Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+14
cruisemasters
Exairgoddess1
TwitchOR
cruisenfever
frudutx
critterchick
Murphy
barbeeAL
crzy4cruising
cruiseforme
GrmyCRS
nancyk2sea
JJ2sail
vlscruiser
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 2:52 pm

Wow Patti........what a great surprise

WTG JIM!!!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Murphy
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 3:03 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Good afternoon everyone..........it is another gorgeous day here........sun is shining, but a little on the brisk side.

We are doing the DOC DANCE here for what I thought was for the cruise for April 26th. When we went out to our TA this morning she handed me two sets of DOCS. Shocked

My hubby pulled a fast one on me and booked the April 12th cruise way back in January. Seems that he and our TA were plotting this surprise and I was so busy spring cleaning that I never caught on.

While he was watching the price reductions on both cruises, I was only interested in the April 26th cruise. No wonder he was in such a good mood. Very Happy

So Kathy, you don't have to add it to your list, but we are doing the 14 night BA to Chile on Radiance beginning April 12.

OMG........I have 2 less weeks to figure out what to pack. Men just don't take that into consideration. Laughing

Oh that is so exciting and such good news! Now I really do wish I was joining you! I just HATE when work gets in the way of a good time. Yes, packing for an extra 2 week and packing early is a chore, but considering the alternatives, I'd do it in a heart beat!

CONGRATS!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 3:04 pm

PH8 wrote:
HOLY COW~~ what a nice surprise,Patti......better get packing....

BTW-anyone else having a hard time getting on www.rccl.com or is it just my puter??

They were doing maintenance on it until about 9:30 my time. When I finally got on, I had to do all the newbie stuff like tell them if I'd ever cruise RCCL before. If you still can't get on, you want want to delete your cookies and try from scratch...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 3:11 pm

critterchick wrote:
vlscruiser wrote:
I wonder if that would interest Jean as she loves dancing. Well I suppose she will post soon enough and let us know waht she thinks. Smile

Wow the rates really did go down on the SA Radiance. I went over and took and look not because I can do it but just to see what the rates were.

Not if they made it a competition. Don and I would be divorced in nanoseconds.

Were I not sailing on Mariner (with Virginia et al.) and then in Italy, I might regret having cancelled the 4/26 cruise. The prices really are amazing, aren't they?

It was a horrid weekend except for the food (more about that later). MIL is in and out of dementia, largely a result of her meds. We basically had to run away last night because she was insisting that it was time for her to go home (she has a broken elbow and can't even sit up on her own). The woman in the bed next to her is a pip - she rescues greyhounds, so you know that she and I got along.

But it all convinced me that I want to die suddenly, preferably in my sleep.

We had two great Italian meals, though, with plenty of wine to try to block out reality (no driving after).

And get this - the Westin Gaslamp District regulates the temperature in the rooms - it won't go below 70!! I was up all night tossing and turning, throwing off the covers. I was a basket case this morning when I realized what the deal was. I told the desk clerk to wait until SHE was having hot flashes and see how she likes it. She comped us part of our costs - we were staying on points, so it was just parking ($32!!!!!!!), cocktails and internet. But a good night's sleep is worth a hell of a lot more than $15.00... Suffice it to say that I won't be putting that hotel on my "favorites" list. Evil or Very Mad

So the weekend basically sucked. I'm going to drink myself to sleep, I think.

Sorry to hear about your lousy weekend. I think your mil's problem is the fact that people who are really advanced in age do not metabolize the drugs they are given for such as you MIL with the pain she has. It just really makes them cuckoo for cocoa puffs until they stop taking it and get it out of their system. I hope she comes around soon.

cruisenfever wrote:
Good afternoon everyone..........it is another gorgeous day here........sun is shining, but a little on the brisk side.

We are doing the DOC DANCE here for what I thought was for the cruise for April 26th. When we went out to our TA this morning she handed me two sets of DOCS. Shocked

My hubby pulled a fast one on me and booked the April 12th cruise way back in January. Seems that he and our TA were plotting this surprise and I was so busy spring cleaning that I never caught on.

While he was watching the price reductions on both cruises, I was only interested in the April 26th cruise. No wonder he was in such a good mood. Very Happy

So Kathy, you don't have to add it to your list, but we are doing the 14 night BA to Chile on Radiance beginning April 12.

OMG........I have 2 less weeks to figure out what to pack. Men just don't take that into consideration. Laughing

WOO HOO!!!!! Patti's going with us WooHoo Cheers Cool LJ You Da Bomb!!!!!

What a great surprise Patti. We'll be so pleased to see you. Are you at the Emperador? What's you flight plans? Do tell.... 20 questions. You've got mail.

No Docs yet for us.

Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 3:14 pm

cruisenfever wrote:

WOULD WE ALL HAVE HUSBANDS LIKE THAT !!!!!!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 3:30 pm

critterchick wrote:
vlscruiser wrote:
I wonder if that would interest Jean as she loves dancing. Well I suppose she will post soon enough and let us know waht she thinks. Smile

Wow the rates really did go down on the SA Radiance. I went over and took and look not because I can do it but just to see what the rates were.

Not if they made it a competition. Don and I would be divorced in nanoseconds.

Were I not sailing on Mariner (with Virginia et al.) and then in Italy, I might regret having cancelled the 4/26 cruise. The prices really are amazing, aren't they?

It was a horrid weekend except for the food (more about that later). MIL is in and out of dementia, largely a result of her meds. We basically had to run away last night because she was insisting that it was time for her to go home (she has a broken elbow and can't even sit up on her own). The woman in the bed next to her is a pip - she rescues greyhounds, so you know that she and I got along.

But it all convinced me that I want to die suddenly, preferably in my sleep.

We had two great Italian meals, though, with plenty of wine to try to block out reality (no driving after).

And get this - the Westin Gaslamp District regulates the temperature in the rooms - it won't go below 70!! I was up all night tossing and turning, throwing off the covers. I was a basket case this morning when I realized what the deal was. I told the desk clerk to wait until SHE was having hot flashes and see how she likes it. She comped us part of our costs - we were staying on points, so it was just parking ($32!!!!!!!), cocktails and internet. But a good night's sleep is worth a hell of a lot more than $15.00... Suffice it to say that I won't be putting that hotel on my "favorites" list. Evil or Very Mad

So the weekend basically sucked. I'm going to drink myself to sleep, I think.
Jean, so sorry to hear of your horrible weekend. Having had an uncle with dementia prior to his going into a nursing home, I feel your pain and concerns. It's really hard being a parent to a parent.

See, you should not have canceled the SA cruise...........I can tell you the roll call gets larger each and every day. I think we are up to about 160 people as of today. And the prices...........now that I know we are going on both cruises and have actually been told the cost, we are paying less than we did for our 15 night cruise to Hawaii on Radiance last September. The price reductions on this Member's Cruise were outstanding. I bet it never happens again.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 3:31 pm

frudutx wrote:

Oh, I'm sure I'll have a hefty price to pay for this somewhere down the road in some capacity. Laughing

But, yes, he is one awesome husband.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 3:34 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
frudutx wrote:

Oh, I'm sure I'll have a hefty price to pay for this somewhere down the road in some capacity. Laughing

Well you are very lucky not that I'm not you understand. I've just never received a cruise as much as I've hinted it just hasn't happened.

d
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 3:41 pm

frudutx wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:
frudutx wrote:

Well you are very lucky not that I'm not you understand. I've just never received a cruise as much as I've hinted it just hasn't happened.

d

Sometimes you just have to take matters into your own hands... book it and thank him later!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 3:51 pm

frudutx wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:
frudutx wrote:

d
Believe me Diane, this is a first. It will probably never happen again.

And yes, I know that John is an awesome husband as are all the other husbands of the SPBs.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 3:57 pm

Murphy wrote:
frudutx wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:
frudutx wrote:

d

Sometimes you just have to take matters into your own hands... book it and thank him later!

Just not the same. Kind of like buying your own birthday gift, never had to do that but don't want to start.

d
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 4:11 pm

frudutx wrote:
Murphy wrote:
frudutx wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:
frudutx wrote:

d

Just not the same. Kind of like buying your own birthday gift, never had to do that but don't want to start.

d
I do that all the time now, saves me from exchanging it for what I really wanted. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 4:15 pm

Me too! Or rather we "don't exchange" any more!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 4:16 pm

Murphy wrote:
Me too! Or rather we buy each other any gifts any more!
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 4:16 pm

How Fun Patti, enjoy those of us here will look forward to your review upon your return. cheers
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

Patti: Congratulations That LJ is a Keeper!!! What a nice surprise....
You will have no problem getting ready for the cruise, remember during the cruise there will be the stuff the laundry bag full for $20, I have done this on all our B2B's and it is well worth it...Enjoy and give LJ a big hug and kiss for me too Wink !!!
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 4:18 pm

My late husband is still buying me gifts, at least that is what I tell myself everytime I buy something I know I shouldn't. Laughing
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 4:19 pm

vlscruiser wrote:
My late husband is still buying me gifts, at least that is what I tell myself everytime I buy something I know I shouldn't. Laughing

That's a nice way to look at it.

d
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 4:22 pm

Murphy wrote:
Murphy wrote:

This reminds me of the time when Jim and I
were first married and I wanted a bathrobe. So he went out and bought
me a gold lame jump suite........remember those?? Shocked Needless to say, we returned to the store and I did get my fluffy bathrobe.

vlscruiser wrote:
How Fun Patti, enjoy those of us here will look forward to your review upon your return. cheers
Wish you were coming with us. You had your chance. Sad

jillybabes wrote:
Patti: Congratulations That LJ is a Keeper!!! What a nice surprise....
You will have no problem getting ready for the cruise, remember during the cruise there will be the stuff the laundry bag full for $20, I have done this on all our B2B's and it is well worth it...Enjoy and give LJ a big hug and kiss for me too Wink !!!
Thanks Jill, I will have no problem with the hug and kiss to him from you.

The $20 laundry bag deal is good, but nothing is pressed, so for Jim's underware, socks and hankies it works out well. But hey, with that huge refund that we got, I'll have no problem sending things out. Very Happy

We did that on Splendour, sent Jim's Jimmy Buffet tees and jeans including my jeans and some tees, and they came back all nicely pressed. Told Jim not to get used to the JB tees and jeans being pressed once we are home...........I wash, dry and fold.
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 4:30 pm

Quote :
Wish you were coming with us. You had your chance. Sad

I know Patti, but back then the price was really big for a single plus the air fare. Shocked

At least I will be with some PB's on the Mariner and able to spend seven days on a ship. Smile
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 4:31 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Murphy wrote:
Murphy wrote:

me a gold lame jump suite........remember those?? Shocked Needless to say, we returned to the store and I did get my fluffy bathrobe.
Oh, all husbands must go thru that stage... when we were first married Ray kept buying me clothes that I thought would look great on a hooker! Spandex, sparkly, shiny... you get it!
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 4:39 pm

PH8 wrote:

So Nancy.......which cabin did you get?? When I read corner aft,I was thinking it was the one I waitlisted,but then you said deck 8...

Just getting around to checking in today--

Kathy--we got 8168--same cabin we had for the PB cruise--
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 4:47 pm

Patti--WHAT GREAT NEWS!!! That is so good that you get to do the B2B and what a wonderful husband.
Do you realize that now you will not be sitting in front of us on the flight? Guess you and Sheila will just have to get the welcome ready for us.

We had an email from our TA that she was mailing our docs today--
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 4:49 pm

Murphy wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:
Murphy wrote:
Murphy wrote:

Oh, all husbands must go thru that stage... when we were first married Ray kept buying me clothes that I thought would look great on a hooker! Spandex, sparkly, shiny... you get it!

That's really funny.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 4:56 pm

Murphy wrote:
PH8 wrote:
HOLY COW~~ what a nice surprise,Patti......better get packing....

BTW-anyone else having a hard time getting on www.rccl.com or is it just my puter??
Thanks....that was the problem!!
They were doing maintenance on it until about 9:30 my time. When I finally got on, I had to do all the newbie stuff like tell them if I'd ever cruise RCCL before. If you still can't get on, you want want to delete your cookies and try from scratch...

nancyk2sea wrote:

Kathy--we got 8168--same cabin we had for the PB cruise--
We'll be 2 decks above you(1104)..............promise not to spit...haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next