Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+13
misseddie
barbeeAL
crzy4cruising
frudutx
nancyk2sea
critterchick
vlscruiser
cruisenfever
jillybabes
Murphy
cruiseforme
GrmyCRS
JJ2sail
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
critterchick
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 845
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 1:30 am

Jul, here's hoping that you thaw out there!

I never get the C&A magazine. Don gets one, but not me. I swear I don't exist for RCI!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 9:57 am

Jul, hope you are ok! I really hate the snow, but think ice is soo much worse!

We only got a dusting to maybe an inch of snow overnight, although I guess they got a lot more just south of here... Patti are you digging out today?

We have not received a C&A mag, but I think mine ususally comes a few days after you all get yours.

Everyone keep warm and travel safe today!

Nancy, hope SIL is doing better... lots of PB strength pointed to your family...
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 10:42 am

Morning all........we are buried in ice and snow........I haven't seen any cars moving around lately.

All flights are still canx this am.....I pray that they start moving and we are able to get out.....

Jean......i think the C&A mags go to anyone who is not registered online.....I don't get one but David does (he's not registered)

Have a good day.....off to try and figure out what the **** to do

j
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 11:11 am

Jul: Sure hope that you are able to get the heck out, please keep us posted...

Dave gets the C&A mag I do not!!!

Nancy: Continued prayers for your SIL...

Sheila: It just doesn't seem fair when one couple gets more attention than the other C&A members (unless it's us!), I have seen this happen many times as I'm sure most of you have...

Will check in L8R...
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 11:13 am

Ok..........our airport (a small regional) is still grounded it appears..........I can get us on Southwest airlines one way to FLL out of St Louis.......not badly priced...

HOW DO WE GET FROM FLL TO MIA downtown?????
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 11:24 am

cruiseforme wrote:
Ok..........our airport (a small regional) is still grounded it appears..........I can get us on Southwest airlines one way to FLL out of St Louis.......not badly priced...

There usually shuttles from Ft Laud to Miami and RCL has one too!

Iced in this morning going no where today. The sun is now out but since the temps are still low it'll take awhile for the ice to melt, not sure if I'll venture out today at all.

Kathy go ahead and cancel our Hawaii too. Although we're not sure what we're doing yet. We've already sailed Freedom and may do something different. Sorry Jill.

d
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 11:28 am

morning all.
hope everyone is safe & warm. just saw on the news the trees falling because of ice--- pale
our weather did not get as serious as it could have & fortunately the front was a very fast moving one & left quickly.

hoping you travelers get to get to your ships!!

On the C&A mag--I never get it because I am registered on-line which I think is crap, but I won't go there today. my sister registered on-line for herself & not my bil & so she views on-line & they still get a mag.

gotta get some work done in this house today affraid

have a great day all
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 11:31 am

cruiseforme wrote:

google --there are a number of shuttles that go from FLL to MIA--we have done it before because we fly southwest mostly. good luck with that & be safe
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 11:32 am

crzy4cruising wrote:
morning all.
hope everyone is safe & warm. just saw on the news the trees falling because of ice--- pale
our weather did not get as serious as it could have & fortunately the front was a very fast moving one & left quickly.

hoping you travelers get to get to your ships!!

On the C&A mag--I never get it because I am registered on-line which I think is crap, but I won't go there today. my sister registered on-line for herself & not my bil & so she views on-line & they still get a mag.

gotta get some work done in this house today affraid

have a great day all

That's the way we do it too, John gets the C&A mag in the mail and I'm registered online. We get so much junkmail as it is.

d
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 11:34 am

Diane--where is Fairview?

Junk mail, I got enogh on my own & now that my mom is in a nursing home here in Hondo, my address is her permanent one & so I get HER junk mail & if that isn't bad enough, I get junk mail for my dad who passed away a year ago. I HATE junk mail
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 11:36 am

crzy4cruising wrote:
Diane--where is Fairview?

Junk mail, I got enogh on my own & now that my mom is in a nursing home here in Hondo, my address is her permanent one & so I get HER junk mail & if that isn't bad enough, I get junk mail for my dad who passed away a year ago. I HATE junk mail

North of Dallas, off of 75 between Allen and McKinney.

d
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 12:47 pm

Polling.................take a gamble that the flight goes tmrw??? (amer has canx all today thru about 3pm so far) OR spend $1,000 and rebook and drive to STL????

I DON"T KNOW WHAT TO DO..........gosh I hate cruises in the winter.......we end up in this situation so many times
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 12:55 pm

Sis: The other alternative is rent a car and drive down to Miami...It is not far from Ft. Lauderdale (approx 45min - 1 hr), but check out the shuttle first...

D: I am disappointed, as Dave will be, but understand...I called to redeem the points and they said 5-7 days for the cert to be mailed...I think we may try the anytime dining...It is going to be rolled out fleetwide by April of this year...
We are doing personal choice dining on the 14 nt Grand... L8R.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 12:58 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
Polling.................take a gamble that the flight goes tmrw??? (amer has canx all today thru about 3pm so far) OR spend $1,000 and rebook and drive to STL????

I DON"T KNOW WHAT TO DO..........gosh I hate cruises in the winter.......we end up in this situation so many times

What is the weather report for tomorrow??? If no snow, I would take the gamble, do you have cruise insurance Just in Case????
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 1:04 pm

jillybabes wrote:
Sis: The other alternative is rent a car and drive down to Miami...It is not far from Ft. Lauderdale (approx 45min - 1 hr), but check out the shuttle first...

D: I am disappointed, as Dave will be, but understand...I called to redeem the points and they said 5-7 days for the cert to be mailed...I think we may try the anytime dining...It is going to be rolled out fleetwide by April of this year...

Yes, I read about the anytime dining in the C&A guide. Our dinner time on Voyager was 5:30 and I thought that was way to early (IMHO).

Will let you know what we decide about the cruise.

The sun is shining very brightly now and it appears as if most of the ice on our streets is melted. Temps are only going to go higher, should be around 43 by the end of the day. Trying to decide whether to continue to work from home ro drive to work.

scratch

d
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 1:08 pm

I think there is no additional weather coming in..

I can get a $29 flight to Tampa tomorrow....from here....which then I would have to get a car and drive to Miami.......

American just has soo many issues it seems anymore....part of the reason I changed my cc to have rcl points instead of free air on Amer...

I guess we should just PRAY HARD ALL DAY and hope to heck the flight goes....

I have the insurance thru RCL which would give us a 75% credit and I have no cruises booked that we'd be going on in the next year...

It sounds crazy but I'm more worried about our sanity and stress levels if we don't go on this cruise........biz has been sooo stressful and this is our only time out....trying to vacation in the US does not work cuz everyone tends to call us all day long (and of course everything is an emergency)
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 1:19 pm

frudutx wrote:
jillybabes wrote:

Yes, I read about the anytime dining in the C&A guide. Our dinner time on Voyager was 5:30 and I thought that was way to early (IMHO).

Will let you know what we decide about the cruise.

scratch

d
5:30 is too early!!! Does this mean you are still considering Freedom, when you say "what we decide about the cruise" or some other ship????
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Jul--hope it all works out. sending prayers your way.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 1:58 pm

Jul, take a deep breath.... in... out... in... out!

OK, now

1) what time does you ship leave on Friday? Remember, your goal is to make the ship, not necessarily get to MIA on Thursday.

2) Is your current ticket a purchased ticket or an award ticket? If it is a purchased ticket, you will have priority on the flights tomorrow, not the people that got bumped today. If you have an award ticket, however, I'd probably take the $29 flight to Tampa!

3) Depending on what time you get into FLL, I'd think about renting a car. It will probably be as cheap as using a shuttle. But if you don't have a need for the car except to get from FLL to the hotel, take the shuttle.

OK, hope all is better now! It will be OK!
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 2:00 pm

Jul, Hope all works out for you! Can you book the $29 flight as a back up? For that price, I think I would want an alternative. Or is it from a different airport?

Chilly 33 here this am. :coldout:
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 2:08 pm

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.......good ideas......that's kinda what I'm thinking ......

We have an award ticket....I would hope they don't bump us to put someone from a canx flight on......our flight tmrw am was not even 1/2 full anyhow....

AND if I do the checkin online later today wouldn't I already have boarding passes and not be able to be bumped????
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 2:10 pm

I don't know Jul, I think the airlines can pretty much do what they want? Can you call and see what their policy is?
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 2:10 pm

Afternoon everyone...................well we are digging out. We had about 8 inches over night and it is still coming down. Thankfully it is not bitter cold out there. The snow is the soft fluffy kind. Makes ya want to lay down and make snow angels..................NOT!!!!

Julie, will keep our fingers crossed for you. I'm sure that everything will work out just fine.

Sheila, glad that you got everything arranged. I guess all SA flights depart from Atlanta. I think a 4 hour window should be fine. I certainly wish you no surprises like we had last March.

As far as receiving the C&A magazine.................if you are registered on My Cruises, the name of the person that is registered will not receive a C&A magazine. So, you would have to register the other person in the household to get it just like Diane and John do. I get the C&A magazine because Jim's name is registered under My Cruises.

BTW.........did I ever tell you all that I hate snow??? Mad Mad :taz: :taz: cursing cursing
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 2:12 pm

What do you guys think of this skirt? It is marked down from $129 to $29.

Does it look to much like a tablecloth or drapes????????

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 2067230
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 2:17 pm

Jen the skirt looks very nice. Jul, sounds like you are getting some really good advice from the boards here. You are on the prayer list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next