Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+14
barbeeAL
TwitchOR
Murphy
vlscruiser
Exairgoddess1
critterchick
cruisenfever
frudutx
GrmyCRS
nancyk2sea
misseddie
jillybabes
JJ2sail
cruiseforme
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 10:10 pm

Welcome Sharon and Greg....Im sure we'll get to know you more this next 23 months of planning........

NICE pics,Jen....really pretty.........

Jean-i get Kathy ALL the time....I can hear her voice in my head.....

I'll add my bon voyage wishes to Nancy too,in case..........have a fun time!!

Enjoyed the tv coverage today....but boy,did most of the people leave the parade early?????
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 10:49 pm

Welcome Sharon and Greg....................it's always a pleasure to add more bears to our den. I do hope you realize what you are getting yourself into!!

Can not get over the number of people that showed up in Washington, though of course I am not surprised................and they were definitely not ready. 5000 Port-a-Potties were placed all over town. 2 million people.............you do the math! affraid Oh, and at 28 degrees with a wind chill of 17............it would probably freeze before it could be eliminated!! bom

Michele O looked absolutely stunning in her inaugural dress. I was just a wee bit disappointed in the ball gown............but she still looks very nice.

Wishing everyone a great evening.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 10:53 pm

Since the parade was running late, guess they had to get ready for all the parties Party tonight...Just saw Michele in her gown on ABC and thought she looked lovely...Wonder what the media will think scratch !
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 10:55 pm

Patti: We were posting at the same time....
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 11:01 pm

I love the dress, but she's not standing up quite straight. Put those shoulders back, young lady!
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 11:09 pm

critterchick wrote:
I love the dress, but she's not standing up quite straight. Put those shoulders back, young lady!
I thought the same thing, but she must really be tired from all the excitement of the day!!!
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 11:09 pm

Have a good nite all...Catch ya tomorrow....
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 11:30 pm

EXPERTS!!! Need some help. Martha and I are thinking about doing MTD on the Rhapsody. From what I've read, it IS available, but on the website, it's not on the list. Could it possibly Rolling Eyes be wrong on the website???? AND one more question, have any of you ever done MTD and how did you like it? Oooops, one more, are jeans acceptable???? LOL
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 12:55 am

welcome Sharon & Greg--I know exactly how you feel about learninghow to navigate the system

beautiful sunset pictures--wow

night all

Brenda
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 1:01 am

Hi All, Watching my Tvo and I'm enjoying all the festivities. I agree about Michelle's dress. I liked it but she looks so stunning in jewel tones.

Chris Shrimp, I'll bite. What's MTD on Rhapsody??

Welcome Sharon and Greg we love your friends. Look forward to chatting with you in this crazy place. Gird your loins. Your in for a treat.

Mar I really liked Pastor Warren's invocation. He did very well.

Jen loved the pics. Can't imagine gettin off one ship and on to another but it sounds like a blast.
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 1:02 am

I believe it is my time dining.
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 1:03 am

Jen the Princess cruise sounds very nice and Holland America is a great cruise line.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 1:24 am

vlscruiser wrote:
I believe it is my time dining.

Duh !!!!!! on me Ginny. I should have been able to figure that out. duh duh duh
Back to top Go down
critterchick

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 2:23 am

Jen, on our Diamond Princess cruise a couple of years ago, some fellow Cruise Critics did what you're considering. Since Princess and HAL both leave from Canada Place, it's not too difficult. Just disembark at the end, clear Canadian immigration, slap your HAL luggage tags on your baggage and give it to the porters. Go through security and US immigration, then check in to HAL. Piece of cake!
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 10:40 am

GrmyCRS wrote:
EXPERTS!!! Need some help. Martha and I are thinking about doing MTD on the Rhapsody. From what I've read, it IS available, but on the website, it's not on the list. Could it possibly Rolling Eyes be wrong on the website???? AND one more question, have any of you ever done MTD and how did you like it? Oooops, one more, are jeans acceptable???? LOL

Good Morning SPB's It is 37 degrees here HolySheep !!!!

Chris: We have tried personal choice on Princess and loved it...Actually we had the same waitstaff & table the whole cruise (spoke to the head waiter after the first dinner and he said just show up same time every night)...I don't think jeans would be allowed in DR,(I know on Princess they are not allowed) but you would have to ask...
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 10:40 am

Off to get a haircut later today and shop for a closed pair of black shoes!!! Later, Jill
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 10:54 am

Good morning all, as Jill says, very cold here for FL

Chris--we have used personal choice on Princess several times, we also were able to have the same table and wait staff each night. We talked to the head waiter after the first night and we liked the staff so had the same place each night.

Have not tried My Time on RC yet but friends that have had the same time and same staff each night after they arranged it that way. We are also of the thinking that 6 is too early and 830 a bit late, really prefer about 8.

Things to do today but will check in before we sign off for our cruise tomorrow.

Later--
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 12:09 pm

nancyk2sea wrote:

Things to do today but will check in before we sign off for our cruise tomorrow.

Later--

have a great cruise

QUESTION--I know it is a "mystery" cruise, but is the thinking that it will be similar to the 14 day that Explorer is taking Dec 09? I have not found the info on this site for it yet.
thanks
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 12:25 pm

Morning everyone.......................thought I would check in before we go grocery shopping. My BIG DAY OUT for the week. Cool

Brens................we don't know if it will be the Explorer that will be sailing out of Bayonne in December of 2010. Rumors have it that Explorer will be replaced by another ship. Itineraries should be out in April of this year. We are all hoping it is the same itinerary as this year's.

Nancy have a wonderful time on your upcoming cruise.

Have a wonderful day......................
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 1:02 pm

critterchick wrote:
Jen, on our Diamond Princess cruise a couple of years ago, some fellow Cruise Critics did what you're considering. Since Princess and HAL both leave from Canada Place, it's not too difficult. Just disembark at the end, clear Canadian immigration, slap your HAL luggage tags on your baggage and give it to the porters. Go through security and US immigration, then check in to HAL. Piece of cake!

Jean, Do you think there is a way to check in our luggage, and then go do some sightseeing? My friend Karen has never been to Vancouver.
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 1:15 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Morning everyone.......................thought I would check in before we go grocery shopping. My BIG DAY OUT for the week. Cool

Brens................we don't know if it will be the Explorer that will be sailing out of Bayonne in December of 2010. Rumors have it that Explorer will be replaced by another ship. Itineraries should be out in April of this year. We are all hoping it is the same itinerary as this year's.

Nancy have a wonderful time on your upcoming cruise.

Have a wonderful day......................

thanks Patti. I guess we can dream until April until we know for sure.
Back to top Go down
critterchick

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 3:03 pm

JJ2sail wrote:
critterchick wrote:

Jean, Do you think there is a way to check in our luggage, and then go do some sightseeing? My friend Karen has never been to Vancouver.

I don't know how early the porters will accept bags. If you can check them by 10:00 am, that would leave you 4-5 hours to wander around Vancouver before you have to be back at the pier. I would try to be there by 3:00. But since it's a one-night cruise, you may want to maximize your time onboard.

I'm groggy this morning. Don has come down with a cold, and I just hope I've had my one cold for the season.

We're FINALLY due to get some rain tonight - we've been breaking high temperature records for 10 days, which is great for the gas and electric bills, but not so good for the reservoirs.

That's my news for the day...
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 3:10 pm

Cool Bon Voyage Nancy......hope u have a GREAT time!
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 3:18 pm

Bon Voyage Nancy!

We are cloudy and in the 50's today.

Jean, I don't think we dock in Vancouver until 10:00? Not sure why. So hopefully the Westerdam will already be there, and we can check the bags, and go out for a couple of hours anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 3:19 pm

Afternoon all...........

Dennis and I went to the new gym that opened up last night............BOY,am I outta shape.........I used to be able to add weight up to 75-90 pounds.........some of them I couldnt even do with 5 pounds........its so depressing............But I liked the gym..........wasnt full of body builder types......

Hey jen--I remember when we cruised outta Vancouver,we thought we might need lugggae storage so we could sightsee.............I looked it up and sure enough ,they do offer it.
http://www.britishcolumbia.com/information/cruiseships.html

and lets not talk about the COLD!! :coldout:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next