Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+14
cruisemasters
Exairgoddess1
TwitchOR
cruisenfever
frudutx
critterchick
Murphy
barbeeAL
crzy4cruising
cruiseforme
GrmyCRS
nancyk2sea
JJ2sail
vlscruiser
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 8:46 pm

so has anyone sailed with the new suite program? I have Wink . interesting. we did NOT like the sea pass --GOLD with SUITE written in big ole letters. we talked to the concierge & let him know that & he said well that way you can take advantage of the special saved places. (yeah, but it didn't need to be a different color? we felt really wierd about it & put our pass in our holders backwards. as far as the extras--they were nice, I can't deny that & since folks do pay more (usually) for the suites, I suppose the extras are well deserved, we just felt a little wierd & really didn't want attention called to us.

here is a question tho about the dining room & being D+. I know that 1 of the benefits of D+ is priority table placement in teh DR. Where exactly is that in all of your experiences? AND for those of you who are D+, when you ask for a large table without specifying other reservation #s, who are you usually seated with? I am going to wait & see what y'all say before I tell you what happened. Question
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 9:02 pm

Brenda-----we had those new suite cards the last few cruises.......never really thought about it.............

as a DP,I never asked for priority table assignment......if I dont like where I am,I just see the maitre d' the first afternoon.............cant wait to hear your story........

Waiting on Dennis to get home............he'll be here till Wed and we have so much to do tomorrow,that I might not get on..........so I want to wish you all a Happy St Pattys Day!!!
Back to top Go down
Murphy
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 9:22 pm

Evening all! Brenda, I have not stayed in a suite since the new key card program. We did have silver JS cards a few weeks ago on the AOS. I thought they were nice, but don't think it got me anything extra!! Smile

Most of our tablemate have worked out well. Actually our only really bad table was when we requested a large table and ended up at a table for 2 on the Freedom! We were seated in a section where every other table in that section were part of a big TA group and our little 2-some wasn't waited on very well!

Do tell your story, Brenda!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 9:22 pm

Evening all, settled in in front of the embroidery machine. I have a friend who is the Chair person of the Texas Chapter of the Scleroderma Foundation and she's asked me to make some things for her division people and prizes for their yearly walk. So that's tonight's projects a denim shirt and a denim bag, test projects.

I haven't forgotten the Polar Bear test patterns I just figured I have some time to play with that.

Well, Patti how are they decorating the nursery?

d
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 10:35 pm

Yikes....so many posts today, so I'll undoubtedly miss someone.

Welcome home, Bren - Spill the beans!!!! Wink You know the lurkers are interested too.

Jean - I missed the post, but you are always eloquent and it must've been good! So sorry about your MIL, hope by next week she and the docs will come to a good solution.

Diane - Thanks for the info. You are a busy bee...and how nice of you to make things for that foundation. Take a bow.

Patti - I think (being even older) that it's nice NOT to know the baby's sex. At least for the first one.

Shorty - So you get to babysit again??? Lucky lady.

Nancy - More fund with the gk's. Another lucky lady.

Kathy - Have fun with Dennis tomorrow and glad you got your car washed. Mine needs a bath terribly, but just havn't got roundtoit.

Susan - I think I might've asked for a table change.

Virginia - Glad the puppy is doing well. Have fun a D-land!!! We are getting very excited about Alaska! Tried to see if we could make your flight, but won't happen. Your flight leaves about 5 minutes before we even arrive at LAX.

Jill - Glad you got the cabin change you wanted. We so love the aft, but for the Serenade we are trying for somethin more mid ship or near elevators. So port intensive, Martha says the steward will have to bring a cart and lug her to the aft.

I've read quite a few those *other* posts...seems like someone mentioned the "broken record" effect....I agree. THEY DO NEED TO GET OVER IT!
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 10:43 pm

Chris--you are good, you remember all of us!!

talk to you tomorrow--I am whipped tonight, think this week is catching up with me
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 11:25 pm

Just checking in before I hit the sack.

Diane, DIL wants all white furniture. The crib they are getting will turn into a toddler bed......so at least that will be very useful. DIL is a great decorator.............but then besides her mom she has a gazillion aunts and cousins that will help her also. I'm staying out of the picture. Nobody ever liked my ideas when they were planning the wedding..............and I thought some of them were quite good. Only problem was my ideas didn't cost enough money!! affraid Her family thinks that if something costs a lot of money...........then it's gotta be the best. Mad

Have a great evening..........catch ya all tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 11:34 pm

well we have never asked for priority seating in the DR, but have been at a table near the center of the bottom floor on almost all of the cruises we have been on. THIS time, we were on the 3rd level of the DR in the back corner--no problem, BUT food was rarely warm and it took FOREVER. ok fine. the first night our other 4 seats were empty. the 2nd night, we were a tad late (time in the CL ran over a bit) and you can imagine our (4 unattached over 50 ladies) surprise when we came to our table to find a family---mommy, daddy, 15 year old daughter AND 3 year old son. very lovely family & we made the best of it. we did so well that at the end of the meal when the head waiter came up to the dad about changing tables, the dad looked at all of us & said--you know, you have all been so gracious, that I think we want to stay here affraid , if that is ok with all of you! (NOW what were we supposed to say?) so we made the best of it. the 3 year was cute, but very very active & we were stupid to engage him that first night because he loved all of us and expected lots of attention from us. 1 night we purposefully got tickets for the late ice show & ate in the WJ for supper. another night the parents went to portifinos and left the 2 kids at the table with us. the 15 year old was absolutely great with her brother & we hurried out as soon as we could. they really were very nice, but we just thought that was so bizarre. I asked the concierge if he knew how they assigned tables & we explained our plight--his answer was, well there are lots of kids this week . we did remark about it on the survey. we always (well almost always) so enjoy our table mates & love to meet other people, but now we are a bit skiddish about the process.

so are we out of line with our thoughts?
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 11:36 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Just checking in before I hit the sack.

Diane, DIL wants all white furniture. The crib they are getting will turn into a toddler bed......so at least that will be very useful. DIL is a great decorator.............but then besides her mom she has a gazillion aunts and cousins that will help her also. I'm staying out of the picture. Nobody ever liked my ideas when they were planning the wedding..............and I thought some of them were quite good. Only problem was my ideas didn't cost enough money!! affraid Her family thinks that if something costs a lot of money...........then it's gotta be the best. Mad

Have a great evening..........catch ya all tomorrow.

cyclops YIKES that's too bad, I'm sure your ideas were WONDERFUL
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 12:02 am

Not out of line at all Brenda. I have been sat at a table for four on March before and sat alone for more then one night. The first night was the worst. Embarassed I now almost always take a book with me just in case. Rolling Eyes I never go to the dining room for breakfast without a book same for lunch and will often request a table for one so I won't be stuck. I am not an unfriendly person but I am tired of being ignored and sat in awkward places because I travel alone!!!!!

Now I will admit that since meeting Jean and Jen traveling on the Monarch improved my dinner seating greatly, Thank You Ladies.

Have asked to be moved on more then one occasion. I have raised my children, love my grandchildren but I don't enjoy sharing a table with other peoples children if I am expected to entertain them. When I travel with Liz who takes her grandchildren they were very well behaved and not a problem and I didn't growl not once!!!!

I don't think I have ever been rude to my table mates just know that I am not kid friendly. Yes I do eat with my grandson on cruises, however he has told me that come the Mariner he wants to eat in the WJ as the dining room takes to long. So we will just have to make sure we touch base and I know where and what he is up to.
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 12:07 am

Bren - Not out of line at all...(unless we are not included in always enjoyed group).it doesn't seem they did a very good demographic scan of the cruisers. Of course you made the best of it...you and the "girls" are good people.

Was funny on our Alaska cruise when we arrived at dinner and found one couple from Austrailia (very charming and friendly), but we supposed to be linkined with Sheila, Bob, our nephew Josh and his wife, Teresa! It got sorted out, but we did meet a very nice couple and explained what happened. They too, were supposed to have a couple from London at their table, so it was a surprise for all of us.

And boy did we have a great waiter....what a cutie, right Shorty?????
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 12:10 am

I should have proof read my post. DUH....time for Sleep with DWS.

G'nite all
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 2:04 am

vlscruiser wrote:
Not out of line at all Brenda. I have been sat at a table for four on March before and sat alone for more then one night. The first night was the worst. Embarassed I now almost always take a book with me just in case. Rolling Eyes I never go to the dining room for breakfast without a book same for lunch and will often request a table for one so I won't be stuck. I am not an unfriendly person but I am tired of being ignored and sat in awkward places because I travel alone!!!!!

Now I will admit that since meeting Jean and Jen traveling on the Monarch improved my dinner seating greatly, Thank You Ladies.

Have asked to be moved on more then one occasion. I have raised my children, love my grandchildren but I don't enjoy sharing a table with other peoples children if I am expected to entertain them. When I travel with Liz who takes her grandchildren they were very well behaved and not a problem and I didn't growl not once!!!!

I don't think I have ever been rude to my table mates just know that I am not kid friendly. Yes I do eat with my grandson on cruises, however he has told me that come the Mariner he wants to eat in the WJ as the dining room takes to long. So we will just have to make sure we touch base and I know where and what he is up to.

Well, you know you'll never be dining alone if I'm on the ship!

I'm not a kid person at all, and I don't want to have to behave in front of them. So far that's never been an issue on RCI. We were, however, once seated on Monarch with some people who appeared to be white supremists. affraid They took one look at me and refused to speak or make eye contact on the first night. From a couple of comments (I listen in shamelessly, expecially when I'm at my own table) I think they thought I was Jewish, since most people wouldn't draw the correct conclusion that I'm half black. The saving grace was that that 4th couple, who showed up late, was also black. So it was quite hilarious to see how uncomfortable the Aryan Nation were.roflmao They didn't return after the first night.

But I digress. We have invoked our priority dining once or twice to get a table for 2, and it's worked. We've also requested a specific table number and/or location and have gotten that. But, other than a 2 - top, we seldom get a large table when we request one.
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 3:23 am

Thanks Jean, Looking forward to the Mariner and a rowdy table filled with kilts, laughter and great fun. I will be the quiet one shaking her head and smiling behind my napkin, just cause I don't want the broccoli stuck in my teeth to show. lol!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 8:39 am

Morning all! Happy St Patty's Day! StPatrick

We've been lucky. We've only had semi-miserable dining companions twice.

Lots to do today, ned to get at it.

d
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 9:00 am

Brenda I can not phathom why they would put a group of 4 women at a table with a family! I'm imagining my Gal's cruise with a family at our table... ohhh, it's not a pretty picture!!! Even if they were gracious, I probably would have spoken to the head waiter afterwards and asked to be moved. And I REALLY can't imagine sending kids to the dining room when the parents skip off to Portofinos! YIKES!

BUSY day today, it's my meeting day and I way behind with regular work since my right hand gal got swept up by the Owner and I'm training a new person who is still doing her old job too! So much work, so little time!!!

Hope everyone enjoys their St. Patty's Day, however you decide to celebrate!
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 9:30 am

Good morning and Happy St. Pat's Day--

Brenda--quite a story, how could those parents go to Portofino's and send the kids to the dining room? We have had a couple of bad experiences over the years so unless we link with someone, we get a table for two. We want to dine with people we know, there are plenty of other ways to meet people.

Our last day having fun in FL with the g-kids--will check in later today --have a great day
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 9:49 am

HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY.... StPatrick

Had THE BEST news this morning....GRANDSON, BLAKE, WILL SET FOOT ON AMERICAN SOIL ON MONDAY!!!!!!!! cheers Yay
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 10:16 am

GrmyCRS wrote:

Had THE BEST news this morning....GRANDSON, BLAKE, WILL SET FOOT ON AMERICAN SOIL ON MONDAY!!!!!!!! cheers Yay

That is fantastic news you must be thrilled.

d
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 10:31 am

top on the mornin' to y'all & Happy St P Day. I feel left out because I won't be having corned beef & cabbage Sad

I am glad that it just wasn't us thinking the pairing was bizarre. yeah we should have asked to be changed, bUT we were whimps I guess. PLUS, we kept running into them all over the place--on the ship & in ports. It was what it was. And CHRIS--y'all are not on our naughty list of dining partners--for sure, we had a blast with you guys. And that is great news about Blake .

off to the races--the suitcase did get opened yesterday, but the stuff did not put itself away, BUt the laundry is ALL done.

later all
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 10:55 am

GrmyCRS wrote:
Bren - Not out of line at all...(unless we are not included in always enjoyed group).it doesn't seem they did a very good demographic scan of the cruisers. Of course you made the best of it...you and the "girls" are good people.

Was funny on our Alaska cruise when we arrived at dinner and found one couple from Austrailia (very charming and friendly), but we supposed to be linkined with Sheila, Bob, our nephew Josh and his wife, Teresa! It got sorted out, but we did meet a very nice couple and explained what happened. They too, were supposed to have a couple from London at their table, so it was a surprise for all of us.

And boy did we have a great waiter....what a cutie, right Shorty?????

Yes Shrimp, He was one of the best we've had too, as well as being very nice Eye Candy Laughing

We also arrived that first night expecting you guys and were surprised to find a table of the MOST POMPOUS A#*'D people. We couldn't wait to get done. Glad we got that sorted out. We saw that one guy all over the ship with his captain's hat on and very loud voice. In fact Nancy had a run in with him over his language one night in the Schooner. I'm sure she'll remember.

Brens I'm a better one than you, I'd have asked to be moved and I think they had nerve sending the kids without them.

Last edited by Dramaqueen on Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 11:00 am

GrmyCRS wrote:

Yeh !!!! I'm so happy he is coming home safe and sound.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 11:08 am

Good Morning All, Dank dreary day today. I could have stayed in bed but have to run off to work soon.

Can I hope that the thing over yonder has disappeared? I guess I'll have to go check.
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 11:24 am

GrmyCRS wrote:

Chris--you must feel so good with that news, great for you!!!
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 11:34 am

Chris, what wonderful news about your grandson! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 25 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next