Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+14
cruisemasters
Exairgoddess1
TwitchOR
cruisenfever
frudutx
critterchick
Murphy
barbeeAL
crzy4cruising
cruiseforme
GrmyCRS
nancyk2sea
JJ2sail
vlscruiser
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 8:36 pm

[quote="cruiseforme"]
crzy4cruising wrote:
cruiseforme wrote:
Brenda......yup we were in LV for a trade show buying merchandise for our stores.....Lots of decisions to make .......looked at hundreds of thousands of items....

I normally can't do those kind of hours but since it's the only time I get to spend with my bff other than on the phone I do it.......

We have a chain of dollar stores and I run one of our tourist stores in Branson

dollar stores--I would be in BIG trouble. I can find more things in those that I didn't know I REALLY needed Razz

cruiseforme wrote:
Glad ur home safely Nancy......

Shopping sounds pretty good!!!

Just got a call that my mom is in hospital with possible heart attack....she went in for dizziness and they are more concerned about her shortness of breath.....her 'heart attack enzymes' are way high......guess that means she either had or is about to have a heart attack.......

Hopefully won't have to rush to TX...TOOO TIRED TO DRIVE 8 HOURs right now....

David commented in LV about all the little black dresses! They were everywhere.....I told him that lbd's are very hot right now....he looked at me and said the WHAT?????

j

hope your mom is ok & it is not too serious. it isn't easy any time, but long distance really $uck$. y'all have my prayers
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 8:44 pm

thanks for the prayers y'all........PB power at work once again!!!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 9:09 pm

Diane, the chapel is lovely thanks for sharing.

Jule, thought and prayers going to you and your family.........sure hope your mom is OK.

OK Polar Bears........it's time for POLAR BEAR POWER PRAYERS and

((((((((((GROUP HUG))))))))))
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 10:09 pm

frudutx wrote:
So we now have the place for the reception and even though we don't officially have the Chapel we did get to walk through it and it's just beautiful.

Anyone interested here's a URL to a virtual tour.

http://www.twu.edu/tour/little_chapel.asp

d

how gorgeous. what beautiful memories this will be part of. thanks for sharing
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 10:16 pm

The Cruise show on Brilliance was very nice, it's the only ship in that class on which we have not sailed. And, it'll probably we awhile until we do, unless RCCL moves her to the US. Which I doubt. Not that we don't want to do the Med it's just not a priority at the moment.

Jul any word on your Mum?

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 10:26 pm

PH8 wrote:
Another mall shopper checking in........spent $200 at CWC!! And that was for things on sale plus another $20 off...........I swear I could spend tons more there..........even bought some of the funky jewelry they have.....something different...........sounds like you had a successful shopping spree to Sheila............I walked right past VS.saw the sign 7 panties for $25,but felt guilty for spending what I already did..........

Welcome home Nancy.glad your trip was ok.........

Loving all the Eastery avatars popping up...........

I got a pair of those panties free with my "Over the shoulder boulder holder"

frudutx wrote:
So we now have the place for the reception and even though we don't officially have the Chapel we did get to walk through it and it's just beautiful.

Anyone interested here's a URL to a virtual tour.

http://www.twu.edu/tour/little_chapel.asp

d

Beautiful Di. It'll be a great place for the wedding.

Jul, Thoughts and prayers for your mom. Polar Bears are powerful.

I've been on Brilliance and it's a great ship. We did a great TA on her. I enjoyed the program.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 10:52 pm

Evening all! I'm back from the party! It went extremely well and my BFF was totally surprised! She was in tears (of joy) when we left. Of course the cocktails that had been consumed had nothing to do with her emotional state! She is such a great friend and we have such a good time together...

Jul, hope you mom heals quickly and it isn't a heart attack... As Patti said.. Group hug!!! Keep us posted.

Sheila your shopping day sounded so fun! My Dad's wife always sets aside one XMas shopping day with her daughter and it sounds just like your day! Love your description of your VS purchase! If a bra needed a manual, I doubt I would buy it!

Nancy, glad you are home and the trip was uneventful, even if it was long!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 10:59 pm

Just got a fb update from one of my sisters.......mom was going home and I guess they don't know anything.....but at least she's going home.

Diane.....GR8 chapel.....how beautiful

sooo tired so I think I'm going to crash early and hopefully get some sleep tonight.

have a good evening yall

j
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 11:02 pm

Great news Jul! Get some rest!

Diane, I forgot to mention the chapel! It looks lovely and will make a great setting for the wedding ceremony. You must be pleased that things are coming together!
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 11:06 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
Just got a fb update from one of my sisters.......mom was going home and I guess they don't know anything.....but at least she's going home.

sooo tired so I think I'm going to crash early and hopefully get some sleep tonight.

have a good evening yall

j

glad she's going home, hope that means good news.
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 11:08 pm

Great news that Mom got to go home, Jul!!!

Susan - Glad your bff WAS surprised and had a wonderful birthday celebration.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 11:18 pm

Thanks Chris! It was a really nice time and it's so nice to remember how lucky we are to have good friends! When I got home tonight I got an email from one of my childhood friends. There were 6 of us in a pack if you will that have still remained friends after all these years. We don't see each other often, but try to get together at least once a year and it's apparently time to plan our next get together! I seem to be connecting with lots of friends this month!
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 11:24 pm

The program was good, but thought we would see more of the ship...
Sharon & Greg will be sailing on her in Sept...

Jul: Good news about your Mom, get some rest now...

Susan: Sounds like you had a wonderful evening and happy that your bff was totally surprised...L8R
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 12:07 am

cruiseforme wrote:

have a good evening yall

j

Very good news Jul.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 4:40 am

Morning all, it's 2 am and it's Sunday morning and you know where I am? Yep hunched over my PC waiting for the boys to fnishing IPLing the system so I can check out my change.

Oh well keeps me busy and out of the bars!!!

Susan you really had a great time memories for a lifetime.

Jul glad your Mom went home that's a great sign.

Be back later.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 9:25 am

Di, Hope your sawing some logs by now. I don't know how you can even think at that hour of the morning.

I'm off to get dressed for church. Be back l8r.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 9:48 am

Good morning! Even though it's still cold here (well 50's at least) it is obviously spring. Our local trio of ducks (2 boys, 1 girl!) started their mating ritual out side our bedroom window this morning! Quack, quack, quack... this year she is mine, no mine, no mine! For at least 5 years, what I think is the same trio decides to mate either in our yard or the neighbors! We both have pools and the winter sluggy water that sits on top of our winter pool covers is apparently a favorite duck mating ground!

I have to try to get outside today and put all the Christmas lights away! Yes, Patti, mine are still up and my neighbors must hate me! I just haven't had time, but will do it today!!!

Enjoy your Sunday!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 12:21 pm

Morning everyone...........

Julie, glad to hear that mom is going home. Hopefully it was just indigestion and nothing more serious.

Susan, might as well take them down when the weather is nice instead of fighting the elements. Better late than never. Laughing Our next door neighbor took all his lights off his shrubs about 6 weeks ago and just left them in piles on the walkway up to his front door. He just put them away last weekend.

It's a cloudy but warm day here.

Have a wonderful Sunday....................
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 12:25 pm

Morning everyone, I was at a 12 hour crop yesterday, and came home beat last night. But got lots of pages done. I am almost done with our cruise from December.

I also won the door prize drawing, which was a really nice set of Meyer cookware!

Jul, glad your Mom is okay.

Diane, looks like it will be a beautiful wedding!

Susan, you could just hang easter eggs from xmas lights, and voila! Easter lights! lol!!! I finally got all my Xmas stuff packed up about a month ago and moved to the garage, but can't get anyone to put them in the attic!

Love all the new Avatars!

Have a good Sunday!
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 12:31 pm

Good morning--

Jul--glad to hear your mom is back home

D--do hope you can catch up on sleep, not fun working when everyone else is asleep

got to go study the new cruise schedules--maybe make some changes

Later--
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 12:34 pm

Jul, Good news that Mom got to go home

Happy Sunday All! Love the avatars gonna get me a keyboard today....no more c&p...

Beautiful here

Di love the chapel...will be Beautiful
Back to top Go down
VegasSpunk
Charter Member
Charter Member
VegasSpunk

Number of posts : 26

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 1:47 pm

Happy Sunday all you Polar Bears.

Jul - Was wonderful seeing you and David the other night and dinner was great and even better for lunch Friday. Ya'll hurry on back now, hear! Glad you are home safely.

Have to do some cleaning today so best get started. Every body have a good day. Only 47 more days !!! So glad cuz.........................
I WANNA GO NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 2:26 pm

Hi Martha--great picture and good to hear from you

Well, we pretty much decided the last couple of weeks that the scheduling would not work out for the Australia b2b next year--just moved one of the bookings to RADIANCE Panama Canal Sept. 2010--called today and the same cabin we had for Alaska last year was waiting for us--corner aft on deck 8

We are excited about that, the canal has been on our list for years
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 4:02 pm

VegasSpunk wrote:
Happy Sunday all you Polar Bears.

Jul - Was wonderful seeing you and David the other night and dinner was great and even better for lunch Friday. Ya'll hurry on back now, hear! Glad you are home safely.

Have to do some cleaning today so best get started. Every body have a good day. Only 47 more days !!! So glad cuz.........................
I WANNA GO NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi Martha, good to see ya

nancyk2sea wrote:
Hi Martha--great picture and good to hear from you

Well, we pretty much decided the last couple of weeks that the scheduling would not work out for the Australia b2b next year--just moved one of the bookings to RADIANCE Panama Canal Sept. 2010--called today and the same cabin we had for Alaska last year was waiting for us--corner aft on deck 8

We are excited about that, the canal has been on our list for years

canal is on my list too. will have to wait, saving my pennies for our Australia b2b in 2010
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 6:59 pm

I watched the Brilliance "why not the Med" show this afternoon (DVR'd last night). I thought they did an ok job of showing the ship, not extensive, but they hit most of the locations. BUT I thought they did a rip-off describing the cabins!!! One family had the RFS and 3 girls shared an OS and they all pretended like ALL cabins were like that! For an uninformed cruiser I thought it was terrible to lead folks to believe all cabins were like that!!!

Patti and Sheila, I "played" with booking one of the SA trips you are on this afternoon. I can't believe the price!!! $699 p/p for a balcony! That's outrageous! But, then reality hit as I realized the first leg leaves in a few weeks and there is NO WAY my new employee will be up to speed to do things by herself for 2 weeks, so I just paid off my Memorial Day cruise instead!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next