Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+10
RBOUR
cruiseforme
nancyk2sea
JJ2sail
GrmyCRS
vlscruiser
critterchick
jillybabes
Murphy
cruisenfever
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
TwitchOR
Charter Member
Charter Member
TwitchOR

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2007-08-10

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 3:02 pm

GrmyCRS wrote:
Great response, Jean!!!!! ImNotWorthy ImNotWorthy ImNotWorthy

Patti, I didn't have Jean2's or Susan's e-mails either. Hope someone else forwarded to them and anyone else I missed.
Hi Chris - How are things in Vegas. Hope you have no unexpected visitors this weekend. Living in a vacation destination must get old when family expect you to become a hotel for them whenever they want it.

I have a few :photos: of the DoggieBreak camp, I don't look good - but you came out really well. I always think blondes look better in photos! When I get my act together, I'll email them to you. I have your card at home with your email on it.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 3:19 pm

For those that haven't seen this, here it is................please make note of the comments made so far.

http://www.epinions.com/content_405818543748
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 4:10 pm

She is an IDIOT! Thank goodness someone Wink replied:

You have GOT to be kidding me!!!!!!!!! All you did was rant about how aweful your last Radiance cruise was and you rebook it for another long cruise??? Either you were lying thru your teeth about your poor experiences on your Alaska review or you are a nut case. I'm thinking both! Get a grip and either present your reviews with balance and reality or take your own advise and stay off RCCL. The rest of us who had an absolutely FABULOUS time will be happy if you move on

Last edited by on Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 4:27 pm

I forwarded it to Diane...Can not believe she is at it again...

Jean #1 when are you going on the Mariner again was it 2/17 or 3/2??? We just booked b2b for 2/17 to go along with our 2/24...Later, Jill Cool
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 4:44 pm

Wow, someone Wink just added this:

This poster apparently had a different experience than the folks I cruised with! We had an absolutely fabulous time and felt RCCL went above and beyond to make the trip fantastic. We received plenty of gifts, so many we needed another suitcase to get them home and they were all of top quality... except one of the light up pens, which was quickly replaced for us by the loyalty ambassador staff! We received a deck of cards and an aquamouse pad at our meet and mingle and then received the following evening turn-down gifts: postcards with custom light up pens, 2 travel CD cases, 2 stadium blanket/poncho combos, 2 backpack/duffel bag combos, 2 travel compass/light/alarm clock/stop watch combos, 2 tote bags with removable straps, 2 packets of Seattle Best coffee and 2 thermal coffee mugs. Many of the events had bonus raffles where very unique gifts were also given away, including beach towels, travel wine boxes, lunch bags, fishing kits as well as the standard hat, visor, water wallet type give aways. Chocolate covered strawberries, a cheese plate and petit fours were also delivered during the cruise. We were very pampered!
The Diamond/Diamond Plus members were especially treated well! In addition to the offer of a free excursion (which would have sold for $75 p/p if you booked it on your own) the Diamond members were also invited to sign up for special craft events such as creating decoupage journals, scrapbooking and dance lessons as well as a special cooking demonstration. Each of these events ALSO had gift raffles.
Perhaps the original poster was treated as she was treating others. I heard of several tantrums she had when she wasn't treated as if she were the only one on the ship! For instance she threw a fit when she went to the Seaview Cafe and had to wait for a table. HELLO... other folks are eating now, so wait a few minutes for a table. But NO, she demanded to see the manager, who suggested she take her food to go and eat it one floor down in the Windjammer. Perhaps after a few of the episodes the staff stop taking all her complaining seriously. I happened to know the people who had the cabin next to her and they experienced NONE of the sewer or water problems she experienced.
I hope anyone reading this review takes her comments with a grain of salt. Was the cruise PERFECT, of course not. You are traveling with a couple thousand other people, so you aren't going to have everyone's attention all the time. The cruiseline has no control over the weather and we went to Alaska in September for goodness sakes, so cold and rain were to be expected. We packed clothing accordingly, apparently she did not.
What I don't get is how she could consider rebooking on a ship if she had such a horrendous experience! I mean, really, if you experienced what she did, would you go back?????
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 5:08 pm

I just read her review and posted my reply. We were in a corner aft on the same deck and certainly did not experience the smells she claims. Time for her to move to land resorts.
Nancy
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 5:28 pm

Nice one Nancy! ThumpsUp
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 5:52 pm

I could not believe what I just read........it makes me furious and I wasnt even on that cruise.......

Hope someone forwarded to the higher ups.....

OHHHHHHHH,she makes me mad...wish they would ban her butt. FlamingMad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 5:57 pm

Question.....you guys know ronpat??.....says she was on this cruise with you......dont want to say too much cuz I dont know if she posts on here or not...

She jsut signed up for my JW cruise...
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 6:07 pm

Jean2 - Thanks, would like to have a good one. We have the one the guide took, but hard to recognize any of us...and we were the "drivers" Would do that excursion again and again.

I'm only seeing the 3 original comments...maybe I need to log in?
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 6:16 pm

GrmyCRS wrote:
Jean2 - Thanks, would like to have a good one. We have the one the guide took, but hard to recognize any of us...and we were the "drivers" Would do that excursion again and again.

Me too, can only see three comments, two of which are hers. What's the secret?
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 6:17 pm

nancyk2sea wrote:
I just read her review and posted my reply. We were in a corner aft on the same deck and certainly did not experience the smells she claims. Time for her to move to land resorts.
Nancy
Nancy, care to share!! Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 6:25 pm

Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 6:32 pm

Patti, here's Nancy's comments:

Was this the same cruise?? Radiance Members 9/14/2007 (Reply to this comment)
by
nancyk2seaRadiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Member_new
I just read the review posted by Awesome1, it is hard to believe that we were on the same cruise. We are experienced cruisers of thirty years. We had a corner aft on the same deck she thought was so terrible. On only ONE day did we notice a sewer smell and that was only for an hour early one morning.
I have great difficulty of someone complaining that they did not get a gift everyday. We think of a gift as something unexpected and appreciate everything we received.
We are only Diamonds, we have many friends that are D and we did not hear one single complaint about this cruise, they had only good things to say.
It does not sound like RCCL is NOT the line for AWESOME1 and maybe it is time to look at some other cruise lines. With all of the petty complaints I doubt very much that any other line will please her, maybe land resorts?

Oct 27 '07
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 6:34 pm

PH8 wrote:
I see 9 comments....

[url=http://www.epinions.com/content_405818543748/show_~allcom
http://www.epinions.com/content_405818543748/show_~allcom[/quote[/url]]

Umm, I read your comments too Kathy... How do you REALLY feel??? !!!!affraid
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 6:35 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
GrmyCRS wrote:

Me too, can only see three comments, two of which are hers. What's the secret?

Yes, you have to log in to read the comments, but I copied all of them except Kathy's here so you can read them. And I didn't copy Jean #1's but you already know what she wrote...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 6:43 pm

[quote="Murphy"]
PH8 wrote:
I see 9 comments....

http://www.epinions.com/content_405818543748/show_~allcom[/quote]

Umm, I read your comments too Kathy... How do you REALLY feel??? !!!!affraid
I dont know why,but that really set me off..........

BTW....where was her wedding in Vegas review?? I wanna show my husband...
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 7:06 pm

Jill, we're going on 3/2 - switch to that one for your B2B! Our Roll Call is pathetic - I'm trying to get somebody to come with us on a private sail to St. John that we did last year. We need 4 to book. Won't you come with us? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze?

I wonder how long until this review goes bye-bye, LOL.

I see that b**** is one of the 10 forbidden words. I suppose I should apolgize to my dogs for calling her one of them.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 7:18 pm

Ok SPB's: I just sent her review to Rachel along with my thoughts, will see what the reply is...

Jean: We are going on 2/17 because of a senior rate...We are going to try out the Promenade cabins!!!
If we switched to 3/2 it would be too close to our 10 nt Southern 3/15 on Emerald Princess...
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 7:35 pm

Well, poo, Jill! I actually looked as switching to Radiance anyway, but nothing above an OV is available, and this princess must have her balcony, LOL!
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 7:48 pm

critterchick wrote:
Well, poo, Jill! I actually looked as switching to Radiance anyway, but nothing above an OV is available, and this princess must have her balcony, LOL!

We do get spoiled, never had a promenade cabin so it should be interesting Laughing . At least the next week we will be "humping' it lol!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 8:23 pm

OK folks.....another interesting review has just be added to read!!

Thanks Jill, I thought it better that I not send it. Would look like I have a personal ax to grind!!
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 8:37 pm

cruisenfever wrote:

Thanks Jill, I thought it better that I not send it. Would look like I have a personal ax to grind!!

Who, You ????lol!
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 8:38 pm

Anything for a SPB, Wink Patti....
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 8:41 pm

jillybabes wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:

Who, You ????lol!
Yeah...........ME Just call me Lizzy Borden
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 24 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next