulations Kathy! I guess the squeaky wheel does get the grease! Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 3:57 pm

OR they didnt want me calling them again and again and again......hahaha
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 6:13 pm

Naw! They love you! How does it go......

"Thank you miss Kathy for being a loyal Royal Caribbean customer, we look forward to welcoming you on board soon"! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 6:27 pm

JJ2sail wrote:
Naw! They love you! How does it go......

"Thank you miss Kathy for being a loyal Royal Caribbean customer, we look forward to welcoming you on board soon"! cheers
Nope,nobody ever said that to me...............I think they said "Now will you stop calling??" Razz
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 7:10 pm

Afternoon everyone.......been kind of busy......have caught up and congratulations Kathy on the upgrade to a GS and on the NV no less. Be forewarned that after staying in the GS........nothing will be good enough ever again. They probably have you on their "list" now!! Laughing

Yes, some of the chit chat on the D/D+ thread is a little bizarre.

Welcome Jane.............always nice to add another bear to the den.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 7:33 pm

OKay gals, another question for you all. It's been ions since we were on a 7 day cruise. I know there are two formal nights, is there still a smart casual night?

Do I need to bring a suit for hubby besides his tux? I'm thinking no, but just want the experts to tell me! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 7:55 pm

Jen: There is not a smart casual night anymore, pair of slacks and a nice shirt will do just fine for casual night...Tux or suit for formal...Have fun....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 8:42 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Afternoon everyone.......been kind of busy......have caught up and congratulations Kathy on the upgrade to a GS and on the NV no less. Be forewarned that after staying in the GS........nothing will be good enough ever again. They probably have you on their "list" now!! Laughing
The only other time we had a GS was on the NV!!I loved it..more so than an OS.....

Not sure which list Im on..... affraid
Back to top Go down
critterchick

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 8:51 pm

Way to go, Kathy! cheers Congratulations I'm glad that the quacking duck didn't get shot this time!

I have my view back, yippee! I'm sure my uphill neighbors are happy that we trimmed & thinned our olive and pepper trees. They get incredibly bushy, rather like my hair, LOL.

I made turkey curry with the last of the leftovers. Here's the recipe, from Cooking Light 11/08. I added a can of garbanzo beans (drained but not rinsed) for fiber, half a cup of raisins for a bit of sweetness and about 1/4 cup of half & half to thicken it up a bit more. It's fab!

To make this dish spicier, use Madras curry powder. Try cooked chicken or shrimp instead of turkey. A riesling wine would be good with this menu. Time: 38 minutes.

Yield

4 servings (serving size: 3/4 cup turkey mixture and 1 1/2 teaspoons cilantro)

Ingredients

• 2 tablespoons canola oil
  • 1 1/2 cups chopped onion (about 1 large onion)
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
  • 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
  • 3 cups chopped cooked turkey (about 1 pound)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro

Preparation

1. Heat canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion to pan; sauté 4 minutes. Add flour and curry powder; sauté 1 minute. Stir in chicken broth; bring to a boil. Stir in turkey and salt. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until thickened. Sprinkle with cilantro.

Nutritional Information

Calories:
229 (31% from fat)
Fat:
7.9g (sat 0.8g,mono 4.3g,poly 2.3g)
Protein:
29.5g
Carbohydrate:
8.7g
Fiber:
1.4g
Cholesterol:
70mg
Iron:
1.9mg
Sodium:
550mg
Calcium:
29mg
Back to top Go down
critterchick

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 8:53 pm

PS: Jen, sometimes they do have Smart Casual, but Don doesn't wear a jacket, just a long sleeved button down shirt. The CD on the Jewel told us that, even though theoretically there are no more smart casual nights, the Brits expect it because their documentation has it and they get annoyed that they dragged their jackets for nothing. But that was 2007, so maybe they don't do it any more.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 9:20 pm

Congrats Kathy on the upgrade.....

Well.........I pulled a good one today.....dd and I were going to our store across the street to use copier and pick up mail and I had one baby, she had one and dgd was walking with us......As we went down the stairs (concrete)...I fell down the stairs 3 stairs from the bottom......I protected the baby and the heck with me...he never touched the ground but my L knee and R hand are KILLING me!...Cannot believe I did that........ As the day went on I'm getting sorer......i think tomorrow is gonna hurt.....

Needed that like I needed a hole in my head!

Oh well.......dgd is over tonight as she sooo worried about me and wants her grampa to get me some orange juice so my hand gets better! How funny! But I'm sure seeing me fly down the stairs head first freaked her out just a bit....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 9:31 pm

Oh poor Jul.....I bet that hurt.......reminds me of when my dad was carrying me down the stairs once(I was sleeping) and he fell down the flight of stairs......saved me but hurt himself....................I sure hope you feel better real soon.....................would some wine help?? Drinks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 10:13 pm

Oh Jul. I'm so sorry you are hurting. I had such a fear of falling when I was at my DS's since I often had to carry the baby down a steep flight of stairs. I hope you feel better tomorrow.

I had a very long but productive day. Got a yellow fever shot just to cover my butt for Costa Rica then I had a Dr. appt. From there I just ran all day and got a lot done but I'm whooped. Off to watch Survivor.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 10:26 pm

Evening everyone,

Jul, so sorry to hear about your fall. Make sure to ice, ace and elevate it as much as possible. And, yes, you will be sore tomorrow.

Jen, we had one or two smart casual nights on our Hawaii cruise............but nobody paid attention to them. It was casual all the way................except for formal nights, of course.

Sheila, glad that you got your YF shot. We are not getting them........so if we have to stay on board when we get to CR.......no problem............been there, done that.

Outdoor lights came on and one bush was out. Mad So, since it was independently plugged in to the extension cord I thought it was the fuse. Got a new fuse, went outside to unplug the set to change fuses and guess what.........some cute little creature chewed the cord. affraid Wished they would have done it when the lights were on............I know they wouldn't do it again.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 11:22 pm

Jul, I hope you feel better in the morning! Don't you just love the things kids say? A couple of my employees have pre-school aged kids and they are always coming to work with cute stories.

Patti, I bought an new photo cell timer for my lights outside. I set it to come on at dusk and stay on for 6 hours. The first night they never shut off so I had to reset it. Since then, they haven't come on at all! I gave up! But I didn't check the cord for critter chews... maybe that's my problem too!

Survivor was interesting... won't say anything for the left coasters, but I'm sorry the "plan" didn't work out...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 16 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next