Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+8
critterchick
Exairgoddess1
barbeeAL
frudutx
cruisenfever
cruiseforme
GrmyCRS
jillybabes
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
critterchick
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 845
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 5:36 pm

OK, I've started a recipe file! I'll be looking for a contribution soon!
Back to top Go down
critterchick

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 5:44 pm

I think 25 cruise credits to Diamond is nuts. If they're worried about having too many Diamonds (and the atteI would have eliminated double credits for short sailings and also for the JS category, even though that's how I got to DP so quickly. The JS really isn't a suite for any other purpose, except priority embarkation (and not even in every port) and now a huge price difference between that class of cabin and a D-1. I think people who pay the really big bucks on a cruise for the GS, OS and RS should get the double credits (regardless of the length of the cruise) and those who sail 10+ nights (instead of the current 12) should, too.

No automatically getting your parents/spouse's level, either. Maybe make it so that, when you sail together (as in the same cabin), you get the perks, but if you sail separately you don't.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 5:55 pm

critterchick wrote:
I think 25 cruise credits to Diamond is nuts. If they're worried about having too many Diamonds (and the atteI would have eliminated double credits for short sailings and also for the JS category, even though that's how I got to DP so quickly. The JS really isn't a suite for any other purpose, except priority embarkation (and not even in every port) and now a huge price difference between that class of cabin and a D-1. I think people who pay the really big bucks on a cruise for the GS, OS and RS should get the double credits (regardless of the length of the cruise) and those who sail 10+ nights (instead of the current 12) should, too.

No automatically getting your parents/spouse's level, either. Maybe make it so that, when you sail together (as in the same cabin), you get the perks, but if you sail separately you don't.

Yes, we received two points for a three night cruise on Sovereign only because we were in a Junior Suite. Hardly seems fair. But, once you start to give people things it's difficult to back off or change the rules.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 6:13 pm

critterchick wrote:

EXACTLY what I just posted over there......

I think everyone should maintain their own level......

Im not a maple syrup fan.............does it taste mapley(?) or does some of that cook out???
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 6:16 pm

PH8 wrote:
critterchick wrote:

EXACTLY what I just posted over there......

I think everyone should maintain their own level......

Im not a maple syrup fan.............does it taste mapley(?) or does some of that cook out???

They taste like candied yams, sweet and sticky.

d
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 6:55 pm

Calling it a day, will check in later tonight.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 7:14 pm

frudutx wrote:

They taste like candied yams, sweet and sticky.

d
Oh yummmmmmmmmmy........thanks...
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 7:34 pm

November will give us our 24th credit unless we slip in a short Sovereign or Enchantment cruise between May and November Captain ...
I think that 25 credits is a little much to attain Diamond status, who knows, this may all be a rumor and we will have to wait and see how it plays out...

What a crappy day here, cool, overcast and dreary the only saving grace was lunch with friends Wink ...

Diane: If you remember Sheila's haircut was adorable (check out the Galleria to see if there are any salons there)...Later, Jill Cool
Back to top Go down
critterchick

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 7:59 pm

Soup's on! I didn't have tomato sauce so I used 2 cans of diced tomatoes. And no Vegall so I used 1 large zucchini & 1 large yellow squash. The early results are promising!

I also calculated Weight Watchers points for anybody who's interested - my batch looks like it will make about 10 servings, at 4 points each (the total batch is 2175 calories, 41 grams of fat & 42 grams of fiber by my count). Not bad for some really filling and tasty stuff!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 8:19 pm

Jean.........good to know on the points!....I wondered about that.....

Guess I'll die before making DP at this point too!.....maaaan, I was struggling to get to 25 now 50...HA.....oh well, I know they have to do something.

I agree on the 'household' getting all the points as the kids tend to zoom right up even tho they may not be on the cruises!

off to walk........

j Smile
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: REST EASY!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 8:48 pm

Hi Everyone,
Here is straight from Rachel Hancock:

Hi, Marilyn. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

While we are always looking for ways to improve the program for the benefit of our members, the rumors circulating on that post are absolutely untrue and have no basis in fact whatsoever. It's personally discouraging to me to see so many valuable members get upset over what amounts to nothing!

Anytime you see a hot topic like this come around, I appreciate you letting me know. I will speak to my contacts on NV to see if I can do some rumor control.

Whew! It took us soooo long just to get to 21 this year...and I told her the same thing....we'd probably die before we made it to 50 at our rate! roflmao
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 9:21 pm

Exairgoddessl wrote:
Hi Everyone,

While we are always looking for ways to improve the program for the benefit of our members, the rumors circulating on that post are absolutely untrue and have no basis in fact whatsoever. It's personally discouraging to me to see so many valuable members get upset over what amounts to nothing!

Anytime you see a hot topic like this come around, I appreciate you letting me know. I will speak to my contacts on NV to see if I can do some rumor control.

Whew! It took us soooo long just to get to 21 this year...and I told her the same thing....we'd probably die before we made it to 50 at our rate! roflmao

That's good news thanks Marilyn. (She says as she hits herself in the head for not sending the email herself) Yes us too especially with John looking into other cruise lines.

Well, off to watch Wheel.

d
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 10:32 pm

Exairgoddessl wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks Marilyn for writing to Rachel, like Diane I should have thought to write an email to Rachel...Glad to see it is only a rumor, "Who starts these rumors anyway" Twisted Evil !!! Later, Jill Cool
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 10:54 pm

Sis.........people that start rumors like that enjoy watching the 'feeding frenzy' that it causes.........seems like there is more to life than that!!

j Smile
Back to top Go down
critterchick

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 11:06 pm

I trust the original source (kewlguy) in terms of his assertion that he was speaking to somebody who should know. But too bad they didn't. I do think there will be some kind of change to the program - it probably works on the Freedom class ships because they have separate facilities, but as we all know, you lose one of your benefits (and I love the Radiance lounge in no small part because of the Concierge himself, not just the free lattes) on the smaller ships, especially on members' cruises.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 11:08 pm

wow.........now that is interesting,........are you gonna post that(guessing maybe you shoudnt,I suppose),but I would LOVE to have that on the thread.....

Speaking of threads,glad to see your replies to CCC,Diane........I wanna know all about those cheapo RCCL one night cruises.........hahah
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 12:14 am

cruiseforme wrote:
Sis.........people that start rumors like that enjoy watching the 'feeding frenzy' that it causes.........seems like there is more to life than that!!

j Smile

Ain't that the Truth bounce !
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 12:16 am

critterchick wrote:
I trust the original source (kewlguy) in terms of his assertion that he was speaking to somebody who should know. But too bad they didn't. I do think there will be some kind of change to the program - it probably works on the Freedom class ships because they have separate facilities, but as we all know, you lose one of your benefits (and I love the Radiance lounge in no small part because of the Concierge himself, not just the free lattes) on the smaller ships, especially on members' cruises.

I trust him too it's just unfortunate that he was misinformed and posted what he thought to be true...
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 1:07 am

Nighty Night SPB'ss Catch y'all in the AM... Sleep
Back to top Go down
critterchick

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 3:49 am

Wow, that soup is good! We each just had a taste. But it only made 8 (very generous) servings, not 10, so I have to up the point count to 5. Still pretty darned good for a soup that's a meal! Hey, that's catchy! rabbit
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 10:22 am

Morning.........

I see Marilyn did post the email from Rachel and immediately got slammed by someone............I just had to say something.........so hard for me to stay outta stuff like that..hehe

Happy Thursday ladies!!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 10:28 am

critterchick wrote:
Wow, that soup is good! We each just had a taste. But it only made 8 (very generous) servings, not 10, so I have to up the point count to 5. Still pretty darned good for a soup that's a meal! Hey, that's catchy! rabbit

I was telling my daughter and her boyfreind about Julie's soup recipe and Jacob began spouting off the ingredients. Seems he'll come home at lunch will put it together in the crockpot to surprise Tricia so that she doesn't have to cook supper.

I was reading the comments on the C&A thread about the possible changes to the program there are some mighty upset people.

d
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 11:17 am

PH8 wrote:
Morning.........

I see Marilyn did post the email from Rachel and immediately got slammed by someone............I just had to say something.........so hard for me to stay outta stuff like that..hehe

Happy Thursday ladies!!

Yes, I saw that, I'm so tempted to go in swinging too but....

People can be such butt heads. Frankly if we lived in Florida or CA we'd be cruising more frequently. And, if we wouldn't miss the kids so much we'd probably move out of TX when we retired. But, we won't. Very Happy

d
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 11:42 am

Good Morning All:

Off to get nails done this AM and haircut this afternoon...
Did not get much sleep last night as the wind was whipping and the rain was pelting on the windows...Did you have rain Kathy???

D: The kids could always move too jocolor ...Later, Jill Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 12:01 pm

We did have rain,Jill.........but not enough to wake me up......it was pretty windy this morning though.......

Cloudy now but at least it will be warm.......high 70s here...........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next