Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+14
cruisemasters
Exairgoddess1
TwitchOR
cruisenfever
frudutx
critterchick
Murphy
barbeeAL
crzy4cruising
cruiseforme
GrmyCRS
nancyk2sea
JJ2sail
vlscruiser
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 5:24 pm

nancyk2sea wrote:
Sheila--sounds like your birthday worked out but Bob in a bit of trouble--you will have a big celebration on Sat.

Kathy--glad to hear that Dennis is back to work, hope he continues to feel good

We just got back from the pool--it is 81 and sunny, the g-kids are having a wonderful time. We stopped at the produce market and they picked out sweet corn for dinner tonight--their "favorite vegetable"

Enjoy the rest of your day---

Yeah, glad you are in a warm place & having fun!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 5:43 pm

Awww Sheila. Well we remembered. Very Happy

And the last time my hubby forgot my birthday (well for a few hours in the morning) - I booked a cruise. Not just ANY cruise. I booked one with HIS inlaws...yes my parents. Laughing That was back in 2002 and he hasn't forgotten my bday since. Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 5:50 pm

Michelle...LOVE that!! That'd teach him!

sheila.....dh is like that totally......early days of our marriage my mom used to have to call hm and tell him....he's still trying to make up for it!!
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 6:07 pm

I am the one who forgets birthdays. I forgot Jim's 50th birthday (remembered when I woke up that day but forgot about it during the day). Had to call friends when he got home from work and we all went out for dinner. Embarassed I still have trouble remembering the kids and friends birthdays. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Enjoy your weekend birthday party, Sheila Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 7:25 pm

There is a thread on the HAL boards now, about the RC's

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=944221
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 7:41 pm

Jen, At first it bothered me about the RC, causing I wasn't asked to be one!

But in all seriousness I don't think the folks invited to be part of that group wrote in such a way that would reflect in a more favorable light. I really do believe that wrote what they felt about the company. They did so before some were invited to sail on a new ship for a pre-in (sp) and continued to do so afterward.

I have been asked by Chico's and Coldwater to take surveys and on Chico's I am part of a group that gets a month questionnaire regarding topics about their products. I don't slant my thoughts about their products and if RCCL ever asked me to be part of RC I would state my feelings about their products as well good, bad or indifferent.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 7:46 pm

Sheila glad it all worked out. Ray forgot my B-Day once. No card, no flowers, no present, no "Happy Birthday" kiss before we left for work that day. I didn't say anything. Came home that night and plopped myself down on the couch with a book. When he asked me what was for dinner I just stared at him and said, "I don't know, what do you have planned." He FINALLY figured it out! I don't expect much, but I won't cook my own dinner on my B-Day! Take out is fine, but I WILL NOT COOK!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 8:34 pm

Susan..........I can just picture Ray's face!! LOL.....I agree with you.....I won't cook on my bday either!!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 8:45 pm

Oh, yeah! His facical expression was great! I do have to cut him some slack since my B-Day is a week before XMAS and it was in the middle of his snow and ice season and he'd been out for several calls that week. He's usually pretty good about remembering though! Gotta love him!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 9:33 pm

Evening all..............

Sheila, sorry Bob took so long to remember your b-day................but don't ya think that at our age it's just another day? roflmao

Kathy, glad Dennis went back to work. Loved the way............he's out the door.............she's by the pool catchin some rays!! And you had the poor guy believing that you were busy all day. Razz

OK...so who's going home on AI tonight? I thought they all did very well.............though I didn't care for the gal with the long blond hair. Wonder what the new twist is going to be with the judges tonight and the results.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 9:43 pm

I like Michele's idea. I should book a cruise and tell him it's my bday gift. Only thing is we have a full slate of cruises booked. Don't think I could fit another one in without getting fired.

I guess I'll have to let him off the hook soon. I'm just in from the Homeless Shelter and he's still there helping out.

Nancy glad the weather is nice and the kids are having a good time. I'd love some fresh sweet corn right about now.

I have a Dr appt in the am early. Drat I should have made it later so I could sleep in on my day off.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 10:07 pm

vlscruiser wrote:
Jen, At first it bothered me about the RC, causing I wasn't asked to be one!

But in all seriousness I don't think the folks invited to be part of that group wrote in such a way that would reflect in a more favorable light. I really do believe that wrote what they felt about the company. They did so before some were invited to sail on a new ship for a pre-in (sp) and continued to do so afterward.

I have been asked by Chico's and Coldwater to take surveys and on Chico's I am part of a group that gets a month questionnaire regarding topics about their products. I don't slant my thoughts about their products and if RCCL ever asked me to be part of RC I would state my feelings about their products as well good, bad or indifferent.

I only mentioned it because they seem to be blowing it way out of proportion over there. To think that they would believe some obscure slanted journalist's story, over people that have been genuinely helping people on the boards for years. It just makes me sick.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 10:09 pm

Sheila, hope you have a better evening tonight. If you can't book another cruise, a trip to the jewelry store works well too! Laughing
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 10:10 pm

Shorty - I'll bet Bob has has something special for you on Saturday's celebration. If not, there's 2011 bookings Wink .

Guess that was one good thing about my ex...never forgot my birthday because it was our anniversary too.

Jul - Hope you're all packed and have our numbers. Have a great flight, and we were expecting rain tomorrow per our fabulous weather persons, but Martha and I managed to get rid of it for you. lol!

Diane - Glad the plans have come together and it will be a beautiful wedding.

If more of those complaining about the RC's read *THAT* reporter's full story, and noticed the CC's that were quoted...they might come to their senses. Pretty fishy that WN seems to be in her pocket. Oh well, more power to the RC's, they should be proud to be chosen and forget the green-eyed monsters.
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 10:19 pm

Exactly Jen people just looking to cause trouble.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 11:38 pm

Packing caught up.........wanted to get it finished tonight so I don't screw up the manicure!!

We're flying out on Friday so hopefully all will be easy....direct flight....I always prefer those.....

Chris.......if you could, email me the numbers again so I can make sure I have them........PLEASE?!?!??!

off to finish prepping......

j
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 10:38 am

Morning everyone..............it's going to be a bright sunny day in our neighborhood today.............but a little on the chilly side.

Have a wonderful trip Jul............hope you can meet up with the Vegas gals.

Jim has an eye doctor's appointment so I have to go along since they will most probably dilate his eyes.............so he needs a chauffeur to get him home.

Have a wonderful day................
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 10:51 am

Morning all......

Finishing up everything today..........tons of errands to do and then hopefully a nice calm evening with the gk's....(HAHAHHAHAHA who am I kidding!!!)

Mani this aft.....sure wish I was in Costa Rica ($10 there) ($25 here)..yikes!
Now I remember why I don't do it often!

Chris,.......got all the numbers and hopefully I will have some free time of our own...(always hard when we are traveling business cuz work is in charge of our time) but usually the last day we are free.....

Have a gr8 day y'all
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 10:59 am

Morning all another rainy day here, we had almost 3" of rain yesterday.

I'd love to be home sacked out on the sofa.

Safe trip Julie. I'd love to be going anywhere! roflmao

Patti I loved your comment over on the dark side, make everyone a RC and then let's see what happens. Everyone thinks they are missing out on something heaven forbid affraid .

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 11:20 am

Morning all.........

Not too much going on here.......still feel yucky.......do have a hair appt this afternoon and almost want to cancel,but I am in desperate need of a hair cut.....it might make me feel better............

Dennis is saying he's feeling yucky too.......Im sure now its the hospital.......

Oh well, could be worse...............

I think that stupid thread just needs to die out...........it is so yesterdays news now...........that one guy is sure an instigator............I agree.make him a RC so we all can greet him on the next FREE trip...........heheheheheh
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 11:23 am

PH8 wrote:
I think that stupid thread just needs to die out...........it is so yesterdays news now...........that one guy is sure an instigator............I agree.make him a RC so we all can greet him on the next FREE trip...........heheheheheh

What I don't understand is threads have been pulled for less. What on earth are they thinking?

d
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 12:26 pm

Morning everyone!

We have a new chiropractor in town, and he hosted a dinner last night, so we went to check him out, and signed up for a complimentary visit. I've been going to a chiro near my work, on my lunch hour, but Jim hasn't been going at all. So hopefully this one near our house will work out.

I'll be gone again this weekend too! My sis and I are going to a scrapbooking weekend out at Bodega Bay, put on by a Creative Memories rep. Looks like it is at a really nice executive type home overlooking the water.

Have a good trip Jul!

Feel better Kathy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 12:28 pm

Good Morning All. Off today and just back from my DR Appt. Bi-annual poking and prodding. affraid

It's sunny but cold today. DD is on her way here to pick up her little fur baby. None too soon, the little darling peas fine outside but seems to think my rug is the place to poop. HolySheep
I think we'll do lunch together while she's here. Don't get to do that very often.

I gave up reading the RC thread thought it was done to death. What a hassle.

Patti I had an email from Juan Diego. He will be joining the Radiance in Valparaiso. I know you don't care for him but we do communicate regularly and he seems excited to see us again. Hopefully you will give him another chance and he'll be on his best game for this cruise. Can't imagine why he was so off the last time you had him. I know his father was very ill and recently passed away. Not an excuse, just an observation.

Have a great day all.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 12:31 pm

Sounds like you have a fun wekend planned Jen.

Other than a desperately needed haircut I really don't have much planned for the weekend.

Kathy hope you and Dennis aren't getting the flu.

d
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 12:54 pm

So John finally gave me a thumb drive of pictures from Voyager see who made it as my fav.

d
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 18 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next